Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,576 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Your Views On Interracial Dating - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Views On Interracial Dating (3183 Views)

Interracial Relationships - Somalis + Caribbean And Somalis + Other Africans / Leaving My Wife For Another Woman: Your Views / Interracial Dating & Marriage ("Jungle Fever") (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Sista(f): 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2006
@segun11

Sista,

How is Oakland these days? I used to live there when I was in Berkeley schooling. Take care,

If you know Oakland, you know that it does not endure much changes. I love it here though.

Not staying forever however. In 4 years I am out of here.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by ono(m): 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2006
I guess this depends largely on your taste as a person. Compatibility will likely play a great role here.

Besides, I have noticed that over the years, peope who are widely traveled tends to go into interracial marriages than those who don't. But I guess in the end, love's the principal thing.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Eiregirl(f): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2007
@SvS
Hey, good for you. I'm Irish & my boyfriend's Nigerian cheesy
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by MILITIA(f): 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2007
@Flying dut

Oh booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooy!  Na you dey for that picture?  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by mddude(m): 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2007
Interacial dating? I have had my fair share. I actually loved it one time. I have dated across racial boundaries and I found it interesting. Not sure fi I will marry other races though but I never had any problem dating other races. My best experience was with a Latino girl during my brief work in LA. Gosh! she is the most homely girl I have ever met. Her parents are from Argentina - funny enough my worst experience na naija babes (but I still love una sha). I am an equal opportunity fucker/dater (EOF/D) but when it comes to commitment other factors might come into play!
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by MILITIA(f): 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2007
md_dude:

Interacial dating? My best experience was with a Latino girl during my brief work in LA. Gosh!  my worst experience na naija babes (but I still love una sha). when it comes to commitment other factors might come into play!

Thank you bo!  You have said it all!  Wetin Naija people sabi?  And them can make noise!  Please date interracially and then if you choose to marry your home buddy for cultural reasons or whatever, you ladies will have gained the experience of "bedmatics" instead of laying there like a logs of wood playing some "disgusting and irritating secondary virgin"! grin  The guys will also learn to take a shower and wipe their butts clean before crawling into the bed!  When wahala comes into your marriage you will go and start sleeping in church for help --fasting and praying only to loose more weight, become less attractive with your bloody scarves or even start looking like AIDS victims!  Nonsense!
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by teeirl: 7:15pm On Jun 26, 2007
Oh my god what the hell is wrong with all you people in here LOVE SEES NO COLOUR, Im a white girl and have been datin black guys for the past 10 years ok some comments do be made but hey these comments come from uneducated and ignorant people which there seems to be a few on here. Ive an absolutely GORGEOUS mixed race daughter who catches the eye of every person not bcoz of her colour but how stunnin she is (who was made from a BLACK man and a WHITE woman) ! I've been to Nigeria and got a very warm welcome there from people but then there is those silly uneducated women who think we are stealing their men but ladies they come to us coz u are all too MATERIALISTIC and love to you is the things they can buy you and money they give you, grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by MILITIA(f): 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2007
@teeirl

Don't be offended please!  Nothing wrong with biracial dating! When it gets to marriage---that is a dfferent ball game!  Let my brother introduce himself to some white folk in Alabama or Upstate New York as your future husband and see the "hell" both of you will catch!  Look, we know the deal and I personally will not put up with the social abuses of interracial marriages! It is fun to date, but marriage---no way!  I like to eat my stockfish and ishi-ewu without someone disrespectfully spraying airfreshner all over my house! I do not like noodles and gummy bears!

So bottom line!  It is a matter of preference---no disrespect intended! grin

teeirl:

Oh my god what the hell is wrong with all you people in here LOVE SEES NO COLOUR, I'm a white girl and have been datin black guys for the past 10 years ok some comments do be made but hey these comments come from uneducated and ignorant people which there seems to be a few on here. Ive an absolutely GORGEOUS mixed race daughter who catches the eye of every person not because of her colour but how stunnin she is (who was made from a BLACK man and a WHITE woman) ! I've been to Nigeria and got a very warm welcome there from people but then there is those silly uneducated women who think we are stealing their men but ladies they come to us because u are all too MATERIALISTIC and love to you is the things they can buy you and money they give you, grin grin grin grin

Sure!  No problems with that!  LOVE SEES NO COLOR?  Sorry oh!  My love wears "bi-focals" at all times!  Why has the Nigerian guy not married you?  We are simply terrified of that interracial nonsense from both sides and life is just too short for that kind of adventure!  kiss  Just have all the fun you can while it lasts and take care of your beautiful daughter!
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by teeirl: 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2007
@militia

