Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,865 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (545723 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2011
@seed Thanks man and the whole house generally. I went to seme to pay my sevis fee yesterday. It was successful . Thanks the whole House.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2011
kaycome:

@seed Thanks man and the whole house generally. I went to seme to pay my sevis fee yesterday. It was successful . Thanks the whole House.

Can you please give me the break down of all the expenses to pay the SEVIS? Like the bank charges, the SEVIS, the immigration fee, the transport fee from mile 2 etc. All in naira.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 8:28am On Mar 30, 2011
nues1850:

pls can somebody help me out i have a gp of 2.3 out of possible 5 and i want to go for my master in us what ar the chances of getting a university in us that will accept my gp for a master degree
nues1850:

pls can somebody help me out i have a gp of 2.3 out of possible 5 and i want to go for my master in us what ar the chances of getting a university in us that will accept my gp for a master degree

it could be a bit difficult, but there is no harm in trying because what most schools do for grad students is to get your equivalent in 4 grade point which for you falls to 1.84 and a grad students need above 2.5 to stand better chance; but there is no harm in trying int'l students are currently a good avenue to generating incomes to schools in the US. you may as well try an evaluation, it could possibly bring up your GP.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 8:37am On Mar 30, 2011
yapyap:

i went to the embassy for for a few months program, and for the second time was denied the us student visa, i felt so bad because i thought i was going to get the visa.
i was told i was not a credible student at the embassy that is to say i won't return, the funny thing is that for real i am coming back.
the guy at the abj embassy was too serious and strict, no student was given a visa, i tell u only couples , families, and mostly those who have traveled and came back.
i thought i was not returning to the embassy again due to annoyance, but my work just won a scholarship, i told them i will want ti paid for my trip for the short program in us.
guys what do u think should i give it another shot with the scholarship/ grant i just received. meanwhile i have already paid the fees. thanks.

short courses applicants are most time not given visa becos it's relevance might not be obvious. what is the relevance of the fee u'll b paying to the state's economy? if you think the training is important, ask the concerned organization to file for you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 8:59am On Mar 30, 2011
@phy tnx 4 answering most questions. Pls i wnt 2 fill d ds-160 form, do i hv 2 fill my parent information even if d parent is dead. Advice me
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 9:02am On Mar 30, 2011
@phy tnx 4 answering most questions. Pls i wnt 2 fill d ds-160 form, do i hv 2 fill my parent information even if d parent is dead. Advice me
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kc7: 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2011
Good forum, keep it coming. I sincerely need the house candid opinion. In 2003, I applied to study in the States as an undergraduate, but was refused visa on the grounds that they were not satisfied if I was going to return after my school. My passport, not the e-passport was stamped and returned back to me.

My question is this, 8 years after then, I now have the new e-passport, but with a different date of birth but same name(Did it to get my present bank job) and I am thinking of doing my masters in the States. What are the implications As I know they could asked if I have ever been denied visa before and considering the discrepancy in age now as per my new passport. What do you guys think?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 3:00pm On Mar 30, 2011
Kc
You are walking a very dark road here.
You have knowingly altered data on your passport.
You will be asked to present many other documents and unless they all match perfectly you will be hit by 10 yr ban and possibly loose the job you got with forged passport date.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2011
K_c:

Good forum, keep it coming. I sincerely need the house candid opinion. In 2003, I applied to study in the States as an undergraduate, but was refused visa on the grounds that they were not satisfied if I was going to return after my school. My passport, not the e-passport was stamped and returned back to me.

My question is this, 8 years after then, I now have the new e-passport, but with a different date of birth but same name(Did it to get my present bank job) and I am thinking of doing my masters in the States. What are the implications As I know they could asked if I have ever been denied visa before and considering the discrepancy in age now as per my new passport. What do you guys think?

Lol i know how this story would end, But you know we all blive we are unique and that God would make a way where there is no way so for our individual minds God go do am but realistically the consulars theme selves pray to God everyday for wisdom and understanding to carry out there job functions efficiently soo i wonder who God would answer the applicant who is trying to fool himself or the consular who is tryin to carry out his job
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2011
james2020:

i cant remember if the form has option for deceased, but check it out and try to see if the option is available, however think about a gaurdian that you can use in that respect. i'll also advise you do a dummy filling as you can fill the stuff as many times as possible. well, i filled my thrice or preferably you dont submit till you are sure.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 12:43am On Mar 31, 2011
james2020,
You are to provide answers to requested information, and please do, when they need to know if alive or deceased you will see the question.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yapyap(m): 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2011
thank for u reply explain to me how the company can file for me.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 12:23am On Apr 01, 2011
@anfanio, Pls reply my mail, toluth apalowo,
Pls I need help on how to calculate tuition per credit hour,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by octy: 11:48am On Apr 01, 2011
In a Little confused state right now. Just got my I-20 form today. Sponsor is my Uncle with same surname. After reading all the write-ups on this forum on the advantages of using ones immediate family as sponsor, i need some advice on what to do. Tnx. angry

