Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. (45461 Views)

The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria / HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by hotgunz(m): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2015
saxywale:

Dude..easy mehn...
....it is not the job of an engineer to connect a point of light... grin grin grin. That is for the techncians who are supervised by technologist who are in turn supervised by engineers. Engineers are usually project managers and are not meant to have to much hand on skills experience. They are the brain behind the project.
In Canada or most developed countries, engineers don't even design or draft like they do in Nigeria, that is the work of technologist...Engineers review the drawing and either reject or approve the design/draft so that the project can go ahead.
u supervisin wat u dont knw? Third mumu of the day.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Popoolaoladayo(m): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2015
Jakara:
Federal Government should please end this certificate discrimination between HND & B.Sc. holders in Federal Ministry of Interior (Prisons, Immigration, Civil Defence) and others in order to increase their productivity.

This discrimination is irrelevant, dangerious, unethical and unconstitutional.

There is a looming bloody clash between these two cadres at fields of operation due to live arms/ammunition they bear and that is why every well meaning Nigerian should help towards scrapping out this because you/ your family will become victim directly/indirectly & never ask God why because you caused it by not publishing or broadcasting this message.

Few of the discriminations witnessed in Min. of Interior are;
? HND (Inspectorate Cadre), while B.Sc. (Superintendent Cadre).
? Entry Level for HND is G/L 7, while a fellow Graduate with B.Sc. is G/L 8.In the first place, it is important to note that the two systems are not the same and can never be the same. One is also not an alternative to the other. Polytechnic education is purely a techno-scientific education. This is in contrast to that of the university that is predominantly academic. The meaning of this is that while polytechnic education concentrates on technical cum scientific education and at the same time providing the nation and economy with the much needed and indispensable middle level manpower, the university concentrates on academic work and research. The result of their academic and research work is exactly what the polytechnic cadre puts into a practical form. For instance, an Electronics/Electrical Engineering graduate from the university can sit down on a table and plan how a given building can be wired. He is not expected to do the wiring himself. The wiring, which is a practical aspect, is now the responsibility of the polytechnic Electronic/Electrical Engineering graduate.
The argument here is that while polytechnic education is more of practical, The Bachelor’s Degree also known as “Baccalaureate” in many countries. The word baccalaureate is a distorted version of German word “Bakkalaureus.” The Bachelor’s degree was first awarded in Germany, but was later abolished. The degree resurfaced in 1820, however, as part of a change in the higher education system. A Bachelor’s degree is an undergraduate academic degree. The name “Bachelor” was given to the degree because of the English word “Bachelor” meaning young apprentice (Encyclopaedia Britannica 2007).that of the university is theoretical. Polytechnic education is, for instance, 60 per cent practical and 40 percent theoretical while that of the university is vice versa.
This little explanation is a pure pointer to the fact that both educational systems are not the same or is one an alternative to the other. Therefore, a student who is opting for the polytechnic education should bear in mind that he is opting for a practical- oriented education. He can only switch to the university if he wants to go academic or theoretical. In a nutshell, one does not enter a polytechnic as a last resort. It is a different educational system with its own mission, vision and, of course, a clear objective.
Countries like Japan, Korea, Germany, Australia, Malaysia and many developed economies rely deeply on skilled and technical education despite knowing that the university education has an edge over the polytechnic education.Both qualifications work hand in hand because they compliment each other.The government of Nigeria should apply Adams Stacy's equity theory so as to give a positive end result in organizational goals.More so course content of both the university and the Polytechnic should be interwoven.
The discrimination is conspicuous and i know how you feel jakarta.i held the bull by the horn by going back to school dumping my two HNDs for PGD.I surged on and today i will affirmatively tell you that i have two masters degrees and a PHD in view.You can even decide to do a top program in any university(it is just one year six month).
Finally you will observe that you even have the edge over every because you have the acumen of the practicals and theory in you.IF THE CONTEMPORARY SITUATION IS DOWNGRADING YOUR EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT,FIGHT IT HARD TO BEAT THE CONTEMPORARY POLICIES OF THE EDUCATIONAL DICHOTOMY.
? HND G/L 7 earns (#70,000 pm), while B.Sc. G/L 8 earns (#120,000 pm).
? Terminal Point for HND is G/L 13, while B.Sc. is to the highest G/L.
? HND/ inspectorate cadre ranks are confusing, while superintendent
ranks are normal ranks/recognized ranks in military/paramilitary
agencies.
? B.Sc Holder hardly pay complement to his superior officer with HND certificate.
? HND graduates are denied one Grade Level during rank conversation.
? Above all, HND holder in this Ministry of Interior are regarded and treated as artisans with WASC or Trade Test qualifications.

