Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

#beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? (45840 Views)

Man Celebrates His Hot Mother's Birthday On Twitter / Hilarious Tweets As NIGERIAN MUM Trends On Twitter. / #youknowyourmumisnigerian - Hilarious Topic Trending On Nigerian Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by KanwuliaJara: 9:02am On Jul 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin

Not just nigeria. African women as a whole.

I was watching tv yesterday night and they showed the zambian culture and how they groom the bride for her husband so he will not run away, how she has to kneel to serve him food and I was wondering whether they shot the documentary in 2015 or 1851.when I saw it was 2014, I didn't even wait to finish watching everything before I turned off the tv to go and sleep. The whole ishh was just irritating me undecided

Guuuurl! I can never live anywhere in that DARK continent, where slavery is still being practiced! grin
Tufiakwa!!!!!!!!
The mothers that teach their daughters such things nko? cheesy

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by KanwuliaJara: 9:08am On Jul 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin grin

Some of them are looking for the proverbial virtous woman in proverbs while they sleep and jump from Jane to adaku grin

when I saw that thread I laughedDgrin

she wakes up in the morning to tend for her family bla bla bla
She makes her husband happy all the days of her life I was like wtf grin shocked

which kain lifetime job be that one? How much will i be paid for that grin

if that's so who will then make me happy grin grin

if that's the life of a virtous woman I don't envy her neither do I want to be like her grin

You mean "virtuous ASSSSHAWO"! cheesy
While you are busy "serving", he is busy phocking all the housemaids under your nostrils while you can them both in action abi? grin
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by SAMBARRY: 9:36am On Jul 02, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

You mean "virtuous ASSSSHAWO"! cheesy
While you are busy "serving", he is busy phocking all the housemaids under your nostrils while you can them both in action abi? grin
KanwuliaJara tun boroje. Ewotuni virtous ashawo grin grin grin grin
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 02, 2015
... trending on as usual

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by SAMBARRY: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Guuuurl! I can never live anywhere in that DARK continent, where slavery is still being practiced! grin
Tufiakwa!!!!!!!!
The mothers that teach their daughters such things nko? cheesy
like mother like daughter things cheesy grin grin

she has to cover her face with a wrapper and not say a word
even when the husband removes the wrapper on her face she still has to be on her knees whilst the husband is sitting on a cushion till he asks her to sit down with him. According to theirs tradition if she does this it means she's humble and submissive. I'm just remembering the whole bs and I'm so disgusted grin

na wetin this ones too for NL dey find be that grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by KanwuliaJara: 10:21am On Jul 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
like mother like daughter things cheesy grin grin

she has to cover her face with a wrapper and not say a word
even when the husband removes the wrapper on her face she still has to be on her knees whilst the husband is sitting on a cushion till he asks her to sit down with him. According to theirs tradition if she does this it means she's humble and submissive. I'm just remembering the whole bs and I'm so disgusted grin

na wetin this ones too for NL dey find be that grin

The day wey wan "money-miss-road", sugar-daddy tell me dis bullshyte ehn? E nor believe wetin happen torrrrrahn! He still dey shout my name for im sleep ke!

I just wear my pant abandon for im bush azzzzzze for im hotel room jeje! E call me taya soteeeeey, I nor h-ansarrrrrhan!

E get to call my mama and sister for NAIJA, from New York to beg me to come back o! After I don go rent my own hotel room jeje! I tell am make im take taxi come meet me for my room o. . . AND HE DID!!!!! cool

E say my presence dey shrink im BLOKOS! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by SAMBARRY: 10:25am On Jul 02, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
I

The day wey wan money miss road sugar daddy tell me dis bullshyte ehn? E nor believe wetin happen torrrrrahn! He still dey shout my nallme for im sleep ke!

E say my presence dey shrink im BLOKOS! grin
grin grin grin

You no tell am say respect is earned not demanded for grin
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by KanwuliaJara: 10:29am On Jul 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin grin

You no tell am say respect is earned not demanded for grin

E pay BIIIIIIIIIIIIG money as FINE o!

In DOLLARS!!!!! I come phock am WEH-WEH, baff and message am till e come sleep like baby h-insai my toto. grin

Shioooooooor! cheesy

E still dey talk am till today.
Im say NO WOMAN don tok torrrrahn like that for im life ke!
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by SAMBARRY: 10:32am On Jul 02, 2015
grin grin grin
KanwuliaJara:

E pay BIIIIIIIIIIIIG money as FINE o!

In DOLLARS!!!!!

