Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) (61755 Views)

Fire Guts 50 Shops In Ladipo Auto Spare Parts Market / Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished / Ladipo Market Finally Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by gwales: 11:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
ihesiuloa:

Such a hate word coming from an IDIOTIC tribal people.
idiot go and develop your erosional Biafra

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by gwales: 11:23pm On Jun 30, 2015
cochexky:

As you laugh about this, so shall ppl laugh about you death . Fool
stupid go back and develop your Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 11:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
Omo make una forget tribe oh what Ladipo guys are doing no yoruba man fit do o
Yoruba say dey re nauseating their environment ok but the govt should provide a better place for them and let them move their stock there cos we all benefit from there,even the so called maintenance coys buy parts from them.
U know ibos no dey waste tym na D next option dem go opt to which might be by D crook cos wen u invest so much by the hook and all suddenly goes down by the govt na to face the crook.

Meanwhile most masses benefitting from these are being tribalistic.its not fair .
Let them carry their goods and move them to the next the alternative area u must have provided not ruining their labor all the years.

"Singing in Fela's voice
"Govt fit sell to ppl cheape cheape,Govt fit dash ppl wey no geti money na D burn burn na him dey sweet dem pass
Oya o give me petrol burn burn
Oya o wey D matches burn burn

Its sad
I saw govt dismantle good structures after which they still sell the land to the owner of the structure.
What if they had created a medium where u buy from original channels rather than waste the 1st buiding.?
If ur hands are sincerely clean,it takes forever for some to get over these except the corrupt ones that steal by Govt.
so why encourage corruption?
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by TunnelTruth: 12:11am On Jul 01, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Take your hustle to the east, is that too difficult to comprehend.

Better still chukwujimi is in apapa, cry to him.

But note this and note it well, a day is coming we will force you all to leave lagos.

Chai!!

How do foolish persons make it here.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 12:30am On Jul 01, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:

Take your hustle to the east, is that too difficult to comprehend.

Better still chukwujimi is in apapa, cry to him.

But note this and note it well, a day is coming we will force you all to leave lagos.

And what will be ur gain afterwards?
Its disheartening when you see elites acting as tools to destruction especially with the masses when they are not benefitting from it.
We Nigerians are already one people and if u think these will lead to seperation,u re only kidding cos its still D masses that will suffer the whole thing eventually
I'm proudly Ijebu ode but I don't support the ignorance of the low life ppl that wants us to disentegrate.
Maybe u re expcting UK to cum merge with you after u re seperated from other tribes,then u will know how important ordinary water can be

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Chekitaut: 12:44am On Jul 01, 2015
In a simple word No 1 Nigeria anywhere, we should be careful how we showcase potential in another man's land, a stranger is always a stranger anywhere under the Sun.
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by jascon1(m): 3:04am On Jul 01, 2015
charlesucheh:
Then, you know nothing about me.
I'm not bragging, but I can bet on 10,000 US$ if Ur family were known in Lagos. My cash is on the line. Tell us who u and ur father are and I'll duff my hat and eat my crow with my dollars gone.

Pls, stop this stereotypes and let us appreciate these guys. Isn't it a shame that they come to Lagos and excel? You sit down in Lagos (a land of opportunities) and someone came from a small village in the east without any formal education and he is buying estates in Lagos. Why are u mad? If u have no clues to succeed in life then blame yourself. Lagos had been a hub of all sort of things even dating back to 70ies as I personally know. In Lagos we say "shine your eyes". Today, they have come to show us that even our shining eyes are blind. Even tho, some may be too ambitious, but is not enough to make vile generic statements against them. All am saying is life offers equal chances at different hierarchies. Instead of hating the gbos, spend same time seeking out ways to better yourself and your family. You day Lagos day plan igbos while igbos day the same Lagos day plan businesses and investments. That's Ur problem, Mr nobody. No be gra gra Na brain

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by jascon1(m): 3:15am On Jul 01, 2015
WIZGUY69:

Shut up.

only on the net.
that's the he only reason I hate the iboes.
they brag alot.
how many plot of land has your miserable father bought before he ran away.
onye nzuzu.
you should ask how many he has sold. We are not mates. In age and achievement you are just too low even to live in the same street with me. The only reason I contribute is to educate ppl like you to stop the hate and embrace love. I'm advising you to perfect on Ur own game and do it like no other ever cud. Spend more time in quests of success than hating. Life is all about your time, we all come and take nothing out. Not even the land we fight for. Do your own thing and leave igbos alone. #lookatyourself
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by islandmoon: 5:19am On Jul 01, 2015
Trailblazer1:

And that particular tribe are the commercial nerve of Nigeria, that same tribe have made so much money in Lagos that they are almost buying up every land and lagoons in Lagos(ask omo onile in your area), they are survivors.

