Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,227 members, 7,836,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261822 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 7:18am On Aug 17, 2009
@all,
i got my 4.4m dish hooked up 2 nilesat yesterday night n got 245 channels. Big thanks 2 olofofo who has not being selfish wit is experience.

I used FUJI High Definition 0.2db LNB (given 2 me by olofofo) cut by me to get 73% on my trackin frequency 11862 V n most of d H freq came out except for 11996 H (showsports freq) and 11843 H (nile sports)which is jumpin btw red n green.

While i was at it yeste AD SPORTS was showin Barca match, nile is da bomb.

@experts in d house
wot am i not doin right for me to get show sports? My Lnb focal point is on 90 degrees or thereabout while facin d dish n is smoothly parallel wit d scaler. Please help i wil return back 2 it after work tonight.

Meanwhile, am i not suppose 2 get Atlantic bird 4 since is a difference of 2degrees?

@olofofo, pls help add me to g group 4 upgrade matter.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2009
const6:

@all,
i got my 4.4m dish hooked up 2 nilesat yesterday night n got 245 channels. Big thanks 2 olofofo who has not being selfish wit is experience.

I used FUJI High Definition 0.2db LNB (given 2 me by olofofo) cut by me to get 73% on my trackin frequency 11862 V n most of d H freq came out except for 11996 H (showsports freq) and 11843 H (nile sports)which is jumpin btw red n green.

While i was at it yeste AD SPORTS was showin Barca match, nile is da bomb.

@experts in d house
wot am i not doin right for me to get show sports? My Lnb focal point is on 90 degrees or thereabout while facin d dish n is smoothly parallel wit d scaler. Please help i wil return back 2 it after work tonight.

Meanwhile, am i not suppose 2 get Atlantic bird 4 since is a difference of 2degrees?

@olofofo, pls help add me to g group 4 upgrade matter.
With that size of dish you stand to have all the channels in nile at your hand without even one breaking. According to what u wrote i can confirm that ur focal calculation may be okay.
Okay,now try to use another lnb and see the outcome, or if u re the patient type just use the showsport tp and start tweaking the lnb small small. You u may also try lnbs like digisat and invacom.
@ Emexi
Yes i cut my digisat before i got good signal. I bought it 800 bulks from kaduna. Yes it worked far better than fuji in my own case.
@ George
Probably they may start using the same encryption method with orbit. This juju guys ll ve a lot of work up in their hands.
@ Chuks
How was ur badr installation. Did u guys succeeded?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 8:48am On Aug 17, 2009
sathob:

@dorg3
Please check your multi-tv diigbox, there is a compartment for card reader on the front panel. Check whether there is an opening or slot in that compartment, I strongly think it has a card reader. Please check and confirm.

I asked about the card reader, because Sentech South Africa the providers of E.Tv, SABC1, 2, 3, etc also claim to broadcast FTA, but you can only receive the signal with their Vidid decoders – reason being that the decoder comes with a nagravision card reader and a card in the slot. Since it’s supposed to be free to air they didn’t bother to change keys even though the keys were all over the net. Now that other pay-tv providers have put pressure on them, they decided to upgrade their encryption for the African beam, and maybe change keys for the South African beam, which I believe their decoders & cards will receive the updates. It there is a card reader and card, MultiTv may decide to block receiving without their decoder in future, Most times these things happen under pressure from the Pay-tv providers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2009
@CaptainUS
All Efforts in the week end could not release SABC1-3 & E to me on C band @ 62.0E 902
Whats the strongest TP on that Bird currently by the way?
Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 8:56am On Aug 17, 2009
@Microgiant
Good Reading There My Brother. Makes sense and trust me this Multi TV Business seems too good to be true. I wonder what is up their sleeve.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by niddle9(m): 10:34am On Aug 17, 2009
@Oga badaru.
I dey salute sir.
@Oga Ola
how is the new wife " LG HD" going?
I'm waiting your research on it. And i'm not sure of what to go for. Be it motorised,or hd.
@ifende
hope all is well? Abi una don turn hd too?
@linksman.
I should return to the jungle to hunt the hd again! Probably on wednesday. If only i get d add from my oga's.
@Oga george, twins. Fofo.
I salute!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2009
Const6,
If your dish is a metal one, go for invacom lnb if the cash is there. It will cost you 5k or 6k. Also note that the focal point of some locally fabricated dishes are not at their center due to error arising from imperfection.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fijabi(m): 1:10pm On Aug 17, 2009
@all,for those that catch daarsat hd reciever fever like me,if you like to track daarsat signal with strong there is a way out which is best than daarsat box,with a lot of reseach i get tp that is easy to track the bird ,just put this tp 10.977v,sr4.056 or10.956v,sr4.638 on your strong and start tracking, for those in lagos the dish elevation is 53.3degree & 27.5w degree.with those tp that i mention you must hit 80%,then connect your daarsat reciever and put daarsat tp,11.675v,30.000 &11.555v,30.000 and enjoy daarsat package for the rest of 68 days bye
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2009
@obnelly
sorry i just read our post. i was able to get 2M on 11653 V sr15714 but the highest signal quality i hit
was 52%. i used a65cm dish though. reading through the posts i can see Captainus already helped
you out with the fq & sr.
With the same frequency i watched Mr.Bolt shatter the 100m record on Arradiya 2 last night. you can try out that tp as well
and enjoy the Berlin 2009
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by okenze2003(m): 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2009
twinskenny: what of the DSTV card. why not include it in the product
without the card every other thing is worthless
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2009
@ Toxnaija
i can confirm Viasat1 showed the Everton/Arsenal game last saturday.i wathched the first
half of the game on 2M but switched to Viasat 1 when i realised they were also showing the
game so i could listen to the english commentary. Just before the start of the 2nd half
They advertised to show the
Arsenal/Portsmouth game on 22/08/09. what one can't confirm is wheter they will just show
the free-to-air premier league games. Last season three TV stations(GTV, TV3, NET 2) here in
Ghana showed the free-to-air premier league games. those stations are yet to run any commercial
s on the games. i am wondering if Viasat 1 got the rights instead of them
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 2:46pm On Aug 17, 2009
@pitodenz,