Shioooooooor! cheesy
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by KanwuliaJara: 10:34am On Jul 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin grin

I sabi deal with dem ke!
My husband knows better ke! grin
Im go go im village go try am na!

Muchechecheche
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by KanwuliaJara: 10:42am On Jul 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
KanwuliaJara tun boroje. Ewotuni virtous ashawo grin grin grin grin

Ehen na!
Virtuous for house, asssshawo for "pastor" kain Nigerian wife, wey nor dey wia paihnt go "SSSSSHURSSSS"! grin
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by KanwuliaJara: 10:43am On Jul 02, 2015
Duplipost! kiss
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by SAMBARRY: 10:45am On Jul 02, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Ehen na!
Virtuous for house, asssshawo for "pastor" kain Nigerian wife, wey nor dey wia paihnt go "SSSSSHURSSSS"! grin
o . you mean awon anti ushers aka yes pastor, give it to me pastor grin

Abeg no let me blasphem grin grin
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by SAMBARRY: 10:46am On Jul 02, 2015
grin grin grin

and the vicious cycle continues grin
KanwuliaJara:

I sabi deal with dem ke!
My husband knows better ke! grin
Im go go im village go try am na!

Muchechecheche
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by KanwuliaJara: 10:47am On Jul 02, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin grin grin

and the vicious cycle continues grin

Not in my compound o! grin
In fact I juss cuss one foolish NAIJA man this morning wey we exchange pissssshures of "privates" to do phone "sessss"! wink

The same WAHALA! Just text me dis morning start wahala!

Na so-so cuss fit dem o!!!! grin
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by SAMBARRY: 10:53am On Jul 02, 2015
grin grin grin

no go get belle for phone o grin
KanwuliaJara:

Not in my compound o! grin
In fact I juss cuss one foolish NAIJA man this morning wey we exchange pissssshures of "privates" to do phone "sessss"! wink

The same WAHALA! Just text me dis morning start wahala!

Na so-so cuss fit dem o!!!! grin
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by ebosse(m): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
Begonia:

Seriously, I have a problem with this. I constantly read comments about Nigerian women being dependent and all. My mum was never dependent on my dad and I don't know any Nigerian woman that depends on a man as her source of livelihood... I'm not saying they aren't there. In Nigeria, there are some jobs that are predominantly done by females. From the elementary school teachers to the counsellors to the tailors, hair stylists, cashiers, receptionists, librarians, bankers, nurses etc. Yet you guys keep going on and on about this. It's only on this forum where virtually all Nigerian women depend on the men and all Nigerian men are capable of taking care of their women and by extension, family.
Does propagating this falsehood make you guys feel good?

Eating free meals is one of the perks of being female in Naija grin grin

I know this is coming late and i dont know if any1 broke down the concept of dependency to U later on but let me explain this to you so u can properly understand the notion of 'Female dependency

U just made mention of some jobs which Nigerian ladies partake in. The question is how much do they make daily - monthly ?.... The problem really is that though 99.8% the guy mentioned are actually working but they spend far more than what they make daily-weekly! Most ladies are waaaaay into expensive gadgets and accessories ! How do U expect some1 spending close to 100grand a month to survive on a salary of 50grand?'

I can still remember how my LGI was selling female shoes for as high as 5Gs to corp members receiving 9.8Gs @that time, the shocking thing was these female corpers were falling all over themselves to be the 1st to buy them.

Its not that Nigeria ladies don't work its just that they don't make the kind of money to sustain their lifestyle , therefore they have no choice than to depend on others (Most likely their BFs).

So, the dude wasn't actually wrong when he made that statement.

2 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Gurgle(f): 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
iPopAlomo:

I didn't see anything Ooo... but if you think you were wrongly banned... mail a mod... Goodluck if you get a reply... or wait it out... like I do... and if you've got scratchy fingers... open another account...

Ok thanks.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by apolonius(m): 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
netizenbuzz:

Taa! See ur moth like taking responsibility for your life you cannot take responsibility for common food. Do you have a vagina? Baba sit down because you know nothing about feminism. The beinganigerianwoman is not even feminism really, it is pure common sense. You really think I'm saying all this because of likes? Lmao. Maybe you do that and expect everyone to be like you. Hope you don't have kids yet because me thinks you still need some growing up to do. grin grin If you wish me sorrow, just wait till your wife gets to the labour room mumu +1

I can now confirm that there is a large hole in your rotten brain impeding you from thinking right.Are you married?The emotions that colour your lines assert you as brainless kid.Goodluck,slowpoke!
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
apolonius:

I can now confirm that there is a large hole in your rotten brain impeding you from thinking right.Are you married?The emotions that colour your lines assert you as brainless kid.Goodluck,slowpoke!

