Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church (17838 Views)

How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com / Sleeping In A Room Where A Dead Body Was Buried. / Philip Mensah: I Have Been Sleeping In Graves For 30 Years To Get Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by olumide81(m): 11:15am On Jun 21, 2015
Join the ushering group....and see wonders.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Olypeppy(f): 11:19am On Jun 21, 2015
I had that same issue,what I did was that I stopped stressing myself on Sunday Monday.I do my chores on Saturday night,then in the morning I just do the necessary ones,bath,eat light food and I'm off to church.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Revolva(m): 11:24am On Jun 21, 2015
Aand such a post made front page.....nonsense u for carry mat go sleep for pastor alter abi tse tse fly don bite u
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by sorextee(m): 11:24am On Jun 21, 2015
If that's d case, all churches shld dismantle the fans and ACs in the church.. so, when u sweat, u re sweating for the Lord. Divine sweat.. sweat of upliftment, sweat of supernatural grace, etc.
Praisles:
It might be spiritual. Pray that the Invisible fan being blown at you, by satan inorderto deny you of ur blessings should be disconnected and burn off ijn
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by piicity(m): 11:34am On Jun 21, 2015
Bros na ur father enemy dey follow you
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by cabaliciouscabal: 11:40am On Jun 21, 2015
Drink Black Coffee B4 Leaving 4 Church, dat should kip ur eyes open
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by sirneyo2005: 11:52am On Jun 21, 2015
pyyxxaro:
1st step : Rub pepper for ur eye

2nd step : Rub tatashe / Aboniki balm

3rd step : use tooth pick to hold ur eye, make e nor close

Finally na Devil de use the person cry
grin
pyyxxaro:

guy u badoooooo

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by caprini1: 12:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
Very simple ,see the service as somewhere you are really looking forward to attend and gain something beautiful and not just because everyone goes to church on sunday.....abi do u sleep off at the airport when you are waiting for your early morning flight to the USA?
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Drenix(m): 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ma dear, its d devil hand work. d bible says "ye shall knw d truth n d truth shall set u free" not only u do slyp y d sermon is going on,so many pipo does so. Cus dat bastard(devil) knws dat, once u hear d truth 4rm d man of /God during sermon, u can conquer him,so he will strategies by blowing d wind of slyp 2 d congregation, so wen u feel d breeze,u slyp of. So ma dear, learn 2 discipline ur mind, soul and body B4 goin 2 church, and also pray on ur own against d spirit of evil slyp while in d church... God bless
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Drenix(m): 12:07pm On Jun 21, 2015
olumide81:
Join the ushering group....and see wonders.
. Bros even ushers dey slyp............ Calm down
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Bruno3000(m): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:

But our lives are at stake if we sleep in church, we can end up in hell don't u think hell shuld be more scary dan ur CGPA?
na wa oh... U na big case o. What sort of advise do you want again?
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by STEVENcrack(m): 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sleep very early on saturday. It works for me a lot. And when I wasn't able to sleep so early I made sure I sip a cup of coffee b4 I go to church.

I hate sleeping in his presence with passion.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Bruno3000(m): 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
Vikkie14:
Am sure you haven't seen where an Usher sleeps while standing?

Sleeping in church isn't due to eating "heavy" meal on sunday. It boils down to some spiritual powers overpowering one's ability to listen to sermon.

Hasn't it occur to you that Sleep comes only during Sermon/Ministration/Message??

Why aint you sleeping during Praise and Worship, during Dancing and singing?? Why is it only during sermon?

Does that means the Preacher is Boring or the Sermon is boring or
does it implies you are SPIRITUALLY pinned??

Why aint you sleeping off during Football matches between Chelsea and Barca?? Ehn ehn!!! Is that so? So why not replicate same thing in church??

Spiritual Bondage causes Sermon Boredom which leads to Sleeping
with due respect, some preachers are very very boring... and they talk too much. Too much of everything is very very bad.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Ramos16(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
i am having this very problem, i just picked my phone in church and discovered this thread
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:
I sleep a lot in church most especially during the sermon, but as soon as I leave the church my eye clears.

in fact wen I get home and lie on my bed the sleep disappears. What culd be the problem.

Is it a spiritual problem? How do I go about stopping it?

u don't have a problem. ur pastors/priests preach nonsense. be happy, ur normal.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Astutechris(m): 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
eleojo23:

You must have watched a lot of Tom and Jerry cartoons. grin

Lol seriously he has.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Astutechris(m): 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
eleojo23:

OK. I think you just found your cure. The next time you feel sleepy, tell yourself "If I fall asleep, I may go to hell!"
That should keep you awake. cheesy

I agree with this solution.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by bigiyaro(m): 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
@op, take plenty of eba or heavy akamu before goin to church, walahi, sleep will not come near thy tent.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by ndcide(m): 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2015
Vikkie14:
Am sure you haven't seen where an Usher sleeps while standing?