Thanks for your comment, i will get back at it again tonight, meanwhile, there seems to be changes with some of the tps, so i have printed a new channel list from lyngsat and go and try tonight.

What is the minimum dish to get good signal with all the channels of Badr 4/6? I am looking at facing a dish at dat too.

What is the tracking tp and is the tracking similar to nilesat? i.e. lnb skew, type of lnb and does the lnb needs to be cut?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 3:17pm On Aug 17, 2009
@ fijabi
can you be more explicit.
10.977v,sr4.056 for 53.3 degree west
10.956v,sr4.638 for 27.5 degree west
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fijabi(m): 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2009
@twinstaiye,i did not mention any 53.3 degree west,what i post was dish elevation for intelsat 907/ 27.5w for lagos and the two tp i mention was feed on intelsat 907 that can be use to track daarsat with strong reciever which is best way to get the bird,and later switch to your daarsat reciver thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2009
Blakstars:

Arsenal/Portsmouth game on 22/08/09. what one can't confirm is wheter they will just show
the free-to-air premier league games.
Last season three TV stations(GTV, TV3, NET 2) here in
Ghana showed the free-to-air premier league games. those stations are yet to run any commercial
s on the games. i am wondering if Viasat 1 got the rights instead of them
@Blakstars

I should think it is the Match of the Week(normally on saturday evening or monday night) they will be showing.You know the DSThieVes will not allow them to show the other ones.
Then again it is the Liverpool vrs Aston Villa( Monday 24/08/09, 19.00GMT) that looks more like the Match Of The Week not the Arsenalvrs Portsmouth(14.00GMT).Anyway it's all good, no complaints at all for freebies. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by justx24(m): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2009
@all

Hey guys , are u telling me no one knows the contact of an Ibadan based DAARSAT dealer, someone told me its mentioned in their ads on any their local stations , please someone , Or anyone intrested in shipping it to me in IB? grin grin grin

I misss my guy oooo

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2009
@ justx24,
Make u no worry, i go definitely help you out.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 5:56pm On Aug 17, 2009
@chuk101, my crtv on my daarsat decoder is cracking but when i switch to my strong decoder it is steady with 98%. Are u experiencing the same thing
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by lawryboy(m): 6:00pm On Aug 17, 2009
pls is there any new code for ETV on my tv because 6969 is no longer working. @all thanks in advance
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:17pm On Aug 17, 2009
@const6,
In addition to what BUTONEDAY and pitodenz have already said, that 4.4m dish of yours can do better than that. What you need to do first of all (after making sure that the focal lenght adjustment is alright) is to track with MBC tp (11938v) try to get your signal quality as high as 70% then move on to BBC tp (11766h). Adjust and see if you can get up to 66% quality. Try fox movies to confirm ok then move on to CNN tp (12073h). You need a lot of patience to get this right so don't be in a hurry. If you can get CNN up to 54-56% then nilesat is game as all possible tps on 101 & 102 would have come in.
AB4a is tricky though because since they changed that bird most of its tps are only for the north and ME/Asia. If you get stuck along the way you can holler ekonibaje as I think he made a post a few months back about installing a similar size dish and claimed recieving all tps including ab4a.
Again, 245 channels is rather low for that size dish. In fair weather, even with my 3m here i'm getting up to 450 channels.

