Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546839 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 5:19pm On May 28, 2010
Pls where and how can i pay for my SEVIS fee?I heard itsnt possible to pay it here in 9ja.E sa nu mi o
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 5:21pm On May 28, 2010
Pls where and how can i pay for my SEVIS fee?I heard itsnt possible to pay it here in 9ja.E sa nu mi o.Sky is my office!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2010
@aroy1,i no write any of those test but u can ask kenzema n femilangy.

Cappadona123:

Pls where and how can i pay for my SEVIS fee?I heard itsnt possible to pay it here in 9ja.E sa nu mi o.Sky is my office!!!
if u can send me $285 ,i go do am for u sharp sharp.hv done it 4 a
lotta peeps here on NL.when be ur interview?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Mudley313: 6:38pm On May 28, 2010
I think u need to go back to school.How on earth would u say scandavanians are the most non-religious?
It's only a fool that would even argue with u here cos u are suffering from Attention Disorder.
U brought this statement to get attention but nobody would give u that here.
Mothersucker.

sharrap there. u stupid poverty stricken buffoon. i came here to read on the stories of those seeking to study abroad and was amazed at how much god comes into play at the embassies in nigeria n thus asked a legitimate question, cos i've always wondered how the issuance of a travel visa can be used as testimony in what is today, nigeria's churches; i dont believe in no imaginary magic man upstairs n have been through the processes of american visa, permanent residency/green card and citizenship unscathed. Thus, my question still stands, what has god got to do with the issuance of travel visa?

U Mothersucker X 10
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 6:52pm On May 28, 2010
Mudley313:

sharrap there. u silly poverty stricken buffoon. i came here to read on the stories of those seeking to study abroad and was amazed at how much god comes into play at the embassies in nigeria n thus asked a legitimate question, cos i've always wondered how the issuance of a travel visa can be used as testimony in what is today, nigeria's churches; i dont believe in no imaginary magic man upstairs n have been through the processes of american visa, permanent residency/green card and citizenship unscathed. Thus, my question still stands, what has god got to do with the issuance of travel visa?

U Mothersucker X 10
What's the big deal?U aint the first and surely u wont be the last.
Fool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Mudley313: 7:00pm On May 28, 2010
What's the big deal?U aint the first and surely u wont be the last.
Fool

Okpemu. where did i mention dat it was a big deal. i'm just surprised dat something that people all over the world (from india to saudi arabia to china; from christians to muslims to buddhist to atheist) are being issued on the daily is now attributed to some god in naija. u cant see how kinda backward such mentality is or you're too daft to even think out of a box. idiot
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:29pm On May 28, 2010
@oyewole n mudley,i want to believe u guys r not sick upstairs.wats d meaning of these angry
both of u shld stop this rubbish now!!!
let every1 keep to his or her opinion abt visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 11:32am On May 29, 2010
@nethacker,Thanks and my sponsor is payin 4all fees,i think they goin to cotonöu to pay the SEVIS.Sky is the limit
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 12:42pm On May 29, 2010
@ all GRE blasters

What should be the minimum score that should be attained in the GRE exam?By that, I mean a score that could put one out from the crowd when it comes to getting admission.More, is their a single overall score for all the 3 sections?Or the scores are reported independently?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by NKnight: 2:22pm On May 29, 2010
aroy1:

@ all GRE blasters

What should be the minimum score that should be attained in the GRE exam?By that, I mean a score that could put one out from the crowd when it comes to getting admission.More, is their a single overall score for all the 3 sections?Or the scores are reported independently?

The minimum scores obtainable (other than a NS=No Score) are Q 200/800, V 200/800, AW 0/6 and Subject Test 200/990. In general, there are no minimum scores that should be obtained for the GRE, however, schools set different minimum scores. Most good engineering schools would require at least Q 750, V 500 and AW 4/6. For funding and more competitive schools these minimum scores would probably increase depending on the scarcity of funds and the competition that year. Another important figure these schools look at is your percentile scores. It compares your scores with others in a given pool and time period. Example Q 750 may get an 80%, meaning you did better than 80% in the pool and time period considered, but V 750 may get 94%. This would mean that more people found V harder than Q since you did better than 94%.

To really "stand out of the GRE crowd", one would need perfect scores, that means Q 800, V 800, AW 6/6 and 990/990, yes the competition is really that tough. It is important to keep in mind that having stellar scores on its own doesn't guarantee admission but having low scores can jeopardize your admission chances (not to talk of funding, ). Because of limited spaces many excellent applicants get rejected. Having low scores is just another reason to reject your application.

The good thing is that you do not need perfect scores to get into your dream school. Why? Because the admission committee looks at other areas it deems important. Such areas include (in no particular order of importance):
1. Your Undergraduate and / or previous graduate GPA.
2. The recommendations from past and / or current teachers, employers etc.
3. Your statement of purpose and / or personal statement.

They look for things such as interest in graduate study, motivation for graduate study, preparation for graduate study and research etc. Unless you are an oscar winning liar please be truthful always and stick to instructions as they usually can smell fakers a mile off.

The GRE does not report a single overall score for Q, V and AW. However, some schools convert the individual scores to a single overall score.

For example, a school may decide to add Q + V + (AW*400/3) to give a single score not exceeding 2400. All applicants could then be ranked on the standardized test scores by the new single score. Using the two sets of scores above, the normal guy would get 750 + 500 + (4*400/3) = 1780 (rounded to the nearest 10). The perfect dude would of course get 2400 (800+800+(6*400/3)).