It is shameful that staff of Ministry of Interior and others as affected no longer concentrate on their duties or bring ideas that could help the job, rather they focuse on getting more certificates by hook or by crook in order to be converted to superintendent cadre.

It is obvious that other well recognised security agencies like; Nigeria Military, DSS, Nigerian Police, etc do not discriminate
in ranking between HND & B.Sc. Holders.

Federal Government should merge Ministry of Interior with Police to stop this nonsense if they persists in this evil act called discrimination.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by kayusbrown(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2015
Jakara:
Federal Government should please end this certificate discrimination between HND & B.Sc. holders in Federal Ministry of Interior (Prisons, Immigration, Civil Defence) and others in order to increase their productivity.

This discrimination is irrelevant, dangerious, unethical and unconstitutional.

There is a looming bloody clash between these two cadres at fields of operation due to live arms/ammunition they bear and that is why every well meaning Nigerian should help towards scrapping out this because you/ your family will become victim directly/indirectly & never ask God why because you caused it by not publishing or broadcasting this message.

Few of the discriminations witnessed in Min. of Interior are;
? HND (Inspectorate Cadre), while B.Sc. (Superintendent Cadre).
? Entry Level for HND is G/L 7, while a fellow Graduate with B.Sc. is G/L 8.
? HND G/L 7 earns (#70,000 pm), while B.Sc. G/L 8 earns (#120,000 pm).
? Terminal Point for HND is G/L 13, while B.Sc. is to the highest G/L.
? HND/ inspectorate cadre ranks are confusing, while superintendent
ranks are normal ranks/recognized ranks in military/paramilitary
agencies.
? B.Sc Holder hardly pay complement to his superior officer with HND certificate.
? HND graduates are denied one Grade Level during rank conversation.
? Above all, HND holder in this Ministry of Interior are regarded and treated as artisans with WASC or Trade Test qualifications.

It is shameful that staff of Ministry of Interior and others as affected no longer concentrate on their duties or bring ideas that could help the job, rather they focuse on getting more certificates by hook or by crook in order to be converted to superintendent cadre.

It is obvious that other well recognised security agencies like; Nigeria Military, DSS, Nigerian Police, etc do not discriminate
in ranking between HND & B.Sc. Holders.

Federal Government should merge Ministry of Interior with Police to stop this nonsense if they persists in this evil act called discrimination.

It's all politics and has nothing to do with professional or academic competence. You won't find such discrimination in the Military and Police because the Defense and Police Academies were awarding HND to their graduates before they were converted to degree awarding institutions. So most of those in the top echelons of the Military and Police are HND holders and will therefore not allow such evil dichotomy to polarize their institutions.

The agitations about the dichotomy have been endless. Last year, a bill seeking to abolish the discrimination scaled through second reading in the Senate. I believe the end is near. We are waiting for PMB to appoint the Minister for Education and hoping it will be Obiageli Ezekwesili. She understands the problem and has a viable solution.

My advice to those who know their worth and can't endure the nonsense going on in the ministry of interior is to quit their jobs. Killing your colleagues to express your anger is totally wrong and an act of treason. You know what you were going into because the discrimination is always evident in their job adverts. This is why most HND holders, who know their worth, didn't apply for the position they were relegated to in the recent Nigeria Immigration Service recruitment. So quit now before it is too late. Entrepreneurship offers a level playing ground and those of us who embraced it now have CVs from B.Sc. holders on our desks with absolute prerogative to employ them or not.

You can view my profile to read more about the issue for a better perspective. We will continue to be a consuming economy until we abolish this dichotomy and give technical education its deserved priority.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 05, 2015
hotgunz:
u supervisin wat u dont knw? Third mumu of the day.
Now I know you are a nincompoop and don't even deserve the technician/technologist certificate you own since you don't know what your job entails..no wonder Nigeria is in a deep mess...blady educated Illiterate.

There is a reason why Cooperations like Mobil and Total specify in their adverts: Ond/Hnd/HNC/dipoma for technologist positions and Bsc/Btech/Beng for engineering positions.

