Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,022 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

My Poultry Farm - Part 2 - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Poultry Farm - Part 2 (43512 Views)

The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) / Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by 9jaStartUpSerie: 1:30am On Jul 22, 2015
@farmtech would you like to talk more about your poultry farming on 9jaStartuPSeries.com. Kindly send me an email admin@9jaStartUpSeries.com to confirm your interest
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by fnk: 2:29am On Jul 22, 2015
9jaStartUpSerie:
@farmtech would you like to talk more about your poultry farming on 9jaStartuPSeries.com. Kindly send me an email admin@9jaStartUpSeries.com to confirm your interest
There is so much info here for everyone https://www.nairaland.com/640716/starting-poultry-farm-blog/148
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by johnhack: 6:14am On Jul 22, 2015
farmtech will also like to visit ur farm.pm me on watapp 08063288008.I am also in osha
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 7:36am On Jul 22, 2015
Spidermon:
Nice thread OP.
@ farmtech, for your DOC beddings, I would advice you use dry wood shavings(not sawdust) covered with layers of newspaper to avoid the mold problem.

CeceNene:

Well done OP. So am thinking instead of rice hull for bedding why no use saw dust? I think better though. Atleast from 3 weeks and for the brooding house you can get old newspaper which you ll have to change like every other day. My opinion though.
Newspaper will soon become slippery and this can cause leg deformation like spraddle leg. I use rice hull at the young stage bc I'm sure they're free of chemicals. But once they're like 2 months, I use wood shavings, not sawdust.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 7:56am On Jul 22, 2015
nairacountry:

Weldone bro, like how many days does it take the whole fold of your birds to finish a bag of meal in this order:
1. first 2weeks old
2. btw 2-4weeks
3. btw 4-8weeks
4. 8weeks to date.
thanks it will come handy in a little calculation im doing. once again, thanks
I use this feeding chart as a guide.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 7:58am On Jul 22, 2015
freshthugga:
Wetin be my own undecided
.. Bro take a bold step and start sth. You may be suprise at the outcome.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 8:17am On Jul 22, 2015
Bonapart:
am interested in this... Please how much does it cost to open a poultry farming. Or better still we can talk private

unitysheart:
FarmTech please kindly tell us how much it will cost us to setup a small farm please.
I can't say specifically bc it can differ base on location. But you can to consider cost of building the pen, cost of buying day old chicks and budget like N900/bird to cover cost of feeding, vaccination and medication.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 8:18am On Jul 22, 2015
onyebuchiii:
f..,,,,,,,pls farmtech I'm in onitsha and would love to visit ur farm...,pls.
Contact me thru facebook.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2015
MrCork:

....ok..Londoners like me hear in London r buyin £28,000(cash) range rover spot & ther u r in Nigeria raisin Chicken & sellin egg...seriously...am goin bak to bed!! (no oofeinse) angry
Sleep well buddy, by the time u wake up I would have overtaken you by kilomiles.

4 Likes

Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 9:53am On Jul 22, 2015
norame:

Nice one....can I get your contact?
I Emailed u.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2015
JayJustus:
yes...entrepreneurship is what's needed these days...keep it up...once I open my restaurant you'd be supplying me chicken plus free food for you thrice a month wink...hahahahaha
That would be good. Where is ur planned location?
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by MrCork: 10:05am On Jul 22, 2015
FarmTech:

Sleep well buddy, by the time u wake up I would have overtaken you by kilomiles.

... Realy?..me in London drivin £28,000(cash) range rover spot....and u in that place Nigeria plan to ova take me,a whole Londoner..by selln chicken n egg?....bro am goin to toilet to $hit..laters! (no ofeense) undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 10:05am On Jul 22, 2015
adenine02:

Thanks alot for this wonderful post
Pls i am also a small scale farmer I av never tried layers b4 Pls can you help me with a step by step info on how to go abt it I want to start with 20chicks I live in Gombe and i av rams sheep turkey and local chiken I'll appriciate any guide Watapp 08035132062 Email: lookadenine@gmail.com Thanks
.. You can follow my progress here and ask questions.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by Bonapart(m): 11:01am On Jul 22, 2015
FarmTech:

I can't say specifically bc it can differ base on location. But you can to consider cost of building the pen, cost of buying day old chicks and budget like N900/bird to cover cost of feeding, vaccination and medication.
please can you help do an over all estimate which includes feeding and vaccination.. thank you
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by JayJustus(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
FarmTech:
.. That would be good. Where is ur planned location?
Lagos mainland...hehehe
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 1:12am On Jul 23, 2015
Bumbum7:
Fantastic job you are doing Farmtech. I would like to share with you that it is better to give Marek's vaccine @ the hatchery and repeated @ day 3 for adequate immunity against Marek's disease which is a viral infection of poultry birds. Therefore, by day 35, infection would have probably be on but won't be noticed till the birds are about 16weeks when they are mature to lay.
Thanks for the contributn. They were given marek's at the hatchery and I'm following lab vaccination plan.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 1:13am On Jul 23, 2015
BELEXYFARMS:
Nice one

#how can one eliminate the smell dat emanates for a poultry pen?
.. Keep the litter dry and avoid overstocking.

