Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,084 members, 7,835,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261799 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mide2008(m): 6:25am On Aug 14, 2009
@ pitodenz,
please confirm the signal strenght of MBC and Aljazeera sport +1 to +8 on Badr 4 & 6. i was able to nail orbit on Eurobird with 60% signal quality and sky promo and community channel on Astra 2A with 58% siganl quality. The MBC on Badr is giving me 44% cracking signal all on 4653x. i believe you were able to hit high signal at your end. Am i doing somethings wrong?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 7:15am On Aug 14, 2009
I don't have badr on my strong.I tried checking for it.please can you help me out
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2009
please what is the meaning of badr?I can't fine it on my strong
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 9:24am On Aug 14, 2009
@Sathob,

I did rescan mullti tv last night and it was only the radio channels that were added.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 9:27am On Aug 14, 2009
@ all,

Orbit new channels in nilesat 7w

Toon Disney
orbit news 1
orbit news 2
11977 v 27500 5/6
& showcinema 1, 2, 3 Left this TP

dubai tv to go hd too!!!!!!!!!!

see this place:http://www.sat-television.com/showthread.php?t=92285

@george d,

i have been trying to reach u since monday,

whats the problem with ur line.i beg give me a number to reach u on.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 9:35am On Aug 14, 2009
@Olason
I had never said daarsat receiver has blindscan. I only narrated what happened when I inputed MBC frequency and when I ask the receiver to scan the freq, without inputing the other nilesat frequencies, the receiver bring out all nilesat channels. At the end of that sentence, I then ask a question whether it can blindscan. I did not say it categorically that it can blindscan.
Sometimes it is good to report observations, you wouldnt know when it will be of greater help to someone reading it. If I know you will want to mis-read and mis-interprete my observations, I would have keep it to myself.

@all
Someone ask about a page ago, and I also ask again too - where is ENIGMA?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 10:06am On Aug 14, 2009
olofofo, BUTONEDAY
what about the santech gizmo?You guys didn't get back to me on where and /or how to get it. I am still waiting patiently.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2009
@captain
thank you for the confirmation. did you use strong?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 10:15am On Aug 14, 2009
@George_D
Thats probably true Prices for MPEG4 ready receivers are likely to go up: Question is where does one get that kind of money in these recession times?
Lord Have Mercy!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fasone(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2009
My good people I hail all of you. Well done for keeping this forum alive. All of u have been doing very well, I dont want to mention names, too numerous u know. Let me tell you that any one who comes here to pick information and use it to the detriment of Nigerian fta is already having the curses of God on his head. If u are one of them, leave now. Lets us enjoy what our meager income can afford us. Not many of us can afford the offers from daarsat, dstv, hitv, trendtv and the rest of them, abi. Long live FTA.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 10:41am On Aug 14, 2009
@ spacevice

Hi bro whats up, have you made up your mind yet? whether to get the Multi Tv digibox or wait for the STRONG Mpeg 4

Any i just heard on radio(joy fm) that multi tv have the rights to show la Liga , and Serie A now. The line up is mouth

watering now, Bundesliga, French Ligue One, Serie A & La Liga. My!! grin . We can depend on W6 or W3a for EPL as

well. The guys dey do very well. so far so verrrrry gooood. Big ups to them.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 10:56am On Aug 14, 2009
@twinstaiye .I was thinking it was high time we tightened the forum rules in regard to the people who visit this forum just for the sake of tapping whatever information they have need of.Is there a way you can make it impossible for non registered members to access the information on this forum
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2009
sathob:

@captain
thank you for the confirmation. did you use strong?

@Sathob
Yes I used 53x
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 11:10am On Aug 14, 2009
eduzo:

olofofo, BUTONEDAY
what about the santech gizmo?You guys didn't get back to me on where and /or how to get it. I am still waiting patiently.
eduzo

Santech is 3k. holla me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 11:42am On Aug 14, 2009
Hellow guys in da house,just a quick one.Can someone receive HD satellite broadcast with an HDTV 1080 resolution without any decoder?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 11:55am On Aug 14, 2009
Oga Twins, Haba! I din't mean it d way u are puttingit o, I just wanted clarification on d issue. @ George D tanks for reply. @linksman, pls any feedback as per d remote I wanted u to get me.am waiting tanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2009
@all. Rescan your decoders. MTV Lebanon on Eurobird 2. Freq. 11091 V
Sr 2900 Fec 3/4
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by maddoxoj(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2009
twinstaiye:

@Olason
I had never said daarsat receiver has blindscan. I only narrated what happened when I inputed MBC frequency and when I ask the receiver to scan the freq, without inputing the other nilesat frequencies, the receiver bring out all nilesat channels. At the end of that sentence, I then ask a question whether it can blindscan. I did not say it categorically that it can blindscan.
Sometimes it is good to report observations, you wouldnt know when it will be of greater help to someone reading it. If I know you will want to mis-read and mis-interprete my observations, I would have keep it to myself.

