Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546376 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2010
OjaP, success in your interview tomorrow. God be with you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2010
@Ojap: God will sure see you through, in Jesus Name, Amen
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2010
There is a way of travelling visa free to the United States. You don't pay anybody. Go to the embassy and find details, or check www.touristvisas.info
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2010
@OjaP, , wish u tha best in tomoro's interview,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2010
OjaP, I know you've got the ability, go to the Embassy stay focus and bring us that Visa. I had same experience and it turned out great. I want you to remain focus, do not be nervous, take it as a business and i'm pretty sure you will be successful. I advice you simple tell the guy you were not composed the last time but now your more prepared and composed.

All the best
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2010
@ House,i say a big Amen to your prayers.I am in Lasgidi now.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by electronic(m): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2010
@ojap best of luck, God dey!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 8:33pm On Aug 31, 2010
@ojap sorry this is coming late but pls pls pls pls pls pls n please dont go in that embassy with all this suggestions cramped in ur head, have an idea of wat to expect and be as real as you can what is urs is urs u cant force it out and when its time for you to get ur visa u wont even have a choice, i speak from experience   when i went for ma interview at the american embassy the guy b4 me was interviewed for a student visa trust me this guy was sooo rusty and confused infact inside me i was like jeeez why dis guy dey 4kuplike dis naaa, he failed to answer 40percent of the questions asked and still he was granted a visa, so u be cool ok and most impt let the will of God be done, ok, i wish u all da best ,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 31, 2010
OJaP: All the best tomorrow. Success IJN!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 5:59am On Sep 01, 2010
seniorak47:

@ Sanciro; take your NYSC certificate along it is a good tool if you know how to use it. Tell the consular you deliberately waited to observe the program to prepare for your return after the US masters. You can only work in Nija if you have the cert and you know you might have exceeded the age limit on your return hence you did it now instead of later.

U can include that to the documents, u will be taking to the embassy, don't talk about if u are nt ask any question regarding abt it all, cos the consular might want to tackle u about it , if u dont av a cogent reason for doing a B.eng or Bsc in yanks since u av HND, one mait be deny, jst try and guide against those loop holes.Please be brief in ur answer cos A long word brings another question. Remember that is the confide that u need and God, Wish u success as the other
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 10:32am On Sep 01, 2010
Hi House;
Am live in Manhattan New York, USA. Ready to storm the school in a couple of hours. Had a long trip coming here; lots of delay but thank God finally finally my brethren!! lol Ciao!

@ Ojap; best of luck; no mistake oh, na God go do am for you, so that when you start to dey celebrate, we self go follow you jubilate!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2010
@Superbrain,
Thanks a million for introducing the Skye bank stuff. It really worked for me. I was able to pay for my GRE scores online using their prepaid card.
Can I Pay for my SEVIS fees online?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ Sanciro; take your NYSC certificate along it is a good tool if you know how to use it. Tell the consular you deliberately waited to observe the program to prepare for your return after the US masters. You can only work in Nija if you have the cert and you know you might have exceeded the age limit on your return hence you did it now instead of later.

@khunleah,really appreciate dat but still need more info cos ma interview is less than 3wks 4rm now precisely sept 20
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Laughter1(m): 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2010
Good luck OJAP!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2010
best of luck to you ojap
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2010
Infact,i just dont know where to start from,All i can say is that THANK YOU GOD,My own case was critical as all hope was lost but my dad was the one who encouraged me to reapply after my first refusal,I will forever appreciate him,I also say a big thank you to all nairalanders for all your support most especially,Superbrain,all what you advised was exactly what i said and it was part of the questions the consular asked me,I will never forget you,SeniorAk47,you are just too much,Dasleek,Benom,Abgovernor,Godpikin,Dantecmu,bomly,omofavour,RufusUzoma,Chiazogom etc,i appreciate all your advices as well,To those who i cant remeber to hail for now,I owe you all alot.
My interview was just God and only God,you should all expect how my interview should look like since i was first denied,the consular drilled and even told me he knows alot about Geology and asked me more of geological questions,FALL 2010 has indeed ended on a good note,My visa was approved around 11'o clock and due for collection on Monday.I will post my experience shortly and will let you all know how it went,I should not have come online now but i am so sure the house will be highly expectant waiting for me to share my good news,I must confess your prayers really worked for me.Nairaland is for sure the best forum for USA STUDENT VISA APPLICANTS.I am just too happy.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
My interview was tough,long and i was drilled but all glory be to God, This is the full gist of all that

