Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,666 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546980 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2010
@ seadog406, is your interview in Lagos or Abuja?
@ cappadona, have you gone for your interview? when is it so we pray for you both.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2010
HELLO HOUSE, GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD, WILL BE PAYING BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT TOMORO, I'LL BE ABLE TO ASK ME QUESTIONS AFTERWARDS, ONCE AGAIN I HAIL U ALL,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 7:52am On Jun 04, 2010
Young M:

@ seadog406, is your interview in Lagos or Abuja?
@ cappadona, have you gone for your interview? when is it so we pray for you both.

Lagos,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by steve49ja(m): 9:14am On Jun 04, 2010
seadog406:

My Appointment is for June 11(next friday).I need your prayers and support guys, Comin Back to give the goodnews, who is on the train wit me for that Day?

seadog406:

Lagos,

Do you have all the documents you need?
Have you reviewed our interview questions and our answers?
What questions do you have?

If you have people like us backing you and God behind you and you still fail then na your hand e de. And we go really VEX for you, So anyhow we can help. . .tell us!

Where is cappadona?? cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2010
steve49ja:

Do you have all the documents you need?
Have you reviewed our interview questions and our answers?
What questions do you have?

If you have people like us backing you and God behind you and you still fail then na your hand e de. And we go really VEX for you, So anyhow we can help. . .tell us!

Where is cappadona?? cheesy

Tanx Steve,all has been reviewed.i dont think i have questions for you guys,just bringin back the good news,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2010
seadog406:

Tanx Steve,all has been reviewed.i dont think i have questions for you guys,just bringin back the good news,

No shaking man, get ur mind prepared for the question
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 4:48pm On Jun 04, 2010
WATS UP FOLKS?its been a while.i applied to cuny(city university of n/york)and i av been sent an email that i will be notified very soon about my addmission,by may 2010,omo till now nipost neva deliver my letters,out of six schools that i registerd to av gotten a letter from onewhich is cuny baruch cllge,and i was not acceptd to dat one.[pls everybody that applied 4 d fall 2010 semester in the house,have you gotten your acceptance letters,if yes pls is it not frm the same nipost we are gettin our letters from abi schools 4 yankee dey send letters with overnyt posts,and wen i went to the post office i was told that i should chill 4 a while but me i know get tyme.please someone hlp me fast oooo smiley wink cheesy grin sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry.pls am all dis fings
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by WARYZ(m): 6:05pm On Jun 04, 2010
whos in d house?pls is there any problem if i apply to collges in new york cuz that is what i did,nd i av never read anything about pple applying 4 a skool in newyork,cuz dats wat i did,hpe no problem wif that
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 8:34pm On Jun 04, 2010
@ WARYZ

WATS UP FOLKS?its been a while.i applied to cuny(city university of n/york)and i av been sent an email that i will be notified very soon about my addmission,by may 2010,omo till now nipost neva deliver my letters,out of six schools that i registerd to av gotten a letter from onewhich is cuny baruch cllge,and i was not acceptd to dat one.[pls everybody that applied 4 d fall 2010 semester in the house,have you gotten your acceptance letters,if yes pls is it not frm the same nipost we are gettin our letters from abi schools 4 yankee dey send letters with overnyt posts,and wen i went to the post office i was told that i should chill 4 a while but me i know get tyme.please someone hlp me fast oooo

whos in d house?pls is there any problem if i apply to collges in new york cuz that is what i did,nd i av never read anything about pple applying 4 a skool in newyork,cuz dats wat i did,hpe no problem wif that

Though, I am still in Nigeria but my advice could still be of help. I wouldn't like to ask you to relax just like that. I applied to 2 schools, and I received my admission letters from the two schools in April and May respectively. And yeah, they are for the fall semester. If one of the schools actually sent you an email, that you would be notified about an admission decision in writing, I would advice you check that email again, and call the phone number you see in the mail. I believe the admission office of any school should have a number you can call. Do not hesitate to contact them. But you must have all your information before you do that.

If you applied to a graduate school, I expect a graduate counselor be assigned to you. it might interest you to know that some graduate counselors are bad, probably they don't care if you are admitted or not. Or they are carried away by the competition from students who are applying. For me, I was not fortunate to be assigned a good graduate counselors in one of the schools. He never picks his calls, and he never replies to e-mail. yet, the school keeps asking me to contact him. How could I achieve that? I wrote directly to the Program Chairman and the program coordinator. I didn't report him directly, but I included it in the letter that I couldn't get my counselor on phone, and he didn't reply to my emails. I guess they called him to order, and you can't believe it, a decision was taken on my application within two weeks. and from April to may, I received admissions from 2 schools.

