Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545737 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ Ojap

Congrats Man! I am really happy about you. Enjoy your stay in the US, and ensure you make your family a proud one. One love!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2010
so this chinese woman, which place she dey- lagos or abuja??
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2010
Nice one OjaP.
Happy for you.

Superbrain, your brain super true true
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:38pm On Sep 01, 2010
Chinese oman dey both Abuja and Lagos.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2010
@Gongoaso,Gongo ti so ooooooo.Thanks bro.Superbrain is the bomb, The guy is intelligent but i havent been able to pass him this info, Super brain,where are you?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gulag: 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2010
really the same chinese woman? she be winch grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2010
@Oja P,
Was it the originals of the CAC certificate of your father's company that u took to the embassy?
I am asking because my uncle is my sponsor and i only have photocopies of his business documents. He is not around now.
@house, what do you guys think?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2010
@ OjaP, I'm here oh!!!! Just got back from church and i had you in mind all day. I'm so glad you were able to get your visa. grin grin grin I knew God was going to do it for you. He will surely see you through your studies. Congrats once again. About the intelligence thingy, brother, na God dey give wisdom oh. wink

@ House, I like the joy in the atmosphere. Spring 2011 hopefuls, september is the month of "happenings"-admissions, I-20s and booking appointments. I'm also expectant too.

@ gongoaso, I'm humbled. But you know every na, you be my chairman oh grin (where is sefago? )
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2010
congrats ojap! I was watching out for your testimony today! Best of luck and welcome to the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omofavour: 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2010
OJAP! OJAP!!, GOD! GOD!! GOD!!!
My brother I am so so happy for you man.
We all said it, God never gives up on us and I am glad you didnt give up on yourself also.

Men I am so  so happy for you.
The God of Nairaland has done it again and to him be all the praise!
Welcome to the next level bro and hearty cheers!
But my brother, make you no forget God when you enter yankee o.
Anyone else for fall, God says he is not done yet o!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kspecial: 12:05am On Sep 02, 2010
@House

To God be all the glory.
I have been following this thread for over a year now even though I just breeze in and out. I sincerely appreciate everybody’s contribution and special thanks to those who respond to my questions.

After a lot of delays which had made me think that Fall 2010 would not be possible, I had my interview today at Lagos and here is how it went:

Got to the embassy around 6:50 am and went through the normal clearances. Afterwards I sat down waiting for the Biometrics while one fine chic was beside me and engaged me in a conversation. This actually helped me eliminate any form of nervousness as I was not even thinking about the interview.
There were 5 Consulars and after an assessment, I observed that Cons1-Fair, Cons2-Good, Cons3 (Chinese Woman)-Mean, Cons4(One big guy)-Very Very mean, Cons5(Good). Immediately I started praying for the good ones. As it got to my turn I noticed that the only free place was the Very Very mean Cons4, na so I run go Convenience/Toilet straight and spent like 10 mins hoping that he would have called somebody else. As it turned out, the guy did not call anybody, and as soon as I sat down, he called for next applicant. I just prayed within me that God should take all the glory.

Cons: Pass me your documents
Me: (passed my passport, I20 and Sevis receipt)
Cons: (looks at the I-20) you are going for Masters in Electr….
Mesadcompletes it for him) electrical engr at XYZ University
Cons: so tell me, how did you hear about this university
Me: During my undergraduate days at ABC university…
Cons: Is that school here in Nigeria
Me: Yes, (continued with my explanation), I had access to some of their papers and I was impressed with the quality of work
Conssadjots down what I said) You saw their papers and you liked it?
Me: Yes
Cons: Did you apply to any other school?
Me: Yes, I applied to a total of 3 schools
Cons: Tell me their names (Told him)
Cons: Ok, tell me about this school’s program
Me: Well, in my 1st year at the school, I will be doing …… (gave him some info the school had sent to me, and at some point I mixed up somethings and stammered a bit)
Cons: (cuts me) Ok, at least you have told me some things
Cons: When you finish, what are you gonna do
Me: come back to Nigeria to work in the oil and gas industry
Cons: where?
Me: (expantiated that probably in an indigenous company like oando or even NNPC)
Cons: okay, we’ve settled that
(At this point, I thought everything was over but na lie)
Cons: I see that you’ve paid your SEVIS fee (looks at the I-20 again)
Cons: Your school resumes Sept 21, so you still have ample time. Your fees is $36,645, how do you intend to pay
Me: I have a Tuition Scholarship from the school
Cons: (looks at the I-20 again) Can I see a letter from the school to show that
Me: (gave him the letter)
Cons: that covers about $20, 000, so how do you intend to pay for the rest
Me: my dad is paying the rest
Cons: Did he write me a letter
Me: (showed him the letter)
Cons: Ok, he has promised to pay, Can I see his bank statement
Me: (showed him the statement)
Cons: that’s quite a lot of money
Cons: take this form and go collect your visa on Monday… (started a long story about me entering the US only 30 days before the commencement of the program, not putting my I-20 in my luggage because of Port of entry, blah blah blah!)
At this point, I was just thanking God.
Cons: I will collect your I-20 and passport. Do you have any questions for me?
Me: (for where? The only question I for ask him was why was he denying people anyhow because almost 6 people that he attended to before me were all denied including one 70yr old woman) I just shook my head and walked out before he changed his mind and I silently prayed for OjaP that he would not meet this guy. Other applicants were giving me thumbs up, but no be me o, It was totally God.
The guy no type anything at all in to the computer, he just took his time to face me and conduct a proper interview

@Gongo aso,
thanks for your efforts when I needed to courier my I-20 and thanks for your sincere concern (as promised).