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 1:14am On Jul 23, 2015
pasco30:
Sir pls I wish to come to your farm I am at npkor
I sent i mail
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 1:15am On Jul 23, 2015
9jaStartUpSerie:
Will do that soon.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 1:20am On Jul 23, 2015
johnhack:
farmtech will also like to visit ur farm.pm me on watapp 08063288008.I am also in osha

Sent u an email.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 1:23am On Jul 23, 2015
Bonapart:
please can you help do an over all estimate which includes feeding and vaccination.. thank you
I thought I've already done that.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 1:24am On Jul 23, 2015
JayJustus:

Lagos mainland...hehehe
.. Keep it up.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by Bonapart(m): 6:36am On Jul 23, 2015
FarmTech:

I thought I've already done that.
bros abeg whatsapp me on +393510876426
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by NICOGRAVITY: 8:48am On Jul 23, 2015
Sir,
good morning.
I humbly solicit your help to enable me set up a poultry.
Please, I humbly need you to kindly mentor me and train me.
Sir, please help me.
I have a little amount of money am very willing to invest into poultry.
Thanks so much.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 10:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
Bonapart:
bros abeg whatsapp me on +393510876426
My phone can't install whatapp, FB will be better.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
NICOGRAVITY:
Sir,
good morning.
I humbly solicit your help to enable me set up a poultry.
Please, I humbly need you to kindly mentor me and train me.
Sir, please help me.
I have a little amount of money am very willing to invest into poultry.
Thanks so much.
Depending on hw much u have it may be better to invest ur money elsewhere bc there is great risk involve if you make beginners mistakes. You can contact me on facebook let's talk more.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by BELEXYFARMS(m): 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
FarmTech:

Keep the litter dry and avoid overstocking.

Thanks... Plz can u give me the ideal stocking density for broilers and cockrels.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by davies427: 7:02am On Jul 24, 2015
@ farm tech at this particular time of the year. Wat is d best time to start feeding. Cos i notice my birds consume less @ morning. Soo we want to start feeding by 6am, n provide ligthing by 7pm to 9m. Is that a good i deal
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 9:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
davies427:
@ farm tech at this particular time of the year. Wat is d best time to start feeding. Cos i notice my birds consume less @ morning. Soo we want to start feeding by 6am, n provide ligthing by 7pm to 9m. Is that a good i deal
Layers or broilers? Normally they consume less in the morning and more in the evening.
BELEXYFARMS:

Thanks... Plz can u give me the ideal stocking density for broilers and cockrels.
Broilers can be at 16kg/m2, eg if u are targeting 2kg final weight, it is 8 birds per m2. I don't know about cockerels.

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by NICOGRAVITY: 2:00am On Jul 25, 2015
FarmTech:

Depending on hw much u have it may be better to invest ur money elsewhere bc there is great risk involve if you make beginners mistakes. You can contact me on facebook let's talk more.

Sir, i have some money to run it. But someone would look after it for me. I presently live abroad. Sorry, i left Facebook 3 years ago as it takes so much of my time. You can email Me on nicogravity@yahoo.com.
you can Whatsapp me. Will send my phone number on reply of your email. Would humbly want you to mentor me on this.
thanks so much. God bless you greatly in Jesus name amen.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by Juliana7: 7:56am On Jul 25, 2015
@farmtech, pls i would like to know if u are practically following d feed and weight programme/schedule u provided here, if yes, has d weight been in-sync with d feed. Thanks
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2015
NICOGRAVITY:

Sir, i have some money to run it. But someone would look after it for me. I presently live abroad. Sorry, i left Facebook 3 years ago as it takes so much of my time. You can email Me on nicogravity@yahoo.com.
you can Whatsapp me. Will send my phone number on reply of your email. Would humbly want you to mentor me on this.
I can't access mail and whatsup now. Having someone to manage farm for u have always been problematic from stories i hear. If you're not there to supervise a lot can go wrong.
Juliana7:
@farmtech, pls i would like to know if u are practically following d feed and weight programme/schedule u provided here, if yes, has d weight been in-sync with d feed. Thanks
I use it as a guide. And yes, they follow the weight but not exactly.

NICOGRAVITY:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Slay Queen Goes To Farm To Harvest Groundnuts When She’s Not Slaying (Photos) / My Noiler Birds Poultry Experiment (AMO Noilers) / Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.