Still Need your opinions, I work as a software developer in one of the few companies owned by my uncle. He is a legal practitioner by profession but has chains of business in IT. Creates them to be managed by qualified hands. He is sponsoring me as regards the interest her has in me to manage the Software development Unit of his coy and my proven team leader drive for the success of the unit. He has always sponsored my education from my Junior High as soon he realized my interest in IT. He took a personal interest in me amongst my other siblings. My dad has bin solely responsible for their education.My Uncle also sponsored my professional exams and some of my short courses in Pan African University. He has bin my main motivator and mentor as regards a common saying that "Nothing is Impossible".

Kindly advice.

Tnx.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2011
K_c:

So if i get you, your age is different not necessarily  diff month/day,
Would have said you do passport with your correct age but dont think you can make another passport with this e-passport thingy
in truth , doesnt sound good, Goodluck son!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 3:15am On Apr 03, 2011
In a Little confused state right now. Just got my I-20 form today. Sponsor is my Uncle with same surname. After reading all the write-ups on this forum on the advantages of using ones immediate family as sponsor, i need some advice on what to do. Tnx.

Still Need your opinions, I work as a software developer in one of the few companies owned by my uncle. He is a legal practitioner by profession but has chains of business in IT. Creates them to be managed by qualified hands. He is sponsoring me as regards the interest her has in me to manage the Software development Unit of his coy and my proven team leader drive for the success of the unit. He has always sponsored my education from my Junior High as soon he realized my interest in IT. He took a personal interest in me amongst my other siblings. My dad has bin solely responsible for their education.My Uncle also sponsored my professional exams and some of my short courses in Pan African University. He has bin my main motivator and mentor as regards a common saying that "Nothing is Impossible".

Kindly advice.

Tnx.

I think you have posted this twice now. I guess no one has been responding to that because it has already been answered somewhere in between the threads. What exactly are you worried about? I used my uncle who doesn't even bear the same surname with me. As a matter of fact, my surname is yoruba, and my uncle's name is hausa, and I still got my visa. So what is your problem? Except if things has changed after I left Nigeria; I see no reason why your uncle sponsoring you should be a problem provided you can present your case well. Abeg free this question jor!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by naggy: 3:03pm On Apr 03, 2011
Hey House!!!!

Seems like ages since I lasted visited here and I apologize for the absence. It's really tight when it comes to studying here that you hardly ever get the time for yourself so all those coming soon - brace yourself for the challenges especially the fact that you are an international student. Like my very good friend Djunit1 has said put God first in everything and do not rely on your on wits. Those that read the outcome of my interview I posted sometime ago knows I shouldn't have merited the visa if I were to be judged by my composure. Well that's by the way. Just wanted to comment on few issues I've noticed: a lot of people seem to attach so much importance to stuff that are insignificant. Like I saw someone complaining about having his/her middle name on their passport while such name doesn't appear on other documents. Then someone else advised that they go to court to swear an affidavit. Please all those are waste of time, energy and money. The least a consular would ask for is a birth certificate! Secondly, the worst thing you can do is trying to cram responses to interview questions. I tried doing that, not only will it backfire you will certainly not remember them. Let your answers flow naturally as they come. See the interview as a formal discussion and that will really ease the tension. It really worked for me cos at a point during my time, I was fretting all over and the consular was so kind enough to ask why I was trembling and even went ahead to tell me to calm down and "take a deep breath". Yes that's the way it is, it all depends on how you carry yourself and your simplicity. For another instance, when I was asked where do you wanna work after your studies? I couldn't find words so what came of my mind was EFCC. I was even more surprised to hear the consular suggesting against my coming back to work with EFCC. Well in essence your interview could be hassle free depending on how you effectively interact with the VO and above all things putting GOD first.