@OjaP,
I am very happy for you too. Being denied is not a funny experience as I saw people getting depressed after denials. I will send you a mail if we can hook up at VFS office on monday

@Nethacker,
I hope you can now hook me up with people in my prospective city. should be sending you a mail soon.

@Other prospective applicants,
Never give up, I had many challenges/obstacles but as has been said on this thread, don't let the words "give up" be in your dictionary. I wish you all the best…
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kspecial: 12:26am On Sep 02, 2010
@OjaP
I just went through your post now, na the same tough guy interview both of us though i finished my own interview around 10 am. Thank God you were able to answer those geology questions very well. It is a matter of favour and not labour.

@Dantecmu
Na so o! once it is your time, it is your time
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 12:29am On Sep 02, 2010
kspecial:

@House

To God be all the glory.
I have been following this thread for over a year now even though I just breeze in and out. I sincerely appreciate everybody’s contribution and special thanks to those who respond to my questions.

After a lot of delays which had made me think that Fall 2010 would not be possible, I had my interview today at Lagos and here is how it went:

Got to the embassy around 6:50 am and went through the normal clearances. Afterwards I sat down waiting for the Biometrics while one fine chic was beside me and engaged me in a conversation. This actually helped me eliminate any form of nervousness as I was not even thinking about the interview.
There were 5 Consulars and after an assessment, I observed that Cons1-Fair, Cons2-Good, Cons3 (Chinese Woman)-Mean, Cons4(One big guy)-Very Very mean, Cons5(Good). Immediately I started praying for the good ones. As it got to my turn I noticed that the only free place was the Very Very mean Cons4, na so I run go Convenience/Toilet straight and spent like 10 mins hoping that he would have called somebody else. As it turned out, the guy did not call anybody, and as soon as I sat down, he called for next applicant. I just prayed within me that God should take all the glory.

Me: Yes, (continued with my explanation), I had access to some of their papers and I was impressed with the quality of work
Me: Well, in my 1st year at the school, I will be doing …… (gave him some info the school had sent to me, and at some point I mixed up somethings and stammered a bit)
Me: (expantiated that probably in an indigenous company like oando or even NNPC)
Cons: Your school resumes Sept 21, so you still have ample time. Your fees is $36,645, how do you intend to pay
Cons: take this form and go collect your visa on Monday… (started a long story about me entering the US only 30 days before the commencement of the program, not putting my I-20 in my luggage because of Port of entry, blah blah blah!)
Me: (for where? The only question I for ask him was why was he denying people anyhow because almost 6 people that he attended to before me were all denied including one 70yr old woman) I just shook my head and walked out before he changed his mind and I silently prayed for OjaP that he would not meet this guy. Other applicants were giving me thumbs up, but no be me o, It was totally God.
The guy no type anything at all in to the computer, he just took his time to face me and conduct a proper interview

@Gongo aso,
thanks for your efforts when I needed to courier my I-20 and thanks for your sincere concern (as promised).

@OjaP,
I am very happy for you too. Being denied is not a funny experience as I saw people getting depressed after denials. I will send you a mail if we can hook up at VFS office on monday

@Nethacker,
I hope you can now hook me up with people in my prospective city. should be sending you a mail soon.

Never give up, I had many challenges/obstacles but as has been said on this thread, don't let the words "give up" be in your dictionary. I wish you all the best…

Congrats bro,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kspecial: 12:46am On Sep 02, 2010
@Superbrain
Thanks. I wish you God's favour as you process Spring 2011. You've already gotten the visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 3:05am On Sep 02, 2010
@kspecial i know dat feeling me was denied 3times b4 i finally got mine so i know when i say weather u like am or not when God say ur time don reach even consular self no get choice, men ma brother like i tell everybody yanky get space for everybody come enjoy urself come hussle come see comfort come and determine ur own destiny in the land the lord has made i understand the feeling when i got ma US visa after i thank God finish i take like 3bottles of cold star e no easy ma broder i wish all of una the best oooo,

ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 5:29am On Sep 02, 2010
@house
I know say na enjoyment time oh! But abeg answer my question. My sponsor who happens to be my uncle is a business man. Do i need his business documents at the embassy, bearing in mind that i do not want to come back to work for him? I have the photocopies and can not reach him for tha originals now. Planning for mid october interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 5:45am On Sep 02, 2010
@kspecial

wink . . .LOL
so na you  tongue

Nice one man.
Keep representing
cool cool cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mohaka(m): 5:48am On Sep 02, 2010
wow its bn a while since i last posted here bt i am rily amazed by what has unfolded over tha past few weeks.Congratulations to all those who have secured that precious stamp of a visa and good luck to the spring 2011 hopefuls including me.I was denied a mnth ago and seeing all this testimonies really gives me tremendous courage to go back and conquer.Am glad i secured admission and i will receive my I-20 in the coming days.
@house what should i tell the consular when asked the reason behing my denial last time around since my case is alittle different given that am reapplying with a different school
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by handrule: 6:25am On Sep 02, 2010
hey, dis handrule, just join the Nairaland.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 9:15am On Sep 02, 2010
@ Ojap: Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are grateful to God for his mercy and favour. Lets Give God praise.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolguy3: 10:27am On Sep 02, 2010
hi guys,
i popped a question some weeks back and since then ive not gotten a response from anyone.please id like to know what are the chances of a 3rd class holder?are there schools in the states that accept 3rd class?or which exam would u advice i take that will aid me study in the states?thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 11:03am On Sep 02, 2010
@ coolguy3, there is a place for everyone. What was your final GPA? You should look out for schools whose minimum GPA requirement is 2.0 on the 4 point scale. Google it up and see what that'll give you. All the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 11:38am On Sep 02, 2010
@ Ojap; na God oh! No be mistake when its your time, its your time. No matter what. The secret is prayer, preparation, planning and prayer and prayers. Thank God for your testimony. Your case and those of other people that have gone through the same path goes to confirm that Nairaland and this thread in particular has redefined the myths of Us student visa. Never before have I seen the rate at which refused visa were re-issued within a week and sometimes just some days apart. Let the prospective spring applicants learn from the thread; it does help. I am settling in in NYC. Gone through orientation already. Met with Djunit1 in person already and other Nija's here in my school. Its very comforting to know we are never going to give up irrespective of the challenges. Lets take it to next level; lets do our bits by studying well and giving GOD and Nija the glory. We are a people with great determination for success. Ciao!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by obeycity: 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2010
Congratulations Ojap!!!! Na God dey give visa ooo no be consular, Welcome Aboard.
Who's Next??

kspecial:

@House

To God be all the glory.

@Gongo aso,

@OjaP,

@Nethacker,

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by obeycity: 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2010
Every denial has been a blessing so far. so don't cry to give up,cry to keep going!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2010
@Kspecial,i will email u
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by waleprizu: 8:56pm On Sep 02, 2010
Congrats to Ojap and those that got their Visa recently. Am happy that the success rate on NL is almost perfect. You guys are welcome to the land of opportunities, Amelica(like my Ibo brothers will call it). The guy in cubicle 4 also interviewed me, he said his first degree was in Physics and that was the reason for the technicality and drilling.
To the spring guys, Super Brain and co, go get your Visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by waleprizu: 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2010
Before it was the chinese woman in abuja(though we now have another one in lagos) and now it is the cubicle 4 guy in Lagos. On this thread, we will nail all the consulars and the success rate will continue to go up, God bless Nigeria, God Bless NAIRALAND, God Bless America.
@House, Is there any nairalander in North Carolina, pls reply.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 02, 2010
Iam indeed happy to be part of the success stories of OjaP ,Kspecial and all the other people that got their visas.We thank God for this and many more to come. Please don't forget some of us that will be having our interviews in a few weeks.I pray we will come out victorious in Jesus name.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 10:25pm On Sep 02, 2010
@House

To God be all the glory.

@Gongo aso,

@OjaP,

@Nethacker,

@ kspecial
Congrats about your visa. So, happy for you. But guy, you no complete your story oooo. How about that girl you were talking with before the interview? You think say I go forget? grin grin grin

And as per the consular being mean or not. Reading through your interview, I do not see any traces of him being here. I am not saying you lied. But I simply want to assume that some applicants frustrate the consulars too by not answering some questions very well. The consulars over react to that in a mean way. It pleases me to assume that way, than going to the embassy with fear of any consular (mean or mild). If a mean consular = visa denial; why did the mean guys grant you and Ojap the visa eventually? I even read that the dreaded Chinese woman at Abuja granted someone visa in abuja few weeks ago. So, those of us preparing fro spring, lets not entertain any fear. Mean or mild, what will be, will be.

Once again, I congratulate all those who have got their visas for Fall 2010! May you all enjoy your stay in the US, and may you all come back home with lots of blessings when ever you choose too. Amen
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 11:30pm On Sep 02, 2010
Post Removed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kspecial: 12:25am On Sep 03, 2010
@4ril, wink wink
I think say everyone go forget the girl o,
The girl was the next applicant after me and was called by another consular immediately my interview started. But as my Consular no allow me end on time (no thanks to his questions), the girl don waka commot by the time i finished.

nevertheless i had obtained her number and was glad to hear that she finally got hers too, though she is going for B-1 tourism (less than 6months i guess).

about the consular, perhaps he had been frustrated even before i entered the room. I only based my judgment on his conduct, tone of voice, strong face, the quick denials he handed out in my presence and the length of time it took me to complete my interview. I could not properly hear some of his interviewees' responses to determine if they were giving the right answers (except an old woman who spoke quite well but was still denied). Sure, being mean is not equal to denial, it just might mean a little more stress for the applicant

But, mean or mild, what will be will be

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.