Another school may decide to even include GPA and use say ( (400*GPA) + Q + V ) / 3200 to give a score not exceeding 1. (Note GPA is on a 4 point scale). Say our normal guy had a 3.7 GPA, then he would have a total score of 0.85 or 85%. If our not so perfect dude had a 3.91 GPA then his total score would be 0.99 or 99%. (Please note this score is NOT the same as the GRE percentile scores!)

As you would expect, there are are infinite number of ways to combine the these scores, have fun combining your total score or developing your own relation.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by waleprizu: 2:51pm On May 29, 2010
house, I heard that you can pay your servis fee at Ecobank,
fee- $200
bank charges-$35
expedited delivery fee(2-3 business days)- $35
note- expedited fee is optional
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by aroy1: 2:58pm On May 29, 2010
@ Mknight

For what it's worth, you did great.Thank you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 5:29pm On May 29, 2010
waleprizu:

house, I heard that you can pay your servis fee at Ecobank,
fee- $200
bank charges-$35
expedited delivery fee(2-3 business days)- $35
note- expedited fee is optional

i tried this and i was disappointed cos my money no reach there n i no get am back.i dnt knw if it works now sha cos i nvr see any1 wey use am.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by waleprizu: 5:33pm On May 29, 2010
nethacker:

A friend of mine used it and it worked, u can go to Ecobank headquarters in V/I
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gossyomega(m): 7:21pm On May 29, 2010
anyone coming to North Cyprus for study should check this out

http://mynorthcyprus.org/socialnetwork/

get on it and join so that you can make friends who are in your prospective universities. it is the best way to settle down, because you would have already met some people that will be of great help to you when you get here.

it is also important to be careful about who helps you and find out from the right offices on what fees yu should pay for residency and all, so that no on reaps you off,

enjoy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 8:08pm On May 29, 2010
waleprizu:

A friend of mine used it and it worked, u can go to Ecobank headquarters in V/I
i dey yanky already
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bongabiz(m): 1:01am On May 30, 2010
Hi guys, pls I have a quick question about the interview in lagos. The queue at Walter Carrington appears intimidating, how is order maintained. Is there like a line which can only be passed by those who have an appointment scheduled. Is it possible for someone to arrive on time and not be able to enter because of the crowd there?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 4:12am On May 30, 2010
bongabiz:

Hi guys, pls I have a quick question about the interview in lagos. The queue at Walter Carrington appears intimidating, how is order maintained. Is there like a line which can only be passed by those who have an appointment scheduled. Is it possible for someone to arrive on time and not be able to enter because of the crowd there?
they r organized, u just go there and everything will be under control
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by thebaft: 3:58pm On May 30, 2010
I have a visa interview at scheduled 6:30 am in two weeks time? How long does the interview take? And what is the earliest time I can be out of the embassy?
Thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 6:38pm On May 30, 2010
thebaft:

I have a visa interview at scheduled 6:30 am in two weeks time? How long does the interview take? And what is the earliest time I can be out of the embassy?
Thanks.
it depends on the location but if na lag, 1pm is the earliest u can leave
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 2gd: 1:08am On Jun 02, 2010
nethacker:

it depends on the location but if na lag, 1pm is the earliest u can leave

lol
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bongabiz(m): 1:33am On Jun 02, 2010
@Nethacker: thanks for answering my last question.

Hello everyone, I am about to apply for a student visa. The school is covering all living and tuition expenses, and this is reflected on the I-20. However, my uncle here in Nigeria is giving me a bank statement to indicate sponsorship of relocation costs (air travel etc). My question is, do I need to have the I-134 (affidavit of support) filled, or will a simple letter from him be sufficient evidence? (NB - My uncle is a Nigerian resident here in Nigeria).
Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 1:44am On Jun 02, 2010
bongabiz:

@Nethacker: thanks for answering my last question.

Hello everyone, I am about to apply for a student visa. The school is covering all living and tuition expenses, and this is reflected on the I-20. However, my uncle here in Nigeria is giving me a bank statement to indicate sponsorship of relocation costs (air travel etc). My question is, do I need to have the I-134 (affidavit of support) filled, or will a simple letter from him be sufficient evidence? (NB - My uncle is a Nigerian resident here in Nigeria).
Thanks
a letter from him is enough, if he were to be in d US then that when he needs 2 fill d I-134.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oladapo91: 10:43pm On Jun 02, 2010
can someone tell me a difference between vfs receipt and uba receipt. how do i obtain the vfs receipt?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 11:22pm On Jun 02, 2010
You guys are doin good. Am impressed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2010
@oladapo91, VFS and UBA receipt refers to payment made in respect to appointment fees(5800) and visa fees now($140).
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 9:38am On Jun 03, 2010
Anyone gone for visa lately? share your story or going soon? Let us know so we can give you all da support and prayers. Together we can repair our country.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 1:52pm On Jun 03, 2010
Good brothers and sister, pls i want to know more about d usa student interview stuff,i was there on 25 nov and i was rejected visa because i applied to only 1 school and planning to go 4 another 1 ending of this month,can some1 help me what i can tell them when they ask me why i was rejected d ist tym,and how schools did i apply now
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kommentato(m): 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
[tr][/tr]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
steve49ja:

Anyone gone for visa lately? share your story or going soon? Let us know so we can give you all da support and prayers. Together we can repair our country.

My Appointment is for June 11(next friday).I need your prayers and support guys, Comin Back to give the goodnews, who is on the train wit me for that Day?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
seadog406:

My Appointment is for June 11(next friday).I need your prayers and support guys, Comin Back to give the goodnews, who is on the train wit me for that Day?

no wahala ok, u will get it, u done dey zone?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 4:42pm On Jun 03, 2010
khunleah:

no wahala ok, u will get it, u done dey zone?

At All , Coming Tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.