If you hate degree holders(Engineers and Engineers in training) that much, why don't you apply for direct entry and top up your diploma so you can get the engineering title as a prefix to your name too.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by perryy(m): 8:47am On Jul 05, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]Polytechnic teachers are resistant in this respect. They don't want to update or improve themselves because of laziness.

NUC is only responsible for universities' regulation though.[/size]

Yes, I know that NUC is only responsible for university education. And that is why I said they are doing a great job and making it possible for us to have good lecturers in the university. NABTEB or whatever regulates polytechnics and they are doing very poor job.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by perryy(m): 8:57am On Jul 05, 2015
swimcash:
y complicate life? everi1 knws abt d descrimination frm d onset n yet det choose 2 attend poly instead if uni, cos ita easier 2 gain admission n cos sum if den could nt meet up wit d 5credit required. wen obasanjo tried makin it equal he did nt susceed cos even d lecturers un poly kick against it. bro, u futherin ur educatn was because u knew B.sc wil always subpass hnd, lets odas wit hnd do likewise instead of askin 4 d impossible. its dosent seems ryt comparin both, so i advise pple wit hnd 2 try n futher dere educatn instead of makin noise n seekin 4 d impossible
. Stop prating about what you don't know. I have 4 A and four credits in my waec, best in my set, yet, I attended a polytechnics due to financial constraints. My hope was to get a job after my OND to enable me further my education, but when no job was forthcoming, I had to go back to complete my HND, a decision I regret.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by perryy(m): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2015
bigerboy200:

On a lighter note tho ''I'm a POLYTECHNICS graduate??''....i know it's a typo error sha...lol.. but u sound over confident...just chill..never feel superior or inferior to anyone..never never..

Fault of auto correct mechanism on my smartphone. You of all people should know this. It is polytechnic. The polytechnics is the plural form of polytechnic. Have you used a z30? Lol.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:

What is this half-backed poly student saying? Where did your empty-skulled self hear me calling champion incorrectly? It is like you are hallucinating. You can go and die if you want. You will always be subject to BSC holders forever! Eediot.
r u rili sure u r better than d HND holder
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by perryy(m): 9:05am On Jul 05, 2015
ndidibabe:
Please stop being ridiculous. You are one of the reasons why the guy is 'molesting' HND guys. You mean he should say "Which Poly did you graduated from?" Haba, don't kill me this morning o.

Exactly. He certainly does not know the functions of did. Even the way he used the word 'suppose' is the right firm.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by omonnakoda: 9:07am On Jul 05, 2015
GODAKPAN:

GUY, NO SUCH BASIS FOR COMPARISM, SEEN PRIMARY SCHOOL KIDS SOLVE PROBLEM SOME SECONDARY SCHOOL KID CANT SOLVE. I CAN DO IS EASY SAID BUT HOW DO I VERIFY THAT HE CAN DO, IS IT NOT THE CERT. IMAGINE I CAME TO YOUR INTERVIEW YOU SCHEDULED FOR AERONAUTICAL ENGR AND I CAME WITH C&G AND START BLABBING THAT I CAN, HOW DO YOU VERIFY THAT I CAN TO EVEN GIVE ME A TRY. MIND YOU, EVERY ROUND PEG IN A SQUARE HOLE IS A QUACK. YOU CAN PATRONISE THEM AT YOUR PERIL

Already the first impression you create about yourself with your writing is of a mediocre individual with an inflated and delusional sense of self worth.

I left university more than 20 years ago. In those days we learnt how to think ,to listen and to keep an open mind. I think this is an interesting subject to debate.I also believe many of our young people these days cannot reason at all. Many of the Nigerian graduates I meet today are not at the academic level I was when I ENTERED university so I do not believe many people are getting any education in universities.In all honesty I have even met some of the lecturers and we saw one of the "professor" a state INEC chairman embarrass himself on TV it really is very disappointing.
One of the things that I learnt was to be able to debate BOTH SIDES of any argument with confidence and knowledge.That was the best way to get understanding. These days we have rigid minds that know little yet believe the know everything
Those who make the most noise often have the least knowledge. I suggest people should research about the BINARY DIVIDE which existed in the United Kingdom and how it was abrogated.

Nigerians are very preoccupied with status and putting people down . PHCH was full of hundreds if not thousands of so called ENGINEERS with university degrees that insist on using the ridiculous title "ENGINEER" which I have not encountered anywhere outside Nigeria. Of what value are their degrees?

