Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546901 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 11, 2011
@house,pls how can i pay my sevis i901 fee from nigeria or is it advisable for me to use a u.s credit card for the transaction, need an urgent response.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gendebs(m): 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2011
I was directed to this forum and i have gotten useful tips, knowledge and understanding about American embassy. My problem is that i want to apply for the 2011 fall section. Can someone pls help me with the steps and the document to send for applying for the US undergraduate program without SAT and TOEFL. GURU'S in the house help
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2011
@gendebs,check texas colleges and universities,i fink most of them don't really ask int'l student for standardized test scores,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2020(m): 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2011
God be with me and all of you. Who's going for summer interview. Whats updates
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2011
@james,let me av ur yim so dat we can yaahn,hit me up on shevy4real4uatyahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2011
denio215:

@ imperiouxx: The right site to check for your appointment is http://www.ustraveldocs.com/NG/index.html and not the former VFS site ooooo

@denio, thanks. I made a mistake by writing the old one. This new site http://www.ustraveldocs.com/NG/index.html is the one that is giving me no available date. Can anyone see any vacant date around may/june in Abuja now?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2011
shavel:

@house,pls how can i pay my sevis i901 fee from nigeria or is it advisable for me to use a u.s credit card for the transaction, need an urgent response.
@ shavel, to the best of my knowledge you can not pay SEVIS fee via any card as a Nigerian applicant you can only pay via western union.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2011
@shavel, go to the ecobank just at the seme border and have it send there by western union.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sqlerror: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2011
Hello house. Please, i want to know if anyone has been able to book an appointment for june/july? Quick reponse please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
sql-error:

Hello house. Please, i want to know if anyone has been able to book an appointment for june/july? Quick reponse please.

I think there is rush for the FALL 2011 visa interview, just always keep watch for any available chance, especially at evening period.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 12, 2011
@imperiouxx,pls kindly give the full direction discription to the ecobank at seme boarder, pls nid an urgent response as i'll be going very soon, tnxs
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sqlerror: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2011
@Denio, tnx 4 d info
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 12:36pm On Apr 13, 2011
@Shavel . . . . I have to copy this from the previous post i posted.

If you are living in Lagos. . . . .  when you get to Mile 2 ask pple where you can get buses or cab going to Seme ( i think is around 400-500 naira). when you get to seme i'll advice you to to have anything with those okada man. The bank you are paying money to is not far fromm the border, all you have to do is to talk to those immigration officer and let them know what's going on. ou may need a yellow, you can  buy that are the airport here in nigeria cus if you get there that day and you don't have you'll see hell.

You'll need to pay with thier own currency (Cafer) not $ and pls i won beg you 4 some tthing . . . . . . No do like ajebo oooo . . . .  . . just do like person wey dey come from Ajegunle and just make sure you hold enough.

Hope this Helps.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
Hello house i can see students dat want to apply for fall semester.

I will like to inform you that if anybody want to pay SEVIS, book for appointment and also want to sit for SAT exams

can call me on this number 07082593720 or email me cooldeji50@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2011
@shavel I have paid my sevis fee at seme last week. i can give you description of the place. Once you get to mile2, take a car or bus to seme it cost just 400 to 500 naira. Once you alight, take a bike and tell the hausa okada man that you want to cross. Please don't let them know that you are just new to the place. There is a corner that dose okoda men will take and within 3 minute you''ll arrive at your destination. Tell the okada man that you are going to ecobank. It is just a stone throw from the border. I gave the bike man 150 naira. Please don't go and meet the immigration men oooooooo!!!! and you don't need any yellow card. the security man at the bank will help you on how you can change you naira to cafter. He is very nice to people who want to pay sevis fee. finally i will advise you to prepare sometin around #35,000 for the fee and charges. wish you journey mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 3:45pm On Apr 13, 2011
house don't pay anyone you can go there to pay it yourself. I have done it and it is as easy as ABC.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2011
@kaycome wassup hw far i can see u trying to assist dem not to fall into wrong hands

but i wil like to inform you that am also here to assist pple so dat dey find it easy ok am 4 real
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 13, 2011
@house tanxs so much am very grateful, am on mah way there
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gendebs(m): 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
@shavel. Thanks for the reply the schools i browsed in texas asked for a standardize test. pls can u give me list of some school that are relatively inexpensive and thier requirement
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2011
@ house please i need someone to help me out. My sister is a certify and registered nurse but want to go for her undergraduate in nursing in usa. Can someone get me some school that she can apply to but that they will waive an standardize exam. Please i need your assisitance
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 13, 2011
@gendebs,try to check university of houston and houston community college, av applied to houston community college and they require no standardized test or pro test, shalom
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2011
shavel:

