Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

A Question For You - Huxley - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For You - Huxley (6081 Views)

"House On The Rock Members (HOTR) @ Lagos" Please I Have A Question For You! / A Question For Nigerian Christians: Why Go On Pilgrimage To Isreal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For You - Huxley by logic1: 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2010
No atheists or evolutionists believe that aeroplanes are constructed that way. Theydo accurately point out, though, that snowflakes, despite being beautiful, etc, weren't formed by dancing goblins. That probably explains why "although the fool says in his heart that there is no god, the wise declare it out loud.

We understand how snowflakes are formed and can repeat it experimentally.
We do not understand the big bang theory and cannot repeat it experimentally.
therefore you cannot use the snowflakes phenomena as a justification for the creation of a complex universe from a big bang.
Re: A Question For You - Huxley by logic1: 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2010
Anyone with doubts concerning the christian faith can post them on the topic at the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552049.0.html
Re: A Question For You - Huxley by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23am On Aug 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I was glad when I saw an advert in response to the atheists propaganda on a London bus saying "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.  Psalm 53:1

There are 3 major groups or worldviews in the world today namely: The atheists, the agnostics and the theists.  Let us see which group(s) fit into the description in the verse above.

The atheist is absolutely certain that there is no God, the agnostic is not certain whether there is a God or not and the theist(I mean sons of God) is sure that God is, God was and God is to come, the Almighty.

Let me use a scenario to bring their perspectives home.  Suppose I mention the name of my cousin as Joe blog and then ask an atheist whether Joe Blog exists or not.  Guess what their response would be since he doesn’t know him.

Atheists: He does not exists
Agnostics: I don’t know if he exists because you might have just made up the name.
The Theist:  Since he is my cousin and I know him, I am absolutely certain he does exist

Now tell me is it not foolish to jump to the conclusion that since you do not know him therefore you don’t believe that he exists.  There about 7 billion people on earth and you definitely don’t know more than 1% of them for you now to tell me that you are absolutely certain that my cousin does not exist.  It is only a fool that will take that position.  An agnostic person has also taken an unnecessary position because all he needed to do was to make a concerted effort to find out.  If he was told that Joe Blog had a large sum of money to give him would he just say I don’t know whether the person exists and therefore leave it at that?  Wouldn’t he make a serious search out for him to be sure.  The theist who is the cousin of Joe Blog knows that he exists and needs no convincing that he exists other than to simply pick up his phone and communicate with him.

This explains why theists who know the true God and have a personal relationship with Him on a daily basis would need no convincing on the existence of God not and this only shows the positions of atheists and agnostics as foolish and unnecessary worldviews to take.

Can you now see which group fits into the Bible verse above?  Your guess is as good as mine, and it is the Word of God to mankind.  I only wish that they could read how my Yoruba Bible translated this particular verse. shocked

smiley
Re: A Question For You - Huxley by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26am On Aug 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Yahweh is the:

Almighty God  Gen. 17:1; Rev. 19:15.
Buckler  Psa.18:2; 91:4.
Creator Isa.40:28.
Deliverer Psa.18:2; 91:3.
Everlasting God Gen 21:33.
Father   1Pet.1:2; 2Jn.3
God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob Ex.3:6; 2Sam.23:1.
Horn of Salvation  Psa.18:2.
I AM THAT I AM  Ex.3:13-15
JAH (Jehovah)  Psa.68:4.
Jehovah-Elohim, Adonai-Jehovah, Jehova-Jireh, Jehova-Nissi, Jehovah-Ropheka Ex15:26; Jehovah-Shalom  Judg.6:24.  Jehovah-Tsikeenu Jer.23:6;33:16.  Jehova-Mekaddishkem Ex.31:13; Lev.20:8; 21:8; 22:9,16,32; Ezek. 20:12.  Jehova-Saboath 1Sam.1:3; Jehova-Shammah Ezek. 48:35; Jehova-Elyon Psa.7:17;47:2; 97:9; Jehova-Rohi Psa.23:1; Jehova-Hoseenu Psa.95:6; Jehova-Eloheenu Psa.99:5,8,9; Jehova-Eloheka Ex.20:2,5,7; Jehova-Elohay Zech. 14:5.
King of kings and Lord of lords 1Tim.6:15-16
Living and True God 1Thess.1:9
Mighty God Gen.49:24
Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent God Rev.19:6
Refuge Psa.91:2
Strength Psa.18:2
True God Jer.10:10;John 17:3.
Uncorruptible God Rom.1:23
Only Wise God 1Tim.1:17

Do you know Him?

Out of all the major religions that are practised here on earth, only four are practiced after personalities.  Others are based on human philosophies and ideologies ie isms.  Let's see these personalities and how and why they died. 

