Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546893 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Tolueneno(f): 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2011
Register for gre,gmat,sat,toefl @ light heights global sevices limited,2B Oyetola Street,Off Ajanaku Salvation Opebi,Ikeja Lagos.we do student travels,visa counselling etc, call 07030571605 or 07030102721,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by addsyno200: 5:49am On Apr 08, 2011
here is an opportunity to secure a 5years visa to study in any university of your choice in united state of America,there are over 1 millions university awaiting your application as both graduate and undergraduate to get admitted and secure your admission letter, I 20,CHECK OUT THESE SCHOOL, university of west,California,Fresno state university California,Indiana state university,Oklahoma city university many among others,all you are,copy of your passport,secondary school transcript,bank statement,secondary school result, i can assist you to secure yours, 07035572462 do not border about there expensive tuition fee$29,000 on your arrival to USA you have options to secure a low tuition fee of about just $2,500 multiple entry visa direct pass to enter CANADA
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by addsyno200: 5:54am On Apr 08, 2011
here is an opportunity to secure a 5years visa to study in any university of your choice in united state of America,there are over 1 millions university awaiting your application as both graduate and undergraduate to get admitted and secure your admission letter, I 20,CHECK OUT THESE SCHOOL, university of west,California,Fresno state university California,Indiana state university,Oklahoma city university many among others,all you are,copy of your passport,secondary school transcript,bank statement,secondary school result, i can assist you to secure yours, 07035572462 do not border about there expensive tuition fee$29,000 on your arrival to USA you have options to secure a low tuition fee of about just $2,500 multiple entry visa direct pass to enter CANADA

You can easily reach me on 07035572462
on face book,fagbolagun adeniran busayo
You can do it on your own all you need is just a guide line on how to secure your,all admissions closes by july
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 6:38am On Apr 08, 2011
Toluth:

Thanks for the quick response, The problem is that in most of those school's website, their tuition are always per hour courses done. Since I don't know how many courses I will be doing, I'v been having problem calculating the tuition, I intend to go for masters degree in economics,

if you will be attending a school that runs semester, most schools allow you to do a max of 9 units and min of 6 units as a grad. There is usually a general fee applicable to all, then as int'l students you now add the cost per unit to the fee. for example, if the the tuition or say general fee is $3k, the cost per unit say $300; so the total cost for 9units in a semester equals $5,700 (3000+(300*9)). i guess this could be applicable also to schools on terms also. take care.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 6:48am On Apr 08, 2011
addsyno200:

You can do it on your own all you need is just a guide line on how to secure your,all admissions closes by july

Why can't you look for better alternatives and stop confusing people. Pls all, US will not give you more than 2 yrs visa as a student from Nigeria even if 10yrs is written on your I20 as duration of study this is because Nigeria embassy as well only give their students max of 2yrs, you can also confirm this from US embassy website yourself.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 6:50am On Apr 08, 2011
addsyno200:

Why can't you look for better alternatives and stop confusing people. Pls all, US will not give you more than 2 yrs visa as a student from Nigeria even if 10yrs is written on your I20 as duration of study this is because Nigeria embassy as well only give their students max of 2yrs, you can also confirm this from US embassy website yourself.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 08, 2011
[color=#550000][/color]why can't u guyz jes kol down for urslvs,u.s visa is usually given out to students as a five years visa, and stop arguing!! SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Jchei(f): 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2011
Good day all, Please house, does the us embassy have a problem with laminated certificates? Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 08, 2011
@jchei,wat kinda certificate is dat,am a fall applicant, hit me up on ymsgr so we can discuss beta, shevy4real4uatyahoo.com.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Jchei(f): 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2011
@ shavel its A degree certificate. I laminated mine, and i am getin woried if its gona be a problem
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2011
@jchei,u av no quams as far as the cert indicates ur grades
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2011
fall aplicants abeg make una com out make we yaahn oooo, abi una no wan do interview b4 una collect visa,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2011
US Government Shutdown – F1 Visa – US Consulates

If there is no budget deal by midnight Friday (8th April 2011), US Government will shutdown. About 800,000 federal government workers will be out of job. What will be the impact to this thread? F1 Visa – US Embassy/Consulates will be closed worldwide.

