Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,477 members, 7,861,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:09 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263049 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 8:51am On May 30, 2009
@george d. what is the size of the dish you are using for badr ku and have you been able to track eutelsat w6 on your dish. let me know
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 9:02am On May 30, 2009
i have 90cm DSTV DISH, with all the accessories, and STRONG decoder, which FTA channels i can get on it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:00am On May 30, 2009
toxnaija:

George-D,
Is it only the positioner inside the house that I would need to do away with when i get the new stuff?or does it come with the rod under the dish?how far with ur dish?

@toxnaija,
It is only the positioner inside the house you need to change. Just remove the old stand alone and
install the diseqc 1.2 positioner. The directions on how to install is contained in the manual but basically
it involves routing the lnb to the positioner and then connecting the positioner to the decoder. The
diseqc 1.2 positioner now serves as the central hub processing data between the lnb and the reciever.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:15am On May 30, 2009
twinskenny:

i have 90cm DSTV DISH, with all the accessories, and STRONG decoder, which FTA channels i can get on it?

@twinskenny,
First of all, let me correct that wrong impression. There is nothing like a 'DSTV' dish. Any dish of correct
size can be used to watch dstv, mytv, hitv or free-to-air channels. Don't mind those installers who go
about printing dstv on every dish.
Now for your question, since you already have a 90cm dish, and strong decoder, you can watch etv,
sabc, cnbc, press tv, etc on pas 7/10 where mytv is. You can also watch MBC tanzania, TV Zimbo, etc
on Eutelsat w3a, you can watch globecast on sirius 4, and LC2, TV5 monde, france 24, direct 8 on NSS7.
However, you need to learn how to track these satellites first and the relevant frequencies and positions
east or west where they are located. Hope this helps?

You're welcome on board.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:25am On May 30, 2009
@emexi,
I am using a 3.0m fibre dish. Badr is an out-of-footprint satellite as compared to eutelsat w6 which
is more of a DTH (direct-to-home) bird. So if I could get badr without stress, then it stands to reason
that w6 would be a piece of cake.

To your question, yes, I was able to pick eutelsat w6 with my dish a few days back when I was
tracking hotbird.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 11:16am On May 30, 2009
@george D, thanks so much, am in lagos, I dont mind if i can get someone who can help me track this signars for a minimum fee, i will appreciate it, Thanks once more
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 11:48am On May 30, 2009
twinskenny:

@george D, thanks so much, am in lagos, I dont mind if i can get someone who can help me track this signars for a minimum fee, i will appreciate it, Thanks once more

with your name, i feel a copyright infringment with the name of our moderator.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 11:52am On May 30, 2009
thank you, i am a twins as well, hope u understand, i need help on who can help me install FTA, I reside around Shomolu Lagos
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 2:13pm On May 30, 2009
olofofo:

with your name, i feel a copyright infringement with the name of our moderator.
You can say that again Olofofo, truth is, there is no copyright infringements in names, wait until you see someone with a username olofofo1, olofofo2 or even original olofofo.  grin

@ all
With the help of Olofofo and Badaru, I set to work yesterday to track the hotbird here in Abuja with my 2.4M dish.  It was quite an experience, albeit, fruitless.  Either it is not possible with 2.4M dish or that the weather wasnt friendly yesterday.  I got the W6 and I got the w3a, all effort to track hotbird prove abortive. I gave up when rain started drizzling.
Well, when it is getting dark, I decided to put my dish back to nilesat, and also to see if I can get a better signal for nilesat. The success that I cant get in hotbird, I got it in Nilesat.  I was able to achieve a better signal compare to what I had before.  I also discover so many things while at it, which further prove that it is always rewarding doing it yourself.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 4:18pm On May 30, 2009
@ George-D
Thanks alot for your response. I must acknowledge here that u are not d modrator, but I will call u the COORDINATOR. Does that make any difference? Thanks for the inmense contribution to enligthening all fta lovers.
If d positioner goes for that amount, I think its worth going 4. Lets save ourselves the stress!
@ Desjam,
I will get intouch with u later on hw to get mine,I mean the positioner, If am not able to get a good deal in abj.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 4:22pm On May 30, 2009
Oga Twinstaiye,
I de greet o.
Happy weekend
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 5:17pm On May 30, 2009
@george d, thanks man for your effort , the question and answer actually was in favour of my friend who wanted to know , the man enjoys reading from dedicated hobbyist like you and the rest of the fta fans ,but will never register or contribute and as you once said , a lot men and women enjoys lapping up information inorder to challenge or just to show intelligence that they too belongs to the elite fellows of fta who succeds through do it your self research
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 30, 2009
@ twinskenny,
i simply cant believe that its now you are going for FTA, if others have known you like i do, they wouldn't have troubled theirselves replying you.

