Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,007 members, 7,863,659 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:38 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263161 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:49am On May 26, 2009
3 days to launch date
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:00am On May 26, 2009
I think this period of rainy season will be a better time to install nile, cos once you can pull down the best signal attainable at this period, one should be rest assured that by dry season, the signal will jump up appreciably in gain.

@ tox,
longest time to see.

@ ekonibaje,
thanks for that call.

@ jujuphysicst,
i will be glad if you can help me out regarding that. waiting for a feedback.

@ george,
how those waffey bony fishes? expect me in your location by JULY ooooooooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 7:15am On May 26, 2009
@ George D - u no go thank me? If i did not ask for the positioner from guys up north,nobody would ve revealed it. The first guy i installed it for made the same statement as u just did 'men we re in dark ages here'
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 8:59am On May 26, 2009
@ george,

how far about those stuffs.have u checked everything and they are intact?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2009
Ecowas4All:

@Blackstars,
Sorry my response is 5 days late. I've been terribly busy these days. In response to this:

Check say 700 GHC Alternatively talk to Salamander

Best Regards

@ Salamander

ecowas4ll said u help me out wth a motorised dish. where can i get one and @ what price?

can nilesat signals be recieved in accra? what dish size will b required

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 1:36pm On May 26, 2009
@ ugo,

try and chat with me online since the network in ur place is bad.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dodos(f): 2:45pm On May 26, 2009
@ all

I am a novice in all the stuff that are being discussed on this forum. I just bought myself a SRT 4663x (strong decoder) and my dish is facing the direction that has DSTV, MY TV and HiTV. Kindly guide me through all the FTA's i can have for this position and also if possible how to get others from different positions.

Pls note that i am a novice so you might have to go easy on me with the terminologies, processes and steps. Please help for i can only watch so many Christian Channels, and e tv from South Africa.

Please help for my TV is soo boring. My email address is xdodos@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Drelu(m): 3:19pm On May 26, 2009
@Dodo,
If you are new to FTA as claimed, the likes of etv and the numerous Christian channel should give you satisfaction for now, maybe after a while learn how to operate your decoder (adding new channel, arranging and deleting unwanted channel etc) then you can gradually move to changing your components to when you can install the easy to locate satellites.
It is after you must have passed thru all this stage that U can really appreciate FTA. and maybe install bigger dishes and source for other facilities (i.e buying other cards that u can update on regular basis to function effectively)
It is not something you stumble on and get to the hight in a day. U must also be prepared to do lots of reading and develop yourself.

Takia
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dodos(f): 4:03pm On May 26, 2009
@ Takia

Thanks so much for the encouragement but i can add, arrange and delete unwanted channels but cant change my components etc.

I am a fast learner and just need somebody to just guide me, am sure i will pick up in no time.

You sound like you know what you are about in this world, please get in touch and help
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dodos(f): 4:05pm On May 26, 2009
dodos:

@ Dre lu

Thanks so much for the encouragement but i can add, arrange and delete unwanted channels but cant change my components etc.

I am a fast learner and just need somebody to just guide me, am sure i will pick up in no time.

You sound like you know what you are about in this world, please get in touch and help
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 5:07pm On May 26, 2009
@dodos
If your dish is facing MYTV then if you do blindscan with your decoder, you should be able to get lots of free channels. If you dont know how to do blindscan, let us know so we can put you through. I think it is better you start from that end, then we can progress if you need any more knowledge of FTA
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 5:28pm On May 26, 2009
Blakstars:

@ Salamander

ecowas4ll said u help me out wth a motorised dish. where can i get one and @ what price?

can nilesat signals be recieved in accra? what dish size will b required

Thanks

The price range is from what Ecowas4all suggested. Nilesat is gotten here with a 4m dish with Fuji LNB.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2009
@enitan

finally the ogbanjes of this thread have caught up with you. sorry hen.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 26, 2009
I know that you are among too, cos u were contemplating maybe to come for my installation or not on friday, not knowing that you don already know that it aint gonna be possible, no be so?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 9:09pm On May 26, 2009
George-D,
Pls holla me to fill me in on the coded deals ooo.What is the attraction in the disceq Eurostar positioner?what are the features?I might like it too.

badaru/g+card users,
How does g+ card work-is it on Strong or any receiver?Does it need regular update too?

enitan,
economic recession don hit u too.na wa ooo.mide2008 has a fantastic package.I still have issues with ftb on my lappie.I will format it tomorrow to resolve the problem.I downloaded the latest pc suite and other programmes,yet no show for ftb.I am left with the format option now.

olofofo,
I hope you will be happy by this time tomorrow,though I hate the reds as a team with their over-hyping.But I love Fergie die.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 10:55pm On May 26, 2009
enitan na wah 4 u no show from ur end again.pls drop your mobile no on my messenger i will receive it as offline.need to call you.sorry i lost my phone and every contact inside.

