Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials (38118 Views)

80th Birthday Dinner: Soyinka Replies Rivers Govt / Buhari Appoints Ibim Semenitari As NDDC Acting Managing Director / Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by elohorayodele: 11:18pm On Jun 18, 2015
So a commissioner's status car in Rivers is an armoured Lexus car? Na Wa oh.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Frankiss44(m): 11:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
michaelala:
wike was not only part of the last administration, he was the deputy governor. so if Amechi was bad, why didn't Wike resign?

Must you fool yourself online by saying things you know nothing about ? Na you make Wike deputy governor?

2 Likes

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by ogele: 11:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
Adesuyi07:
am very disappointed that some of d pple that commented above didn't read nor understand d response of d woman. if it was properly assigned to him and she has prove of allocation due to d monetisation policy , I think Wike or what he calls himself is v wrong on this. A simple letter like d woman said should've been written.
u need to go back to school for goodness sake... Just hear urself "If it was assigned to HIM and SHE has prove of allocation". Western Germany syndrome

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by aristosoft(m): 11:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
If most of the comments I read are from Nigerians, then our problems are more than we thought. Consolation is that some still reason modestly.
PDP has produced three 'thug-like' governors..... Fayose, Akala and now, Wike. APC has one - Aregbe.....only that he added comedy to his.

More than the change GMB is trying to portray, we need a very sound re-orientation minister. Many of you here are patient of LOW OT.

#SipsKunu

3 Likes

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by texazzpete(m): 11:24pm On Jun 18, 2015
Frankie9ice:

Guy, you have a problem understanding what she wrote ni? The Range Rover wasn't carted away, her husband's (I just learnt now that her husband is d MD of Unity Bank, the oga pata pata at the top).
If I were her, I have already done enough to clear my name, I won't bother going to court at all. Especially if am blessed wit the virtue of contentment, or am comfortable financially, which I expect she is.

My bad,
The initial post from the previous story said this

The operatives recovered a Lexus Armoured Vehicle from the residence. Another Range Rover vehicle is said to have been in the possession of the former Information Commissioner

I assumed this meant the Range Rover was retrieved also.

But my point still stands. If your car is illegally seized, you seek justice. That is the right thing to do.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by princejenks(m): 11:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
Obj left behind a lot of problems nigeria is still grappling with till now,one of which is monetization that this former comm is using to claim govt property as her entitlement,what a shame
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by angelsing(m): 12:00am On Jun 19, 2015
Firefire:
embarassed

Wike, what is wrong with you? Must you run to the market unclothe to show your desperation ?

I am your fan but this is not acceptable. angry

Wike, can you tell me why I should not hate you going forward?
You are one of a kind among ur peers...am sure most of ur people on the other side won't like this ur comment...Calling a spade a Spade...You head is there once again...A ma ri dudu ka pe ni funfun
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Caseless: 12:07am On Jun 19, 2015
luvinhubby:
Long & short of the story....You made away with govt property after leaving office, govt sent it's people to recover their property in your custody for the incoming govt official to use, what is the noise for?
illiterate, go back up and read the statement up there.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Caseless: 12:12am On Jun 19, 2015
Firefire:
embarassed

Wike, what is wrong with you? Must you run to the market unclothe to show your desperation ?

I am your fan but this is not acceptable. angry

Wike, can you tell me why I should not hate you going forward?
good!
This is why I don't like it whenever i see an un-befitting post coming from you. I have told you before that, you are different among your guys and shouldn't be seen behaving like them.

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 19, 2015
this woman should be talking of reverse-monetization, lol

i guess she spoke in the heat of the moment. monetization means she'd have made her own transportation arrangements, in which case we won't have come to this ugly pass at all. she would have bought her own car with allowances paid directly to her account, and she'd have registered same in her own name. i doubt if she would have bought the latest lexus limouisine pictured above. she'd have settled for a corolla, max.

Which was precisely the reason the janus faced amaechi administration binned the monetization policy and bought top of the range vehicles for these shameless parasites: they knew they would leave with the cars at the end of their tenure by paying nominal sums at book value.

The monetization policy she's hastily referring to was meant to prevent this kind theft of public resources. Amaechi goes up and down moaning about probity and selfless service but he's a regular leech just like the rest of them. Hypocrites and parasites all.

