Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

My Poultry Farm - Part 2 - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Poultry Farm - Part 2 (43557 Views)

The Snake I Killed In My Poultry Today (photos) / Help- My Poultry Birds Are Dying / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
I'm in Onitsha. Tnk u for bringing this up, I'll update very soon.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by apexquest(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2015
My birds have not fully recovered from their pox infection but they are due for their monthly lasota now.. What do I do should I suspend their treatment for now n vaccinate them or wait for it to completely dry up.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by Ayostically: 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
apexquest:
My birds have not fully recovered from their pox infection but they are due for their monthly lasota now.. What do I do should I suspend their treatment for now n vaccinate them or wait for it to completely dry up.

pls, what/how does the pox disease look like.

i discovered that 1 of my layers have
a boil-like swelling on 1 of its feet.
it's moving & eating normal, like all the
others.
is it the pox disease? what drug should I giv to it. should I be worried

Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by apexquest(m): 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ayostically:

others.
Its symptoms include black patches on the comb n wattle, but I don't know about swollen leg Oooo...
I have been treating with poxcid + gumbocine with some anicillin.
No need for panic.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 12:01am On Dec 03, 2015
apexquest:
So far as they are healthy, give them the lasota. Waiting for the pox to dry up can take a long time.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 12:04am On Dec 03, 2015
Ayostically:

others.
That might be a mechanical injury. Are there other symptoms?
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by apexquest(m): 9:47am On Dec 03, 2015
FarmTech:

So far as they are healthy, give them the lasota. Waiting for the pox to dry up can take a long time.
OK sir
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by Ayostically: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
FarmTech:

That might be a mechanical injury. Are there other symptoms?
thanks for the response. no other symptoms. it's feeding & moving fine. the possibility of a mechanical injury is doubtful as there's no item of equipment in the pen

some1 mentioned it's fowl pox but I don't know the symptoms of it. the "boil-like swelling" is however, increasing in size
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by Agathabishen(f): 8:07am On Dec 04, 2015
Good one farmtech. Following from the begining. Have they started laying yet?
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by oludarekehinde(m): 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Broilers Chicken for sale at KEDOTY FARM Elerangbe ibeju lekki lagos #2,500 per one. Their kg is between 4&5kg. Contact for booking 08053690928
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FRANCOXAV(m): 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
SOS. Help Coryza is dealing with my layers.

My 6mnths layers were diagnosed of Corozal ie I experienced a closing of the eyes and nasal congestion with low appetite and near inactivity.

There is a cut in their egg production by 90% How do I get them back on their feet and also boost egg production?
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FRANCOXAV(m): 9:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
What could be wrong with this turkey?

Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by moyin2009: 9:49am On Jan 14, 2016
FRANCOXAV:
What could be wrong with this turkey?
Fowlpox
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by olawale4725(m): 5:20am On Jun 17, 2016
FarmTech:
Thanks. More info soon.

Hello farm tech, av read alot of ur post, dey re really really really really really really helpfull and knowledgeable.

Am a graduate of college of agriculture (ND awarding cert) nd studied animal health and production, this ma first tym into poultry business, nd its layers i bought 1000 (point of lay) @ 14 weeks could u pls share wit me ur practical experience by answering the below questions

THEY ARE CURRENTLY 18WEEKS OLD AND 1003 IN NO

Que1: how often should i deworm my layers and what is the best drug to use, cos i heard some drugs do affect their production?

Que2: Do i really need to administer antibiotics before they start laying, even when nothing is wrong with them

Que3: How many times shld i feed them and how many times should i rob their feeders daily

Que4: they re currently 18WEEKS old, is 3 bags of grower feed enough for them

Que5: when they start laying, how many gram of feed should a bird eat and is it ( the gram of feed/bird/day) constant throughout their laying cycle till they become old layers

Que6: how many crate should i expect at 20weeks and how much should i sell each crate of egg cos pple av been hanging on my neck

Que7: As an expertee what other advise would you give me as a beginner

GOD BLESS FARMTECH

LOOKING FORWARD FOR YOUR RESPONSE

1 Like

Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by pleasureosondu(m): 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
olawale4725:

Hello farm tech, av read alot of ur post, dey re really really really really really really helpfull and knowledgeable.