Maybe in the U.S they have a different view on inter racial marriages but here in Ireland it isnt all bad. 2 of my friends are married to Nigerian guys and nobody sprays air freshner in their houses we all go there to eat the African food they cook, wink wink But hey if you want to introduce your brother as my future husband i dont mind and i promise i wont spray air freshner when i come to your house, wink grin Who cares the hell or trouble you will catch or meet LOVE can overcome all this. I had an elderly man call my daughter a nigger but i for certain would not wish to change her colour bcoz of some small minded uneducated people and likewise i will not stop dating black men bcoz of the same people either,
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by MILITIA(f): 7:54pm On Jun 26, 2007
@teeirl

Ireland is only a small part of the world and we all cannot move to Ireland to find genuine harmony in inter racial marriages right? We all have our strengths and weaknesses! My love can definitely not withstand that type of abuse. The last thing I will do is to subject my children to such cruelty in this world! Like I said--Power to you and keep up your good work! Life is just too freaking short for some kinds of hassles! To prove what kind of love? Naaaaaaaaaaaa! I will pass! Over hear in America, people can be very disrespectful, especially to children! I say I pass! grin
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by mddude(m): 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2007
MILITIA:

Thank you bo! You have said it all! Wetin Naija people sabi? And them can make noise! Please date interracially and then if you choose to marry your home buddy for cultural reasons or whatever, you ladies will have gained the experience of "bedmatics" instead of laying there like a logs of wood playing some "disgusting and irritating secondary virgin"! grin The guys will also learn to take a shower and wipe their butts clean before crawling into the bed! When wahala comes into your marriage you will go and start sleeping in church for help --fasting and praying only to loose more weight, become less attractive with your bloody scarves or even start looking like AIDS victims! Nonsense!

It is sad that a lot of Nigerian girls are not even trying to enjoying their dating life - I mean go out there and mix and date different races especially in the US. Like I said, marriage is a different matter entirely but there is nothing as meeting and hanging out and learn from close quarters what other people do. I took time to actually date (and of course sleep) with different girls of different races, background and from different countries and continents. I understand their sensibilities and their cultures. I think I will settle down with a Nigerian girl when I am ready actuallyand not because I dont have a wide range of options - it is just easier and I like the easy way out always, lol. But really, Nigerian girls are really missing out not dating across racial or cultural lines especially brothers from other african countries. I dated a girl from Botswana and some west african countries (thanks to Club zanzibar) and I still wonder why naija girls get so much drama! lol. By the way, my game never reach ethiopian girls, those girls are worse than naija babes in term of them clanishness - they hardly date non-ethiopians and they are so fooooooooinee! Please anyone know any ethiopian girl that likes a brother please hook me up - I wanna know how an ethiopian girl scream in amharic grin
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Sista(f): 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2007
@teeirl

Oh my god what the hell is wrong with all you people in here LOVE SEES NO COLOUR,

This is the most idiotic white propaganda that keeps being handed down. Does love see ugly? If the black men you date were ugly, poor and homeless, you wouldn't bother to look at their hearts. Maybe you would still consider their Di-- tongue but you wouldn't defend them as you do in terms of interracial dating and marriage. The truth is, love sees what it wants to see and what it sees can be a lie or the truth. Also lust sees what it wants to see weather it is the truth or a lie.

As far as love between a man and a woman goes, it is a different degree of love, not the lame love you describe.

I'm a white girl and have been datin black guys for the past 10 years

Why is that not suprising? Bottom line, you white women love black men more than you do white men and the white man is your father, brother uncle etc. You white women gave birth to and raised the white men you now turn your back on. Don't misconstrue the love I mentioned for true love. Believe me, I understand, the white man is the most boring and unattractive man on earth so I understand what you are going through. However, you are the white mans counterpart so that makes you just as unimportant as he is. shocked

Weather you realize it or not, you are not color blind. Your color blind theory is only a ridiculous, not well thought out, justification, for screwing and having a baby by a black man just because you think having his child will keep him around and let us not forget, you wanted you a brown baby you could not produce with out a black seed. If you were really color blind as you say claim you are, tell us about the white men you dated in the past ten years? Tell us about the Asian men you dated in the past ten years? Tell us about the Hispanic men you opened your self up to date in the past ten years? Why is it only the black man you mentioned in your ten year dating that makes you color blind to love? The love you express is lame, you don't know what love really is. I love my father as well as other men in my family but hell, I don't want to procreate with them.

ok some comments do be made but hey these comments come from uneducated and ignorant people which there seems to be a few on here.