@gendebs,try to check university of houston and houston community college, av applied to houston community college and they require no standardized test or pro test, shalom

@ Shavel & Gendebs, thru my experience from this thread right from Page 1 to this present page, I think a community college is a kind of "RED FLAG" when it comes to F-1 visa interview. Pls never misunderstand me, am only saying this as a result of what I've read so far on this thread as regard community college. But all the same just as like our slogan on this thread that 3 things grant you visa in U.S. Embassy/Consulate: YOUR CONFIDENCE, YOUR MOUTH & YOUR GOD (GOD: which is the ULTIMATE of them all). Cheers.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kaycome: 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2011
no use college!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 10:37am On Apr 14, 2011
kaycome:

@ house please i need someone to help me out. My sister is a certify and registered nurse but want to go for her undergraduate in nursing in usa. Can someone get me some school that she can apply to but that they will waive an standardize exam. Please i need your assisitance

I guess you need to check some past infos here
that question has been asnwered but i will try
check if i can get more info for you as well,

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by solo4deji(m): 11:25am On Apr 14, 2011
i will advice students dat want 2 study in usa as an undergraduate u need to sit 4 SAT exams

coz is very important it will help u to get scholarship and some other benefits. And again consular dey do ask if u have it.

Don't use community or college it is better u apply 2 university.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 14, 2011
@house,wats the chance of me getting my f1 on the 17th of may coz i'll be going along wit a community college's i20,my major is nursing and am jes 17+ of age
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 4:47pm On Apr 14, 2011
shavel:

@house,wats the chance of me getting my f1 on the 17th of may coz i'll be going along wit a community college's i20,my major is nursing and am jes 17+ of age

@ shavel, don't let what has been posted so far create any kind of fear in your heart. Just go for the interview with the right documents, more knowledge about your intending school, course of study, your future plan, the geographical location of the school etc, and with full boldness & be concise in your reply to the VO's questions. Forget about being community, society or jungle college jooo, why did USCIS [/b]approved them in the first place? , lol. [b]U WILL BE GOOD.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2011
@denio,tenks 4 the reply,u build my confidence, tenks bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Emmanuelson(m): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2011
got my i20 yesterday frm gannon uni penyslavania without any exam.in short they gave me scholarship and financial aid.bt i get to know there is something they call sevis fee 250bucks which idid nt plan for please is it true before i apply for interview and what are d likely questions they ask atembassy.thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 9:54am On Apr 15, 2011
Emmanuelson:

got my i20 yesterday frm gannon uni penyslavania without any exam.in short they gave me scholarship and financial aid.bt i get to know there is something they call sevis fee 250bucks which idid nt plan for please is it true before i apply for interview and what are d likely questions they ask atembassy.thanks.

In your best interest, I would advise you to read this thread from the beginning to final page and you will understand everything (SEVIS, VISA FEE, DS-160, SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, F-1 VISA INTERVIEW EXPERIENCES et cetera) as regard US higher education for international students. U are welcome to the HOUSE OF THE FUTURE LEADERS.

GOOD-LUCK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by deezy101: 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2011
Hello everyone, i am really happy with this forum, God bless the moderators. i have just got my I-20 from a school in the U.S for masters in Information systems for Fall 2011. is it advisable for me to go and pay the visa and the SEVIS fee now so i can schedule an appointment? secondly, what month is the most advisable for me to book an appointment date for?. thirdly, i heard theres this chinese woman in the abuja embassy that denies people visas, is it true, please help me please
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gendebs(m): 5:11pm On Apr 15, 2011
Emmanuelson and Shavel. wld like to communicate with u guy. pls drop ur no here. will call u immediately i see it

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.