Am a graduate of college of agriculture (ND awarding cert) nd studied animal health and production, this ma first tym into poultry business, nd its layers i bought 1000 (point of lay) @ 14 weeks could u pls share wit me ur practical experience by answering the below questions

Que1: how often should i deworm my layers and what is the best drug to use, cos i heard some drugs do affect their production?

Que2: Do i really need to administer antibiotics before they start laying, even when nothing is wrong with them

Que3: How many times shld i feed them and how many times should i rob their feeders daily

Que5: when they start laying, how many gram of feed should a bird eat and is it ( the gram of feed/bird/day) constant throughout their laying cycle till they become old layers

Que6: how many crate should i expect at 20weeks and how much should i sell each crate of egg cos pple av been hanging on my neck

GOD BLESS FARMTECH

Hello, i would b interested in your poultry manure if they are available. I'll give you a call if u provide ur digits.However, mine is 08105333060
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by pleasureosondu(m): 7:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
I'm in Onitsha. Tnk u for bringing this up, I'll update very soon. Bro, are u still in the poultry biz because i'm interested in collecting the organic waste from ur farm.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by olawale4725(m): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
pleasureosondu:
Hello, i would b interested in your poultry manure if they are available. I'll give you a call if u provide ur digits.However, mine is 08105333060

hmmm, my no is 09033011825, u cn hy me on whatsapp too. the manure is readily available, what exactly do u want to use it for (to feed fish or put on ur farmland)? cos i rear them (the layers) in ba3 cage system and i dnt use wood shave cos som pple do com pack it for their fish and then giv me a tip buh its of disadvantage to my poultry management cos those people wont come to pack it on time (dey want it to be fully maggot) and its not hygienic cos of the smell which may cause dismay to the birds and also leads to disagreement frm d community, so i do call them wen am down financially so dey can com for the maggot buh if otherwise i do pack it away. hence it readily available. moreover where do u reside? dats my no above u can pm me on whatsapp also
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by pleasureosondu(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
On my farm bro
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by pleasureosondu(m): 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2016
pleasureosondu:

hmmm, my no is 09033011825, u cn hy me on whatsapp too. the manure is readily available, what exactly do u want to use it for (to feed fish or put on ur farmland)? cos i rear them (the layers) in ba3 cage system and i dnt use wood shave cos som pple do com pack it for their fish and then giv me a tip buh its of disadvantage to my poultry management cos those people wont come to pack it on time (dey want it to be fully maggot) and its not hygienic cos of the smell which may cause dismay to the birds and also leads to disagreement frm d community, so i do call them wen am down financially so dey can com for the maggot buh if otherwise i do pack it away. hence it readily available. moreover where do u reside? dats my no above u can pm me on whatsapp also.
Thanks bro. i'll give u a call soon
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by olawale4725(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
pleasureosondu:

09033011825, where do u reside
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by olawale4725(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
[quote author=pleasureosondu post=48005785]Hello, i would b interested in your poultry manure if they are available. I'll give you a call if u provide ur digits.However, mine is 08105333060[/quote
09033011825, where do u reside
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by pleasureosondu(m): 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2016
[quote author=olawale4725 post=48069045][/ Farm is in Benin. Very sorry for the delay in reply
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by olawale4725(m): 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] fellas, pls does anyone knows who i can sell my poultry manure too, my birds are reared in ba3 cage but i do spread surdust beneath the cage. hlp a nigga. 09033011825 (also on WhatsApp)
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by princelynx: 7:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
If you're interested in joining the telegram group meant for discussing issues relating to Turkey breeding and marketing. Feel free to send a telegram message to 08055678830, to be added or you use this link https:///joinchat/DPhZakGCpQ3BVan6C9623g. You will be glad u did. If you don't have telegram, go to google play store and download it . Thanks.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 12:38am On Sep 05, 2016
olawale4725:

GOD BLESS FARMTECH

Sorry for the late reply. I hope it's nt too late. I've been off NL for a while now.
1. On floor syst, u deworm evry 2-3 months. On cage it can be evry 3-4mnths if ur birds have no contact with droppings.
2. Give antibiotics when u anticipate illness or when they are over stressed. I gave mine at least once per mnth even when nothing is wrong with them.
3. Feed 2x per day and turn their feed as often as possible. This applies to caged layers. It encourage them to eat more.
4-5: there is a sample feeding chart that I hav on my website, but unfortunately the site is nt currently active. So google for layers feeding chart to get the info
6. On cage syst, u can expect up to 90% lay if u follow good practices. Egg prices are high now, so find out the current price from farmers in ur locatn. I currently sell unsorted crate for N750. The first eggs will have small sizes and so their price will be lower. That's the size that egg roll sellers and Mee tea people like.