2 Likes

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by digitalman: 12:19am On Jun 19, 2015
They should arrest that common criminal
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by angelsing(m): 12:21am On Jun 19, 2015
barcanista:
Ibim should hide her head in shame
Base on what exactly?...did Wike buried his own head in shame when he went away with his official car when he was the chief of staff?....This ur transformation is really shocking...You just throw all ur sense of reasoning out of the door when u left ur previous party...This can't be the barcanista I know

3 Likes

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by angelsing(m): 12:24am On Jun 19, 2015
nattyhero:
I

I am not and Will never be in.support of thuggery. the question I have for you is which court should Wike use, the one her principal Amaechi locked up for years?? irony
Are u not aware it has being opened by wike the first week he became a governor...He has even appointed a new chief justice or whatever the call them at the state level
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by angelsing(m): 12:30am On Jun 19, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Wike must have given a warning to all past public officers to return the stolen property. And since they refused to return it, he had to retrieve it by force.
this is an assumption on ur part...why assume if u really don't know...try see if u can get a link and post here so we can see if he did that...Did u not see the part she said a simple letter would have been sent to her rather than the way and manner in which they did...Did u also miss the part he said Wike went away with his official car when he was Chief of staff...Forget Ameachi brouhaha withe the president and call a spade a spade

2 Likes

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by ubamfrank: 12:31am On Jun 19, 2015
Is it everything read you will believe ? If she has proof of allocation was she able to pay the cost. Cos most of us doesn't understand monetisation policy. Paying 30% of the initial cost of the car. Either you pay it directly or it will be deducted from wardrobe allowance when ur leaving office.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by sunshine1974(m): 12:33am On Jun 19, 2015
My governor has upto 30 cars in his convoy, does it mean he's to go with d official bullet proof cars allocated to him as governor? I really don't understand, pls someone shld put me through.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by sunshine1974(m): 12:35am On Jun 19, 2015
Hahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahaaha, abeg I can't fit laugh. grin oh my world! Deputy governor
Frankiss44:

Must you fool yourself online by saying things you know nothing about ? Na you make Wike deputy governor?
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by angelsing(m): 12:37am On Jun 19, 2015
Waterway:
Well it is a democracy. Official cars etc belongs to the state / The people
Going home with goverment property is agaist the law. If the laws have been changed to serve the selfish interest of elected officials to go HOME with The People's property the it is wrong. If she feels the law is on her side then file a lawsuit and let the courts take it up. I think it is absurd to think it makes any sense to loot goverment because your tenure is over---- what a waste of resources and baseless argument by thiefs and clowns elected to leadership position. Can every head of service and director retire and take home the official cars etc How can any sane mind think this is right Wike has my vote here to move on and get back what belongs to The people, By the People , For The people!!!
This ur selected amnesia is baffling...What about the one Wike went away with when he was chief of staff or u did not see that?...How can u support impunity?..the law is the law until it is changed....If the monetisation policy is a good or bad thing is a different issue all together
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Rexnegro(m): 12:45am On Jun 19, 2015
luvinhubby:
Long & short of the story....You made away with govt property after leaving office, govt sent it's people to recover their property in your custody for the incoming govt official to use, what is the noise for?
Even with her explanation imagine ur reasoning. Na wa o
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by zipamowei(m): 1:08am On Jun 19, 2015
luvinhubby:
It is really unfortunate that you cannot really reason properly because of sentiments for Wike! It does not really matter, there is no justification to break into someone else's house in the name of recovering govt property. All these thuggery and nonsense can only happen in Naija. Two wrongs can never make a right. Wike has proved that he is a thug with a lot of bitterness and for sure he will not last.

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by uncledewale(m): 1:11am On Jun 19, 2015
Impunity and lawlesness at its peak..........no search warrant and u invaded someone's home??

2 Likes

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 19, 2015
Damn! What surprise me is how some thoughtless Id*iots are responding to this news I hope WIKE is not digging his grave? Ma'am, worry not because he who laugh last laugh better.

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by samtol4(m): 1:47am On Jun 19, 2015
texazzpete:
To be honest, there's something seriously OFF about her response.

Police broke into your house and carted away your 'husband's car' and your official car (that now belongs to you). You pen an open letter and not even once talk about going to court to pursue legal recourse to recovering your cars, or any other recovery measures you'd expect an aggrieved citizen to use!