Daarsat may not have Blind Scan Function but it can surely perform NIT (Network Information Table) Scan which is standard in all modern receivers. Network Information Table is a signal sent thru one or more TPs on a satellite which informs your receiver of the TPs available from that same network which may be new or not already be imputed on your receiver smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ohikhena(m): 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2009
Hi guys,

Tot i should let u guys know that hopefully this weekend i hope to shoot some new birds with my 1.8m motorised dish set up.as at now i can confidently say i have nailed 12 bird with of course help from fellow forumites.these birds include

atlantic bird 3
Telstar 12
hot bird 6
nss 7 ku
eutelsat w3a
express(two russian channels)
badr
intelsat 907
intelsat 7/10 ku
intelsat 7/10 c band.
eutelsat w4
and of course the ever lovely nilesat

i HOPe to try out the astra 2b stuff this weekend end.

I would like to salute the resilience and courage of all Fta  members.my prayer would be for that day that i would be able to see of u guys FACE 2 FACE.alot of regards to the moderator,George D who seems to sleep,drink,eat and think Fta alway,Oga badaru,pITODENZ,EDUZO,OLASON,ENITAN,OLOFOFO,ADEWEST,SAMMU,BLACKSTAR,SALAMANDA,ALL THE OTHER OGAS TO NUMEROUS TO MENTION and to my main man Dejsam who has been of great help to me .
@Dejsam
bros i go break dis women for red star express or na fedex be their name.lol

@ ALL

Do have a great weekend and let keep pushing the limits Fta forever.God bless.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2009
@Blakstar

I don't know if i should wait for Strong 4910 or go in for Multi tv box oooo. The football action on JOY sports is tempting me though. Hope i get some cash to gamble with.

@All

Can't wait for my team, Arsenal to kick of on MBC 3. Happy weekend
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Emeritus153: 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2009
@all, i want appreciate everybody. GOD will always protect u all from the snare of the devil
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Unseen(m): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2009
@All
Just joined the Daarsat HD club today.But contrary to what George_D said, I did not find it difficult to use and as a matter of fact, the decoder was upgraded right there before i took it home and still used it for Multi tv and Daarsat;although it was a decoder to decoder upgrade.Guys, multi tv is hot!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2009
hi unseen i am glad u are enjoying multi tv , i just got another daar sat decoder and i cant wait to see the la liga matches

1 Like

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2009
you guys don't want to help me out ok.How can I get +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 HD on my strong.I need the feq. please
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2009
sathob:

@George_D
please rescan and check your receiver for multi-tv to confirm additional channels on the same tp, I understand it's more than 10 now. probably you can perform auotscan too.

@sathob,
Sorry I already logged off last night before your post. No, there are no new tv stations yet
on multi-tv just one radio station added-joy fm.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2009
@Unseen,
The daarsat ease-of-use comparison was with normal STRONG decoders. If you're a
satellite newbie you definitely will have some defficulties with daarsat decoders.
Again, part of my difficulties was not limited to the decoder configuration. It had to do
with figuring out how to co-mingle my multii-tv output with that of my other decoders
seeing as daarsat does not have an RF port.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2009
Dejsam:

@ all,

Orbit new channels in nilesat 7w

Toon Disney
orbit news 1
orbit news 2
11977 v 27500 5/6
& showcinema 1, 2, 3 Left this TP

dubai tv to go hd too!!!!!!!!!!

see this place:http://www.sat-television.com/showthread.php?t=92285

@george d,

i have been trying to reach u since monday,

whats the problem with ur line.i beg give me a number to reach u on.

@Dejsam,
I got those new channels last night when i did a blindscan. Finally both new orbit tps turned green to
my delight. Though they still come and go but at least now there is hope of getting them.
Sorry my mtn line is down so I am now on glo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by usher8701: 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2009
George_D:

@olason,
The daarsat HD works with diseqc switch but I'm not sure about the blind scan that oga Twinstaiye is
talking about because mine does not have. Maybe he is confusing auto scan for that I don't know.

you don't want to help me out on searching for Aljazeera channels on my strong. +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 HD
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bisi12004: 12:20am On Aug 15, 2009
Pls, what size of dish can i use to track badr 4&6. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Tomi247: 1:45am On Aug 15, 2009
You know what try this tp 12.722h26265
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Tomi247: 1:52am On Aug 15, 2009
How can i track ohtv,crtv.some one pls help
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olatiler(m): 2:08am On Aug 15, 2009
Good mornin to all member of ths greath forum, i believe 1 day we come, were we are goin to finish or drag away so call DSThieVes, in our fatherland or make them meaninles to our people, one lov naija,one love nairaland, one love FTA, I lov u all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.