Why do i have to tell you all my stories? Just to let you know that there is no harm in contacting the school if you are worried. It could even be used to determine how serious you are. If the school says that your I-20 had been mailed to the address you provided, that is when i think you have to follow up with the post office.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 9:06pm On Jun 04, 2010
WARYZ:

WATS UP FOLKS?its been a while.i applied to cuny(city university of n/york)and i av been sent an email that i will be notified very soon about my addmission,by may 2010,omo till now nipost neva deliver my letters,out of six schools that i registerd to av gotten a letter from onewhich is cuny baruch cllge,and i was not acceptd to dat one.[pls everybody that applied 4 d fall 2010 semester in the house,have you gotten your acceptance letters,if yes pls is it not frm the same nipost we are gettin our letters from abi schools 4 yankee dey send letters with overnyt posts,and wen i went to the post office i was told that i should chill 4 a while but me i know get tyme.please someone hlp me fast oooo smiley wink cheesy grin sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry.pls am all dis fings

Well Most schools i know either use Fedex,Dhl or UPS to send out admission letters and I-20,nipost here is just a waste of time,get intouch with the school,or either call the admission office and find out whats happening,
All the Best
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2010
HELLO GOOD FOLKS OF GOD, PAID MY MRV & VFS FEES TODAY, TRIED TO SCHEDULE ON THE VFS WEBSITES BUT GOT THE ERROR MESSAGE BELOW"

* Invalid Passport Issue date
* Invalid Passport Expiry date
* Invalid Date of birth

THIS I GOT IN STEP 5 "VISA APLLICANT INFO, AFTER FILLING THE RIGHT DATES, . HENCE COULDNT CONTINUE, AM I SUPPOSE TO WAIT FOR ONE DAY FOR MY RECEIPT TO BE ACTIVATED OR WHAT DOES THE MESSAGE MEAN, PLS LET ME KNOW
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2010
DASLEEKY:

HELLO GOOD FOLKS OF GOD, PAID MY MRV & VFS FEES TODAY, TRIED TO SCHEDULE ON THE VFS WEBSITES BUT GOT THE ERROR MESSAGE BELOW"

* Invalid Passport Issue date
* Invalid Passport Expiry date
* Invalid Date of birth

THIS I GOT IN STEP 5 "VISA APLLICANT INFO, AFTER FILLING THE RIGHT DATES, . HENCE COULDNT CONTINUE, AM I SUPPOSE TO WAIT FOR ONE DAY FOR MY RECEIPT TO BE ACTIVATED OR WHAT DOES THE MESSAGE MEAN, PLS LET ME KNOW
It has been activated when you left the Bank,i will advice you use Internet Explorer Browser,not Mozilla or other Browsers,
Give it a Try
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 11:09pm On Jun 04, 2010
@ SEADOG406, IT'S GONE THRU, NAY THANKS, WHO WUD HAVE THOT, IN ANYCASE MINE WILL BE LAGOS TOO BUT THE VAIALBLE DATE IS FROM 8 JULY, DONT MIND, NA THERE (LAS GIDI) MY OWN DEY WAIT 4 ME, LOL, ALL THE BEST BRUV, 'EMMANUEL"
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2010
seadog406:

It has been activated when you left the Bank,i will advice you use Internet Explorer Browser,not Mozilla or other Browsers,
Give it a Try

@SEADOG, GUESS I WAS IN A HURRY, COS SOME ERROR MESSAGE DON START AGAIN FOR ANODA PAGE OH, ME JUST TIRE OH, ABEG WHICH WAY OH, THANKS
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by femiflukis: 7:15am On Jun 05, 2010
@da sleek, try it on another system, believe it or not when i was scheduling my appointment that stuff kept showing up,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,, use another computer,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 9:53am On Jun 05, 2010
@YoungM,thx bro and my interview is 29th in Abuja
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Cappadona123: 10:00am On Jun 05, 2010
@steve,I travelled to Swokoto and didnt take my laptop along,thanks brö.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by YoungM1(m): 10:06am On Jun 05, 2010
@ femiflukis, i thought your interview was for May 26th, how was it? let us know how it went Bro
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fnwankwo40: 10:35am On Jun 05, 2010
visit http://www.fngcenter.com/ for all the information you need bout this.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2010
I wish you all the best of luck in your coming interview at various centres(ABUJA & Lagos).

Just knw that With God all things are possible.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2010
WARYZ:

Yes there are problem applying to schools in New York.New Yorkers dont go to school so u can really expect there colleges to be like other states where education is paramount.All they know how to do in NY is Music and to worship Jay Z,50 Cent and all those guys.Just continue to pressurize them until u get your thing and if u finally get here please try to change to schools nearby like in NJ cos u aint gonna enjoy schooling in NY.Loads of distraction over there.
Just my opinion though
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2010
HELLO HOUSE, FINALLY SETTLED FOR TUESDAY, JULY 13TH, WELL I WORK, AND WILL BE BREAK BY THAT PERIOD, PLS I WANT TO ASK, MY SCH IS IN MINNESOTA, and my I-20 says that I AM majoring in "Applied Math". the prog is actually "Financial Mathematics" or better still "Master of Financial Mathematics"?
but the sch has this on the programs website:

"Please don't worry about this -- it is correct. Not all major titles are part of the SEVIS system and so sometimes we must assign the closest name possible to your actual major that is a SEVIS choice, in order to issue your I-20."

