Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546392 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 3:12am On Sep 09, 2010
@aroy and 4ril, thanks 4 ur contribution. I'll get a scratch but only present it if they ask.
@ojap and seniorak47, enjoy yourselves, i'm already on my way to join u guys.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 7:58am On Sep 09, 2010
OjaP:

House,i am preparing,what will i prsent at the Point of Entry?

Present yourself . . . cheesy
wink

No worries on laminated certs.
No be today we don dey laminate for naija, dem sef know cheesy

Been said over and over time again, absolutely no worries if your sponsors name is different from yours.
You will never be asked to prove your relationship to your sponsor.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 8:36am On Sep 09, 2010
@gongo aso, the veteran,hope you enjoying life.I applied for an F-Ivisa for B.Sc way back 2001 but it was a 2 year college,hope thats not a red flag,pls i need your opinion.thanks(going for MBA in tesax a&m for spring 11)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mohaka(m): 9:28am On Sep 09, 2010
4 ril & aroy thnx 4 tha advice.Also i remember the consular telling me that if i would have applied to a 4 yr university he would rily b of help wich i think means issued the visa.As a matter of fact the guy kept on telling me that i had a very good case since i was young,had good academic backgroung,financially stable parents and ol that and concluded the interview by advicing me to go for a 4yr university and reapply and then i would have a 90% chance of securing the visa.I wasnt listenin to ol that coz i was pissed since i was the only student denied but hopefully i'll go bak n get that visa nxt tym
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2010
4ril:

@kwizzy212Welcome on board!
[/q

am also here for spring 2011, applyin for gradute study in MBA. still waiting for my i 20 and admission letter. let keep it rolling.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 9:54am On Sep 09, 2010
am also here for spring 2011, applyin for gradute study in MBA. still waiting for my i 20 and admission letter. let keep it rolling.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2010
@ gongo aso, thanks for your ever welcomed contribution. Hope u are enjoying yourself. No too chop fast food oh ,make u no go blow, lol.
Please all the veterans in the house keep watch for us, the spring men! We need u all now.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2010
hello house,

Its been a long time i came here due to getting myself settled in class and school.(University of Maryland, Baltimore County - UMBC)

Congratulations to all those who were successful with their fall 2010 semester application and for those that wasn't the case, you don't have to give up but just stay steadfast and don't lose hope.

To all spring 2011 candidates, welcome aboard first to the forum and hopefully by the end of it all , you all will have cause to celebrate, superbrain(my good friend) and co, my prayers go to you all and see you all come january.

Feel free to post any related questions and we all are here to help you have a smooth transition and stress free application so long as you do ur own part,

WELCOME CLASS OF SPRING 2011!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2010
@vandops, good to know u are fine.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2010
benom:

@vandops, good to know u are fine.

Thanx man
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2010
@Mohaka
4 ril & aroy thnx 4 tha advice.Also i remember the consular telling me that if i would have applied to a 4 yr university he would rily b of help wich i think means issued the visa.As a matter of fact the guy kept on telling me that i had a very good case since i was young,had good academic backgroung,financially stable parents and ol that and concluded the interview by advicing me to go for a 4yr university and reapply and then i would have a 90% chance of securing the visa.I wasnt listenin to ol that coz i was pissed since i was the only student denied but hopefully i'll go bak n get that visa nxt tym
smiley smiley smiley

Initially, you didn't tell us what the consular said before/after he denied you. But I only guessed he could have advised you that way especially if you have a good case. Often times if you are young, having good academic record, backed up by financially stable sponsor, they see that as a good case. But if they deny you because you choose the wrong institution (college instead of university), a nice consular will always advice you to apply to a university and re-apply for your visa again. I observed that from the posts of those who were once denied because of similar reasons. That was why I advised you to respond like this "I was denied because I applied to a 2 year college. The consular who interviewed me then advised that; if I am really serious about studying in the US, I should go back and apply to a University and that is when he could be of help.

Though, I gave two responses in my last post to you. If I were you, I will stick to the truth I typed in bold. The truth is easy to remember. Lies involves a lot of hardwork. It gets your brain unnecessarily worked up. It also puts lots of pressure on your memory.

