Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) (114691 Views)

Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / Bank Verification Number (BVN) And Crowded Banks (photos) / Bank Verification Number Chaos In Eket(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by ibro2hot(m): 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
I did mine in Access bank and they have sent me my BVN. I later reciv message from my bank (ecobank) that i need to update it in any nearest branch. y can't they link it to my bank?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by richybanky(m): 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
EnnyP:

You don't need the enrol for another BVN. As a matter of fact, you must not. Just submit the BVN in any branch of Unity bank.
Tanx Bro... Am going to do it on Tuesday morning before going for my CDS.
Really appreciateāœŒ
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Xslaze3xd(m): 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:
yes
thanks
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
adeekiti:
I did mine and I was given a code number and the guy told me I'm gonna get a message on phone till now I've gat none o but I did all my thumbprints and registeration
Same with me..u have to go back to the bank with the previous code they gave you..They will thwn issue you your new BVN
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by EnnyP(f): 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
tranxo:
not just any branch, you can do it at any bank. If you have an acct in first bank, you can do it in gtb. When you get the number just go to first bank and submit it

Not just any bank. Any bank where you have an account.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by richybanky(m): 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
hope4nigeria:
exatly my situation, but the guy who did mine told me i was going to recieve a mesage before i come for my card, up till now no mesage
Which card ar u talking abt? ATM Card?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by segtak25: 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
richybanky:

Am a serving corper, already did my BVN (GTBank) got my code number before I went to camp, now am expecting dis month allawee probably next week, my question is do I have to do dis BVN of a tin wit d bank (Unity bank) nysc opened for me?
just one with a bank serve for all
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
I did mine in two different bank, any implication.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Elparaiso(m): 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
mctolspell:
What happens to Nigerians in diaspora that uses the bank card abroad?
Bro please what bank do you use?
How much do they charge you?
Pleas, I need your answer.
Thanks in Advance
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
xjet:

Same with me..u have to go back to the bank with the previous code they gave you..They will thwn issue you your new BVN
ok thanks bro
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Odaveboy(m): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
adeekiti:
I did mine and I was given a code number and the guy told me I'm gonna get a message on phone till now I've gat none o but I did all my thumbprints and registeration
same
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by udoojah(m): 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
I didn't only successfully register for my bvn, I also successfully attached it to my other account!
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by hope4nigeria(m): 12:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
richybanky:

Which card ar u talking abt? ATM Card?
BVM card
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by zuma4k(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
what's the consequence of not doing your BVN?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by richybanky(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:
just one with a bank serve for all
Okay.. Tanx
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Pope22(m): 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:

source : http://streetgist.com/things-you-need-to-know-about-bvn/
What about those who have different bank accounts in different banks but with different names? The one you do in one, will it cover for others even when they are different names?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by joyoffreedom: 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
I have done mine but I use another name to opeen an account what can l do about that. Can l go and do another one?

segtak25:
Am the op . aks any question concerning BVN i will surely answer you.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by ejagbangba: 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:
Am the op . aks any question concerning BVN i will surely answer you.
way happens if one has done it and forgot d number giving 2 him after missplacin d small paper can one reapply or wat?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by richybanky(m): 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
hope4nigeria:
BVM card
Am done wit d BVN of a tin, already given d code sef bt nothing like card and d customer service never mentioned anything like card wen am doing d registration
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by nsilordgmail(m): 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
I did mine and a slip with a number written on it was given to me but I didn't save the number on my phone. I put d slip on my wallet but I was robbed and my wallet was taken from me by d robbers. Please what will I do now to recover that number or should I register again? Please I need advice, thanks.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by drdams: 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
hope4nigeria:
exatly my situation, but the guy who did mine told me i was going to recieve a mesage before i come for my card, up till now no mesage

go to union bank and validate your GTBAnk's BVN with them.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
EnnyP:

Not just any bank. Any bank where you have an account.
ANY BANK whether you have account there or not. When you get the number, you then submit it at all the banks you have account. This ignorance is the cause of large crowds at some banks esp first bank
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by drdams: 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
nsilordgmail:
I did mine and a slip with a number written on it was given to me but I didn't save the number on my phone. I put d slip on my wallet but I was robbed and my wallet was taken from me by d robbers. Please what will I do now to recover that number or should I register again? Please I need advice, thanks.

contact your Bank's contact/call centre if they have any. they should work 247

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
drdams:

go to union bank and validate your GTBAnk's BVN with them.
Please there is nothing like GTB BVN.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by segtak25: 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
ejagbangba:
way happens if one has done it and forgot d number giving 2 him after missplacin d small paper can one reapply or wat?
just go to the bank and i tell them you forgot the code... they will definetely search there system and retrieve the code for you
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
ibro2hot:
I did mine in Access bank and they have sent me my BVN. I later reciv message from my bank (ecobank) that i need to update it in any nearest branch. y can't they link it to my bank?
You need to go to ecobank so that they will see your face and verify your fingerprints before the BVN can be attached to your account
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by drdams: 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
@ OP . its nt just for individual account holders. all signatories to corporate accounts, joint accounts and the likes are expected to validate their personal BVN on these accounts. afterall signatories cant claim not to have individual accounts.

Some banks had stop granting credit facilities to corporate account holders with signatories yet to register for BVN since.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by drdams: 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
tranxo:
Please there is nothing like GTB BVN.

you sha want to talk. a sensible person understand the messgae am trying to pass. ode!

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by segtak25: 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
joyoffreedom:
I have done mine but I use another name to opeen an account what can l do about that. Can l go and do another one?

it depends if use the same surname and photo id (passport) , then you can use the same BVN , both if they are different it is advisable to use to reg for another
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by segtak25: 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
Pope22:

What about those who have different bank accounts in different banks but with different names? The one you do in one, will it cover for others even when they are different names?
go and do another one ...
or Bether still when you get to that bank ask them , and they will advice you
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by bigass(f): 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
PStacks:
Hope this BVN isn't the American version of that chip that people are saying its the mark of the beast! The anti-christ.

People should be careful ooo, we are in end times. Same-sex marriage just confirmed it.

People should be careful anything chip or number before person go collect mark of the beast without knowing it

If the BVN is actually the Anti-Christ as your Bible Foretold can you stop it? Can you stop a prophecy?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
drdams:

you sha want to talk. a sensible person understand the messgae am trying to pass. ode!

Ignorance is bliss. Enjoy. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Check NIN Number On MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile & Online / Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur / Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.