happened.This was how it went.
Next applicant,please come to cubicle 4,i have beeen praying not to go to cubicle 3 where the chinese woman was

sitting,I even forgot to greet the Consular,
Consular:Your documents please
Me:Here they are,(passed him my Passport,I-20,Sevis fees,confirmation of appointment,my Uba receipt,though it has

been stapled together at the checking point).
He was typing(computer)
Consular:I see you have been refused visa once in Abuja.
Mesadcuts in) Yes,that was last week tuesday.
Consular:How come you got another date barely a week after?
Me:Immediately i was refused,i paid the necessary fees,booked and appointment for 9th sept,i was just browsing

online over the weekend when i saw that 1st september was available,so i immediately cancelled the first

appointment and went for this date.
He nodded his head and was looking at the computer as if he saw how i cancelled my first appointment.
Consular:You are Lucky then,
Me:Just laughed(Inside me,i was just talking that na visa i need no be all these flattering.
At this time,he was looking at my I-20 closely.
Consular:I see you are attending California State University at Bakersfield,and going for a master in Geology/Earth

Sciences.
Me:Yes,sir.
Consular:Why did you chose to study at CSUB?
Me:Deep inside me,i remembered that once beaten,twice,i quickly recited my national anthem(What Superbrain advised

me to say about my research work and working with Professor Robert Horton and how the research work will give me an

edge when i return back home)(Showed him the print out of the Geology Faculty showing all Profs with their researc

interests)
I was about giving him 3 more points when he cuts in
Consular:Why didnt you apply to University of Texas,University of North Carolina
Me:I remembered SeniorAk47 here(Infact,i do not only consider those two schools you mentioned,i know they are top

ranked schools in the Us when it has to come to Geology but on checking their various depts catalogues,i discovered

they do not have my research interests.
Consular:I see,What other schools do you apply to?
Me:I applied to University of Maryland @ college park,University of Alaska @ fairbanks,Oklahoma panhandle state

university,Oklahoma.
Consular:Were you admitted?
Me:Maryland send me a letter stating,admissions can not be given to every talented students,that so i should apply

later(Showed him the letter)
Consular:What about Oklahoma.
Me:I was not admitted.
Consular:I see your family have a business,you are into oil exploration right?
Me:Yes and also Geological mapping,Borehole site investigation etc.
Consular:I know much about Geology,What is Oil shale
At this point,i was afriad
Me:I have forgotten but just said something(it is a sedimentary rock that serves as source rock in which oil is

found
Consular:What is Igneous Rock.
Me:Laughed, They are formed from Solidification of Solid Magma,example is granite.
Consular:What is coal?
Me:I don forget totally,i just remembered it is a sedimentary rock also),i said it and said it has two forms,Peat

and Lignite.
Consularsadlaughing)
I was afraid thinking i don Bleep up not knowing he was interested in our discussion,I thought that was the end.
Consular:How do you extract oil from rocks?
Me:Through seismic reflection method.
Cons:Explain.
MesadI don forget,so i quickly use scope and said the little i remembered)That is the work of a Geophysist but with

my knowledge of basic Geology,i know they send sound signal into a rock and the sound is being reflected back.
Consular:I see,Your company is into oil exploration?
Me:Yes
Consular:How many workers do you have?
Me:Thirty something
Consular:No,be specific
Me:38(though,workers no reach ten)
Consular:Where is your license of operation?
Me:I come think am say,yawa don gas ooo,i no come mind,(i showed him the C.A.C).
Consular;Looked at it,Okay,but for you to operate,you must be licensed.
Instantly,God just gave me another scope.
Me:Its a new company and it is not easy to just obtain a license just like that,It takes a long process,atimes

