Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? (20228 Views)

Man Slammed Online For Saving Mother Instead Of Wife; Who Would You Have Saved? / Nigeria:a Nation Of Wife Beaters? / Wife-beaters -understanding Your Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 17, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Errrrr,

Dun be h-annoyed sah! grin

*na who sen me message? Fact! Toto dey smell tooooooo musssssh!!!!! I really can't stand mine. . . . Phuuuuuuuummmmm!!!* lipsrsealed

Ode

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
What a messed up thread....
Now I feel like a wife beater even though no one in my family have beaten anyone yet

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by crackhaus: 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
edwife:

Lol,you can say it again.

It strange how my little comment turn to something else all of a sudden....
You figured it out already from this bit in your comment.
edwife:

It's like someone saying married women are cheats, why should i feel offended when i am not?

Nothing more to add... cool grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 17, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Sorry o!
I have just thrashed your breakfast, lunch, dinner and bed-time snack!
No wonder ya mott and fingers dey smell sosototototo all over NL.

Ewu!!! kiss

Swerve... ode lason

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by cococandy(f): 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
edwife:

When i talk about feminists my true opinion about it is that i don't see any here.That's just me and i was not even referring to Nairaland alone but Nigeria as a whole,as you can see i was referring to Freecoco post.

It's like someone saying married women are cheats,why should i feel offended when i am not?And suddenly it was no longer about marital rape but about feminists?really? Is what the topic is all about?

Ok let me pause before I start speaking someone else's mind abeg I'll leave her to say what she means when she comes.

On the matter, you're not the first person who has said stuff about people showing feminism online as not being serious. Well I totally agree with her that online is as good as anywhere and that's why that comment plus many others like it is funny.

Of course you just made the comment without direct reference to any online feminist around here and probably no intention of deriding anyone's feminism or whatever they chose to call it.
But someone could still chose to see it as snide:

And definitely (even if she denies it) your comment led her to type hers which addresses not just your post but also the others who have said such before.(about online feminists not being serious)

As long as she wasn't abusive, what's snide about it?
Calling it snide is as UNFAIR as someone telling you your other post was a snide remark about feminists who are posting here 'online'

I was actually skipping posts and liked that her post but after you said something about snide comments, I had to go back and read through to understand which comment led to which.

I don't think there's anything offensive about that post and I would have moved on except that I liked and cosigned the post. So was wondering where you saw the snideness. Her original post or my consigning one.

It's always better to clear the air than let it fester.

What was the thread about again?
Good question.
I've even forgotten.

Ok Nigerian wife beaters.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

With the utmost pleasure!!!
Ijjjjjiota!!!! kiss

Lol..... ode

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by troy20(m): 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
edwife:

It's funny "when people" say it end here really?coco? And how does she know i don't do anything about it?So posting on NL is doing something about it? I do a lot by the way about it,and here on NL.Some young ladies who i will keep anonymous can attest to it yet i don't shout feminist everywhere.

When i talk about feminists my true opinion about it is that i don't see any here;That's just me and i was not even referring to Nairaland alone but Nigeria as a whole,as you can see i was referring to Freecoco post.

It's like someone saying married women are cheats,why should i feel offended when i am not?And suddenly it was no longer about marital rape but about feminists?really? Is what the topic is all about?

well why the hell you say there is no feminist in nairaland when we have a growing army.and your comment is not leaning heavily enough towards the known fact that men are beasts.thats why some of your sex want your head.the topic is on domestic violence and it should have just been that.but the op just veerd off into very false and debatable angle.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by kaboninc(m): 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
coogar:

the incidence isn't really the matter, it's the punishment that we are talking about. at least, wife beaters in the west get punished. what happens to wife beaters in nigeria? even when the evidence of wife barred by dino melayie was exposed, you people still went ahead to vote him as a senator.

it's a disgrace!

"We" people did not vote him.
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by cococandy(f): 8:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hehehehe
Some people and adding fuel to smoking embers cheesy

Finally read through all the pages.