My advise is that u keep proper records and learn from ur mistakes. And hav plan to expand.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by olawale4725(m): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2016
FarmTech:

Sorry for the late reply. I hope it's nt too late. I've been off NL for a while now.
1. On floor syst, u deworm evry 2-3 months. On cage it can be evry 3-4mnths if ur birds have no contact with droppings.
2. Give antibiotics when u anticipate illness or when they are over stressed. I gave mine at least once per mnth even when nothing is wrong with them.
3. Feed 2x per day and turn their feed as often as possible. This applies to caged layers. It encourage them to eat more.
4-5: there is a sample feeding chart that I hav on my website, but unfortunately the site is nt currently active. So google for layers feeding chart to get the info
6. On cage syst, u can expect up to 90% lay if u follow good practices. Egg prices are high now, so find out the current price from farmers in ur locatn. I currently sell unsorted crate for N750. The first eggs will have small sizes and so their price will be lower. That's the size that egg roll sellers and Mee tea people like.

My advise is that u keep proper records and learn from ur mistakes. And hav plan to expand.

fnx alot farmtech, i really appreciate ur response, despite the fact dat it's late, at least u still replied me. one more thing still baffles me bro. bfore i venture into this poultry business som pple says wen they start laying well, their production wld buy their feed and also that same amount of money u used for their feed wld be ur gain , i:e 50-50 (50% for their feed and the other 50% is the farmers profit) hw true is dat?
secondly my layers re currently 29 weeks and their %prod is 80% is this normal? more so they re still laying medium eggs and i sell each crate at #630 for those that are buying in large quantity nd #650 retailers, after deducting expenses am left wit #4500 each day (i.e my daily profit is nt the same as my daily expenses)
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 10:21am On Sep 06, 2016
olawale4725:

fnx alot farmtech, i really appreciate ur response, despite the fact dat it's late, at least u still replied me. one more thing still baffles me bro. bfore i venture into this poultry business som pple says wen they start laying well, their production wld buy their feed and also that same amount of money u used for their feed wld be ur gain , i:e 50-50 (50% for their feed and the other 50% is the farmers profit) hw true is dat?
secondly my layers re currently 29 weeks and their %prod is 80% is this normal? more so they re still laying medium eggs and i sell each crate at #630 for those that are buying in large quantity nd #650 retailers, after deducting expenses am left wit #4500 each day (i.e my daily profit is nt the same as my daily expenses)
U still need patience. Egg size will still increase so far as u feed them well. The profit u make will vary base on percentage lay and the price u sell. I don't know if their is a fixed ratio for expense vs profit.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by olawale4725(m): 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
FarmTech:

U still need patience. Egg size will still increase so far as u feed them well. The profit u make will vary base on percentage lay and the price u sell. I don't know if their is a fixed ratio for expense vs profit.
cn u pls giv me ur whatsapp no so we cn chat bera on whatsapp, minr is 09033011825
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by FarmTech(m): 10:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
olawale4725:

cn u pls giv me ur whatsapp no so we cn chat bera on whatsapp, minr is 09033011825
My phone is not whatup-friendly. It cant install it.
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by Kingsley1000(m): 7:10am On Sep 07, 2016
farmtech,would like to visit ur farm...can i have ur contact ?
Re: My Poultry Farm - Part 2 by olawale4725(m): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
FarmTech:
.. My phone is not whatup-friendly. It cant install it.
Opps, k no p, fnx for ur concern, i wld let u knw wen am in need of ya hlp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Noiler Birds Poultry Experiment (AMO Noilers) / Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) / Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.