2years,it took us close to a year to obtain this certificate of incorporation,Infact,our director of field

operations was at Abuja last week but was told it is still not yet ready.
Consular:Ok,where do you collect the license.
I knew he wants to know if i am lying,though,i no know where they collect.
Me:NNPC.
Consular:Can i see your Gre scores?
At this stage,i knew i have conquered the most difficult part.
Me:Ok sir,started searching it and couldnt find it,i come they think say hope say no be witch dey do

am,immediately,i saw the computer print out and gave it to him and told him to please wait till i find the hard

copy and gave him.
Looked at them and returned it.
Consular:Where do you plan to work after your studies?
At this stage,i knew the visa was certain,i just laughed inside me and recited my normal Stanza 2 of my National

Anthem which Superbrain and SeniorAk47 taught me.
Me:I told him.
Infact,i could read it on his face that he was so pleased with that as he asked no further questions.
Consular:Who is sponsoring your education?
Me:My father.
Consular:Can i have a letter from him indicating this?
Me:Sure,handed it over,looked at it and returned it.
Consular:Can i also have his bank statement showing at least $27k as indicated on your I-20?
Me:Showed him the account.
Looked at it and returned it.He returned it and said he was checking my SEVIS,he told me i have paid and that he

can confirm it.
Consular:Handed me the green ticket and a sheet where lekki address is and said i should go collect my Visa on

Monday.
Me:Ok sir,thank you sir
Con:Do you have any questions?
Me:No sir(thinking that why i go ask questions when i don get wetin i dey find)
Con:Why were you even denied last week?
I was afraid and was thinking that which kind wahala be this again?
Me:I wasnt composed and couldnt clearly express my self then.
Cons:Why?
Me;My mum was very sick then and hospitalised and that affected me.
Cons:How is she now?
Me:She has fully recovered(putting on a smile)
Cons:Ok,please face your studies,do your parents proud and make sure you contact your intl student adviser.
Immediately,i ran out,tipped the security people and was almost crying when i got outside,everybody noticed this

and people were just looking at me but i didnt mind.
My people,Visa is all about God and prayer,With that,God will just direct the right person to you and if asked any

questions,God will just speak through you.All these geological questions,i wasnt expecting,the oil license i wasnt

expecting but God spoke through me.I am in a joyous mood now.So,How can i get cheap tickets to CALIFORNIA?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2010
OjaP:

My interview was tough,long and i was drilled but all glory be to God, This is the full gist of all that

happened.This was how it went.
Next applicant,please come to cubicle 4,i have beeen praying not to go to cubicle 3 where the chinese woman was

sitting,I even forgot to greet the Consular,
Consular:Your documents please
Me:Here they are,(passed him my Passport,I-20,Sevis fees,confirmation of appointment,my Uba receipt,though it has

been stapled together at the checking point).
He was typing(computer)
Consular:I see you have been refused visa once in Abuja.
Mesadcuts in) Yes,that was last week tuesday.
Consular:How come you got another date barely a week after?
Me:Immediately i was refused,i paid the necessary fees,booked and appointment for 9th sept,i was just browsing

online over the weekend when i saw that 1st september was available,so i immediately cancelled the first

appointment and went for this date.
He nodded his head and was looking at the computer as if he saw how i cancelled my first appointment.
Consular:You are Lucky then,
Me:Just laughed(Inside me,i was just talking that na visa i need no be all these flattering.
At this time,he was looking at my I-20 closely.
Consular:I see you are attending California State University at Bakersfield,and going for a master in Geology/Earth