I hope you are including your self?

Ive an absolutely GORGEOUS mixed race daughter who catches the eye of every person not because of her colour but how stunnin she is (who was made from a BLACK man and a WHITE woman) !

Stunnin and GORGEOUS! What a choice of words to be used in describing your daughter. What? She could not have been as stunning or GORGEOUS if she were made by a black man and black woman? Verses being made by a "BLACK man an a WHITE woman" as you made clear to state and put the colors in all caps.

I've been to Nigeria and got a very warm welcome there from people but then there is those silly uneducated women who think we are stealing their men but ladies they come to us because u are all too MATERIALISTIC and love to you is the things they can buy you and money they give you,

Come to us? Who, white women? What you just said was a racist thing to say and it was quite taunting and ignorant. You don't sound as if you are really with black men for any other reason outside of the fact that he can't do any better with his natural black counterpart and so you volunteer to become second to the best. What are exactly you trying to prove? undecided

I understand, once you have had it black, you will never go back. Whatever it takes to get your point across, you don't care what you say. wink

[b]
Who could be more materialstic than the white women and the white man? You people stole everything you have to show for and you stole much of that from Africa and African people. [/b]Please, stop pretending to be ignorant to that fact. African people just want a quality of life just like any normal human being would want but as a white women who is competing to keep her self a black man, you have to put down the competition. Let me tell you something. The competition is false. One of the many reasons being due to the fact that everything about white people in history and present is a lie. If not for Africa, Europe and Europeans would be nothing and there would be no America but where do we read that truth at in our history books written by white people?

If a Nigerian woman wants to have what a white woman has, she is by right entitled to have it. After all, it was her land and people that was robbed by the people (White people) who now profit from past and present exploitation of Africa and African people.

If you knew your history and you were not as ignorant as you accused the people in this topic to be, you would acknowledge that it is your people who put Nigeria in the present state that it is currently in and this was done under the guise of "Democracy". Nigerian women would like for their men to provide for them, nothing is wrong with that. On the other hand, with your being white, your forefathers and your present fathers made sure that as long as you have white skin, at the expense of black people, you would always have your lively provisions for as long as you live. If the black men you date need a vacation from the struggles they have as a black man, you would be the perfect escape route. The love you think you experience with them is nothing but lust fueled by escapism. The love is not real. As one of the sista's said, why haven't any of those black men married you? I am sure you will come back with some BS to back that question up with.

Who cares the hell or trouble you will catch or meet LOVE can overcome all this.

This is the problem you white people have, you connect love to total sacrifice. True love to you is total sacrafice but not on your white behalf. For a black person to show he is not a racist towards white people, he has to be willing to sacrafice his life in the name of that evil word "Racism" He or she has to die to prove that he loves white people. I can't tell you how many black men were lynched for walking down the street with a white woman or so called "wreckless eyeballing" a white woman. Why would a woman who claims to love a man be caught walking down the street with a man who can be killed for being with her? Especially if she claims she loves him? White woman are so insecure that it makes them selfish. They don't have a problem with a man risking his life for them. Is that really love? Sounds sadist to me. Then again, who else would know better how to play the role of a sadist outside of white people? Just look at history and follow it up to the present.

Let me tell you something, I don't care how materialistic Nigerian women are, you will never as a white woman, have anything on a black woman accept for maybe your provisions and your willingness to cock your legs and mouth open at the site of a huge black ----!

Have you ever heard of settling for less? Deep down, a black man will always prefer a black woman. wink
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by teeirl: 7:37am On Jun 29, 2007
@sista

Thanks for your well thoughtout and put together reply. Firstly i described my daughter as STUNNING because it is exactly what she is and i highlighted black and white as it is the mix of the two races that has her so STUNNING looking, Its your government that has made Nigeria what it is as they are greedy and corrupt so dont be trying to point the finger of blame elsewhere. You mentioned why did the Nigerian guy not marry me what makes you think i want to be married cant you co habit and live a good family life without been married ? MY personal preference is Black thats why i did not mention other races but i have family and friends that have married white and there is no problem i have friends that date indians and there is no problem and then others that dat Black so therefore Love see no colour. If your partner treats you good regardless of the colour of his skin well then what the hell is the problem dating outside of your own race. I have had silly taunts thrown at me for dating black men but as i said it comes from uneducated and ignorant people (balck and white people, ) But why should i change the perference of what i like bcoz it bothers others NEVER, You also said that balck men will prefer black women maybe but not all of them alot of my male black friends said the could never go back to a black woman after experiencing relationships with a white lady so as it is a matter of PERSONAL PREFERENCE,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Have a nice day now, wink wink
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Sista(f): 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2007
@teeirl

Thanks for your well thoughtout and put together reply.