How much of a big deal in this @ interview, plus my available funds is 39k while total cost is 30kplus on the I-20, this shud be ok
@Seadog, many thanks and wishing u the best oh as ur date draws nearer and nearer
people do let me know what ya think
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2010
DASLEEKY:

HELLO HOUSE, FINALLY SETTLED FOR TUESDAY, JULY 13TH, WELL I WORK, AND WILL BE BREAK BY THAT PERIOD, PLS I WANT TO ASK, MY SCH IS IN MINNESOTA, and my I-20 says that I AM majoring in "Applied Math". the prog is actually "Financial Mathematics" or better still "Master of Financial Mathematics"?
but the sch has this on the programs website:

"Please don't worry about this -- it is correct. Not all major titles are part of the SEVIS system and so sometimes we must assign the closest name possible to your actual major that is a SEVIS choice, in order to issue your I-20."

How much of a big deal in this @ interview, plus my available funds is 39k while total cost is 30kplus on the I-20, this shud be ok
@Seadog, many thanks and wishing u the best oh as your date draws nearer and nearer

Thanks @DASLEEKY,am doin my countdown gradually for dat day,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2010
DASLEEKY:

HELLO HOUSE, FINALLY SETTLED FOR TUESDAY, JULY 13TH,  WELL I WORK, AND WILL BE BREAK BY THAT PERIOD,  PLS I WANT TO ASK,  MY SCH IS IN MINNESOTA,  and my I-20 says that I AM majoring in "Applied Math". the prog is actually "Financial Mathematics" or better still "Master of Financial Mathematics"?
   but  the sch has this on the programs website:

How much of a big deal in this @ interview,  plus my available funds is 39k while total cost is 30kplus on the I-20,  this shud be ok
@Seadog, many thanks and wishing u the best oh as your date draws nearer and nearer

Please how did you resolve the issue? I am getting the exact same message now. Sad thing is that I had already booked an appointment but embassy emailed me ans said I had to cancel and re-book since my case type said renewal when it is actually "regular".
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by amitagep: 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2010
Let us help you secure visa interview date with the US embassy.
email: info@amitagepartners.com or
Call Leke 08055269015
Our fee is moderate
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 4:02pm On Jun 08, 2010
Issue resolved. Appointment booked. Thanks all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Kenzema(m): 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2010
amitage.p:

Let us help you secure visa interview date with the US embassy.
email: info@amitagepartners.com or
Call Leke 08055269015
Our fee is moderate

I dont knw why anyone who's comin here to study needs to consult u in other to fill a common form,submit and print online.

Mayb you should patronize your family and friends for your business.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bypassit: 8:27am On Jun 09, 2010
I will like to know if its not late to apply for for a student visa in any school in US for the september, anyone should please let me know,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nwaoma009: 1:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
hello people pls i need a very serious help. I went for an interview last yr nov, and i was rejected because the consular said i applied to only 1 school. i will be going to another interview next month 16th july @ Abuja. i fully know that am going to be asked why i was rejected the ist time and the improvement i have done towards that. pls i want your guys to help me with the questions because i was not well loaded that last yr. My school is Voorhees College in south carolina. pls help me with question and how i should go about it. Thanks alot
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
nwaoma009:

hello people pls i need a very serious help. I went for an interview last yr nov, and i was rejected because the consular said i applied to only 1 school. i will be going to another interview next month 16th july @ Abuja. i fully know that am going to be asked why i was rejected the ist time and the improvement i have done towards that. pls i want your guys to help me with the questions because i was not well loaded that last yr. My school is Voorhees College in south carolina. pls help me with question and how i should go about it. Thanks alot

I will advice you to apply to other schools and print out the mails sent to each other,even if the time frame for applying had elapsed,because this question will surely be asked again,and this time,you need to show them that you really worked on other schools not only on words of mouth but with proof,and try as much as possible to go through this thread from the very first page, cos almost everybody that got their visa here never applied to only one school.2,3,4 etc.

Good-luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by khunleah: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
seadog406:

I will advice you to apply to other schools and print out the mails sent to each other,even if the time frame for applying had elapsed,because this question will surely be asked again,and this time,you need to show them that you really worked on other schools not only on words of mouth but with proof,and try as much as possible to go through this thread from the very first page, cos almost everybody that got their visa here never applied to only one school.2,3,4 etc.

Good-luck
@seadog406, nice1
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
bebure:

Please how did you resolve the issue? I am getting the exact same message now. Sad thing is that I had already booked an appointment but embassy emailed me ans said I had to cancel and re-book since my case type said renewal when it is actually "regular".

@bebure, what message r u getting? what r u trying to do exactly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.