Sciences.
Me:Yes,sir.
Consular:Why did you chose to study at CSUB?
Me:Deep inside me,i remembered that once beaten,twice,i quickly recited my national anthem(What Superbrain advised

me to say about my research work and working with Professor Robert Horton and how the research work will give me an

edge when i return back home)(Showed him the print out of the Geology Faculty showing all Profs with their researc

interests)
I was about giving him 3 more points when he cuts in
Consular:Why didnt you apply to University of Texas,University of North Carolina
Me:I remembered SeniorAk47 here(Infact,i do not only consider those two schools you mentioned,i know they are top

ranked schools in the Us when it has to come to Geology but on checking their various depts catalogues,i discovered

they do not have my research interests.
Consular:I see,What other schools do you apply to?
Me:I applied to University of Maryland @ college park,University of Alaska @ fairbanks,Oklahoma panhandle state

university,Oklahoma.
Consular:Were you admitted?
Me:Maryland send me a letter stating,admissions can not be given to every talented students,that so i should apply

later(Showed him the letter)
Consular:What about Oklahoma.
Me:I was not admitted.
Consular:I see your family have a business,you are into oil exploration right?
Me:Yes and also Geological mapping,Borehole site investigation etc.
Consular:I know much about Geology,What is Oil shale
At this point,i was afriad
Me:I have forgotten but just said something(it is a sedimentary rock that serves as source rock in which oil is

found
Consular:What is Igneous Rock.
Me:Laughed, They are formed from Solidification of Solid Magma,example is granite.
Consular:What is coal?
Me:I don forget totally,i just remembered it is a sedimentary rock also),i said it and said it has two forms,Peat

and Lignite.
Consularsadlaughing)
I was afraid thinking i don bleep up not knowing he was interested in our discussion,I thought that was the end.
Consular:How do you extract oil from rocks?
Me:Through seismic reflection method.
Cons:Explain.
MesadI don forget,so i quickly use scope and said the little i remembered)That is the work of a Geophysist but with

my knowledge of basic Geology,i know they send sound signal into a rock and the sound is being reflected back.
Consular:I see,Your company is into oil exploration?
Me:Yes
Consular:How many workers do you have?
Me:Thirty something
Consular:No,be specific
Me:38(though,workers no reach ten)
Consular:Where is your license of operation?
Me:I come think am say,yawa don gas ooo,i no come mind,(i showed him the C.A.C).
Consular;Looked at it,Okay,but for you to operate,you must be licensed.
Instantly,God just gave me another scope.
Me:Its a new company and it is not easy to just obtain a license just like that,It takes a long process,atimes

2years,it took us close to a year to obtain this certificate of incorporation,Infact,our director of field

operations was at Abuja last week but was told it is still not yet ready.
Consular:Ok,where do you collect the license.
I knew he wants to know if i am lying,though,i no know where they collect.
Me:NNPC.
Consular:Can i see your Gre scores?
At this stage,i knew i have conquered the most difficult part.
Me:Ok sir,started searching it and couldnt find it,i come they think say hope say no be witch dey do

am,immediately,i saw the computer print out and gave it to him and told him to please wait till i find the hard

copy and gave him.
Looked at them and returned it.
Consular:Where do you plan to work after your studies?
At this stage,i knew the visa was certain,i just laughed inside me and recited my normal Stanza 2 of my National

Anthem which Superbrain and SeniorAk47 taught me.
Me:I told him.
Infact,i could read it on his face that he was so pleased with that as he asked no further questions.
Consular:Who is sponsoring your education?
Me:My father.
Consular:Can i have a letter from him indicating this?
Me:Sure,handed it over,looked at it and returned it.
Consular:Can i also have his bank statement showing at least $27k as indicated on your I-20?
Me:Showed him the account.
Looked at it and returned it.He returned it and said he was checking my SEVIS,he told me i have paid and that he

can confirm it.
Consular:Handed me the green ticket and a sheet where lekki address is and said i should go collect my Visa on