@keneyinks
We welcome you here. How runs naa?
@vandops
Thanks for visiting us again. I pray and hope to join you in MD at spring -but I plan to attend a different school from yours  smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2010
Thanks 4ril, You are the captain of the house for spring 2011 session. am applying to illinois state university and Gov state uni, just filled my application. May God help us all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2010
femiap:

@gongo aso, the veteran,hope you enjoying life.I applied for an F-Ivisa for B.Sc way back 2001 but it was a 2 year college,hope thats not a red flag,pls i need your opinion.thanks(going for MBA in tesax a&m for spring 11)
No, it is not a red flag.
That was then, This is now.
Tell why you were denied back then if you are asked, else lipsrsealed

Tanks Benom, you guys will do just fine.
smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by stancozy(m): 6:00pm On Sep 09, 2010
[size=20 When is this years DV LOttery Starting ?? someone pls tellpt][/size]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2010
@ stancozy
Although, this thread is strictly for intending student Visa (F-1) applicants. However, I have taken my time to search for you. Similar question should go to the general travel section. We do not need any form of distraction. Please try to understand. Well, find an answer to your question below. You may also click on the link below for details.

DV Lottery 2012 Online Registration

The online registration for DV-2012 DV Lottery begins noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT -4), Tuesday, October 5, 2010, and ends noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT -5), Wednesday, November 3, 2010.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html

Hope that helps
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mohaka(m): 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2010
@ 4ril
indeed u rily r the captain of the spring session.tx a million pal & u right its rily hard 2 properly present something that u cooked up.I will follow ur advice and when asked i'll just say the truth and i'll leave tha rest to the almighty
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kwizzy212: 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2010
Brodas, Plz I need help, I am writing TOEFL on the 25th this month plzzzz anyone with some ebook should plz help me out.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 9:29pm On Sep 09, 2010
@ Aroy; thanks for the info. However, do you or know one or two schools that can be explored for easier researching. leveraging is the word! One love
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2010
Brodas,  Plz I need help, I am writing TOEFL on the 25th this month plzzzz anyone with some ebook should plz help me out.
@kwizzy212
You may try any of these two links. One is a website, that mates you take some practice tests online. The other is a PDF which gives you more guides and info about the TEOFL test. Those two are for free! You can still get more study materials on the ETS website, but you would be required to pay for it.

TOEFL practice test website:  http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/prepare/sample_questions

TOEFL IBT Tips: http://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/pdf/TOEFL_Tips.pdf

You need your PC or any other computer to which you have lots of access to enjoy this information. You might not enjoy it in a cyber-cafe. Because you need to save them on your PC.

If those are not enough, you may also check here: http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/prepare/

But you you could be required to pay for some books on this third link. If you are really good in English language, I expect you to do well with the first 2 links above. They are free!

@mohaka  
indeed u rily r the captain of the spring session.tx a million pal & u right its rily hard 2 properly present something that u cooked up.I will follow your advice and when asked i'll just say the truth and i'll leave tha rest to the almighty

The Almighty God is the Captain here. It only gives me joy to see me helping out in my own little way. And Please, stick to the truth since it's easier, and it does no harm.

@keneyinks
Thanks 4ril, You are the captain of the house for spring 2011 session. am applying to illinois state university and Gov state uni, just filled my application. May God help us all.

Just as I told mohaka, God is the Captain here. But if you must acknowledge a man, let it go to the guy who started to thread from page one, and to others who have been keeping it alive till date. I can't mention all their names, but I drop my cap for them  smiley. RESPECT!

And as per your application to Illinois University, I wish you success on that. May you smile eventually. Enjoy!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:00pm On Sep 09, 2010
kwizzy212:

Brodas, Plz I need help, I am writing TOEFL on the 25th this month plzzzz anyone with some ebook should plz help me out.

If you're in Lagos, i can give you the Barron's TOEFL iBT software. It's over 400MB so you might need to get a flash drive that can accommodate that. Drop your email.

seniorak47:

@ Aroy; thanks for the info. However, do you or know one or two schools that can be explored for easier researching. leveraging is the word! One love

Check www.msinus.com. You will get more than enough information.

vandops:

hello house,

Its been a long time i came here due to getting myself settled in class and school.(University of Maryland, Baltimore County - UMBC)

Congratulations to all those who were successful with their fall 2010 semester application and for those that wasn't the case, you don't have to give up but just stay steadfast and don't lose hope.

