Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (238018 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 3:18am On Jun 13, 2021
EmekusTHEgreat:
Please house @victorsol @DeeKeem @Tomisin I have an urgent question.

Does the Belgium embassy Currently possess student visa.

I sent a message to them and they made mention of them not currently processing student visa till further notice, I don't know if I should still book the appointment and hope that by the time the meeting comes around that student visas processions would have began

They are still processing visa.. besides you don't need to book an appointment with them, just walk into VAC and submit your application. I think submission is every Mondays and Wednesdays
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by OdogwuEkeke(m): 9:57am On Jun 13, 2021
LEGALIZING YOUR DOCUMENTS

MINISTRY OF EDUCATION ANNEX [ABUJA]
- 8th floor submit original of credentials (2,000)
- Business centre to do Remita (1500)
- 2nd floor CPO for confirmation of payment
- Revenue to collect original receipt of payment
- photocopies ( 3 sets of academic documents) ground floor
- collect and fill form with passport photo at 8th floor
- collect legalized documents on 8th floor (signed and stamped)

MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS [ABUJA]
At Foreign Affairs, call Ugbonna Charles*
(20,000). You might not pay sha but if you want ease, just talk to him.

...Documents required...

√ Waec certificate
√ University degree
√ University Transcript
√Birth Certificate from Local government
√Police character form (Alagbon) (5,000)
√ Medical report from St Francois Ikoyi (50,000)

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 10:14am On Jun 13, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:

...Documents required...

√ Waec certificate
√ University degree
√ University Transcript

I'm not sure if I understand your post or not.
But you don't need to authenticate and legalize the medical report. (Actually don't even open the sealed envelope)

Also you don't need birth certificate for study visa
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by OdogwuEkeke(m): 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
No you didn’t understand.

Medical report was listed under required documents for visa processing Not for Legalization.

You can find out from the hospital to confirm price. They are usually faster than the other clinic at VI

DeeKeem:

I'm not sure if I understand your post or not.
But you don't need to authenticate and legalize the medical report. (Actually don't even open the sealed envelope)

Also you don't need birth certificate for study visa
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:

...Documents required...

√ Waec certificate
√ University degree
√ University Transcript
Ministry of Education and Foreign Affairs = Authentication of result.
Belgium Embassy Abuja= Legalization
MoE- 300 per document
MFA- 500 (officially), 1k fast track
Belgium Embassy- 9.4k per document.
NB: only original documents or certified true copies. The embassy will not accept ordinary photocopies. Don't waste money authenticating photocopies.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:

Medical report was listed under required documents for visa processing Not for Legalization.

You can find out from the hospital to confirm price. They are usually faster than the other clinic at VI

2nd hospital 36k. You get result next day. They now operate from within another hospital in same VI but call the same phone number online first.
First hospital is 60k not 50k. You get report same day.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
victorsol:

For statement of result, I think it is allowed if your school can show a proof that they have not issued original certificate for anyone.

For student copy transcript, I am sorry, the answer is no... it is not possible.
Ask school to send transcript to Legalization Section, Embassy of Belgium (Abuja). Pick it up and do the authentication (MoE/MFA) and then resubmit to Embassy for legalization. We did same for WAEC. Once you have info from your school it has been sent, wait 2 weeks and call the embassy legalization section. There is also a simpler way. Ask around.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by OdogwuEkeke(m): 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
Omo e don cost, my babe did it 50k last year

Premiercare:

2nd hospital 36k. You get result next day. They now operate from within another hospital in same VI but call the same phone number online first.
First hospital is 60k not 50k. You get report same day.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by GreatMage: 2:39am On Jun 15, 2021
What's up my people?

How is Belgium treating you guys?

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by DeeKeem(f): 9:23am On Jun 15, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:

Alright
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Newest3223(f): 9:34am On Jun 15, 2021
DeeKeem:

Technically you can do the fingerprints and fill the form in any major police station.
But it rarely works that way, you'll need a contact

Thank you, I have sorted it out.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Newest3223(f): 6:12pm On Jun 15, 2021
Pls, kindly suggest a good courier service in Abuja for legalisation
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by victorsol(m): 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2021
Newest3223:
Pls, kindly suggest a good courier service in Abuja for legalisation

FedEx
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Newest3223(f): 9:00am On Jun 22, 2021
victorsol:

FedEx
Thank you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Georgekiko: 9:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
Please. In my E-legalization form for the Belgian Embassy. The part they wrote “Power of Attorney “. My question is, Is that section meant for me to fill or do I require a lawyer to fill it for me?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Georgekiko: 11:01am On Jun 26, 2021
Please is there any group I can join in other to be properly guided on getting the Belgian Visa.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Akshow: 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2021
I have been mailed to show up for interview for my student visa to Belgium on the 7th of July in Abuja embassy. Anyone else invited same day?