Nah, that just doesn't ring right with me. Nobody will surrender their personal cars without a fight.
Nigerian judiciary system is dead did u see anybody winning case against government in Nigeria?Waste of time sueing Govt because d judges are in govt pocket !Indeed A ROGUE IS NOW IN POWER !AGBERO GOVERNOR wetin he go govern? He will waste 3years recovering properties and neglecting d masses!

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 19, 2015
barcanista:
Ibim should hide her head in shame
Damn! I thought u were more intelligent than the rest Tanoids, never knew u guys are birds of the same feather. What WIKE did is not acceptable in any way. There are many ways to go about it with out invading her home un noticed. But they say" he who laugh last laugh better" it will only take PMB a call to get him Expose.

3 Likes

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Decryptor(m): 2:01am On Jun 19, 2015
donphilopus:
If you condemn(ed) the 'abduction' of Umaru Dikko in London, but commend Wike for this unlawful act/act of thuggery, then you're a hypocrite.

I hope the people commending Wike for this unlawful conduct would not shout foul play if Buhari decides to go after Jonathan and his former aides. Buhari doesn't deal with Police or DSS, he deals with the Military. So if he wanna embark on that kinda task, it would be a case of 'hell on earth' for Jonathan and his immediate aides. Anyway, I trust Buhari. He's neither a tout nor a thug, so he would embark on that!

Before any of you (TANdroids) spew gibberish, try visit this link>>> http://www.punchng.com/news/ive-not-stopped-jonathans-ministers-from-travelling-abroad-buhari/

Wike is collecting back Govt stolen property! Now that's CHANGE!

If you don't like it, then GO AND DIE!

1 Like

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 19, 2015
SweetSoup:
Many just rush to comment based on the headline of a thread, they abuse the woman but na dem no really get brain..
Abi o. People I blame most are the MODS that aloud something written by a thoughtless Id*iot to stand on a front page topic. That is why when ever u recommend nairaland for mature people they will say no, that it belongs to little and thoughtless boys
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Nobody: 2:08am On Jun 19, 2015
Decryptor:

Wike is collecting back Govt stolen property! Now that's CHANGE!

If you don't like it, then GO AND DIE!
U sound frustrated, she is not responsible for your failure in life? angry

2 Likes

Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Decryptor(m): 2:13am On Jun 19, 2015
sameer1212:
U sound frustrated, she is not responsible for your failure in life? angry

Ok! You have been noticed.

Now kindly fùck off.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by kamikaze2458(m): 2:15am On Jun 19, 2015
After all she has been lieing to the public that her master Amaechi did not owe civil servants or has paid them their salary. With this woman the truth is always economical. It is govt property, period.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by Jonwesley(m): 2:50am On Jun 19, 2015
I feel so bad to be a Nigerian. I hate Nairaland because of how daft they have become. Indeed Nairaland is full of jobless people. The reason why most of you have and will never succeed is already written all over you. Poor comprehension skills, full of prejudices and people that lack retentive abilities. Wike's Gangsterism and show of power, witch hunting the people of the previous government is why I hear all Nairalanders make comments like these? I'm deeply disappointed to be here.

Wike cannot live long. How did Nigeria come to this. Senseless bickering on somebody, who made you? GEJ you cannot have peace in retirement for sowing discord and allow it to thrive in Rivers state. Ibim was very vocal on the acts against pdp and wike's imposition upon the people of rivers state. That is what is leading to this wicked intimidation by wike and why only her. Amaechi is a key figure in this central government and this fight has just begun. If the PMB anger is brought into this brigandage the people of rivers will have a lot to suffer in times to come.
Re: Ibim Semenitari Reacts To The "Invasion" Of Her Home By Rivers Govt Officials by omonnakoda: 3:45am On Jun 19, 2015
I think we need clarification of this claim that she is entitled to her "status" cars. How many cars? Does this mean that if any given ministry has 4 commissioners in 4 years they will take 4 cars? I find her defence of Obasanjo's monetization policy strange.That is the FG and is not binding on the state governments unless Rivers State adopted it.

On the other hand the action of the state government based on her description appears unlawful and she should consider going to court. The government does not have the right to invade peoples homes to recover its property any more than a private individual. It should have followed due process by writing her and then going to court.The fact that it is government property does not change the law. A recovery order from the court should not be hard for the government to get

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari, Sanusi And 4Governors Praying For Nigeria (Photos) / Meet Otobong Ndem Who Finished HND Before Secondary School / #EndInsecurityNow: DSS Detains Northern Group Leaders Over Planned Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.