Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. (51377 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Primary School, Classroom In Edo With Cattle (Photos) / Pupils Write On Blocks In A Classroom In FCT Abuja / See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Eureka123(f): 10:49am On Jun 27, 2015
Bluetooth2:

I wasn't judgmental but only concerned about his security. If I had to do this kind of stuff, I would build a good alibi for myself.

Alright.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Okeikpu(m): 10:50am On Jun 27, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I did my NYSC in the South East.

Many schools in the rural areas are poorly equipped like that Hausa school.And they do not have enough teachers.(NYSC literally supplies teachers to the rural schools).

The problem is that your state governments run too many schools. For that....I blame Gowon....who took over mission schools, built a lot more....and forgot that when you take on burdens....you better have the means to sustain them.

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by TheAdvocate(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2015
lawanson44:
So Kwankwashiooo has students sitting on the bare floor in school and yet he spent billions in building flyover bridge that still collapsed and killed people plus a private university?

Anyway, it's Kano...boko haram state. Please I want to see pictures of classrooms in Daura.

Its a Nigeria Army school. Don't abuse Kwankwaso.

1 Like

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Tbillz(m): 10:53am On Jun 27, 2015
Aitee1:

Sorry about that, i was in hadejia, the town was a bit okay except the harsh weather till tthe crises set in and I experienced the violent nature of those people that left trauma in me till date.
hadeja is a better town, i was there once and i love it.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
So u took a classie.

As a corper you've gotta raise funds to seat that class as part of your community devp. Don't ask me how undecided
for what kwanu, how much is he payed for the fruitless 1 year of service, and what did the big mouthed Kwankwaso do before he left as the Governor.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Gorimakpa1: 10:58am On Jun 27, 2015
UnknownT:
This guy don buy job, and he has to tell us his name and show his face? Wait till the Army officer incharge of the school hears/sees this news, with NYSC support you will be sanctioned
why? sanctioned for what? do you like the way the kids are been treated....what message are they trying to pass to them by subjecting them to this condition? how to be brute, wild, dont tell me it will teach them to be humble. this was how pupils sat down to learn in the 1800s and the early 1900s. you still want pupils whether from poor or gutter backgrounds to still be sitting on thr floor to learn in this 21st century? common theres suppose to be massive departure and improvement from the past for example AC in classrooms.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by 9jatatafo(m): 10:59am On Jun 27, 2015
No western education, they want it their way. OP you can rub mind the principal to tell every student to come with his or her desk after all we did it then in secondary school.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by gentleowo(m): 11:00am On Jun 27, 2015
ijbeauty:
Only in nigeria.....

Its almost like this is every govt owned schools, not just North alone.
Not in my AKWA IBOM STATE
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by hansad: 11:00am On Jun 27, 2015
Why disgrace these ones that agreed to go to s school by showing their faces in bad light in public?

Kano governors, more so, the last, think more of sharia criminal codes for all of Nigeria than education for Kano youths.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Menace2Society(m): 11:01am On Jun 27, 2015
sagr:
Na em u come use d opportunity take a selfie(classfie) to show us ur ugly nose..issoukay continou..pls help dem use ur allawee buy chairs for the classrooms..dats a gap u need to fill as part of ur contribution to d nation..u can do a community development project by donating chairs to d said skul as part of ur CDS..
undecided
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Gorimakpa1: 11:01am On Jun 27, 2015
Eureka123:

Alright.
the guy has guts and huge mind! ....these are the kind of people we need in business and as leaders
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Aitee1: 11:03am On Jun 27, 2015
Tbillz:
hadeja is a better town, i was there once and i love it.

Yeah it is but they're very violent.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Many of the schools in rural Biafra are just as bad too.(as are many rural parts of greater Nigeria...and the cities).

The problem is your govt runs too many schools....and you Nigerians expect to go to them for free.

Why are private schools better than public schools...Because if you pay high class fees....you get high class education.

I have been to some rural Places, at least in my state, the thief renovated all state owned schools.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by IGBOSON1: 11:05am On Jun 27, 2015
mek2002:
When I did my youth service in Tanglang, Billiri L.G.A, Gombe State, I met a situation that was worse than this. The classrooms were dusty. The floor was ordinary sand. I took it as my CDS. Luckily, the Director of science and technology, Gombe State was from that community. I contacted him. I constituted a project committee and allowed the community to select representatives.
We did fund raising and put the structure in place. It was a block of 2 classrooms, 2 staff rooms and a store. We did the flooring, plastering and the painting of both inside and outside of the block.
Finally, my name was boldly written on the wall as the corper who completed the building. Though I won a state award and was nominated for national award, but the national award I did not get. It wasn't about the award but it is about creating impact in people. It is about putting smiles on someone's face. It's about leaving a good foot print.
My dear corper, it's not just about taking the photographs and posting them here. You can make a difference. It doesn't matter the tribe. I am an Igbo man, I did this in the north eastern part of the country. You too can do it.

