Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,828 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:06 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (551993 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 12:55am On Sep 03, 2010
aroy1:

OjaP

When you posted that you scheduled an appointment for September 9, and your school resumes Sep 8, I had a terrible feeling to that.You just got denied and more likely you would be again if I did nothing.Computing is my field and I know the algorithmic design of VFS, that's why you are able to get Sept 1.It is so sad that you didn't acknowledge "think2ce" at all after you have gotten your visa.[b]As a matter of fact, you ain't the first to do that.I really hate ingrate[/b]s, and this is why am usually silent here.
@aroy1
i'm sure there was a better way you could have stated that. . .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 3:22am On Sep 03, 2010
@aroy1,U should know that i was in a joyous mood and that may have escaped my mind.Al my thanks goes to al nairalanders including think2ce though i should have greeted him specially with all the vital infos he gave me.Even thou i didnt quote his name,but my spirit will forever be grateful to him.@aroy1,thanx for noticing that,i am not an ingrate and will neva be.think2ce,i appreciate u so much.All nairalander thanks,aroy1,thanx for the observations.

1 Like

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by think2ce: 4:36am On Sep 03, 2010
OjaP

Settled.Bon voyage and goodluck in the United States.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by think2ce: 4:57am On Sep 03, 2010
More to OjaP

All the info about you that you later shared after your denial were what I wanted before you went to Abuja. That's why I wrote you then with the phrase " the more info you share, the better." I just had an inkling that some things weren't right then.And honestly, California is not famous for oil-related disciplines.

I'm happy you did get it, albeit after denial. Goodluck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:41am On Sep 03, 2010
Thanks alot think2ce,i really appreciate you and thanks also for understanding,Infact na just God and people like helped thi 2nd time.Anyway,California is noted for oil also but the problem i had with my first interview was thatCSUB is not a topranking school cos the school taught its first class in 1970,I hope you understand?So,i had to link it up with research interest as advised by superbrain,superak47 and the other house menbers to convince the consular and it worked cos i already had the print outs of the faculty page with each Profs research interest,
@House,we re not saying one cant get his/her vis with that guy in cubicle interviewing,but what we are saying is that you have to explain everything he asks you into details to convince him,we were talking for almost 7mins just asking questions and demanding ananswer,Anyway,i thank God.@4ril,we are not creating fear into any applicants mind,we are just tryingto contribute our own quota to the development of this thread so that anybody goingto Lagos will know that thatguy in cubicle 4 ask questions alotand loves explanation too much.Tha is just it,And do you say the guy giving me and kspecial visa and denying almost 15 other applcants means he is good?Anyway,God don do am.Prayer is just the key.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2010
Ojap, congrats to you. I looked out for your post all day to be sure you were granted yr visa.

@ Think2ce,nathacker,gongo aso and other profs,
Please be available for all spring hopefuls.

@superbrain,
Please lets work together. Spring is not a long time from now.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2010
@masepat,thanks so much,U will get ur own visa too IJN.What is the name of your school?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by masepat: 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2010
@ Ojap,
Penn State University. I am currently awaiting my I-20.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2010
I have a friend who wants to apply for Msc biochem in the school.What is the minimum GPA and GRE Scores required for admission?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2010
@ masepat, that is a top school. Congrats on your admission. I'm also awaiting my I-20. What is your email address?

@ OjaP, so when are you jetting out?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 6:08pm On Sep 03, 2010
Superbrain,i am jetting out hopefuli next week,will book a flight immediately i collect my VISA.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2010
OjaP:

Superbrain,i am jetting out hopefuli next week,will book a flight immediately i collect my VISA.

It just had to be, Congrats to OjaP not forgetting K special,

Remeber people God's there for all, Just reach out to him
Peace out
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 7:04pm On Sep 03, 2010
@superbrain,
hope u don dey fire for the spring session oh! Got my I-20 for spring. I am still awaiting my admission from another university before i book for interview because i dont want to apply with just one admission.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2010
Congrats OJaP, na God do am.

At last Fall'10 trend ended top. Thank God. We suppose do thanksgivings o. All the best to all those planning for Spring"11, May God favour you all too.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2010
@ OjaP, ok. Do the needful. I wish you a safe trip in advance.

@ benom, brotherly, I dey fire oh. But na Baba God hand e dey. Expecting my I-20 soon. I'm spending time browsing every relevant web page of the school's website so I can understand more about the school and programme. Applying to US schools for grad studies is an uphill task and I believe the God that saw me through the admission process will definitely be there for me anytime I need him. If the consular like, make e be chinco or Eskimo, na im sabi. That green ticket, I must collect am wen time reach.