And you that is married, how different are you from me? Nigerians be flaunting marriage like it's an achievement. This is why ppl should not rush into marriage. The kids marrying these days ehn. Naso you go dey teach ur pikin to dey insult like this? I already know the kind of father you'd be grin

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Begonia(m): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
ebosse:

I know this is coming late and i dont know if any1 broke down the concept of dependency to U later on but let me explain this to you so u can properly understand the notion of 'Female dependency

U just made mention of some jobs which Nigerian ladies partake in. The question is how much do they make daily - monthly ?.... The problem really is that though 99.8% the guy mentioned are actually working but they spend far more than what they make daily-weekly! Most ladies are waaaaay into expensive gadgets and accessories ! How do U expect some1 spending close to 100grand a month to survive on a salary of 50grand?'

I can still remember how my LGI was selling female shoes for as high as 5Gs to corp members receiving 9.8Gs @that time, the shocking thing was these female corpers were falling all over themselves to be the 1st to buy them.

Its not that Nigeria ladies don't work its just that they don't make the kind of money to sustain their lifestyle , therefore they have no choice than to depend on others (Most likely their BFs).

So, the dude wasn't actually wrong when he made that statement.

Those were examples of jobs predominantly done by females in Nigeria. It doesn't mean every single Nigerian woman is involved in one of those professions.

What you're saying is that there's virtually no Nigerian woman that's capable of living within her means. So, only 0.2% of Nigerian women can do this. Interesting.

As I said, I'm yet to come across a Nigerian woman that depends on a man for her source of income. Call me a liar, if you please.

Also, with the economic issues in the country, how many Nigerian men can actually take care of their families without financial support from their wives? I'll tell you. 0.2%. Yeah, since we're throwing figures around.

Oh!... and I completely understand what dependence and independence is all about. I don't need any more "breakdowns."

3 Likes

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
iPopAlomo:

it depends... from insulting someone to spamming... your ban could vary... let me help you... click on your profile and you might see why you got the ban... scroll towards your signature...
luckily... you were just banned in the section you erred... otherwise... you won't be able to quote or like any post here...
Experience is the best teacher..lol
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by ebosse(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
Begonia:

Those were examples of jobs predominantly done by females in Nigeria. It doesn't mean every single Nigerian woman is involved in one of those professions.

What you're saying is that there's virtually no Nigerian woman that's capable of living within her means. So, only 0.2% of Nigerian women can do this. Interesting.

As I said, I'm yet to come across a Nigerian woman that depends on a man for her source of income Call me a liar, if you please.

Also, with the economic issues in the country, how many Nigerian men can actually take care of their families without financial support from their wives? I'll tell you. 0.2%. Yeah, since we're throwing figures around.

Oh!... and I completely understand what dependence and independence is all about. I don't need any more "breakdowns."

@bolded, U still not getting the point are U?.. Its not about making money its about spending it.Im close to a lot of well-to-do ladies ( Mostly relations) who r getting 6 figures monthly salary yet ironically most of them are driving cars bought by their husbands for them. Do a bit of fact finding to see how many ladies ( in Nigeria) actually bought the cars they drive with their OWN cash.

Btw I'm a strong advocate of "Female Independency" , wouldn't it be nice to have a GF for once who spend as much as I do, call as much as I do n contribute as much as I do in a relationship?..but really U girls don't want that . forget all these internet trollings and pretending. The facts speak for themselves!

Btw why will I call U a liar?? I'm not one of those male trolls on here.. And I love and respect women! How can I not, when the Three MOST important people in my life are women? smiley

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Begonia(m): 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
ebosse:

@bolded, U still not getting the point are U?.. Its not about making money its about spending it.Im close to a lot of well-to-do ladies ( Mostly relations) who r getting 6 figures monthly salary yet ironically most of them are driving cars bought by their husbands for them. Do a bit of fact finding to see how many ladies ( in Nigeria) actually bought the cars they drive with their OWN cash.

So, it's no longer about a woman's (Nigerian) salary being inversely proportional to her needs (what you implied in your previous post) but rather about refusal to spend it.
You know ladies that......
In the end that's your personal experience and you shouldn't use it to defend some silly stat. Okay, that's your choice.

Btw I'm a strong advocate of "Female Independency" , wouldn't it be nice to have a GF for once who spend as much as I do, call as much as I do n contribute as much as I do in a relationship?..but really U girls don't want that . forget all these internet trollings and pretending. The facts speak for themselves!