Your welcome grin

Firstly i described my daughter as STUNNING because it is exactly what she is and i highlighted black and white as it is the mix of the two races that has her so STUNNING looking,

As I said you were in fact saying. wink

She could not have been that Stunning and Gorgeous if her parents were not a white woman and a black man verses her being pure black. Thank you for making that even more so abundantly clear. wink

Its your government that has made Nigeria what it is as they are greedy and corrupt so don't be trying to point the finger of blame elsewhere.

It was the greedy white colonizers who stole from Nigeria for several as they practiced direct rule in the name of democracy and when they left they attached a financial debt to Nigeria that would never be able to be repaid. How you gonna give the people you stole from a debt to pay because now they are forced to try and keep up with the corrupt system(westernization) you yourself invented? It is easy to tell a child not to take candy from the candy jar but if you leave the candy jar unattended, that child is someday going to try and steal a piece of candy. Falling into temptation is normal especially if you have been robbed of everything. If you don't believe me, just ask your white ancestors, better yet, they left enough evidence behind in the history books of how they have gone around the world stealing and creating strife amongst the people they stole from.

You mentioned why did the Nigerian guy not marry me what makes you think i want to be married can't you co habit and live a good family life without been married HuhHuh?

You mean phuck? lets call it what it is. Deep down that is all you want is a good forbidden phuck and that is exactly what you get. You don't really love a black man, you just like the way he makes you feel. You will never be able to totally connect with a black man. Spiritually, Mentally and Emotionally, you will never connect and therefore, the sex is nothing but a fantasy for you and the black men you screw. I have talked with many African men who sya they enjoy sex with a white woman but when I ask them if they connect with the white women they screw, they always say no. Of course testosterone rules over the mans head so he will pleasing over something more fulfilling. Of course over the years he lives to regret such a choice.

Hey, you ever seen any elderly mixed couples? undecided

MY personal preference is Black

I'll bet it is but love sees no color eh? Yet you only seek out relationships with a man who's skin color bares black or brown. undecided

thats why i did not mention other races but i have family and friends that have married white and there is no problem

Why would it be? Your family members are white as well. White on white should be easy. It may be boring but it should be easy. grin

i have friends that date indians and there is no problem and then others that that Black so therefore Love see no colour.

Lust sees no color.

If your partner treats you good regardless of the colour of his skin well then what the hell is the problem dating outside of your own race.

Uh, I see you are not that good of a writer. A ? should have gone at the end of that question. You have many mistakes through your post. Mistakes that a white woman should no better than to make. shocked

Dating is all fun, marriage and procreation is another.

I have had silly taunts thrown at me for dating black men but as i said it comes from uneducated and ignorant people (balck and white people, )

Including yourself. wink

But why should i change the perference of what i like because it bothers others NEVER,

Why do you prefer a black man? Just keep it real. Tell us what is it about a black man that you love so much?

You also said that balck men will prefer black women maybe but not all of them alot of my male black friends said the could never go back to a black woman after experiencing relationships with a white lady so as it is a matter of PERSONAL PREFERENCE,

Like I said, love sees what it wants to see and it can see the truth or a lie. If it sees a lie that can't be true love don't you think? The black men tell you what they know you want to hear. If they were truly happy with you and you are not insecure, why would a conversation about them never going back to a black woman ever come up? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by spoilt(f): 1:36am On Jul 09, 2007
to me love knows no color and no boundaries. last time i checked you can date and marry who you want.
some people are irked that others may tend more towards a particular race of men or women for cultural, financial or career reasons plus sexual reasons. its allowed. they have found a strategy that works for them. mind your business.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Eiregirl(f): 8:13pm On Jul 09, 2007
@ spoilt

I couldn't have said it better myself! wink Thank god there are open minded people left in the world!
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by k0be: 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2007
interracial dating ooooo maaaaaah goodness.
ain't nothing worse than seeing a black woman getting laid by the opressor. lipsrsealed
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by flakylady(f): 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2007
well, i personally have been married to an english (white) guy for a year now, we've been together 9 years altogether. we were at school together and have known each other since we were 13. we've had no problems from our families and although i didn't set out to marry a a non-nigerian, i can't think of anyone in the world who would suit me better. we know each other inside out, we're always there for one another and he's my best friend as well as my soulmate. luckily we've never had any insults from anyone, and to be honest our happiness far outweighs anyone else's opinion.