@ God pikin, thanks for the prayer.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2010
Yes oh! Na Baba God get power pass oh! The grace of God will see us all thru. Our efforts will not be in vain.
@Superbrain, have u finally gotten over the issue of how to convince the VO u are commin back? Lets share!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2010
LOL. I just hope I am not asked.Though I have a few points to use in defence- the PI bill and how my presence and contribution will be critical to national development, completion of NYSC, and a letter from a government agency (one whose mission is related to my area of research) stating the relevance of what I will be studying to national development. I'm also hoping to secure a scholarship that will compel me to return after my studies.(yeah, I want to return after my studies). Any other suggestion will be welcomed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2010
superbrain, thanks a lot
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 5:37am On Sep 04, 2010
@superbrain,
I sent u a mail today. Pls reply. Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 5:50am On Sep 04, 2010
benom:

@superbrain,
I sent u a mail today. Pls reply. Thanks.

Have you seen my reply?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 6:49am On Sep 04, 2010
yes my man, i've seen the reply. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Wilfem(m): 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2010
I knew a thread like this exists on Nairaland & I think I've made some posts in the earlier pages. I'm quite glad and happy for those that have secured their visa. I'm also hoping and praying that my turn will be the next. Although I'm still awaiting the admission, which could be any moment from now. In the meantime, I'll be an ardent reader of this thread in order for me to learn from the given/stated experience of others. Good work. Keep it up.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by damola1: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2010
Even though I see clearly this is for Students, I have searched and hope I can get direction to business visa section.

My people make una help me oh.

I am a business owner, who have imported from the USA in the last 2years, but yet to visit.

I have done over about $260 worth of business, and do at least $30k with USA every quarter with invoices, AWB and transfer slips to prove. But I will like to visit america and expand my ties with new suppliers and also expand business potential with older ones.

On the side I have 6 stores here, and so have an account that's turns over at least N10M monthly in the last 3-6 months.

I will appreciate all kind answers.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by humblemoi: 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2010
damola1
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries
« #3192 on: Yesterday at 11:03:52 PM »
My people make una help me oh.

I am a business owner, who have imported from the UK in the last 2years, but yet to visit.

I have done over £500k worth of business, and do at least £20-25k with UK every month with invoices, AWB and transfer slips to prove. My partners in the UK have requested I pay them a visit. Please advise best way to go about getting a UK visa. They are willing to provide all documents that I require to support my visit. It's a VAT registered coy. In fact they have gone ahead to send me the attached file to fill, but I just went to the passport office last week to get the passport.

On the side I have 6 stores here, and so have an account that's turns over at least N10M monthly in the last 3-6 months.

I will appreciate all kind answers.

Scammer oshi
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Phony200(m): 11:41pm On Sep 05, 2010
humblemoi:

Scammer oshi

Damola1 is not a newbie like you. Would it kill you to check out his over 1000 posts?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by damola1: 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2010
Phony200:

Damola1 is not a newbie like you. Would it kill you to check out his over 1000 posts?

Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2010
@House,i tracked my passport and it said VFS hasnt received it from the embassy.Whatdo house think is happening.After d normal 2days.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2010
@spring hopeful,where are u all,this thread is becoming dull.Abeg,ginger the swagger.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2010
@ oja p,
we dey oh! I just det wait jeje for my other admission letter before i book for interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2010
@ HOUSE, apart from myself,superbrain and benom,pls who else wants to join the train to yankee come spring oh,we need to start rubbing minds oh,this has bn the norms on this thread oh.abeg make una come out make una no use sand spoil my garri grin grin grin grin grin.

@SUPERBRAIN, pls let me have your mssngr need to chat u privately.

@OJAP, still waiting for my booze
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2010
femiap:

@ HOUSE, apart from myself,superbrain and benom,pls who else wants to join the train to yankee come spring oh,we need to start rubbing minds oh,this has bn the norms on this thread oh.abeg make una come out make una no use sand spoil my garri grin grin grin grin grin.

@SUPERBRAIN, pls let me have your mssngr need to chat u privately.

@OJAP, still waiting for my booze

I'm having issues with the application on my phone. Drop your email so i can email you instead. Been busy with a lot. Most people are waiting for admission letters and I-20s.

@ House, so who's set to book an appointment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (317)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.