Sleeping in church isn't due to eating "heavy" meal on sunday. It boils down to some spiritual powers overpowering one's ability to listen to sermon.

Hasn't it occur to you that Sleep comes only during Sermon/Ministration/Message??

Why aint you sleeping during Praise and Worship, during Dancing and singing?? Why is it only during sermon?

Does that means the Preacher is Boring or the Sermon is boring or
does it implies you are SPIRITUALLY pinned??

Why aint you sleeping off during Football matches between Chelsea and Barca?? Ehn ehn!!! Is that so? So why not replicate same thing in church??

Spiritual Bondage causes Sermon Boredom which leads to Sleeping

You've said it all. Most are wallowing in self inflicted ignorance.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Ujulabelle: 3:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
Don't mind all the comments that are somehow abusive. If u don't want to be sleeping in church, go to church with writing materials to jot down all the preaching. Make sure u don't eat bs going to church in the morning. Tho some Rev usually make church service dull n members will be sleeping in church. Also talk to God about that bcs there is ntn prayer cannot do.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
Drenix:
Ma dear, its d devil hand work. d bible says "ye shall knw d truth n d truth shall set u free" not only u do slyp y d sermon is going on,so many pipo does so. Cus dat bastard(devil) knws dat, once u hear d truth 4rm d man of /God during sermon, u can conquer him,so he will strategies by blowing d wind of slyp 2 d congregation, so wen u feel d breeze,u slyp of. So ma dear, learn 2 discipline ur mind, soul and body B4 goin 2 church, and also pray on ur own against d spirit of evil slyp while in d church... God bless
Exaltly!!.. u've said it all..
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:
I sleep a lot in church most especially during the sermon, but as soon as I leave the church my eye clears.

in fact wen I get home and lie on my bed the sleep disappears. What culd be the problem.

yes my sis.. it's a spiritual problem.. it's the work of demons.. pray about it violently till u stop sleeping in church... others are just giving u worldly philosophies..prayer is the KeY..I tell you..

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by eliwa47(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2015
sleeping during church service can happen to anybody but it shouldn't be frequent, to avoid sleeping during sermon, first n most important is to pray against it, avoid eating to church, don't sit too much comfortably and the last, try chewing gum, thou not proper in the church.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2015
Hi op, I empathize with you on this problem of yours. I know how embarrassing that kind of situation is. Just trying to imagine how many times you might have been rocked by your seat neighbors or the church ushers. Any way its pertinent for you to tackle this problem and i'd like to help you out by giving you some tips ;
1)Pray consistently. Recall that It is written " For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but
against principalities, against powers, against the
rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual
wickedness in high places (Eph 6 vs12 )
2)Get enough sleep the night before. Don't spend too much time on irrelevancies the night before.
3)Try avoid eating to church. You could as well fast till you are back from church because the food you eat could actually contribute to your dozing off whilst service is in session.
Well i hope my tips will be helpful to you dear. keep moving forward.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by butanep(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
eleojo23:
Stop taking custard before going to church! grin

I'm serious. If you can avoid heavy food before going to church, it will help a great deal. When you eat, your body goes into digestion mode. During digestion, your body breaks down the nutrients in food. This causes a rise in blood sugar that triggers your pancreas to release insulin into the bloodstream. Insulin increases the amount of serotonin and melatonin that flood the brain, two chemicals associated with drowsiness.

Try to get enough sleep on Saturday night. If you do, you will not be able to sleep for some hours after you are fully rested. (You could still be bored, you just won't fall asleep.)

Also, get more interested in the sermon and try to take down notes. If you take notes, it is much easier to stay awake than if you just listen.

Or become a worker, that would make you active.
You have said it all. It are simply a guru in the field.

I was this sleeping type until I stop taking breakfast in the morning and stop reading late night on Saturdays. I make it compulsory to write in church even if the message is not really interesting.

I can sit in church now for 3hrs without blinking my eyes.

Some pastors can contribute to it shall. Boring message initiate sleep as well.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by ugoezeik(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
pyyxxaro:

hahaha hahaha wicked pikin of him papa. but guy u wicked ooooo even devil will be envy of u

1 Like

Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by odogift(f): 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
Move away frm where d fan or ac is. Avoid eating esp heavy meal befor going to church nd take notes while d sermon is on weda u re enjoying it or not.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by pyyxxaro: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
ugoezeik:
hahaha hahaha wicked pikin of him papa. but guy u wicked ooooo even devil will be envy of u

Bros am born again now cry
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Kavalier5(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
My bloda, you fit still try bitter cola and kolanut (on code o),either of them fit work.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by natty2014(m): 5:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:

Join the Ushering Departmen and become an Usher,that is the solution.
Re: How Can One Stop Sleeping In Church by Tundeiab(m): 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
asdfjklhaha:

Fast and pray that God should revive your spiritual life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supriem Rockefeller Messiah Or Antichrist? / 57th Annual Convention Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God (rccg) / God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.