Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church (17681 Views)

How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com / Sleeping In A Room Where A Dead Body Was Buried. / Philip Mensah: I Have Been Sleeping In Graves For 30 Years To Get Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:
I sleep a lot in church most especially during the sermon, but as soon as I leave the church my eye clears.

in fact wen I get home and lie on my bed the sleep disappears. What culd be the problem.

Is it a spiritual problem? How do I go about stopping it?
ur face resemble person wel de sleep 4 church wel wel
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by daxon001(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2015
As ihn egfnn...
It'sa nnut easeiy o,
binm dozinn sincse evenu wjhle typimn disc.
*Loard av Mercsy*
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by refreshrate: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:

But our lives are at stake if we sleep in church, we can end up in hell don't u think hell shuld be more scary dan ur CGPA?

Seriously? And you say youre in school? so going to church is what makes you go to heaven? Even worse still sleeping in church you could end up in hell?

Na wa!
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by xynerise: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2015
That was because you were just listening and not imagining what you were listening to. I don't know how to explain it
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Reference(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2015
No love for God. Stop loving the world. You go visit someone you love dearly and the person is talking and you are sleeping off. Re-evaluate your relationship with people and things. You're too much into the world.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Spydamannn(m): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2015
Stop going to church

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by soleexx(m): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:
I sleep a lot in church most especially during the sermon, but as soon as I leave the church my eye clears.

in fact wen I get home and lie on my bed the sleep disappears. What culd be the problem.

Its not a spiritual problem..These occur because sometimes when listening to the sermon
1.You find it boring
2.You begin to have some taught about other things you gonna do or have done
3.Then your mind told you its not the time to think of what's happening in your mind in the church..
4.You listen to the voice speaking to you but you still found the preaching boring..you now left with nothing
5.from there the brain gives you a hand..(By helping your system go to a rest mode)..which makes you go sleepy...

I think that's where ur issue may come from

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by pure2012soul(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2015
Hmmm

Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Bash399(m): 10:17am On Jun 21, 2015
Try colanut and c or drink coffee.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by refreshrate: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2015
Dont go to church then as it seems not to work well with you. if dem go para for house go your boyfriend house go sleep abeg, have you noticed todays weather? The thing go make sense wella, and your BF go appreciate am die!
You sef go get productive week, how you see am?
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2015
It's just evil
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by PleasureShop: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2015
eleojo23:
Stop taking custard before going to church! grin

I'm serious. If you can avoid heavy food before going to church, it will help a great deal. When you eat, your body goes into digestion mode. During digestion, your body breaks down the nutrients in food. This causes a rise in blood sugar that triggers your pancreas to release insulin into the bloodstream. Insulin increases the amount of serotonin and melatonin that flood the brain, two chemicals associated with drowsiness.

Try to get enough sleep on Saturday night. If you do, you will not be able to sleep for some hours after you are fully rested. (You could still be bored, you just won't fall asleep.)

Also, get more interested in the sermon and try to take down notes. If you take notes, it is much easier to stay awake than if you just listen.

Or become a worker, that would make you active.

Biochemist?
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by deshacreme: 10:25am On Jun 21, 2015
if u dey find miracle dat sleep no go near u
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by chorui1o: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2015
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by FuckItzDharay: 10:29am On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:

fyn geh like u dey sleep 4church...
Aniway, welcome 2d club.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by chorui1o: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2015
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by no2fuks(m): 10:32am On Jun 21, 2015
stardragon:
ur face resemble person wel de sleep 4 church wel wel
LMFAO
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Nellypy: 10:33am On Jun 21, 2015
My dear u nid to be prayerful to conquer d slip ok.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Seunpaul01(m): 10:34am On Jun 21, 2015
Uneed thorough eye opener deliverance. u sleeping in d church means the devil is givin u a very cold milk or probably u are sucking the breast of a female demon. just try and find fun in the service.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2015
Eat kolanuts grin grin
it works like magic.

www.datafilehost.com/d/903212c7
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by specco(m): 10:37am On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:

The bible says that 'Faith cometh by hearing the Word of God' Maybe that wicked one(devil) causes you to dose off so that you wont hear that vital truth that'll make your faith level to rise.
Pray over it and make a conscious effort to stay awake in the church.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Bencofi: 10:39am On Jun 21, 2015
Sleeping in the church is course by a demonic spirit, dat doesn't want u to grow spiritually, the way to stop him not 2 v power over ur mind so dat u will nt be sleeping in d church! Learn 2 address ur mind wit d word of God, I mean learn 2 meditate on God's word often. Learn 2 deal wit dat issue wit d name of jesus christ any time u feel it cuming. U most know how speak in tongues by d holy spirit.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Jhayeahsam01(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2015
carry fone along for pressing
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by jnrbayano(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha,

Read this...

jnrbayano:
Those time I slept in the church here are the immediate and remote causes:

1. Immediate cause: Played game or watched film/football into my sleeping time the night before Sunday
Remote cause: Myself

2. Immediate cause: Found the church proceedings boring that time

3. Immediate cause: Hunger (sleeping in order to try suppress hunger in the period I am in the church)

Now I don't sleep in the church anymore, why?

1. I realised that why I slept in the church in the time past was strictly my fault

2. Since I see it as strictly my fault, I can surmount it by proper analysis of the situation.

3. Began resting well in the night before Sunday to escape being tired during Mass

4. Realised that I can't go for an exam, interview or infront of a mortal dignitary and be caught napping. Why will I appear before my creator and sleep?

5. I learnt to put mind over body. Now, hunger where is thy sting?

6. Most importantly, if you decide not to sleep in the church and act naturally in a way aversed to it, God rubberstamps it. Devil will realise you mean business and flees.

Happy Sunday smiley

Hope it helps.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:

...even if I leave Church halfway for home, the unforgiving sleep flees once I get home undecided sad
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Josephamstrong1(m): 10:53am On Jun 21, 2015
Carry bucket of water along to church.
Weneva d' demonic comes, soak ya legs insyd d' bucket of water....seriously, it'll do. grin grin
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by pyyxxaro: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2015
sandrannna:

u r NOTJUSTOK like dat website I download ma songs.

Am ok IJN... Amen cry
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by dammytosh: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:

It is not spiritual , you did not plan for it and our mind is configured to rest on weekends. Especially after you woke up late o saturday morning.

1. Sleep on time on Saturday night
2. Get chewing gum, tom-tom in your bag.
3. Try and take coffee or tea before leaving the house.
4. Ensure your Pastor is not boring,
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by sorextee(m): 10:59am On Jun 21, 2015
How will it help her to stop sleeping in church?? undecided undecided
osazeet:
If you sleep in Church, then you must be yet to find the right place for work and worship, read this below;

knowledge is the essence of this Aquarian age, Astrological symbol of water pouring out from a jar for those thirsty for knowledge, hence information/ technology era.

The last age was Piscean age, symbolism of two fishes in the zodiac sign, hence Jesus made his disciples fishers of men, fed multitudes with 2 fishes and five loafs bread.

The Piscean age was the era of discovery of new lands across oceans.
You need to know more about yourself today esoterically.
Think out of the box .
we have a whatsapp group called esoteric free thinkers
Here you will learn a lot with an open mind.
KNOW THYSELF.
join us today to broaden your horizon 08095943082;

Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Praisles(f): 11:12am On Jun 21, 2015
It might be spiritual. Pray that the Invisible fan being blown at you, by satan inorderto deny you of ur blessings should be disconnected and burn off ijn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Lost Two Kids In One Day While Saving My Wife –rev. Uma Ukpai / Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.