Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) (114689 Views)

Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs / Bank Verification Number (BVN) And Crowded Banks (photos) / Bank Verification Number Chaos In Eket(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
drdams:
@ OP . its nt just for individual account holders. all signatories to corporate accounts, joint accounts and the likes are expected to validate their personal BVN on these accounts. afterall signatories cant claim not to have individual accounts.

Some banks had stop granting credit facilities to corporate account holders with signatories yet to register for BVN since.
For now, there is no BVN registration for corporate accounts. It is only for individual accounts.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by jericco1(m): 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
yet to do mine.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by itoese(m): 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
If you have done your BVN and have not received your no after 72 hrs, I advice you go to the bank with the first slip you were given. The bank will check their system and give you your BVN number. That was what I did to get mine.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by hope4nigeria(m): 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2015
richybanky:

Am done wit d BVN of a tin, already given d code sef bt nothing like card and d customer service never mentioned anything like card wen am doing d registration
i'v seen the card with a friend working in a bank, but let me confirm again if there is anything like card will be issued with respect to B and get back to you
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
joyoffreedom:
I have done mine but I use another name to opeen an account what can l do about that. Can l go and do another one?

Pope22:

What about those who have different bank accounts in different banks but with different names? The one you do in one, will it cover for others even when they are different names?

One of the essence of BVN is to eliminate fraud from the banking system. That is, to identify people who use different names to open accounts. So the questions you guys are asking is of no use because you have ONLY ONE SET of FINGERPRINTS. once you get your BVN, and go for a second registration, your fingerprint will show you have registered before under a different name.

One man. One name. One face. One set of FINGERPRINTS. Alarm don blow grin

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by drdams: 12:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
tranxo:
For now, there is no BVN registration for corporate accounts. It is only for individual accounts.

common Mr. oga. you are talking based on what you read on the lines.

how would you take finger prints, picture, and other required biometric requirement for a Corporate Entity. there will never be BVN for CORPORATE ACCOUNT. the status quo now is for all signatories of corp accounts and its affiliates to validate their BVN on them. These has been the norm at least in some banks stop arguing blindly.

Its BIOMETRIC sire.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by richybanky(m): 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
hope4nigeria:
i'v seen the card with a friend working in a bank, but let me confirm again if there is anything like card will be issued with respect to B and get back to you
Okay... Tanx for dat
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
drdams:

common Mr. oga. you are talking based on what you read on the lines.

how would you take finger prints, picture, and other required biometric requirement for a Corporate Entity. there will never be BVN for CORPORATE ACCOUNT. the status quo now is for all signatories of corp accounts and its affiliates to validate their BVN on them. These has been the norm at least in some banks stop arguing blindly.

Its BIOMETRIC sire.
Yes sir, you are talking based on what you know, I am talking based on what I know. Maybe bc I used the term BVN for corporate account. Okay, with time, each corporate account will be assigned a VN based on a method yet to be declared. I hope you know that legally, a corporate entity is a "person" and regarded separately from its directors or signatories. So a corporate account will eventually have a unique identifier that would record all the activities of the account, NOT the signatories, in the banking system. For instance, when a corporate account accesses a facility, the deal is recorded for the account, and not for the signatories who are not personally liable.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by cronsberg: 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
you guys are refusing to answer this simple question on all the BVN related threads. What happens to those who refuse to do the BVN thing? will their accounts be closed? will their money be gone? Because i don't want to inconvinience myself with the endless lines of standing if the thing is not compulsory
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nafizzey(m): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
tranxo:
I registered for this BVN thing some few months back with UBA and was told by the customer Care Rep that it was successful and will cover all my banks, though was not given any slip. However, recently am been sent messages by UBA asking whether or not I have enrolled for the BVN ..please I need clarification
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nafizzey:
I registered for this BVN thing some few months back with UBA and was told by the customer Care Rep that it was successful and will cover all my banks, though was not given any slip. However, recently am been sent messages by UBA asking whether or not I have enrolled for the BVN ..please I need clarification
Have you gotten your BVN?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by hope4nigeria(m): 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
richybanky:

Okay... Tanx for dat
you can also confirm from section 9 of Ops analysis. thanks
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by fairprince(m): 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
BVN is done by individuals who will update their corporate accounts under the signatory ID. Every corp account was opened by a signatory or signatories. Each of the signatories presents his/her BVN for update under their names. Banks cannot process loans again on any corp acct whose signatories do not update their BVN.
There is a BVN card. You were supposed to indicate a branch where the card would be sent.
If you have got a BVN ticket ID just take it to the processor branch within 48 hrs they will get ur BVN.
If u attempt registration twice in diff banks, u will complicate the matter ooo. It would take a long procedure and search to get the no when u registered more than once. Of course, the 1st BVN is the valid one.
Finally, if you want to update ur BVN with other banks, name and date of Birth must be same. If not the same, you will not be able to update ur BVN cos of conflicting info. In such a case, tell ur bank to update ur data to tally with ur BVN registration.
Cheerio.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 1:16pm On Jun 27, 2015
cronsberg:
you guys are refusing to answer this simple question on all the BVN related threads. What happens to those who refuse to do the BVN thing? will their accounts be closed? will their money be gone? Because i don't want to inconvinience myself with the endless lines of standing if the thing is not compulsory
Nobody will touch your money, but your account will be restricted.
Most times restricted = only deposits, no withdrawals

