Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,182 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. (51388 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Primary School, Classroom In Edo With Cattle (Photos) / Pupils Write On Blocks In A Classroom In FCT Abuja / See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Matthew95(m): 10:06am On Jun 27, 2015
Before We Forget History: Tinubu CV Vs Saraki CV by stelaar (m ): 8:22am I find it funny that people easily forget and wonder why Bukola Saraki shouldnt be a force to reckon with. He in his own right can match Tinubu pound for Pound as regards political office, experience and godfatherism. Tinubu profile vs Sarakis Profile As Governors Tinubu : Lagos state governor 1999-2007 (two terms) Saraki : Kwara state governor 2003-2011 (two terms) As Senators Tinubu : Senator 1992 Saraki: Senator 2011-date Home state influence Tinubu : Installed successor and lawmakers Saraki : Also installed successor and lawmakers Educational Experince Tinubu : Account Saraki: Medical Doctor Addition to Saraki's expericence - SA to former president obasanjo on budget 2000 -Former Chairman Governors forum. And people expect this man to bow to Tinubu Please what does Tinubu want to show or impress saraki with to demand control on him? 141 Likes 1

1 Like

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:

Source : http://streetgist.com/omg-you-need-to-see-this-photos-from-a-classroom-in-kano-state/

YOU EVEN PUT YOUR NAME, AND THE DISTRICT YOU DEY SERVE undecided THANK GOD SAY THEM NO DEY KIDNAPPED FOR NORTH.

BE SECURITY WISE SOMETIMES NA. IF THEM COME CATCH YOU FOR BLASPHEMY NOW,
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Dollyak(f): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2015
sonofananimal:

WITH YOUR MOUSTACHES MOUTH, HAVE YOU GONE TO SOME NORTHERN STATE? ALMOST EVERY IN THE WORLD HAVE SOME RURAL AREA WHICH IS NOT WELL DEVELOP.

SO KEEP THAT IDEOLOGY TO YOURSELF,

SPIDER MONKEY
You guys are no better than rat. Admit it grin. I haven't been to the north and don't intend to go to that shitt-hole. Get off my mentions you rat.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by conyema12(m): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2015
Northerners has enslaved their people. You can imagine
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by queensmith: 10:08am On Jun 27, 2015
I don't think the Nigerian govt has ever provided furniture. That responsibility is passed to the students. Bull s#t inno but one can never expect much from the Nigerian govt
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by readone1(m): 10:08am On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:

Source : http://streetgist.com/omg-you-need-to-see-this-photos-from-a-classroom-in-kano-state/
my opinion
I think you should conceal your identity when whistleblowing
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by AsanwaKC(f): 10:08am On Jun 27, 2015
op....i advice you change location ASAP...
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by crisycent: 10:09am On Jun 27, 2015
Nothing out of the ordinary
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by mek2002(m): 10:10am On Jun 27, 2015
When I did my youth service in Tanglang, Billiri L.G.A, Gombe State, I met a situation that was worse than this. The classrooms were dusty. The floor was ordinary sand. I took it as my CDS. Luckily, the Director of science and technology, Gombe State was from that community. I contacted him. I constituted a project committee and allowed the community to select representatives.
We did fund raising and put the structure in place. It was a block of 2 classrooms, 2 staff rooms and a store. We did the flooring, plastering and the painting of both inside and outside of the block.
Finally, my name was boldly written on the wall as the corper who completed the building. Though I won a state award and was nominated for national award, but the national award I did not get. It wasn't about the award but it is about creating impact in people. It is about putting smiles on someone's face. It's about leaving a good foot print.
My dear corper, it's not just about taking the photographs and posting them here. You can make a difference. It doesn't matter the tribe. I am an Igbo man, I did this in the north eastern part of the country. You too can do it.

3 Likes

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by mickyarams: 10:11am On Jun 27, 2015
I really weep for this country.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by AUWAL999: 10:11am On Jun 27, 2015
Kenai:
The same Kwankwaso idiiot was hoping to become president.
What a progressive classroom! cool
Kwankwaso is best governor in nigeria you like it or not and command secondary school belong to federal gov not state ma brother...

1 Like

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Okeikpu(m): 10:12am On Jun 27, 2015
Op ds ur eyes be like person way smoke gbanaa grin abi u took one?
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by chux5351(m): 10:13am On Jun 27, 2015
I thought Kano is the heart of the North
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by damiloladuke: 10:13am On Jun 27, 2015
2bad
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by fizzile(m): 10:13am On Jun 27, 2015
IF YOU LIKE NO HOLD YOURSELF THERE. U NO KNOW SAY NA STRANGE PLACE YOU DEY. ANYBODY SEND YOU? NA WEN U PUT URSELF FOR TROUBLE U GO KNOW HOWFAR. YOU NO GO DO YOUR SERVICE COMOT THERE.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by toluine56(m): 10:14am On Jun 27, 2015
The yabatech own was aired on CNN i guess
Sad as it may, its for the betterment of Nigerian students as the Govt at various levels would be forced to perform their duties.. Nansense
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by money121(m): 10:14am On Jun 27, 2015
Ernieman:
Is d Corps member an Arabic Tutor? I Don't gerrit

yes
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by kennynelcon(m): 10:16am On Jun 27, 2015
Can't they buy lockers?