FTA should be a serious hobby and not one to go into because others are into it.

@ george D,
kudos to you for your able coordinating
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 8:36pm On May 30, 2009
bro enitan, not like that, i just moved from Abuja to Lagos, and i relocated my dish and the suff, and i dont have enuf time to do this trick, please i just need someone to help me with a minimum fee,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by niddle9(m): 12:22am On May 31, 2009
cry Oga moderator,george d, olofofo, pitodenze, baba egun, badaru, adewest, enitan, enigma, and all others that always strive to make someone like me a satelitepedia. May God increases una in knowledge and not kill una signal chips. Amen.
I consider this post as my first, and prayed not my last. because am always afraid 2talk in d midst of awon agbalagba!, i thnk i might be of help to twinskenny if i know which satelite he's tracking maybe i could test run my do-it-yourself,. So i am seeking 4 permission to share what u guys's taught wth ur experiences.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 12:42am On May 31, 2009
@thanks Niddle_N, I will really appreciate your help, i have a 90cm dish, strong decoder, and all other accessories, i will really appreciate your help if u can help me point to a better sat,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 12:49am On May 31, 2009
thank God for fta, this what FTA gave me and am shearing it with u guys

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 2:01am On May 31, 2009
Enitan, tanks for helping a brother out with dat your stuff.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by omega25red(m): 4:55am On May 31, 2009
Did you guys in naija notice that some of the channels are moving on to a different encryption or is it just here in the us and canada?? something called narga 3
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:44am On May 31, 2009
@twinskenny,
I'm glad you're making progress already going by the list of items you have
aquired. That is the spirit of FTA. You can team up with niddle_9 who has
already offered to help you with your installation. Together both of you can
work and learn as you go along. From time to time if you run into any hitch,
just give any one of us a call and we'll be glad to help out.

@niddle_9,
Thanks for rallying to the rescue of a member in need. Just apply the little
you know and you'll surprise yourself just how useful that 'little' knowledge
can be.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 10:51am On May 31, 2009
all RRsat is ok but no pictures for now ,it has a feed attached to it.so on that satellite you have two channels available now.

also i tried daarsat,kai this people stubborn no be small i got their signal up to 40% but no green at all.

ola,no new channels on NSS7 .
I will try some other channels and give you feed back.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by williams85(m): 12:09pm On May 31, 2009
I used to recieve Ait on 18 west with 57% signal but i can't even get it now.But the Daarsat feed and the ethopia channels are showing. The same thing happens to nta and co. is it a general problem?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinskenny(m): 2:27pm On May 31, 2009
thanks georgeD, I have already email Niddle_N hope to hear from him soon.

thanks for keeping the spirit alive
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 3:11pm On May 31, 2009
@all
As at the time of this post, all showsports packages and some showtime packages are free to air.  This means you can watch free without any encryption.  Enjoy while it last. grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by nuresine: 6:36pm On May 31, 2009
@George_D
bros thanks a lot, i am alight my pole then i remove the ku band lnb put only c band there ,then i tack about 2 position i.e c band of mytv,arabsat2 ,and nss7 and all turn to green,then i went back to mytv cband mark the pont btw it and nss7 then fixed my jack,but i could't get any position with my jack.also i start it from east i.e mytv cband then to store it with positioner but i could't see any sign of store that position,then move the dish to the west to track another position which i am not get any one,then press 1 on my positioner to go back to mytv but the jack did not move at all.bros can u just let me what i will do next.
thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:30pm On May 31, 2009
@nuresine,
You have two main problems: 1) Your dish neck is not properly secured at the right point.
2) Your jack is not properly installed. Forget about intelsat 7/10 c-band first, just concentrate
on your KU band. Track mytv on your east. mark the point on the dish pole with your chalk
then track NSS7 KU on the west. Mark the position on your dish pole. Lift the dish upwards
and try to track sirius 4. Check your mytv to see that it's still showing and then look for the
midpoint btw the two chalk marks. Tighten your dish neck firmly. At this point, don't install the
jack yet. Remove the ku band lnb and fix the c-band lnb. You can now try intelsat 7/10 c-band
make sure you don't include the di-electric. Now put the di-electric and try for intelsat 906,
902 and 907. Take note of the lnb skew. Fix it at about 2 o clock position and adjust the focal
lenght. After you're happy that all positions are working fine, install the jack. You need to know
how to use your positioner to store your satellites (read the manual). After you have done this,
use your jack to move the dish and store the various positions and enjoy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:39pm On May 31, 2009
twinstaiye:

@ all
With the help of Olofofo and Badaru, I set to work yesterday to track the hotbird here in Abuja with my 2.4M dish.  It was quite an experience, albeit, fruitless.  Either it is not possible with 2.4M dish or that the weather wasnt friendly yesterday.  I got the W6 and I got the w3a, all effort to track hotbird prove abortive. I gave up when rain started drizzling.
Well, when it is getting dark, I decided to put my dish back to nilesat, and also to see if I can get a better signal for nilesat. The success that I cant get in hotbird, I got it in Nilesat.  I was able to achieve a better signal compare to what I had before.  I also discover so many things while at it, which further prove that it is always rewarding doing it yourself.

Oga twinstaiye,
You should be able to get hotbird in Abuja with 2.4m. If people in Lagos can get it with same size dish,
then Abuja should be easier. Maybe there is something you're not doing right. Since you can get w3a
and w6, hotbird is roughly midway between those two birds. Check your dish alignment and try again.
I got it here with my 3.0m up to 56% with those frequencies (11727v & 10723h) I posted some days
back. And I didn't even bother to fine tune.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:18pm On May 31, 2009
williams85:

I used to recieve Ait on 18 west with 57% signal but i can't even get it now.But the Daarsat feed and the ethopia channels are showing. The same thing happens to nta and co. is it a general problem?

@williams85,
Try 3813v on intelsat 901. That former tp (3803v) is no longer reliable for getting AIT.
NTA is still on at Intelsat 907 though with weak signals always cracking.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by naijafinestgal(f): 1:34am On Jun 01, 2009
This thread is boring,,why dont u change it to fta for big dish??[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 6:07am On Jun 01, 2009
@williams85 ait is very strong on 3813 v or h sym 2480 65% on 1.8m dish and nta is equally strong using 3898v and sym 2893

@naijafinestgal.this thread is all fta and bigdish . enjoy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by odilibe(m): 6:57am On Jun 01, 2009
@naijafinestgal
fta is not only for
big dish it is all so
for 90cm ,60cm etc, besides it is
not a boring thread, dont let
people with 90cm
and the rest of
small dishes see
ur post cos u are
trying,to cut them
off from this thread,
the big dish is mainly for c band
reception and out
of foothprint satellites in ku
band or even c band,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:26am On Jun 01, 2009
naijafinestgal:

This thread is boring,,why dont u change it to fta for big dish??[color=#990000][/color]

@naijafinestgal,
I'm sure you just stumbled across this thread by chance since I can see this is your first post
or probably you've been following from a distance and never cared to post until now. Whichever
it is, I'll advice you don't make generic comments that seem to expose you as a gate crasher.

This thread is not all about big dishes. Never mind that we seem to concentrate more on 3m,
2.4m or even 1.8m these days but it wasn't always like this. If you care to read posts in season
one of this thread, you'll discover that we started with 90cm dishes or less. Gradually we
progressed to bigger dishes as the thirst for better, bigger birds took hold. That is not to say
that we don't discuss smaller dishes anymore. Go back a page from here and you'll see our new
members twinskenny and fx asking for directions on how to install 90cm dishes. Nobody shut them
down, rather they were offered solid advice and given resources that they couldn't get anywhere
else. Besides, despite all these talk of 3m, 2.4m etc, some of us still do have our good old 90cm
dishes which we still try our hands on from time to time to oil our skills.

Therefore, rather than jumping out of the blues to make unhelpful, crude, comments you could
ask for assistance if you have any queries on 90cm dishes. We will be only too glad to share our
knowledge with you. And seeing you're even a lady, I know one very good member who loves
'fishes' so much that he would bend over backwards to offer you assistance even up to physically
installing your dish for you free of charge! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.