Monday.
Me:Ok sir,thank you sir
Con:Do you have any questions?
Me:No sir(thinking that why i go ask questions when i don get wetin i dey find)
Con:Why were you even denied last week?
I was afraid and was thinking that which kind wahala be this again?
Me:I wasnt composed and couldnt clearly express my self then.
Cons:Why?
Me;My mum was very sick then and hospitalised and that affected me.
Cons:How is she now?
Me:She has fully recovered(putting on a smile)
Cons:Ok,please face your studies,do your parents proud and make sure you contact your intl student adviser.
Immediately,i ran out,tipped the security people and was almost crying when i got outside,everybody noticed this

and people were just looking at me but i didnt mind.
My people,Visa is all about God and prayer,With that,God will just direct the right person to you and if asked any

questions,God will just speak through you.All these geological questions,i wasnt expecting,the oil license i wasnt

expecting but God spoke through me.I am in a joyous mood now.So,How can i get cheap tickets to CALIFORNIA?

@ ojap.i am really happy 4u.cant wait to post my experience like this in the 3weeks tyme to join the club
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 7:18pm On Sep 01, 2010
@Saciro,u have no problem,the key to u getting the Visa is just God,Pra to him and u will get it.Also,read this thread thoroughly and i knw u will cme here smiling,thanx for identifying with me.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 7:19pm On Sep 01, 2010
OJA P I AM HAPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FOR YOU, MAN COME JOIN US IN YANKEEEEEEEE. it doen't matter how you got it, but you got it. CONGRATULATION BROTHER.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2010
Bomly,thanx so much,i felt ur prayers.Which state are u?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ojap since morning i don dey refresh nairaland for ur post men guy i wish u all da best trust me yanky sweet no be small come groove make u also study this life na once, like i said when ur time comes even you no get choice you must get ur visa if u like go there 4get ur name u must still collect ur visa dats the way God works ,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2010
What a success story there by OjaP!!!I,m really happy for you.It was God all the way.Congratulations to u. I pray i will have good news to share too in 3 weeks' time.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2010
OjaP, nor be Mistake, take it by faith come make History. I am so so happy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by electronic(m): 7:45pm On Sep 01, 2010
@Mr Ojap congratulations!!! U story is a Testimony. Infact this USA VISA thread is obiviously life changer. See wat ideas can do. Some dude named seun had an idea, now see guys flyin to yankee like water!!! So guys go and change ur Destinies and do Naija proud!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by electronic(m): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2010
Pls forgive my poor composition, Ojap see wat ur story has caused. LoL
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2010
@Oja P,
I have been waiting since morning to see u come back with a wonderful testimony.
I really thank God for you. I pray i have a beautiful story to tell in October.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2010
House,abeg pardon my typo,i was overjoyous.Benom,electronic,dantecmu,thanx,and for those goin for interview,i wish u gud luck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2010
Nice one ojap,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 8:23pm On Sep 01, 2010
Superbrain,please where are ?i am veri grateful.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ ojap, I HAVE BN WAITING EVER SINCE FOR THIS MOMENT OF YOURS,EVEN ,MY FELLOW WORKERS KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO THE EMBASSY TODAY BECAUSE I WAS ANXIOUS TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS.BRO I WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION A WHILE BACK.I AM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU BROV AND BEFORE I FORGET,THIS IS THE MOST EDUCATIVE AND BROTHERLY THREAD I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE,THUMBS UP TO FEMILANGY,GONGO ASO AND THE SUPER SUPERBRAIN,INDEED YOU R SUPER. OJAPS I STAY AT IKEJA ABEG COME GIVE ME MY BEER OH FOR SATURDAY,MY NUMBER BE 08022223142.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2010
@Femiap,thank you alot for your concern,pls come and join the train jare,anyway,i will be in lagos on Monday as i am back to my state now,i will definitely give u a kal, One love bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.