US Consulates and Embassy come under Department of State. While the diplomatic and security aspects of the Department of State (DOS) operations would continue, visa applications would likely not be processed in the event of a shutdown.

Which means that the US consulates will not be open for visa appointments and processing. This would impact students going for Fall 2011 or other visa stamping, depending on duration of shutdown.

You could encounter long delays in obtaining visas to USA, possibly extending beyond the shutdown itself as consular offices are forced to reschedule canceled appointments.

SEVIS I-20

Sevis I-20 is handled by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and its not clear if ICE will continue to issue I-20′s during Government Shutdown.

Stay tuned for additional updates regarding US Government Shutdown and impact on immigration related activities.

We pray the U.S. Lawmakers reach deal on budget before this deadline which comes up in fews hours from now, so that the U.S. government will not be shutdown.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2011
Jchei,
Your laminated certificate should not be a problem, but I will suggest you have a copy of your transcript with you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 08, 2011
@denio,i confirmed ur post from google its vry true,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Toluth(m): 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2011
phy:

if you will be attending a school that runs semester, most schools allow you to do a max of 9 units and min of 6 units as a grad. There is usually a general fee applicable to all, then as int'l students you now add the cost per unit to the fee. for example, if the the tuition or say general fee is $3k, the cost per unit say $300; so the total cost for 9units in a semester equals $5,700 (3000+(300*9)). i guess this could be applicable also to schools on terms also. take care.
Thanks phy,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 5:31am On Apr 09, 2011
denio215:

US Government Shutdown – F1 Visa – US Consulates

If there is no budget deal by midnight Friday (8th April 2011), US Government will shutdown. About 800,000 federal government workers will be out of job. What will be the impact to this thread? F1 Visa – US Embassy/Consulates will be closed worldwide.

US Consulates and Embassy come under Department of State. While the diplomatic and security aspects of the Department of State (DOS) operations would continue, visa applications would likely not be processed in the event of a shutdown.

Which means that the US consulates will not be open for visa appointments and processing. This would impact students going for Fall 2011 or other visa stamping, depending on duration of shutdown.

You could encounter long delays in obtaining visas to USA, possibly extending beyond the shutdown itself as consular offices are forced to reschedule canceled appointments.

SEVIS I-20

Sevis I-20 is handled by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and its not clear if ICE will continue to issue I-20′s during Government Shutdown.

Stay tuned for additional updates regarding US Government Shutdown and impact on immigration related activities.

We pray the U.S. Lawmakers reach deal on budget before this deadline which comes up in fews hours from now, so that the U.S. government will not be shutdown.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/04/08/government.shutdown/index.html Thank GOD the U.S. lawmakers finally reached deal at 11th hour on Friday night in order to avoid shutdown of the U.S. government which will absolutely affect the entire world as a whole and my fellow nairalanders especially on this thread (General USA (student visa) Enquiries) LOLzzz. Kudos to these reasonable lawmakers unlike their naija counterpart. U.S. Universities/Colleges here we come,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by visuals(m): 9:57am On Apr 09, 2011
Toluth:

Thanks phy,

Ope oooooo! It would have been a different story if not for God who had intervene on mybehalf.My interview comes up next week
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 09, 2011
U.s federal govt. finally agreed wit lawmakers to provide a budget deal,so all federal govt.workers remains in office till resignation or retirement.There is no problem with international student planning to study in u.s for fall 2011 semester.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2011
shavel:

[color=#550000][/color]why can't u guyz jes kol down for urslvs,u.s visa is usually given out to students as a five years visa, and stop arguing!! SHALOM

@ shavel do you have a student visa already? if yes, pls what is duration on it? if no, when will you be going for your interview so that we can start praying for you to get it and you'll just need to confirm to the house the visa duration. i'll advise you read this thread from pg1, i know there is a link that addressed it.