NOTE: Remember also that your lnb polarity must be roughly in the 4'0 clock position facing the dish and facing west. You can always adjust this to bring out maximum signal with the lnb tweaking pole.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2009
@okenze2003

sorry i dnt have d card, and i didnt say i have dstv decoder, i said STRONG Decoder

if u are interested let me,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2009
@pitodenz,
Those guys are playing a dangerous game o! They better behave themselves now that the season has kicked off or we all will be forced to dump their card for good!

Looks like I will migrate to 3G as earlier discussed. I think that is the best way to get optimum value from the 6hrs cut off those guys are giving us free daily wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2009
emeystan:

@chuk101, my crtv on my daarsat decoder is cracking but when i switch to my strong decoder it is steady with 98%. Are u experiencing the same thing
i experienced the same thing too.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 8:44pm On Aug 17, 2009
@ yes emenystan i experienced similar thing too, infact i had to make a loop out connection to my strong decoder in order to watch the crtv channel, i nearly ran mad this night, i came back only to see no signal on my daarsat decoder, but when i checked the strong decoder i had strong signals on each of the channels including crtv, so with anxiety creeping up on , i panicked, however when i finally calmed myself i did a factory reset and viam every thing came back to normal,and i quickly went to setting to disable OTA, what an experience
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2009
emeystan:

I also experienced the same after an instllation in one of our member here in ph. But i told him not to worry. This why i cant do away with old master 4652. I ll track with 4652 nd see the outcome on daarsat decoder. How can one get 98% and still get it breaking in another receiver.
@ All
Juventus vs Ac Milan live on AD Sport in badr.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2009
@ Folo
Thanks man. But i ve got one.
@ Gofitech
If i can get sabc in this my location with 2.4m, i think u guys re not doing something right. Though sabc signal went down to 54% with strong X-SERIES
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2009
all my hommies from Ghana thanks a million for your support on 2m.one love.
pito,how body.i can seee u are online .can 1.8 m work with badr in lagos area?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by litaninja(m): 1:06am On Aug 18, 2009
Hi All.
Kudos to the original starter and moderator of this wonderful thread. I have picked up so much info that i relevant both locally and universally about FTA over here. Incidentally, i had registered here a long time ago but due t one thing or the other, I haven't been active.
I will be joining the FTA family soon and just returned from a trip to Alaba Int. Finally picked up a 1m dish, a Strong dual output universal lnb and Strong 4663x receiver. Hopefully, i will settle down to do the setup DIY style soon. I hope to start off with tracking some of the easier birds and upgrade as  time goes on,

Keep up the good work guys.
long live naija and long live FTA.

ninja
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 3:35am On Aug 18, 2009
HELLO OLOFOFO,
thank again.my connection has been off for two day now but am back.I tried the other feq. but it gave me the channels I already have.am looking for ALJAZEERA +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 HD.getting here to let you know watup you ahve drop me another feq. that really tell that you care about others.I will try it out and let you know the out come.can I say hi to you sometimes on phone if you one.I will have love to give you my sis but she married and having 3 kids. LOL .takecare.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 4:19am On Aug 18, 2009
thanks to all members
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by const6(m): 4:48am On Aug 18, 2009
@george_d
all wot u said is perfect tho is sad i got dis message late as i av finished tweakin b4 layin on my bed 2 read dis msg.

I started work on d dish dis evenin wen it was all cloudy n drizzlin.

To cut long story short, i used my trackin freq (11862) n turned my lnb to 4 o'clock (while facin d dish) n i got 84%. CNN came out wit 52%, showsport wit over 50% cant remember exactly n no ab4 freq came out but now i av 343 channels - there r some channels dat had no name it came out wit TV1 then freq as if they are feeds, one of which showed dundee utd vs hearts match. Ac milan vs juventus was on AD SPORTS

Thank u all, now i want 2 nail dis bird wit a 2.4 pan dish n see wot i can get or i wil try badr. Wots d trackin freq of badr n is it close,far or just above dstv?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ohikhena(m): 8:16am On Aug 18, 2009
@Dejsam,

As u requested yesterday,some of those scrambled channels on Hot bird 6 were encrypted with either SECA,VIACCESS,NIAGRAVISION,CRYPTOWORK,POWER IV or a combination of SECA,VIACCESS & NIAGRAVISION.the other free channels are mostly in italian

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.