^^^Hehehehehehe grin grin grin

Good going bros! wink
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by UnknownT: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2015
Gorimakpa1:

why? sanctioned for what? do you like the way the kids are been treated....what message are they trying to pass to them by subjecting them to this condition? how to be brute, wild, dont tell me it will teach them to be humble. this was how pupils sat down to learn in the 1800s and the early 1900s. you still want pupils whether from poor or gutter backgrounds to still be sitting on thr floor to learn in this 21st century? common theres suppose to be massive departure and improvement from the past for example AC in classrooms.
After all you wrote, dont forget this is Nigeria and according to Doyin Okupe, Nigeria has a way of doing things. NYSC will surely read to him a 'by-law' he violated
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 27, 2015
Tbillz:
Olryt seen it... Lemme now take U to Jigawa a worse state
Certainly that is NOT a classroom. The picture was taken during a public event organised by the school.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 27, 2015
money121:
I think is Arabic class

so the students need to sit on ground...

And that is part of sunnah...

Allahu Akbar..

proudly muslim
The said school belong to the Nigerian Army, it has nothing to do with Kano state government.

1 Like

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 27, 2015
Normality:

I have been to some rural Places, at least in my state, the thief renovated all state owned schools.

Which is good...from the thief! smiley

But the palaver is....sustainability.

I went to a private school for primary.My parents were paying through the nose for that school(it is not like we were rich back then!)....but at least we got good chairs and desks to sit on. And at least when the chairs and desks wore out....the school could afford to replace them.

Now your local rural school.....in your village or in Kano .....might get a one off renovation from the local thief. But what happens five years.....when the chairs and desks are spoilt and the new coat and trouser of paint has worn off? (Unless they used Dulux).That is where the problem comes in.

In my opinion,we should be paying fees.Not doing free education. Either that.....or pay heavy duty taxes(as happens in European countries....where they have free education,world class facilities....at the cost of high taxes). Or we privatize the schools.

I tell you, the problem get plenty plenty pikin!
How will this people compete with the Southern part of the country? Tomorrow they will start fighting for quota. #SMH
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Helkayklassic:
North has the highest number of past leaders in this country, and i still wonder why the North is still like this.
Read the post again, the school has nothing to do with the North, it is under the Nigerian Army and we all know the rot in the Army.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by sagr(m): 11:18am On Jun 27, 2015
Treasuredlove:
I lol...but seriously. I dont think those kids want chairs. They will just use it for fire wood
hahahahhaha may be sha..cos most of em na barracks boys
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 27, 2015
Kenai:
The same Kwankwaso idiiot was hoping to become president.
What a progressive classroom! cool
Take it easy bros, the school is under Kano state government.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by stevewale(m): 11:20am On Jun 27, 2015
This is so sad ... That's the school I finished from in year 2000. The uniform used to be white and blue then. I am aslo sure those are SS1 students. It's sad that the situation hasnt change since then.

I don't mind if other alumni of this citadel of learning can join me lets see how we can assist in our own way ... plss sad
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by ChynoBEATS: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2015
INTROVERT:
So u took a classie.

As a corper you've gotta raise funds to seat that class as part of your community devp. Don't ask me how undecided

U again................ Na wetin sef......Ftc all the time
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Spyde(m): 11:28am On Jun 27, 2015
now we all know why nigerians blast and break academic records abroad.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Tbillz(m): 11:30am On Jun 27, 2015
Aitee1:

Yeah it is but they're very violent.
violence is naturally attributed to them. What year was that?
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by money121(m): 11:35am On Jun 27, 2015
darepoju:
wat is dis goat saying...

your father he goat

your mother she goat
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by anonimi: 11:40am On Jun 27, 2015
zekki:
I blv they can help through SUBEB

Then he should write to the SUBEB directly, if he cannot talk to the-

- LGA Supervisory Councillor for Education
- LGA Chairman
- State legislator for the constituency
- Federal House of representative honourable
- Senator

To do the right thing by the state governor, Kwankwaso in this case.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by Blackfire(m): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2015
money121:
I think is Arabic class
so the students need to sit on ground...
And that is part of sunnah...
Allahu Akbar..
proudly muslim
sunnah and common sense which one is better?
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by omaji53jeremiah: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2015
this is typical of Kano state government schools so appalling.
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by menesheh(m): 11:42am On Jun 27, 2015
finemind:

You are not from Northern Nigeria, yet you write [/b]some of the most horrible English I have ever read. Wonder what would have happened if you were actually from Northern Nigeria...... SMH

Am not an English man and English not my first language. Point out those errors so that i will correct it. Thanks for doing that.

BOLDED

you are wrong there.

It should be [b]wrote
Re: See Photos From A Classroom In Kano State. by AMvanquish: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2015
Kenai:
The same Kwankwaso idiiot was hoping to become president.
What a progressive classroom! cool

See how you just exposed your ignorance. What has Army Day secondary school have to do with Kwankwaso. Is the school run by state Govt Or Nigerian army...smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Opinion: These 20 Courses Should Be Scraped From Our Universities / How Private School Owners Are Dubiously Cheating Their Teachers / Mentally Challenged Man Helps Students To Solve Their Assignments In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.