We mustn't wait for govt
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Aitee1: 10:16am On Jun 27, 2015
Tbillz:
buji local government. yayarin tukur to be precise. U are a lady so u guys were given special treatment.

Nothing like special treatment oh, I was just lucky to be posted to a town, all my female friends were posted to thick villages, under which zone is buji please?
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 27, 2015
Dollyak:

You guys are no better than rat. Admit it grin. I haven't been to the north and don't intend to go to that shitt-hole. Get off my mentions you rat.

APE IN THE MAKING.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by ajja: 10:17am On Jun 27, 2015
ok
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by M4gunners: 10:17am On Jun 27, 2015
Chaii but our politicians are wicked sha.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by boxypane(m): 10:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Wen yansh start to dey pain dem now, dem go talk say Western Education no good o.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Another day....another funding of education thread.

Look.....the government runs too many schools....and funding all those schools is not going to be easy....especially as the money from oil is falling. (We are even now selling at discount. Ouch.).

If you want to see an end to students sitting on the floor....either states like Kano privatize the schools, increase school fees (yes...what's wrong with paying N35000 per annum....if your kids get to sit on proper chairs and desks?!)......or privatize the universities and divert funds to primary and secondary schools.....or call the Islamic and Christian missionaries.

Or the Northern state governors organizes Muslims and Christians to do special prayer.....that God raises the price of Brent Crude to $140 per barrel. grin

1 Like

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Eureka123(f): 10:19am On Jun 27, 2015
Bluetooth2:

This guy wanted to look like a hero but didn't consider his own security. You are Ibo, you went to hausaland to snap a pciture ? shocked shocked

You put your name and your selfie shocked shocked this is how corpers were killed in Bauchi because they snapped the pictures of underaged voters. If you survive this, don't try it next time.

This type of school exist almost in every states in Nigeria so playing hero as if it exist only in Kano is not only hypocritic but also stupid.

SMH for you. Did he mention anywhere in his post that it's only in Kano? This is why Nigeria isn't making fast progress. When a person who is spotting out the wrongs he has seen around him does so, he's to be stoned!

Probably if he were in Enugu or Bayelsa or Osun, he would have done same. So what's this about "playing hero"??

If everybody pays blind eyes and deaf ears to anomalies around us, how do we help the government point out the defects and institute change??

1 Like

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Tbillz(m): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2015
Aitee1:

Nothing like special treatment oh, I was just lucky to be posted to a town, all my female friends were posted to thick villages, under which zone is buji please?
that shows my village then was thicker... ... . Dutse zone
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Okeikpu(m): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2015
It's normal in Awusaland.... Op were u surprise, whats the difference between dem n namas? Don't 4get dat Buhari ur so called president ws trained n brought up dat way.. nd then ain't noffing like skul uniform smiley unclad tuff.....
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by boxypane(m): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
So u took a classie.

As a corper you've gotta raise funds to seat that class as part of your community devp. Don't ask me how undecided
They can do dat via c.d.s initiatives or raise personal funds for a personal project.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Abbey2sam(m): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2015
It's so unfortunate, I finished my secondary school education in that school, as at 2006(that was when I graduated ) things were not like this, even though the school was backward

I live in that same barrack for 6 yrs, sad to see how the school has deteriorated

1 Like

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 27, 2015
First class should be "how to fabric a bench or chair"! Can't be that difficult. You don't need big funds for that!!
Problem solution skills, taking own destiny at hand, taking responsibility...most important skills in life to teach those kids!

Why do people always look at others or the government to change their situation?
If you really wanna get rid of the negative effects of colonization, start deciding your own future and don't wait for someone else to tell you what to do or how to do it!

What is irresponsible of the government is sending corpers to teach kids things they often dont have a clue about themselves. Besides, they lack proper pedagogic skills and motivation. It is a very crappy basis for the future school career and one of the basic reasons why a nigerian certificate makes little sense elsewhere in the world. Nigerian has known way better times when it comes to quality of education...

Instead of the OP posting class selfies...he could as well have set up a crowd funding project, contacted a wood worker, mobilized the community, set up a plan and take steps for change...and posted his progress as an example on NL to inspire others to do the same...*just thinking
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by repogirl(f): 10:25am On Jun 27, 2015
If our present leader of today cannot show common certificate, the our future leaders of tomorrow should also not be concerned about it.

God help this nation.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 27, 2015
Eureka123:

SMH for you. Did he mention anywhere in his post that it's only in Kano? This is why Nigeria isn't making fast progress. When a person who is spotting out the wrongs he has seen around him does so, he's to be stoned!

Probably if he were in Enugu or Bayelsa or Osun, he would have done same. So what's this about "playing hero"??

If everybody pays blind eyes and deaf ears to anomalies around us, how do we help the government point out the anomalies and institute change??

What good has he done when he has made himself known to the world ? Sit down there and pretend you don't know how the average almajiris react when they hear this type of news.

He exposed himself for what virtually exists in every part of the country. So what exactly is the big deal here that warranted him exposing his identity ? He could have atleast hide his identity . Darn it !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mentally Challenged Man Helps Students To Solve Their Assignments In Adamawa / Female Student Dies In The ATBU Bauchi Bridge Collapse (Photos) / Pay Your Third Term School Fees, FG Tells Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.