ola 2m is ok but that on arryadia2 frequency is much better now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 2:24am On May 27, 2009
@ dodos take it easy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 6:36am On May 27, 2009
@Enitan,
Cheer up. Tough times don't last but tough men do. This "credit crunch" or "Economic Downturn" will not last forever. By the time you are up and running again, the house (i.e., forum) will have discovered better and more rewarding bird(s) to track compared to Nilesat - and you will smile again! wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bodejohn(m): 7:16am On May 27, 2009
@ Enitan

Your have been rewarded for making your mouth too big than your brain.
I have not forgiven you for that careless message you sent to the forum.
Abi, i send you message?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ohikhena(m): 9:07am On May 27, 2009
@Bodejohn
Dont be so hard on enitan.cant u c he is just a student trying to hussle his way thru.

@Dejsam thanks for all the tips.am really picking up fast.

@all
looking forward to an epic final tonight.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dodos(f): 9:13am On May 27, 2009
@ twinstaiye

Thanks for responding.  You see my decoder is SRT 4663x (strong decoder) and my dish is pointing towards MY TV.  Now if you can help by at least running me through the steps to do a blind scan ill be grateful.

@emexi

I understand if you say "take it easy" but dont know if you have ever been in my situation.  Imagine if you travel to Russia and want to learn the language but joined the class a bit late with no other member speaking English.  Imagine how funny you would look when the lecturer enters speaks in Russia and the whole class respond in Russia.  Can you imagine that day.  Thats how am feeling.

I want to know more about FTAs, but it seems you guys are way ahead.  All i need is a little push and i will catch up.

Hope you understand.  Thanks anyway for your concern. (xdodos@hotmail.com)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 9:20am On May 27, 2009
@ Enitan,
My advice for you is for you to parley with Pito. As a man from the east, he is very good at business. Pito is making more money now from FTB than he is making from FTA. In fact he is a champion in some FTB sites and he receives over 200 text messages in a day. If you link up with him, I am sure you will erect your dish sooner than you think.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 10:17am On May 27, 2009
toxnaija
i have the 37.6 satellite tracked. It is RR sat promo and feeds. two channels on that frequency. I tried blind scanning but picked up nothing more.
Please when you posted the info that Hotbird is receivable with a 2.4 m dish do you mean mesh, fibre or pan? I live in enugu and i believe that what ever is receivable in lagos is receivable in enugu.
thanks.

George D
please if it is not asking too much could you please explain the advantages of the disec 1.2 over the regular gizmo
thanks

eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by badaru1(m): 10:32am On May 27, 2009
@TOX

Gama+ works on any decoder that is irdeto embeded-like strong,echolink,starsat etc.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nuresine: 10:52am On May 27, 2009
@ll
pls i want the house to assit me on 1.8m motorised dish,after a month i have been trying to install it,i finally come out with a single mytv position and i am not able to get other position,but i don't know the problem because i am not install any one before.i try to move the jack with remote control of position from east to west i could't get other position apart from mytv position.secondly i want to store this position too, but i am not get it.

my result as follows:
the ETV is about 85%, and other xhristain channel is 76%
the following attached picture is my installation.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nuresine: 10:55am On May 27, 2009
@badaru
oga badaru pls can u assit me on my setup.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 11:52am On May 27, 2009
@Enitan
For USA & Canada FTA

Coolsat battles "clones"
Not long after Bl left as spokesman for Coolsat, the popularity of their product became apparent as clones from China hit the N.A. market. With Hyundai engineers & support, Coolsat was the first company to successfully defend their intellectual rights (firmware they had developed) by introducing a timebomb that killed ONLY cloned units. This was no easy task, yet they pulled it off successfully. It was mismanagement of the company later on that resulted in loss of Hyundai support and financial problems for Coolsat. Continued mismanagement of the company has caused Coolsat's unfortunate position in the industry now.

For more info: http://forum.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/discus.pl?pg=prev&topic=2&page=471720

Same goes for Europe FTA
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 3:32pm On May 27, 2009
badaru1:

@TOX

Gama+ works on any decoder that is irdeto embeded-like strong,echolink,starsat etc.
@badaru1
bros is strong not of Conax encryption/ CAS embeded? which of its make is Irdeto embeded?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 4:45pm On May 27, 2009
Enitan, na wa for you o! so you can jus fashe your paddy like that. wel no wahala
ALL, watch out for Man u vs Baca on W3A
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2009
pitodenz:

@ George D - u no go thank me? If i did not ask for the positioner from guys up north,nobody would ve revealed it. The first guy i installed it for made the same statement as u just did 'men we re in dark ages here'

@pito,
Abeg no vex. Na you I suppose thank pass. Truely if not for you, I for no know say dis kind stuff
dey naija.

The stuff is back on now. I was left stranded throughout yesterday. It was showing 'network busy'.
I even think say the people don change the code. But no lele, everything is koko now smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.