And I'm proud to be part of them. grin

hmmmm, your comment remind me of https://www.nairaland.com/2414933/photos-ndlea-discovers-3-drug

Mr. Chukwunwendu Sylvester Ikejiakwu aka Blessed of Ozubulu, Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State.
“The 37 year old suspected drug kingpin was found to be deeply involved in Unlawful Exportation of illicit drugs, Unlawful Assembling as well as running of methamphetamine production laboratories in the Eastern part of Nigeria. He shuttles between his country home in Ozubulu, Nnewi and No. 2, St, James Close Ajao Estate Isolo Lagos where he resides in Lagos for his drug business” he added.

The Agency equally uncovered that Chukwunwendu Sylvester Ikejiakwu aka Blessed is the Group Managing Director of Blessed Group of Companies. He hides under the cover of motorcycle parts business in running a drug cell that has international affiliation. His companies include Blessed Benita Global Limited, Ideal Motorcycle Company Limited and God’s Special Enterprise Limited. He specializes in recruiting and sponsoring drug couriers to China, Malaysia, Turkey and Italy. He also pays his couriers an average of $5,000 dollars per trip.

He runs the clandestine methamphetamine laboratories in his premises located in Akubuezem Nnewi, Anambra State. It was gathered that he
“During a search on one of the laboratories at his Nnewi house, 2.615kg of liquid methamphetamine was found inside a yellow plastic jug and 250grammes of crystallized methamphetamine concealed in a white transparent polythene bag. Methamphetamine laboratory equipment seized from his house include the following; One (1) approximate volume measuring scale, Six (6) heating filters, Six giant conical flasks, industrial tubes and cups of sodium hydroxide. Others are containers of iodine, Acetone, Hydrochloric Acid, weighing scale, masks and hand gloves among others” the NDLEA boss added.
The suspect had two (2) Nigeria International passports and one Ghana passport all bearing his photographs with different names.

Details of his three passports are as follows; Ikechukwu Sylvester Chukwunwe, Nigeria passport with No: 04272646; Samson Odinakar: Nigeria passport No: A03472814 and Anthony Yeboah Frank, Ghana passport No: H2437245. Two other passports belonging to suspected drug couriers were also seized.

While surveillance on this criminal group was ongoing, the NDLEA intercepted 23kg of methamphetamine on February 19, 2015 along Badagry expressway, Lagos en-route Cotonou. The seized drug was ultimately traced to Chukwunwendu Sylvester Ikejiakwu aka BLESSED. One AZUBIKE is now standing trial at the Federal High court Lagos in respect of that seizure. Some drug couriers sponsored by him have been arrested and are in prison custody in China, Turkey and Malaysia.

Some of the assets believed to be purchased with drug proceeds had been traced. “We are investigating over sixteen bank accounts belonging to him in different banks. He has a Toyota Venza with vehicle registration No AAA 18 BP, a Peugeot 406 with vehicle registration No FST 587 AS; a Q5 Audi four runner with vehicle registration No EPE 546 CF and a Toyota Sienna SUV with vehicle registration No KRD 399 CG.