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nafizzey(m): 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
cronsberg:
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Koolking(m): 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
This BVN thing is utter nonsense. It exposes customers to even more fraud as your account officer in one bank can have access to all your accounts balances in other banks. Remember, fraud in banks are aided by insiders.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by fairprince(m): 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b][/b]
Nafizzey:
Banks were just doing d registration initially without linking them to accounts. Just take d BVN to them, merge all ur accts to one ID and ask them to update ur BVN on ur accts. But signatory names and DOB must be same for this to work.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nafizzey(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
tranxo:
Have you gotten your BVN?
NO no any number was given to me but my details were captured i.e name, biometric data, etc . what do I do please?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by tranxo(m): 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nafizzey:
NO no any number was given to me but my details were captured i.e name, biometric data, etc . what do I do please?
You should go back to where you did it and explain this to them. They should have a way of retrieving your BVN for you
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
segtak25:

source : http://streetgist.com/things-you-need-to-know-about-bvn/

so many questios asked about nigerians in diaspora who have accounts in nigerian banks?
you ignored those questions..why?
what about accounts opened for kids and new borns? should people bring their new birn for thumb-print??
what if one is yet to open an account after the dealine

or is this another scam to take unverified money in dormant accounts??

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by nurez(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
did mine since two weeks ago, still no number and notification
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by davedave1: 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
Call me a broken record but I don't think this will work in this country, our sharp unemployed guys will find a way around it weneva they wants to do their thing....people are frustrated, if BVN is not bringing money, is not making sense....peace out

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nafizzey(m): 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
fairprince:
[b][/b]
Banks were just doing d registration initially without linking them to accounts. Just take d BVN to them, merge all ur accts to one ID and ask them to update ur BVN on ur accts. But signatory names and DOB must be same for this to work.
was not given any BVN then.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by notoriousbabe: 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
honeric01:
What happens to those who are yet to do theirs?
they will be jailed

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by notoriousbabe: 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
jericco1:
yet to do mine.
you too dey talk?you get bank account?

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nafizzey(m): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
tranxo:
You should go back to where you did it and explain this to them. They should have a way of retrieving your BVN for you
Thank you. Would have liked to do so, but I'm currently in another state/location..
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by drdams: 1:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
tranxo:
Yes sir, you are talking based on what you know, I am talking based on what I know. Maybe bc I used the term BVN for corporate account. Okay, with time, each corporate account will be assigned a VN based on a method yet to be declared. I hope you know that legally, a corporate entity is a "person" and regarded separately from its directors or signatories. So a corporate account will eventually have a unique identifier that would record all the activities of the account, NOT the signatories, in the banking system. For instance, when a corporate account accesses a facility, the deal is recorded for the account, and not for the signatories who are not personally liable.

Since you want to go technical as per legality. it my pleasure to inform you that CORPORATE account in Banks encompasses both Sole Proprietors, Partnership and Company. The last time I checked, the assumption of a LEGAL Personality only applies to COMPANIES. Thus the veil of incorporation does not affect Drdams & Co, Chukwu & Sons, Dr. Dams enterprise etc.

are you still maintaining the stand point that these exceptions do not need BVN validation?

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by scentmarlc(m): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
willi926:
Wetin do me Na. abi I wear back of cloth undecided
Yu funny niiigrin
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by drdams: 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
MrPresident:

so many questios asked about nigerians in diaspora who have accounts in nigerian banks?
you ignored those questions..why?
what about accounts opened for kids and new borns? shou

ld people bring their new birn for thumb-print??

Some bank advise their customers in diaspora to request for an account update to reflect a foreign address on their account (with recent utility bill signed by a notary public as proof or proof of studentship abroad stamped by their colleges as the case may be).

For kids' accounts, the signatories are to validate their BVN. there is no contract with a MINOr .

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
cronsberg:

the OP is a joke,
someone asked about diasporans on the 1st page of this thread, 3 pages and no response yet?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by jericco1(m): 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
notoriousbabe:
you too dey talk?you get bank account?

excuse me, what's that suppose to mean huh?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) by segtak25: 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
MrPresident:

what if one is yet to open an account after the dealine??
?then when you open an account , you will be asked to register for the bvn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Check NIN Number On MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile & Online / Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur / Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.