Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) (114698 Views)

Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / Bank Verification Number (BVN) And Crowded Banks (photos) / Bank Verification Number Chaos In Eket(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
PStacks:
Hope this BVN isn't the American version of that chip that people are saying its the mark of the beast! The anti-christ.

People should be careful ooo, we are in end times. Same-sex marriage just confirmed it.

People should be careful anything chip or number before person go collect mark of the beast without knowing it
i tot as much
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by adynsn: 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2015
What about the eleha's
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
ikorodureporta:

U're End-Time compliant! grin

cheesy
Cracked me up
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
swiffy:
same happened 2 me,dey gave me a code n said I shuld expect a message on my phone in 4days time containing d BVN,waited 4 a week did not receive any message had 2 go back 2 d bank n was giving d number. so dnt wait 4 d message just go back 2 d bank n u will b given ur BVN
thanks ma
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by notoriousbabe: 3:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
honeric01:

Be serious na
I'm dead serious grin
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by komek(m): 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
adeekiti:
I did mine and I was given a code number and the guy told me I'm gonna get a message on phone till now I've gat none o but I did all my thumbprints and registeration

No fear, all of us dey the same category. Them go later begs us like they did during sim registration. They will re-register us
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by InvertedHammer: 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
/

“He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark..., and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” Revelation 13:16-17

Get your BVN!!!

\
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by ucheuzor1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
I know say dis BVN registeration No go ever close lie lie..No be Naija we dey,na we get Am na...I hv been to bank twice to do d registeration but d process is as slow as a snail.. #na Godwin sha #
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by vitus619: 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
adeekiti:
I did mine and I was given a code number and the guy told me I'm gonna get a message on phone till now I've gat none o but I did all my thumbprints and registeration

you just have to go back to the
bank and get they number. go with the.slip given to you. I did the same
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Yinkagbo(m): 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
I don't think all this bvn whatever will work in country like nigeria let me share an experience with u(happened to me)I have gtb account opened in ile-ife,osun state but I moved out of the town last year and since gtbank is not in my current location I have to go and open another account with wema bank and my bvn registration was done thr and the CRO told me I will received message containing my bvn number thou I was given a slip which contain 7digits...
After few days of not receiving msg on ma phone I went to wema bank to complain to them that am to travel to where I opened gtb account and plan to take the bvn number along so I can take it to gtbank.....the customer relationship officer collected the previous slip containing 7digits which he had given me upon registering bvn at thr bank...:e enter the digits so that he can get my bvn number but he received msg on the screen that I have done the bvn somewhere before coming to wema bank.....I got pissed off becos I have not done it anywhere before,but they insisted I have done it before...I demanded them to close the account but the CRO beg me not do so that he wil look into it.....on get into the previous location,I entered gtbank and since most of the bankers already new me they directed me to meet the guy in charge,I told the guy about what I experienced at wema bank...he just asked for my gtb acount number and he enterd it on system and he wrote my bvn(11digits) on paper...without taking my pics,no thumbprint,and no signature......
Just like that
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
I am actually studying abroad for one year. Can you imagine the next month after I was in the UK was when I got the notification that Nigerians would have to register for BVN and even then I didn't pay close attention to it because they didn't explain the initative clearly. All I knew was that the deadline was June 30th. I have not been able to go back since, and frankly it doesn't make sense to pay air ticket fee for an initative that has not been clearly explained. Even the consequences are not explained clearly. It wasn't until recently that my bank, Zenith Bank now started saying people without BVN would not be able to transact.

Ok I said this is serious, before this I heard that it was only withdrawals of more that N100 million naira would not be permissible, I said ok Its not like I have 100 million sitting in one bank anyway. Before that they were saying credit loans would not be allowed without this number. They've been using all these ambigious sentences to describe things that have serious effect on the public.
I just got tired and said let me just convert my naira to dollar, and I have been doing it gradually but one day like this the the naira jumped up to 175 , I fear I say make I wait it go revert it now even went up to 205 dollar. After months of watching it remain on that 200 level ,today I said let me just count my losses of holding naira and convert to dollars, biting my fingers at that Zenith bank foreign currency spread. Nah so my Zenith bank done block my account because I no have BVN number.