He allegedly bought a piece of land at No. 21A Joy Avenue, Ajao Estate in 2009 at the cost of twenty five million naira (N25,000,000) and rebuilt it in 2012 to three (3) story building at the cost of ninety million naira (N90,000,000) only. He also bought a property at No 2 St. James Close Ajao Estate for seventeen million naira (N17,000,000) and built a five (5) bedroom duplex on it at the cost of twenty five million naira (N25,000,000) only.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by aleem50(m): 6:38am On Jul 01, 2015
jascon1:
So so unfair. So inhumane!!! There are so many places in Lagos to develop. Let's not settle this nonsense with development plans, I strongly believe it is a move to hurt the igbos. But, then when u render all these families jobless n diminish their sources of livelihood, u would want to sleep cozy in Ur homes?? Is it so unfair. I lived in Lagos back in the late 70ies and 80ies, without the igbos Lagos won't have been what it is today. Let's stop this sheet. If there can't be a united Nigeria then, let each one go his way. What does this country stand on? We keep fooling ourselves. Some folks on here talking tribal. most Yoruba ppl here are not even Lagosians n they own no wheel in Lagos. If you send the igbos to the Lagoon, where do u reserve for yourselves? As a Lagosian I strongly condemn this vile act.
Even the politics is gettig too tribal. Hausamen are clearly spelling the difference between westerners and northerners.
If oil and water cannot mix, then separate it!!!!
slowpoke,you don't even know how to spell shit.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by safex(m): 7:27am On Jul 01, 2015
Dis is sad o buh anyway sha, it's part of #change
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 01, 2015
Acekidc4:

You are the Most Stupiid Ediot here with no single sense of Reasoning!!

Na me and You for this Nairaland!!

Ayee e de ma baje ni oh you this Fooolish Stupiid Goat!!
cc : seun Ishilove

This guy is threatening me
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Demdem(m): 7:34am On Jul 01, 2015
Sincere4u:

So they gave them several QUICK notices and then came for demolition without letting them take away anything from their shops?. I put it to you that they have only shot themselves in the foot.

Nop.............they had to teach stubborn goats that in Lagos there is law and order.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Demdem(m): 7:35am On Jul 01, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Quit notice is the name...sadist...I saw your other comment....keep it up...

Fool, are u ok?

Uncletony:

What is the meaning of quick notice?!

shattap

Tpave:
Quit notice cry

Noted.....face topic

LegatusGlaber:

It's quit notice Oga not quick

Noted.....face topic

[quote author=Buchman1 post=35337576 quit notice[/quote]

Noted.....face topic
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by lastpage: 8:01am On Jul 01, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Ambode is simply playing out his last meeting with Oba lilwayne Akiolu of Zulu.

FYI, we will buy over that land completely very soon grin

Is this all you can say?

I thought you would launch war naah! grin grin grin

Chest-beating since 1967!
grin grin

Go back to your homeland and establish market there!

Lastpage!
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 01, 2015
gwales:
idiot go and develop your erosional Biafra
You must have a shallow mind to conclude that "demolishing Ladipo" will lead to "Igbo people leaving Lagos".
Its like you have not eaten agege bread today . . .
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by lastpage: 8:23am On Jul 01, 2015
stwazobia:

Long live the republic of Igbo... without the Igbos there will be no Nigeria. We make Lagos what it is today. We are like the sun. you cannot cover us no matter how hard you try.... Proudly Igbo... In my next world, i refuse to belong to another tribe but IGBO. GOD BLESS UMUIGBO WHEREVER THEY ARE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is the most comic l always hear from Ibos "We make lagos what it is"!

If that statement is true, despite all the insults and harassment you get from the same Yorubas that you hate so much, HOW COME YOU FIND IT IMPOSSIBLE, TO REPLICATE WHAT YOU DID FOR YORUBAS,..... IN YOUR OWN IBO LAND?

IT HAS TO BE FOOLISHNESS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER TO STUBBORNLY KEEP INVESTING IN A PLACE WHERE YOU DONT LIKE THE OWNERS.... YET LEAVE YOUR OWN LAND DESOLATE!

Abi na curse?

Go back to Ibo land and show the Westerners that you actually built Lagos.... and have done so again.
Nobody can take your land from you, y'know. undecided wink

All these noise and pangs of anger are not necessary. let action speak for themselves.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 01, 2015
lastpage:

If that statement is true, despite all the insults and harassment you get from the same Yorubas that you hate so much, HOW COME YOU FIND IT IMPOSSIBLE, TO REPLICATE WHAT YOU DID FOR YORUBAS,..... IN YOUR OWN IBO LAND?

IT HAS TO BE FOOLISHNESS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER TO STUBBORNLY KEEP INVESTING IN A PLACE WHERE YOU DONT LIKE THE OWNERS.... YET LEAVE YOUR OWN LAND DESOLATE!

Abi na curse?