Judaism, founded by Abraham: he died of old age and was buried, Tomb OCCUPIED;
Buddism, founded by Buddah: he died of dysentry and was buried, Tomb OCCUPIED;
Islam, by founded by Mohammed: he died of fever and was buried, Tomb OCCUPIED;
Christianity, by Jesus Christ, he died by crucifixion and was buried, Tomb EMPTIED!!! 

The difference with other founders is that Jesus Christ rose from the dead the third day, and is alive today and I have a living relationship with Him, He is alive, He is alive, He's alive and I'm forgiven, I'm free from the burden of sin and satan, heaven's gate is open wide and my name is written in the book of life, He's alive, Halleluyah!!! Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. - Acts 4:12

And for atheists and their bedfellows (theist evolutionists, gap theorists, agnostics and the like) you should learn from the experiences of those who have gone before you if you are wise for you to learn from those who renounced their disbeliefs at the time of their affliction and death, people like Sir Francis Newport, Voltaire, Tom Paine, David Hume, Altamont, Ethan Allen, Thomas Hobbes and many others pleaded for mercy from God and regretted their atheism in their dying hour. 

smiley
Re: A Question For You - Huxley by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30am On Aug 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Let us take each of your heroes at a time and see who was an atheist, agnostic or freethinker and see whether they are deemed to be wise.

First on your list is Charles Darwin.  I will like to include Abraham Lincoln because they share a few similiarities:

Same birthdays February 12, 1809
Both were men
Both lost their mothers in childhood
Both had strained relationships with their fathers
Both had difficulty settling on a career
Both suffered from depression
Both were copious note-takers who constantly revised their thoughts with pen and paper
Each touched off a revolution that changed the world

But the similiarity ends there.  While Abraham Lincoln was a self made American Politico who freed slaves, and a Bible believing Christian, as I presume rather than an atheist.  See the link below to find out what kind of influence Charles Darwin made on people like Karl Marx, Leon Trotsky, Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Pol Pot who were mass murderers.  Remember to click on the hyperlink showing Darwin's impact - the bloodstained legacy of evolution and Darwinism and the Nazi race Holocaust.  See how Darwin's book "The Preservation of favoured Races in Struggle For Life (1859) influenced racists attitude and decrees till today.

It is amazing that people of colour would still adore and worship the man who sees the black people as worse than apes.  Who is the fool, Darwin or his adorers?

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2008/07/07/darwin-or-lincoln

As for Karl Marx who was the spiritual father of the communist system that was responsible for the murder of millions because of class struggle, for Hitler it was a racial struggle.  They all used mass murder to to implement their ideas which could be justified by Darwinism.  Without an absolute standard of right and wrong those in power are not accountable to any standard, so 'might' becomes 'right'.

Darwinism undermines the authority of the Bible on origins, it means that, logically, there is no accountability to God for the mass murder they used to implement their ideas.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2009/02/12/darwin-and-lincoln

smiley
Re: A Question For You - Huxley by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34am On Aug 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

We are used to the hide and seek game played by the atheists and their bedfellows when they are cornered with questions that they have no answers for.  They have no answer for the origin of the universe, and they will try to divert attention by asking irrelevant, illogical questions instead of admitting that their theories have no foundation and no answers.

They want us to believe their "cock and bull story by the moonlight" that between 13-15 billion years ago that a sudden big bang, or explosion, occurred, that brought about the universe.  What a great story!!  shocked

The right question to ask them is where and how did the matter come from that created the great, big fireball (big bang).  You have a big problem on your hand because you can't have something go bang until you have something that can go bang.  I personally want to know where you think the matter came from.  I believe that this is a legitimate, scientific question that you cannot avoid to answer.  Where did the matter come from to create your big bang?  Where dem? cool
Re: A Question For You - Huxley by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35am On Aug 01, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

It appears all our resident evolutionists, have gone silent once again, let's tackle the question they have failed to answer where and how the matter and energy originated, either for want of evidence or that they are simply clueless.

Since evolution is based on materialism, to them all that exists is matter and energy, they do not allow for anything supernatural.  They have a big problem.  Below are some ideas what some evolutionists think the matter came from.  Paul Davies, who is a physicist and evolutionist, in The Edge of infinity,1995.

He wrote: "The [big bang] represents the instantaneous suspension of physical laws, the sudden abrupt flash of lawlessness that allowed something to come out of nothing.  It represents a true miracle . . ."  

No wonder their students stay confused.  On one hand they teach that there is nothing like miracles, and on the other hand they go on to say there are miracles.  But there is a big difference between our miracles and your miracles.  Ours have a miracle maker while theirs does not have a miracle maker.  At least we have a reasonable faith against their blind faith.  Evolution clearly requires miracles but they have no miracle maker – that is what we call the blind faith, which you need more faith for.

smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“i Invite You To Accept Islam. / Identify The Sixteen Hidden Books Of The Bible / Are We Really Free-morals Beings Or Actually Puppets In God’s Hands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.