I Submitted my application at vfs office Abuja on Wednesday and was invited for interview two days later. Going by what I've read on this thread I was expecting to be invited in at least four weeks time.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Akshow: 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2021
Deekeem, premiercare, anyone who has been interviewed by the Belgian embassy, any advice on what to expect?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mrbrodaman: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2021
Premiercare:

Ask school to send transcript to Legalization Section, Embassy of Belgium (Abuja). Pick it up and do the authentication (MoE/MFA) and then resubmit to Embassy for legalization. We did same for WAEC. Once you have info from your school it has been sent, wait 2 weeks and call the embassy legalization section. There is also a simpler way. Ask around.

Is a waec certificate sufficient to apply for a Bsc program in Belgium?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 11:42pm On Jun 27, 2021
Akshow:
Deekeem, premiercare, anyone who has been interviewed by the Belgian embassy, any advice on what to expect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ2eCIhcaeM

This video nails it. 40-50minutes written, 10minutes oral interview

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 11:50pm On Jun 27, 2021
mrbrodaman:

Is a waec certificate sufficient to apply for a Bsc program in Belgium?

Yes!. You need to prove that you have the qualification to study the same course in your country.
KU Leuven requires SAT mathematics for some courses eg Business Admin/Business Engineering. Ghent/ Antwerp only WAEC, but the latter 2 has only Dutch programs so you have to do the 1 year language prep programme.
NB: while WAEC can secure you admission, the level of stuff you require for year 1 is higher. BSc is 3 years so no introductory courses like you have in Nigerian universities in year 1. Remember that Belgian students do not require admission. They register straight from secondary school to the University. So first year serves to separate the boys from the men. So, while you can get in with WAEC, doing A levels or year 1(University) here in Nigeria while processing admission will help on the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Akshow: 7:08am On Jun 28, 2021
Premiercare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ2eCIhcaeM

This video nails it. 40-50minutes written, 10minutes oral interview
thanks a million.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Georgekiko: 8:24am On Jun 28, 2021
Please. In my E-legalization form for the Belgian Embassy. The part they wrote “Power of Attorney “. My question is, Is that section meant for me to fill or do I require a lawyer to fill it for me?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Georgekiko: 8:25am On Jun 28, 2021
Please is there any group I can join in other to be properly guided on getting the Belgian Visa.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mrbrodaman: 10:01am On Jun 28, 2021
Premiercare:

Yes!. You need to prove that you have the qualification to study the same course in your country.
KU Leuven requires SAT mathematics for some courses eg Business Admin/Business Engineering. Ghent/ Antwerp only WAEC, but the latter 2 has only Dutch programs so you have to do the 1 year language prep programme.
NB: while WAEC can secure you admission, the level of stuff you require for year 1 is higher. BSc is 3 years so no introductory courses like you have in Nigerian universities in year 1. Remember that Belgian students do not require admission. They register straight from secondary school to the University. So first year serves to separate the boys from the men. So, while you can get in with WAEC, doing A levels or year 1(University) here in Nigeria while processing admission will help on the long run.

Thanks for the detailed response, it seems the admission period for KU Leuven is closed, do you know any other affordable university in Belgium,?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Akshow: 10:42am On Jun 29, 2021
Georgekiko:
You dont need a lawyer to fill anything for u. u fill up everything ursef.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Newest3223(f): 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2021
Akshow:
You dont need a lawyer to fill anything for u. u fill up everything ursef.

Hello
How long does it take for the embassy to acknowledge receipt of documents for legalisation?
I sent my documents about 2 weeks ago and I haven't received a mail from them.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Kelvinto(m): 2:31pm On Jun 29, 2021
Akshow:
I have been mailed to show up for interview for my student visa to Belgium on the 7th of July in Abuja embassy. Anyone else invited same day?

I Submitted my application at vfs office Abuja on Wednesday and was invited for interview two days later. Going by what I've read on this thread I was expecting to be invited in at least four weeks time.

Nice one...

Please I will like to be guided on how to apply for a school in Belgium.

Am an undergraduate and will like to study abroad.

Your inputs will be very much appreciated
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Kelvinto(m): 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2021
Premiercare:

Thanks for the update.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Premiercare: 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2021
Newest3223:

Hello
How long does it take for the embassy to acknowledge receipt of documents for legalisation?
Something is wrong with your documents. They will send your document back with your return FedEx/dhl envelop. Did you use any non- certified photocopies? Even if only one document has fault, they will return all for you to correct and resubmit.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Akshow: 5:32am On Jun 30, 2021
Newest3223:

Hello

I sent mine on Wednesday through FedEx. It got to the embassy Friday. I was mailed by the embassy on Monday that my documents are accepted and being processed, and was mailed again on Tuesday that they are finished with my file. I got my legalized documents back exactly a week later through the prepaid return FedEx envelope I put in the envelope when I submitted.

So 2 weeks is too long for you not to have gotten your legalized documents back. Did you follow the instructions well? Did you pay the legalization fee? Were you mailed that the embassy had gotten your documents and it's status is accepted?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Akshow: 5:34am On Jun 30, 2021
Premiercare:

Something is wrong with your documents. They will send your document back with your return FedEx/dhl envelop. Did you use any non- certified photocopies? Even if only one document has fault, they will return all for you to correct and resubmit.

Exactly. Immediately the embassy gets the documents, they will send you a mail listing all the documents and stating whether it is accepted and would be treated or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.