Go back to Ibo land and show the Westerners that you actually built Lagos.... and have done so again.

All these noise and pangs of anger are not necessary. let action speak for themselves.
Lastpage!
Get a life.
Idleness will turn you into an omo onile that depends on Igbo daily 30 naira.
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by skyfall: 8:25am On Jul 01, 2015
oduastates:
All states in the SW should go ahead and demolish all illegal structures, shacks ,rubbish and paanty which litters the region.
Remove those illegal structure and encroaching fences and what you will see is space . Living space ,Breathing space , walking space . Space which can be turned into sidewalks , build drainage , lay water pipes , fibre to cabinet or fibre to home lines,bicycle lanes.
All those wooden benches ,stalls and containers .
Those tomatoes seller should be given collapsible plastic stalls which must be removed at the end of the day.
High street which can be shut down for conversion into temporarily markets ,4 days a week ,must be identified and made available to those who are willing to pay taxes into the tills of the local government.
I was on holidays 3 months ago , the feeling I have whenever I come back into the mess remains the same as it was 6 years .
Nigeria is one big eyesore.
No greens, no open spaces , no planning ,no air to breathe . Just people living on top of each other .
Do not get me started on Those okada, tricycles churches ,mosques,generator noises, twisted wires on electricity and telecommunications pole, open drainage or lack of and beeping of horn .
The LASG should dust up her law books and start enforcing them .
The laws are mostly derived from the British common law. They should be enforced.
Spare part sellers , tomato seller, suya seller , yam seller,lacasera and everybody in between must be made to learn how to live and work decently.
Baba kekeere (jakande) was well known for his bull dozers.
The ogun state government should take control of the mowe , Ibafo area as well . Many areas in that axis have become a giant slum
Ambode should get rid of that Fashola's mega city project.
Where does he want to put 50 million people ? Ogun state has plenty of land to contain everybody and you can see this from the air when you are approaching murtala airport. Just organise/control the release and conversion of farm land into urban dwellings.
Instead of mega city, plan for a series of small manageable cities and towns linked by branching/lateral rail lines , and a central line linking Lagos , Ibadan and ogun . If you do not live in gbagada phase 2 , Victoria Island,Ikoyi , lekki,shangisha, magodo and places like that, it is very difficult find a decent environment to raise a child in a Lagos .
In fact , I would recommend that all states do the same.
Lastly tax (congestion charge) private users of cars like Singapore ( which conducts an annually renewable lottery for vehicle licenses and those who win must pay through their noses)and emphasise cycling .
Most journeys people make are less than 15 minutes by bicycle.
Too many damn cars and the resulting hold up/pollution

Well-said! Lagos is one giant piece of slum.
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by lastpage: 8:41am On Jul 01, 2015
funkybully:
At times I use to wonder what yorubas want from igbos. They rejoice when igbos are hurt.

U Ask them to go to their home, Yet when they agitate for biafra u start shaking nd cursing ur generation.

Can a yoruba with human sense tell me what they want?

They want you chest-beating, Gra-gra-mouthing, No-Sense Igbos to phuck-off to your BIA'FRAUD! tongue tongue grin grin grin
Last time l checked, the Niger Bridge is still motorable!

Is that too difficult for an Eediot like you to understand!
tongue tongue tongue

Now that your shop is demolished, what are you still waiting for?
If you turn to armed robber, you will be shot one time and next...Lagoon!
grin grin tongue

Okay, sorry..l am just joking. One Nijeriya! shocked shocked

Lastpage!
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by lastpage: 8:44am On Jul 01, 2015
imhotep:

Get a life.
Idleness will turn you into an omo onile that depends on Igbo daily 30 naira.

I am retired and living on my investments! grin grin
How does that stop you from developing your land and stop being a nuisance in Lagos?
Abi na CURSE? Wetin sef?

Go back HOME!
Home is always Home....and it is the best!
GO BACK HOME, omo Yiibo! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 01, 2015
lastpage:

How does that stop you from developing your land and stop being a nuisance in Lagos?
Abi na CURSE? Wetin sef?

Go back HOME!

Lastpage!
Igbos are already HOME in Lagos cheesy cheesy
Greet your Igbo house of Rep members.

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 01, 2015
lastpage:

Abi na CURSE? Wetin sef?