I must say this thread is resilient.
Unlike some others, it hasn't derailed into catfights.

Some people that get off when others fight are itching to have it go there.
See an incidence of misunderstanding or offended posters and cash in to make sure the parties misunderstanding each other don't resolve it amicably.

(Psychology of pitch them against each other.)

Now this is a snide comment.
If you know you're guilty, it's meant for you.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
coogar:

i can boldly say up to 80% of the nigerian married men must have been guilty of this. the problem is - many people think räpe has to be violent. clothes have to be torn, undies have to be ripped apart, etc but that's just a lame way of looking at it.

a man who refuses to eat his wifey's food is using emotional warfare to force her into sëx - that is rape. a man who refuses to give his wife money cos she refuses to have sex is also räpe if the wife later succumbs to his demand.

violence isn't the only tool necessary for räpe to take place. there are also
•threats
•coercion
•fear of duress or detention
•physchological oppression
•abuse of power

you mean i can walk into your house right now & whisk you away without paying a dime? grin

biko, gimme your address in PH before timbuktou beats me to it. grin

Coogar, you're unbelievable. A whopping 80%? I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. Meanwhile, I'm on a night bus to PH, dey dia dey jonse. Who no like better tin?
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by coogar: 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
Timbuktou:

Coogar, you're unbelievable. A whopping 80%? I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. Meanwhile, I'm on a night bus to PH, dey dia dey jonse. Who no like better tin?

night bus to PH? cheesy cheesy
i can bet there's a pretty lady sat next to you with your hands in her bra. grin

don't go to freecocoa's house o
i have already alerted her dad that you might show up. he's waiting for you with his 12-gauge shotgun. cheesy
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
There's no point commenting on the thread anyway.... I came too late...
The thread is thrash if you ask me....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by SAMBARRY: 9:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

See "stroking"! grin

Please, carry on love birds!
Muhehehehehe
excuse you !Love bird with that egocentric fool

Tufiaaaaaaaaa
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by Daresh(f): 9:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
Mutaino7:
If u lots are going to talk about domestic violence abeg America should top d list *ray rice, 50cent palaver, kim and ray and many more* not to talk of the none celebrities stories dat dont make headlines.. Nigeria is still learning compare to d level of spousal violence being xperience in d west nd east(arabs).

At least they know its a problem and report cases. Here its the norm and is swept under the rug. Women dont matter here.
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
coogar:

night bus to PH? cheesy cheesy
i can bet there's a pretty lady sat next to you with your hands in her bra. grin

don't go to freecocoa's house o
i have already alerted her dad that you might show up. he's waiting for you with his 12-gauge shotgun. cheesy
There's no pretty girl here at all o. We're all hard body travellers.

He won't see me, Cocoa and I are eloping. The signal is to throw three pebbles at her window and she pretends to come out for a stroll, and off we go. Sorry mate, the Lord will provide ya own grin
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by SAMBARRY: 9:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

ouch! grin grin
KanwuliaJara:

See JOLOSI O? shocked
You CHAUVNISTIC, SCROTUMLESS BUZZZZZARDS on this NL ehn? Una nor dey taya? undecided

If na to gang up like ABIA rapistssss to cheer brainless COWS OF DESPERADO CUCK-SUCKERS ati MENTALLY-SODOMIZED FEMALES who never knew their SPERM-DONORS tear each other apart from thread to thread. . . . . . Like your fathers watched their indentured concubines of HOUESMAIDS, only given out in marriage to increase the portion of food in the house. . . Just for your sociopathetic amusement, you are not at peace.

News for you?

Only women raised like your mothers and sisters, in THE MOST BASAL conditions of poverty and squalor would degenerate to such primordial conditions of human evolution.

We nor dey "UNA" league! kiss
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by coogar: 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
Timbuktou:

There's no pretty girl here at all o. We're all hard body travellers.