@James2020: please I'm not trying to insinuate anything but how come are you still talking about DS 160 at this time?? I recall after your interview last year, you told the house that the VO asked you to go back and bring your transcripts and then return to pick your visa. Was that actually an outright refusal which you withheld from the house Same inconsistency I always speak of,

Wishing all the Summer and Fall applicants success in their upcoming interviews! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2011
Who knows how I can pay for WES from Nigeria? Can I pay with the Skye bank VISA card or Western Union at Seme? I need quick response please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wokess: 10:52am On Apr 05, 2011
pls can someone help me with the address of us embassy in abuja
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 11:44am On Apr 05, 2011
U.S. Embassy
Abuja Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area, Abuja.
Telephone: (234)-9-461-4000
Fax: (234)-9-461-4171
E-Mail: Consularabuja@state.gov
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by squino(m): 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2011
please house my brother just got out of school and i want him to futher study medicine and surgery in florida (miami preferably) cos i have a friend there, but i just dont know where to start, please i'll appreciate if someone gives me a lead on how and where to start, the best school to apply(taking finance into consideration), and someone also told me about toefl and sat exams, so i'd like to know when its gon be written and if it will be possible for him to travel this year, thanks in advance.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 9:03am On Apr 06, 2011
imperiouxx:

Who knows how I can pay for WES from Nigeria? Can I pay with the Skye bank VISA card or Western Union at Seme? I need quick response please.

Anyone who have the answer to my question should please drop it. Plsssss
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chux4liv(m): 9:11am On Apr 06, 2011
Naggy Nogga, lol, Waddup Dude,  been ages,  How u faring ?
naggy:

Hey House!!!!

@James2020: please I'm not trying to insinuate anything but how come are you still talking about DS 160 at this time?? I recall after your interview last year, you told the house that the VO asked you to go back and bring your transcripts and then return to pick your visa. Was that actually an outright refusal which you withheld from the house Same inconsistency I always speak of,

Wishing all the Summer and Fall applicants success in their upcoming interviews! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 4:42pm On Apr 06, 2011
squino:

please house my brother just got out of school and i want him to futher study medicine and surgery in florida (miami preferably) cos i have a friend there, but i just dont know where to start, please i'll appreciate if someone gives me a lead on how and where to start, the best school to apply(taking finance into consideration), and someone also told me about toefl and sat exams, so i'd like to know when its gon be written and if it will be possible for him to travel this year, thanks in advance.

Follow this link: http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ/state/#TX
As regard the TOEFL & SAT search google.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 7:09am On Apr 07, 2011
FALL 2011 applicants, where una dey now? pls do let's reason together coz time aint our friend u kno?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2011
hit me up on shevy4real4uatyahoo.com or add me on facebook for better chats, am lukin forward to hearing u.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by next2TX: 10:00am On Apr 07, 2011
denio215:

FALL 2011 applicants, where una dey now? pls do let's reason together coz time aint our friend u kno?
i tire ooooo!!!! pple jus mute oo. if fall far wat of Summer
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 10:09am On Apr 07, 2011
Which of these states will someone advise me to go for studies?
Texas
Delaware
Michigan
Minnesota,
Considering the following, tuition, cost of living and graduate studies in economics,
NB. I don't have any family and friends in the US,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2011
Toluth:

Which of these states will someone advise me to go for studies?
Texas
Delaware
Michigan
Minnesota,
Considering the following, tuition, cost of living and graduate studies in economics,
NB. I don't have any family and friends in the US,
From my little experience to get started without anyone on ground could be very difficult and frustrating - you can say that to the embassy, but believe me you need someone most times. However, i learnt Texas or Minnesota could be a bit cheaper but i've not been there though. You may also check out the websites of all the schools to compare info.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2011
phy:

From my little experience to get started without anyone on ground could be very difficult and frustrating - you can say that to the embassy, but believe me you need someone most times. However, i learnt Texas or Minnesota could be a bit cheaper but i've not been there though. You may also check out the websites of all the schools to compare info.
Thanks for the quick response, The problem is that in most of those school's website, their tuition are always per hour courses done. Since I don't know how many courses I will be doing, I'v been having problem calculating the tuition, I intend to go for masters degree in economics,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2011
phy:

Thanks for the quick response, The problem is that in most of those school's website, their tuition are always per hour courses done. Since I don't know how many courses I will be doing, I'v been having problem calculating the tuition, I intend to go for masters degree in economics,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gendebs(m): 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2011
I was directed to this forum and i have gotten useful tips, knowledge and understanding about American embassy. My problem is that i want to apply for the 2011 fall section. Can someone pls help me with the steps and the document to send for applying for the US undergraduate program without SAT and TOEFL. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.