Go back HOME!

Lastpage!
Go and polish the sandals of your gambari master.
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by islandmoon: 9:51am On Jul 01, 2015
tonychristopher:

ewu..ikoku is igbo word and a name of a place in igweocha

Let me correct you, Ikoku popularly known as Port Harcourt version of Ladipo belong to the ikwerre people of Rivers State,
I usually go there whenever am in Port Harcourt, it is a place where most of the stolen cars in PH are been dismantled,
it may sound Igbo but its not in Igboland, its just like saying Rotimi Amaechi is a yoruba man, we all know ikwerre people are good at adopting any name but not so good and its dangerous, that is why we have Nyensom Wike, Patience and Co. are on top of Rivers politics.
anyway, ogoni people are not that tolerant..stop in Bori and find out!
Less i forget, the government has been trying to relocate Ikoku market to the one Peter Odili built for them near SARS along Airport Road since 2003 but the Igbo traders refused.
so, what is your point? why trying to claim a notorious market? a place where you can not enter bank to collect money from bank to pay for goods purchased without be robbed, you must drag your customer inside bank to transact! a market where shop owners lock their shops and ran home before 6pm everyday? just about 3 month ago, a hard looking guy selling snacks was killed in the morning and left in from of the police station! we need to support the government in their bid to keep the city in good condition, after all so many Yorubas were displaced when Fashola cleared oshodi, like someone said, Obaino did same and same thing is going on in Aba now.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by sambina: 10:28am On Jul 01, 2015
End of season price slash 2014/2015 authentic football jerseys for all major clubs now available for as low as 3600.for purchase and enquiries visit our virtual store at http://www.kaymu.com.ng/seller/darken-rahl/. Or call 09050018730
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 01, 2015
Demdem:

Nop.............they had to teach stubborn goats that in Lagos there is law and order.
It's ok but what you stated isn't relevant to what i was pointing out. As it stands, there is no law in going for demolition after several "QUICK" notices. That in fact is lawlessness. Hope it's clearer now.
Pure humour grin
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 01, 2015
Demdem:

It's ok but what you've stated isn't relevant to what i was pointing out. As it is, i need emphasize there is no law in going for demolition after several "QUICK" notices. That in fact is lawlessness. Hope it is clearer now. Just humour grin
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by tonychristopher: 11:09am On Jul 01, 2015
islandmoon:

Let me correct you, Ikoku popularly known as Port Harcourt version of Ladipo belong to the ikwerre people of Rivers State,
I usually go there whenever am in Port Harcourt, it is a place where most of the stolen cars in PH are been dismantled,
it may sound Igbo but its not in Igboland, its just like saying Rotimi Amaechi is a yoruba man, we all know ikwerre people are good at adopting any name but not so good and its dangerous, that is why we have Nyensom Wike, Patience and Co. are on top of Rivers politics.
anyway, ogoni people are not that tolerant..stop in Bori and find out!
Less i forget, the government has been trying to relocate Ikoku market to the one Peter Odili built for them near SARS along Airport Road since 2003 but the Igbo traders refused.
so, what is your point? why trying to claim a notorious market? a place where you can not enter bank to collect money from bank to pay for goods purchased without be robbed, you must drag your customer inside bank to transact! a market where shop owners lock their shops and ran home before 6pm everyday? just about 3 month ago, a hard looking guy selling snacks was killed in the morning and left in from of the police station! we need to support the government in their bid to keep the city in good condition, after all so many Yorubas were displaced when Fashola cleared oshodi, like someone said, Obaino did same and same thing is going on in Aba now.

if them say make animal wey get horn come out snail seff go dey talk him get horn

majority dey talk minority seff dey talk

I am a man that love orderliness if ikokwu market is rough let government sort it out

ogbo osisi is in Owerri it was moved to outskirts of town so I am not against it

no tribe be it igbo Hausa or Yoruba can stop sane development

if the market is that bad let rvier state government do the needful simple

but
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by calcal: 11:54am On Jul 01, 2015
Pa Musiliu at work, if no work they will start bad stuff then to Lagoon.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by mapet: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
My Brother,

I can't but agree with you more. Let me give you a classic example.