Trolling and pretending? You don't know me so let's just push that aside.
What facts? I'm sure you mean personal experience.

Btw why will I call U a liar?? I'm not one of those male trolls on here.. And I love and respect women! How can I not, when the Three MOST important people in my life are women? smiley

I'm glad. We should always appreciate the wonderful people in our lives. They make our world better smiley

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by ebosse(m): 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
Begonia:

So, it's no longer about a woman's (Nigerian) salary being inversely proportional to her needs (what you implied in your....

)

If U read through from my 1st post again U would notice that it was about 'Dependency' not Salary.

I really don't care if he/she is a millionaire! And can afford everything in life, If he/she has to wait for ppl to do things for him/her then he/she is dependent. simple!

I still maintain my stance! Go out there and check how many (Nigeria) ladies bought the car they drive with their money.

In fact, car too big to use as example. Go out there and check how many girls bought the phone they Use ( 50Grand and above) without financial assistance from some1 else.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that I'm just saying ppl should say it as it is!... Don't try to sugarcoat it.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Begonia(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
ebosse:

I really don't care if he/she is a millionaire! And can afford everything in life, If he/she has to wait for ppl to do things for him/her then he/she is dependent. simple!

I still maintain my stance! Go out there and check how many (Nigeria) ladies bought the car they are driving with their money.

In fact, car too big to use as example. Go out there and check how many girls bought the phone they are Using ( 50Grand and above) without financial assistance from some1 else.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that I'm just saying ppl should say it as it is!... Don't try to sugarcoat it.

Sugarcoat what exactly?
Mr Ebosse, tell me what exactly it is I'm sugarcoating so that I can "un-sugarcoat" it, if necessary.
Do you want me to lie about my personal experience on the women I grew up around? I will not.
Do you want me to agree with the silly, unfounded statement that 99.8% of Nigerian women are dependent on some man? Again, I will never do that.
Let's just end this because I'll most likely not agree with any of your comments.

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by apolonius(m): 1:35am On Jul 03, 2015
netizenbuzz:

And you that is married, how different are you from me? Nigerians be flaunting marriage like it's an achievement. This is why ppl should not rush into marriage. The kids marrying these days ehn. Naso you go dey teach ur pikin to dey insult like this? I already know the kind of father you'd be grin

Stop hiding under tiny keyboards to console your wretched life. Marriage is not an achievement, yet your agonizing prayers are staying unceasing.Be adult enough to attract a spouse; you are aging fast!smiley

1 Like

Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 4:30am On Jul 03, 2015
apolonius:

Stop hiding under tiny keyboards to console your wretched life. Marriage is not an achievement, yet your agonizing prayers are staying unceasing.Be adult enough to attract a spouse; you are aging fast!smiley

Buahahahahahahahahaha! Dude you wish o. You wish. Baba I still dey school o. Rushing to where ke? Unfortunately you are talking to someone who thinks marriage is overrated so wetin you talk no pain me now, e still no go pain me in 10 years time. Idiots be flaunting marriage cert kiri and will come and be telling us stories that touch on NL. I'm still trying to understand how a responsible man will be arguing with a girl on social network. Are you that jobless?
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by tpiander: 4:48am On Jul 03, 2015
gay things
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by apolonius(m): 12:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
netizenbuzz:

Buahahahahahahahahaha! Dude you wish o. You wish. Baba I still dey school o. Rushing to where ke? Unfortunately you are talking to someone who thinks marriage is overrated so wetin you talk no pain me now, e still no go pain me in 10 years time. Idiots be flaunting marriage cert kiri and will come and be telling us stories that touch on NL. I'm still trying to understand how a responsible man will be arguing with a girl on social network. Are you that jobless?

Kid,I hope you think better and learn to respect people when you grow up.All the best.
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Agrika: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
obowunmi:
Do not follow the advice of many of the women ranting. The ones that are married kneel down to serve thier husband, cook and clean for him and only have power on twitter. They can't try the rubbish they're saying on twitter at home with their husbands.
What is wrong with kneeling and serving your husband or cooking for him....does it make u less human or less "feministic"....

Some naija men sha
Re: #beingfemaleinnigeria Trending On Twitter. How True Are These Tweets? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 07, 2015
apolonius:

Kid,I hope you think better and learn to respect people when you grow up.All the best.

Respect? Did you just say respect? Taa! Dude, I hope you realise that respect is earned and reciprocal when you eventually grow up

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

I Am Not Happy With My Wife Please Help / Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / Men, Please Be Good And Kind To Your Wife If You Wish To Enjoy Your Old Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.