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 05, 2015
ABJDOT:
I'll rather suggest that, Bsc and Olevel should be collecting the same salaries........Abeg Uni work no else jo....ask student of UI,AUAA,OAU or FUTA.
Even to see 70K work per month no easy in this country again 80% of our youth now re involving in Internet Fraud.

Last Bullet===Its not how far but how well.

to me HND holder are still much more respected than b.sc holder in d labor market in other country and some part of Nigeria
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by sasquareT(m): 9:13am On Jul 05, 2015
@op this is uncalled for.....how can you be comparing Bsc with HND, deep down I know you guyz knew the truth but you are not ready to face it.....just like one said, the mode and standard of entering into both institution are very different, so before you start comparing them, I want you to agitate that their mode of entering should be made equal how does that sound?
Beside did you no that any department without a professor will be closed in university, I doubt if that the same for polythecnic
Yes some poly student are very sound but you can still say because of that,that they sould be made equal, because so also some uni student.
Finally @op I want you to answer this question,if you can sincerely answer it then you shouldn't argue further.
Is the disparities between NCE holder and HND holder justifiable?
Modified

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by busoye19: 9:16am On Jul 05, 2015
BSc and HND are not the same anywhere in the world. For those who are agitating that Bsc should be equal to HND in Nigeria. Try and apply for Masters program abroad with your HND certificate and see what will happen.
Stop all this your agitation and accept your fate or better still, get a Bsc certificate.
The curriculums and course contents are not the same, I went through both systems. They're not the same I repeat.
University is a research and Technological based institution, while Polytechnic is just a Technological based institution.
In the Polytechnic, HND/Bsc holder can become a senior lecturer/HOD, Msc a Rector. You may not pass through a Professor throughout your duration in school.
In the University, Bsc can only be assistant lecturer even with first class honors. HOD/Dean of facilities are Professors.
There is no basis for comparison pls.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by momentum85(m): 9:18am On Jul 05, 2015
Bollove:
[b]for HND/B.sc disparity .....

I was once in Polytechnic before porting to uni thus I have experienced both Institutions and I can tell you the condition and parameters of learning in both Institution differs as far as academic is concern.

B.sc is Bachelor of Science ...which implies you have been "theoretically, conceptually and pragmatically" equipped to relate with modalities of your discipline while HND , Higher National Diploma implied you have been pragmatically (practically) equipped to relate with modalities in your discipline as theoretically and conceptually evolved by a B.sc/M.sc/PhD holder

Polytechnics in a bid to make more money has delved into discipline they don't have resources to undertake .....

at parity, You can't compare somebody who has been tutored by professors with somebody who hardly passed through a PhD holder in his/her entire academic life.

Polytechnic is a technical school from her name "technics" the poly implies the discipline in such Institution is more than one technical discipline e.g Civil engineering, Elect elect , Mech eng etc ..... we also have monotechnics , an institution that specialise in one technical discipline e.g Civil engineering.

At Parity, you can't expect somebody who is theoretically, conceptually and pragmatically oriented to be at the same level with someone who is much pragmatically oriented with little conceptualizing and theoretical underpinnings, framework s and background[/b] .......

Please learn things yourself before you dabble into conclusions. Those people who gives Poly 70,000 and B.sc 120,000 are not fo.ol and it is not as if they don't know what they are doing .

You can't compare B.sc accounting/M.sc Accounting/PhD Accounting with a Chartered Accountant in terms of training received and pay ...... the PhD/B.sc/M.sc are academic orientations while ICAN is a professional/Practical orientation that is why HND holders in accounting excel well in ICAN than B.sc Accounting at parity

if you have HND , technical orientation before you can dabble into academic orientation , you would convert you technical knowledge at PGD (Post Graduate Diploma) schools then you move into M.Sc while a B.sc holder will move straight into M.Sc unless you carry third class/pass then you also get to retrained at PGD schools before moving up academic ladder.

Education is more than practical, some people evolve these courses we are studying from great effort of research and contributions to knowledge through strong theories , conceptualisations and empirical issues to allow real life relationships between concpets and theories.

It is quite embarrassing in Nigeria for some people to just enter into a school without knowing, understanding and preparing for the kind of knowledge to be exposed to ..... You don't just go to school without understanding the kinda knowledge they are impacting therein and the kinda knowledge they have impacted on you.