My wife and I lost our investment worth over 7million Naira in Ajelogo Market in 2010. If anybody was familiar with that market they will remember an Ice factory that was the hub of ice-blocks, Cold room services, bulk sales of Pure and bottled water.....all gone.

The truth is that Ajelogo market was a reclaimed land by the market association who were displaced from Daleko by the FG in the early 80s. The LSG suddenly woke up that the area was actually marked for Lagos HOMS and they threw us out.

Truth is we were given a 6weeks notice. In reality, no matter the notice, the other parties will be disgruntled. If you give too long notice, markters will go secure injunction. If it's too short, they complain. In Ajelogo, we're in and out of court, talking about settlement. This is because we had a Court judgment, when Jakande wanted to do same, that stipulates that should LSG takes over the land, we should be compensated to the values worth of the property.

The Igbos in Ladipo should try understand if they have a locus. If they rented the place, then they have lost out entirely.
Another point is that Lagos State will continue to pursue the 2025 development plan. What this means for markets is that it will be strictly controlled. You can't situate markets just anywhere anymore. Government will seek to maintain stronger part-ownership of all markets, dilute the market unions and further privatize it. Tejuoso will be the model of Lagos Mid-level Markets and Aswani will be the model of the Basic-Level markets.

Lapido's case is going to be complex. The FG via SON and LSG will begin to squeeze the noozzle on the quality-checks on spare-parts sold in designated markets.

ASPANDA is another case in the cooler. The Lagos Land ownership laws puts them at a disadvantage.

Alaba is another case in waiting. That market will be closed down by the FG itself, if they do not check the wanton disregard for copyright laws./

olapluto:
Few days ago, a thread made the fp about demolision in Lagos. The market affected was mostly Yourba. The market men and women were pained, but they still showed support and appreciation. They see it as a necessary thing to be done so the future of their children in Lagos will be better.
On that thread, I predicted there will be this lack of understanding and tribal backlash if Ladipo market was demolished. Everyone knows Ladipo had been marked for demolition long long time ago, with traders given notice. I am sure the govt will ignore the noise.
Not everything is about Igbo. It seems to be the lazy umbrella to run to whenever justice is being served. Tribalism will only thrive in a place filled with illiterates. Lagosians are smarter.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by mapet: 12:42pm On Jul 01, 2015
olapluto:
ethicalUser: :

In the case of demolition of shops along badagary express road the traders were duly compensated several months b4 the actually demolition exercise took place the reason u saw most of them even encouraging government to continue with the demolition.
We are all Nigerians no trader will see his or her goods been demolished without compensation and smile at you. This is a different case all together no notice and traders were prevented from taking out their goods.
If u asked me that is wickedness destroying another man's legitimate means of obtaining livelihood And I see some peeps rejoicing about this action. Nigerians are really terrible people ..
You lie brother. Those in Ladipo were warned. I posted a news item from OCTOBER 2014 when the traders were 'VOWING' not to move. Moreso, compensation has not been paid to traders as you mentioned.
" Ethical User,

Compensation has not been paid to Ajelogo market evictees in 5years. It depends on your stand. The easiest way to get compensation is if you actually own the property and you have documents to prove it. Secondly if you have representatives that would have taken the reality early enough and commenced engagement with the government ahead of time, then compensation can come to live. I state this so that others in market can learn. Once government gives you notice of planned demolishon, you need to weigh your chances and take actions that will not put you at the loosing end of the stick. If you choose to resist, you end up fight 2-3 battles and that can spread over 10 years.
Re: Ladipo Auto Spare-Parts Market Demolished (Photos) by stwazobia: 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
lastpage:

Abi na curse?

Lastpage!
Point of correction... The Igbos do not hate the Yoruba.. Maybe the Yoruba's hate themselves. Again no one can drive the Igbos out of Lagos...as a Nigerian you are free to live in any part of the country. Guy u have failed because u and your tribe are trying to ripe where you did not saw. After selling all your land and properties to the most industrious tribe, you now want them to leave it for you because they have transformed it from nothing to something.... bros na for dream u go dey dream am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Irene Chiamaka Nwachukwu: Jamil Abubakar Impregnated Me & I Have A Son For Him / Emeka Offor, Abike Dabiri’s Firms, Others Owe Banks N143.81bn / Bawo Daniel Emami Weds In Warri, Uses Money Spraying Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.