NOTE: I'm not trying to argue with you but this forum must be adequately and correctly informed becos most students get here - they get confused and lost balance becos of false information.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2011
visuals:

Ope oooooo! It would have been a different story if not for God who had intervene on mybehalf.My interview comes up next week

@ Visuals, The good LORD will go with you even as you go for your visa interview next week, be bold & concise, dress moderately & be courteous in your dealings with the consular officer & never cram your speech. GO COLLECT THE VISA WITH JOY & BRING THE GOOD-NEWS TO THIS HOUSE. The host of heaven is by your side. IT IS WELL.

Which post are u using, ABUJA or LAGOS?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by visuals(m): 10:10pm On Apr 09, 2011
denio215:

@ Visuals, The good LORD will go with you even as you go for your visa interview next week, be bold & concise, dress moderately & be courteous in your dealings with the consular officer & never cram your speech. GO COLLECT THE VISA WITH JOY & BRING THE GOOD-NEWS TO THIS HOUSE. The host of heaven is by your side. IT IS WELL.

Which post are u using, ABUJA or LAGOS?

@denio215, Thanks for your prayers and courage, >God bless you real good,
I will be going to Abuja o, Any special consular in there?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
Guys, e jooo I once asked that someone who knows how to go about paying for WES evaluation to tell me. I don't know if the skye Bank VISA card can do it. Please, someone should help me out. cry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 10:27pm On Apr 09, 2011
visuals:

@denio215, Thanks for your prayers and courage, >God bless you real good,
I will be going to Abuja o, Any special consular in there?

@ Visuals, dont create any kind of fear for yourself as per particular consular but just be watchful to avoid the ever-dreaded Chinese American woman & also keep watch as things are going on in that place, lol

Can I have your YIM? mine is dayo215
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by visuals(m): 11:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
denio215:

@ Visuals, dont create any kind of fear for yourself as per particular consular but just be watchful to avoid the ever-dreaded Chinese American woman & also keep watch as things are going on in that place, lol

Can I have your YIM? mine is dayo215

gentlevisual@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by newacca: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2011
@everyone,
Pls. advise me,what are my chances applying for U.S study visa as a self sponsor? I got OND in Biz in 2004,underwent I.T till 2005,worked for my father's company till march,2008 and started my own biz(registered) in May 2008 to date. I am 28+
I need ur advice and comments. thx.
ciao
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 4:10pm On Apr 10, 2011
newacca:

@everyone,
Pls. advise me,what are my chances applying for U.S study visa as a self sponsor? I got OND in Biz in 2004,underwent I.T till 2005,worked for my father's company till march,2008 and started my own biz(registered) in May 2008 to date. I am 28+
I need your advice and comments. thx.
ciao

If you study this thread very well, its not advisable.
Even been a co-sponsor for yourself can only work if you
are going for masters

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2011
imperiouxx:

Guys, e jooo I once asked that someone who knows how to go about paying for WES evaluation to tell me. I don't know if the skye Bank VISA card can do it. Please, someone should help me out. cry

@ imper, if your visa card is dollar denominated you can, otherwise you can't. let me know your position.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
Jchei:

@ shavel its A degree certificate. I laminated mine, and i am getin woried if its gona be a problem

of all things to be worried about cry

That is the very least of your worries, not even a worry sef wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 12:25am On Apr 11, 2011
phy:

@ imper, if your visa card is dollar denominated you can, otherwise you can't. let me know your position.

I think I will ask that the bank make it dollar denominated?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 2:18am On Apr 11, 2011
I tried to check the available dates on VFS website www.usa-
vfsglobal-ng.com and all I could get is 'interview dates not available', For every month i
tried. Does anyone know how to
do get a date?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by denio215(m): 4:48am On Apr 11, 2011
imperiouxx:

I tried to check the available dates on[b] VFS website www.usa-[/b]
vfsglobal-ng.com and all I could get is 'interview dates not available', For every month i
tried. Does anyone know how to
do get a date?

@ imperiouxx: The right site to check for your appointment is http://www.ustraveldocs.com/NG/index.html and not the former VFS site ooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.