I am tired of B.sc/HND parity .... until you go to University yourself, you would not be able to ascertain the difference between these two levels of knowledge.
but why is that distinction students jump post graduate diploma to do their Msc?
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by BluePulse: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:

What is this half-backed poly student saying? Where did your empty-skulled self hear me calling champion incorrectly? It is like you are hallucinating. You can go and die if you want. You will always be subject to BSC holders forever! Eediot.

But guy, really. Ur constructions are so poor. Are u sure u even finished o'level?
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by hisprinceship: 9:21am On Jul 05, 2015
jolomiurenyi:

Una go dey brag, u don dey work with ur Bsc now?

hahahaha I am a recent graduate fam not upto 2 months in the labour market. I do my refined hustle and make cash. For job? ha u know Nigeria na after NYSC I will reply u. capish?

*modified why then does polytechnics not have something like Hsc. cos .......Bsc........ Msc. abi.......B.A.........M.A
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by meshinoye(m): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2015
With my HND Accountancy (OSCOTECH) , I was able to obtained the following qualifications without much stress: ACCM, MBA (LAUTECH), B.Sc (Oxford Brookes University, UK), and i am in my ACCA finals.

I think having B.S.c or HND is not enough, lazyness is the problem with people.

2 Likes

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Damfostopper(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2015
powerfulsettingz:

young man is neco and waec dsame?
go back to ur english teacher...it seems u dnt understand english
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by perryy(m): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2015
omonnakoda:

Already the first impression you create about yourself with your writing is of a mediocre individual with an inflated and delusional sense of self worth.

I left university more than 20 years ago. In those days we learnt how to think ,to listen and to keep an open mind. I think this is an interesting subject to debate.I also believe many of our young people these days cannot reason at all. Many of the Nigerian graduates I meet today are not at the academic level I was when I ENTERED university so I do not believe many people are getting any education in universities.In all honesty I have even met some of the lecturers and we saw one of the "professor" a state INEC chairman embarrass himself on TV it really is very disappointing.
One of the things that I learnt was to be able to debate BOTH SIDES of any argument with confidence and knowledge.That was the best way to get understanding. These days we have rigid minds that know little yet believe the know everything
Those who make the most noise often have the least knowledge. I suggest people should research about the BINARY DIVIDE which existed in the United Kingdom and how it was abrogated.

Nigerians are very preoccupied with status and putting people down . PHCH was full of hundreds if not thousands of so called ENGINEERS with university degrees that insist on using the ridiculous title "ENGINEER" which I have not encountered anywhere outside Nigeria. Of what value are their degrees?
. May God bless you. The first PERSON I have met in this forum.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by BluePulse: 9:30am On Jul 05, 2015
The discrimination is really un-called for. I'm an HND grad. I've worked in a bank where I was a team lead over BS.C holders due to my experience and how much I blv in myself.
Now I have Masters in Risk Management from an American Institution. I am currently heading a department of more than 5 BSc holders.
At the long run, I discovered its not by what u have, but how u see urself. I knew abt dis discrimination, but I was also determined that a BSc holder that'll topple me anywhere would be based on his work rate or creativity and not his degree. I don't blv in that degree and I dnt respect a man based on that. I respect based on 'workability' and 'creativity'.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by erico2k2(m): 9:31am On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:
Your spelling of "dangerous" is enough to show you off as a poly student. Many of them cant speak or write simple and correct English; just like you have displayed here. Now, which polytechnic did you graduate from? Your school's standard must have been very poor! "Dangerious"? Queen Elizabeth must hear this!
Nah man, the igwe must hear this.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by erico2k2(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2015
BluePulse:
The discrimination is really un-called for. I'm a HND grad. I've worked in a bank where I was a team lead over BS.C holders due to my experience and how much I blv in myself.
Now I have Masters in Risk Management from an American Institution. I am currently heading a department of more than 5 BSc holders.
At the long run, I discovered its not by what u have, but how u see urself. I knew abt dis discrimination, but I was also determined that a BSc holder that'll topple me anywhere would be based on his work rate or creativity and not his degree. I don't blv in that degree and I dnt respect a man based on that. I respect based on 'workability' and 'creativity'.
Thats why in the west, no one give a crap about your degree, demonstrate you can do the work and the job is yours
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by BluePulse: 9:38am On Jul 05, 2015
meshinoye:
With my HND Accountancy (OSCOTECH) , I was able to obtained the following qualifications without much stress: ACCM, MBA (LAUTECH), B.Sc (Oxford Brookes University, UK), and i am in my ACCA finals.

I think having B.S.c or HND is not enough, lazyness is the problem with people.