Nigerians make I ask una this question, this BVN something does it make sense to una. In what part of the world are banks collecting biometrics for ordinary bank account? Are Nigerian banks even proficient enough to be holding such sensitive data? How will you just block someones account on short notice from making transactions when the person has not made any fraud. So what happens to those of us that are abroad and cant get BVN until they travel back. What happens to our money after the deadline ? Banks and Government are refusing to address this issue thats why some of us are left to withdrawing funds. I am guessing banks and government want to prevent fund withdrawal and that is why they have blocked my account before the deadline.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Sylverly(m): 5:49pm On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:

source : http://streetgist.com/things-you-need-to-know-about-bvn/
i have a joint account with a brother, in an account different from my personal account. Getting my bvn for my personal accent, does it cover for that of joint? Pthanks
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by honeric01(m): 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
notoriousbabe:
I'm dead serious grin
Go jor!
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by notoriousbabe: 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
honeric01:

Go jor!
hahahahahahhahaa grin
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by segtak25: 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
dont think so , since its a joint account
Sylverly:
i have a joint account with a brother, in an account different from my personal account. Getting my bvn for my personal accent, does it cover for that of joint? Pthanks
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Arcard(m): 5:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
Abeg oh people in d house. what does card,no useable app mean for ATM, cus since tday i no fit withdraw, d machine kip displaying dat msg
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by naijabuoy: 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
You gave us 11 things we need to know, not 12. grin thats fraud!
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by CreamyAutos(m): 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:
Am the op . aks any question concerning BVN i will surely answer you.

I bank with GT Bank, can i do my BVN registration with a different bank like first bank?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Aksimple47(m): 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
tranxo:
Go back to where you registered it, with your slip.
pls......cn I email dem or cal deir online nos because I done it in lagos bt nw in taraba state 4 my service bt dey gave me only d slip nos nt BVN @ gtb.....pls wat cn I do nw?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
vitus619:

you just have to go back to the
bank and get they number. go with the.slip given to you. I did the same
ok thanks bro
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Zaatyzat(m): 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
I hav 2Account. I only verified my Gtbank nd i av nt gotten d code. What ll hapun 2 my Firstbank? Op help
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Gold45(f): 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
What happens to those who want to open a new account and haven't done the registration before? like those who just clocked 18yrs?

What happens to those who for one reason or the other, couldn't register?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by mamajaz(f): 7:41pm On Jun 27, 2015
adeekiti:
Brotherly, pls go back to them with that code. Same happened to me but when I went back with my code they just printed the code for me one time.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by CrazyMan(m): 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
adeekiti:
Same here. I did mine since April and up till now, I haven't received any confirmation message from them.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by CrazyMan(m): 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
tranxo:
Go back to where you registered it, with your slip.
I did my registration in Ebonyi state . I'm back in Anambra state. Would you advise me to travel all the way to Ebonyi state just because I want to collect my BVN?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Abayor7: 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:
Am the op . aks any question concerning BVN i will surely answer you.

I heard of this lately, So am yet to do mine till now. I went the bank on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but the crowd is just too much and It's closing by month ending How about this?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by naira0(m): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
[size=15pt]CHAiiiii[/size]
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Caracta(f): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
CrazyMan:

Same here. I did mine since April and up till now, I haven't received any confirmation message from them.

Do it elsewhere after the "rush hour".
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by SolomonAdeola: 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
But how true is it that I have to visit other banks where I have accounts to update my details, even though I have done the bvn @ one of my banks. A friend told me I have to visit my other banks to give them my bvn number...that's stress I think
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by zikray: 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:
yes
As long as u have an account with that bank.

People are still queing ignorantly not knowing that with the BVN they got for an account serves for other accounts they have with other banks.

Some people even have like 3 BVN grin grin grin
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
Aksimple47:
pls......cn I email dem or cal deir online nos because I done it in lagos bt nw in taraba state 4 my service bt dey gave me only d slip nos nt BVN @ gtb.....pls wat cn I do nw?
Go to any gtb branch in taraba with the slip.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
CrazyMan:

I did my registration in Ebonyi state . I'm back in Anambra state. Would you advise me to travel all the way to Ebonyi state just because I want to collect my BVN?
I could give you a way out, but on a second thought just relax, they will travel from Ebonyi to Anambra and give you your BVN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur / How To Check NIN Number On MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile & Online / Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.