so i would say i have a very positive view on interracial dating! no matter which races are involved.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by sanrima(f): 9:10am On Jul 10, 2007
there is nothing wrong with interacial dating, it,s just dat the stress is too much on both parties.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Eiregirl(f): 11:13am On Jul 10, 2007
@ flakylady

I'm so happy to hear it from the other side! It's brilliant to hear it's all going so well. grin Good luck for a happy life together wink
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by amaikama(m): 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2007
they say white girls are more romantic than black. well, just waiting to get one white lady and see how romantic they can be. grin
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Gamine(f): 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2007
when i was younger i wanted to marry a white

now, i cant stand em, i aint racist but , its just that way

i dont reli lyk seeing inter racial couples but i guess it works sometimes
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by hamzlolly(f): 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2007
Ok herez ma opinion. I think itz absolutely pointless, disgusting, ew ew ew. no offense though.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Leilah(f): 1:04am On Aug 09, 2007
As much as I am happy in my marriage when I see a white lady and a black man walking along the street I am NOT happy for them. I tend to be of the view that most of these marriage were not genuine ones in the first place attack me all you like but this is the stark reality of it. They may be in love but its not true love. I often see myself as being truly in love becuase I love my partner for who he is not because I prefer black men. I knew what I was getting myself into and I proceeded. I do not regret it though. It just aggravates me to see all this 'my nigerian boyfriend' shit believe me so why is he only your boyfriend? naija men don't respect childbearing outside of marriage due to their strong cultural and moral values but if it suits them they will. When it comes to the time when a nigerian man wants to settle, he usually will settle with a woman from his own country who will treat him like a king and let him do what he likes (as a man) you forget we western ladies can only put up with a certain amount of crap. There is so many cultural barriers that makes it not practical for a black man to marry a white woman. Have you ever seen a naija doctor marry a white lady? hell no you don't. I entered into an interracial marriage knowing the barriers and yes my family did go crazy but still I went to nigeria and proved I love my husband for who he is. There is always something in the bottom of my heart its like a frog in my throat sometimes. It upsets me to think there are so many barriers. I have crossed many of them and I am always the one to raise any issues/misunderstanding but thankfully with compromise we overcome it. I however do think at the end of the day one must give up their own culture in order to satifsy the other, I have had to do that but its all been worth it. wink

There is beauty in every race you just need to explore it.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by JustGood(m): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2007
Hopefully, these inter-racial couples will come back here in 4 or 5 years' time to tell us what happened to their marriages.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Sista(f): 7:27pm On Jan 16, 2008
Leilahs entire post didn't make any sense at all. It sounded like one contradiction after contradiction.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 16, 2008
Hmm. I've nothing against interracial relationships / marriages, whatever works for them.

But for me, it'll have to be a black woman, more specifically, a Nigerian black woman.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by adeboo(f): 10:31pm On Jan 16, 2008
I am not against it.
But personally, i wanna marry someone that is from ma side of the world that we speak the same language, have the same culture and understand and have the same sense of humor.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by Sista(f): 12:13am On Jan 17, 2008
For me it would have to be a black man. I would like for him to be African American because we share the exact same struggles but a black man from any where on the map would do me good. I have dated a Nigerian, Malian, South African, Congolese and of Course many African American men. The only difference in my opinion is where all these men came from and how where they came from affects how they treat a woman. For the most part, they all felt as though I should be more obedient. tongue

The Nigerians blatant altered ego was, I am king.

The Malians Altered ego was kind of twisted. One minute praying to Allah and then the next minute lying his azz off about everything.

The South Africans altered ego was co- dependency.

The Congolese mans altered ego was, to play innocent, and in distress while in- directly and attempting to co hearse the woman to do all those things to him he had heard American women do.

Last but not least, the AA mans altered ego was, to always be ahead. In other words keep a spare woman no matter what. Insecure.

The above is not a blanket statement it's just my opinion based on experience.
Re: Your Views On Interracial Dating by uspry1(f): 5:36am On Jan 17, 2008
I have nothing to against it. I have experienced dating white guys in the past as well as my cousins does dating interracially and still going to our family reunion, NO ONE ARE AGAINST IT!

Unless if white guy who grew up in the black project like Bronx, Detroit, New Orleans, Chicago, and any large black population major cities in the USA, i would date/marry him but i strongly prefer black man, specifically strong southern country well-educated, well-endowed guy.

I never have a chance to date someone who is Southern country guy! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anything Wrong In Dating A Girl 10 Years Younger Than You? / Ways To Avoid Men? / 10 Ways To Melt A Woman's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.