He won't see me, Cocoa and I are eloping. The signal is to throw three pebbles at her window and she pretends to come out for a stroll, and off we go. Sorry mate, the Lord will provide ya own grin

if that's how you wanna play it, lemme go & wake baba bomboy....he has a proper speedboat that would get me to PH within 45 mins. don't worry, i would be waiting for you there.
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by SAMBARRY: 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
grin grin grin
cococandy:
Hehehehe

See an incidence of misunderstanding or offended posters and cash in to make sure the parties misunderstanding each other don't resolve it amicably.

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
coogar:

if that's how you wanna play it, lemme go & wake baba bomboy....he has a proper speedboat that would get me to PH within 45 mins. don't worry, i would be waiting for you there.
You'd be sorry to find that most of these are only fixing to take your money without rendering any service. Let it go, bruv. The Cocoa is mine. Hehehehe. *insert evil grin*
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by bukatyne(f): 9:37pm On Jun 17, 2015
Timbuktou:
Quick question: how many women, here, would look favourably upon her sister's husband divorcing her for yabbing. As in, she too dey yab me, dat na why I come divorce am. Please answer honestly.

What is your definition of verbal abuse?
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by bukatyne(f): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2015
freecocoa:
You go first ask yourself, whether these women even believe it is normal for a woman to be president. It is something still considered taboo around here.

Forget the internet, Nigeria is still very backward on matters like this.

When I try to even talk to some women on women empowerment, the response I get is saddening "babe leave o, we are in Nigeria, unless you don't want to get married bla bla bla"

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Sometimes I even think, the women themselves don't want a change, many Nigerian women are intellectually lazy, they fear responsibility like mad, they just want to manage to graduate, get married, have babies and enjoy their husband's money.
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by bukatyne(f): 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

Show me a single post where I have insulted anybody on this forum(apart from franchesca)!

My grievance with you and cougar is thinking that rape among the married is "widespread"! Wtf is that? But it's only the marriages you are involved in that are good? You just think all Nigerian men re barbaric illiterates?!? What nonsense! What abject generalization! What Immbroglio!

Majority of nigerian men are gentlemen and it is only the random few that will force themselves on thier wives and end up in the headlines to make sensational news for young folk like you to come up with sh1t like these!

@ bolded:

And gentleman just had a new meaning.
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
bukatyne:

What is your definition of verbal abuse?

Loosely speaking, saying insulting and demeaning words at someone with the deliberate intention to hurt and cause pain at the intended recipient.
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by bukatyne(f): 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
Timbuktou:

Loosely speaking, saying insulting and demeaning words at someone with the deliberate intention to hurt and cause pain at the intended recipient.

And women are more guilty of this in marriage?
Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by babygirlfl: 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
Exactly whom the cap fits, wear it. You referred to feminist and one answered however in my post I did not refer to anyone and you replied so who does the cap fit now?

If you really wanted to say your opinion, you can say it without referring to feminists. If you call mine a snide remark, I wonder what you will call yours. You made a post saying you laugh at feminists and you see nothing wrong in it. Why can't people just make a comment without putting down feminists. Anyway my posts though born out of your posts was an avenue to address this issue of telling feminists that their feminism ends here.

I guess you should take your advice too. If your name was not mentioned, you just move on.

When I read freecocoa's posts, I don't think she was referring to feminists online. I think she was referring to women who don't want to do anything.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by babygirlfl: 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
cococandy:
Hehehehe

Some people are not worth replying and are permanently ignored. Even when you ignore them and run away as far as possible from them, they will still keep looking for ways to bring you to start an insult fest which is the only thing they are good at. To such people, I ignore them until they start doubting their existence. Anyway I know better that let someone use me against another person.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? by thetruthnl: 11:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
Francisca always meddling in women affairs grin oh I forgot she is among.
Coogar has dealt enough with you,I don't have anymore thing to add. grin

Royalroy the poster above me grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)

45 Life Lessons, Written By A 90 Year Old. / My Husband Goes Mad After Smoking ‘igbo’ Every Morning – Wife Tells Court / How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.