Nice one bro. Its all about self worth and self esteem.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by BluePulse: 9:46am On Jul 05, 2015
erico2k2:

Thats why in the west, no one give a crap about your degree, demonstrate you can do the work and the job is yours

Yesso! And dats why they've so moved farther from us in terms of development. We focus on 'useless' certificates while leaving 'competence' behind.
Infact, there are tons of foreign certifcations that are far better than our so-called BSc here. Most multinationals honour such certifications. And my latest advice to Nigerian grads now has been; regardless of HND/BSC, pls get professional certifications.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by luthorcorp: 9:49am On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:
Your spelling of "dangerous" is enough to show you off as a poly student. Many of them cant speak or write simple and correct English; just like you have displayed here. Now, which polytechnic did you graduate from? Your school's standard must have been very poor! "Dangerious"? Queen Elizabeth must hear this!
yea its obvious that a low witted university graduate like yourself wouldn't identify a simple typo when you come across one and would rather use it as an incentive to write off someone's point but guess what,that doesn't buttress your own opinion any further,it only displays your incorrigible stupidity...... so back off

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by 2good(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2015
I live and work in Western Europe with my BSc and MSc degree in Engineering and I can tell you that what you call discrimination is everywhere. As a HND holder here, there is a limit you can reach in your career except you go for further studies which will qualify you to apply for a more superior job. The solution to the problem is not to get a HND degree or go for a BSc degree and use it to apply for a superior role combined with your work experience.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by LuckyLadolce(m): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2015
bettercreature:
Keep hiding the truth and let's see if that's going to set you free
Oh no! So u don't know u r the captive here? U r the one who really dont have freedom and will probably not av freedom forever if you persist in this manners of criticism. The problem of ppl like u is, ur mind is jst too shallow and this is why ur empty head think ur certificate will take u to a greater height than those who are illiterates or whoever did not av a university education. I will not even talk abt bill gate. Rather, i will talk abt a black man like me... DANGOTE. jst tell me the university he attended and i will give up on this matter and if at all he did, is that what made him?. Until u Stop seeing life in just one direction, u may never av freedom.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by luthorcorp: 9:54am On Jul 05, 2015
BluePulse:
The discrimination is really un-called for. I'm an HND grad. I've worked in a bank where I was a team lead over BS.C holders due to my experience and how much I blv in myself.
yes you have a point indeedits about how developed your intellectual ability and faculty is,most hnd holders have already developed that inferior complex internally and when a little degrading scenario comes up at work,they are quick to blame it on the poor hnd cert...........its pathetic..
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by ojodombe(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2015
Whether HND or B Sc. the end point is CASH. Period!!!!!. Bill Gate, Dangote et al knew not these abuse, insults you rain on what God suffered to make just because of a sheet of paper. Quote me many B Sc. holders CANNOT make a simple sentence so also many HND holders. Education is rotten in country. Believe in your talent and ability and you must surely reach the climax. I can never be intimidated or discouraged because of HND/B Sc discrimination.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by engrlarex(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2015
u can't understand d significance wider margin between Polytechnic and university if u didn't attend the two. dia r several Polytechnic students who graduates with a distinction strong one for that matter, applied DE to university and r struggling to graduate with 2:2. I attended both federal Polytechnic and university and I kw d difference it's just like comparing 0 to Infinity or comparing death to sleeping. even though dose was not privileged to attend universities kw dat dey cant match university graduate in all ramifications. dia will be discrimination by d two till jesus comes. the bottom line is Owonikoko.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Omotayor123(f): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2015
Yes it's not the same.

Why can't they pay polytechnic students more. Polytechnics students work more. And it's more stressful.

You have to prove yourself twice. plus boring one year IT..
It wastes tym & effort.

polytechnics should receive more.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by BluePulse: 9:59am On Jul 05, 2015
luthorcorp:
yes you have a point indeedits about how developed your intellectual ability and faculty is,most hnd holders have already developed that inferior complex internally and when a little degrading scenario comes up at work,they are quick to blame it on the poor hnd cert...........its pathetic..

Yes bro. Just the complex issue. When we were in school, most of my friends already had that inferiority complex, and they were the ones that motivated me. Its really pathetic to live a life of inferior or lower self esteem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Uniabuja Tallest Student “evidence” Shows Off His Modelling Skills In New Photos / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Meet Aarinola Olaiya Who Broke 28-Year-Old Record In Medicine In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.