To all spring 2011 candidates, welcome aboard first to the forum and hopefully by the end of it all , you all will have cause to celebrate, superbrain(my good friend) and co, my prayers go to you all and see you all come january.

Feel free to post any related questions and we all are here to help you have a smooth transition and stress free application so long as you do your own part,

WELCOME CLASS OF SPRING 2011!!

Brother, thank you so much. Preparation in earnest. Preparing my little skull for the days ahead. grin

4ril:

@ stancozy
Although, this thread is strictly for intending student Visa (F-1) applicants. However, I have taken my time to search for you. Similar question should go to the general travel section. We do not need any form of distraction. Please try to understand. Well, find an answer to your question below. You may also click on the link below for details.

The online registration for DV-2012 DV Lottery begins noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT -4), Tuesday, October 5, 2010, and ends noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT -5), Wednesday, November 3, 2010.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html

Hope that helps

Good job bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DisGuy: 11:07pm On Sep 09, 2010
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 12:19am On Sep 10, 2010
Superbrain:

Brother, thank you so much. Preparation in earnest. Preparing my little skull for the days ahead. grin

Good job bro.

Well i believe you are fully prepared. Just be prayerful and be confident of yourself on the day, when is ur interview?

4ril:

@vandops
Thanks for visiting us again. I pray and hope to join you in MD at spring -but I plan to attend a different school from yours  smiley

Amen o, so what school would you be attending?, UMCP, UMUC, Howard , ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 2:03am On Sep 10, 2010
hanks for visiting us again. I pray and hope to join you in MD at spring -but I plan to attend a different school from yours smiley

@ vandops
Amen o, so what school would you be attending?, UMCP, UMUC, Howard , ?

Its Bowie State University, also in MD. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 2:36am On Sep 10, 2010
4ril:

@ vandops
Its Bowie State University, also in MD. Thanks

cool, we'll be neighbours, i reside at laurel, about 15mins drive to bowie, its all good anyways, looking forward to hear your good news
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 8:59am On Sep 10, 2010
@4ril, thanks for all the posts, Its really nice to have someone willing to share, Ayone heading to sprinfield or michigan
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiap: 10:15am On Sep 10, 2010
anyone in the house for spring 2011 heading for texas.

@4ri l& superbrain, gimme your yahoo AIM

@ house, My documents were received by my school,GMAT was waived coz of my 3.2gpa on d scale of 4
but i already did GMAT coz of the consular.so house am waiting for my admission letter and I-20.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by trimandtrendy(f): 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2010
pleaze whats the average time for an appointment at the Lagos Consular office? i want to pay for my application on monday. tried getting the estimated time from the website but they said it wasnt available at the moment.

thx
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by stancozy(m): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2010
4ril:

@ stancozy

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html thanks brother, ur a gem ! wink wink smiley

Hope that helps
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2010
@femiap

glytunde@yahoo.com. But please always let me know when you would be available to chat. I hardly use messenger, but I could sign cos of you.

@ house, My documents were received by my school,GMAT was waived coz of my 3.2gpa on d scale of 4
but i already did GMAT coz of the consular.so house am waiting for my admission letter and I-20.

exactly what I did.

@vandops
cool, we'll be neighbours, i reside at laurel, about 15mins drive to bowie, its all good anyways, looking forward to hear your good news
Nice to hear that. Ihear about laurel too. I dropped my yahoo IM with femiap. Please add me. Hopefully, I will get the visa. I shall need your input when planning for my housing. Although my fiancee is in Silver Spring, but it's very unlikely I move in with her because she lives with the parents. It's just honorable I get a place of my own. So I will need your input when seeking an apt. So, please add me.

@benom
@4ril, thanks for all the posts, Its really nice to have someone willing to share, Ayone heading to sprinfield or michigan
You are always welcome. I wish I could have an answer to the second question. I hope you get an answer to that soon
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Laughter1(m): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2010
femiap:

anyone in the house for spring 2011 heading for texas.

oh cool, where in texas? Texas A&M?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2010
We are still very much around even though no input from us. We still dey gather experience lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2010
Hello gud guys in the house; I really need u guys to put me thru on wat I should b xpecting frm the consular and wat I need to know and other docs that I could take along dat will b helpful to me aside from the real docs cos no tyme to check tyme.got 9days to go.ma interview is sept20 and also going 4spring,I need immediate response from the house plsss

Sanciro

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.