Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. (45442 Views)

The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria / HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by chrisnero(m): 7:05am On Jul 05, 2015
Both institutions produce quack and good products.so is the matter of self development..Improve your skill and your a hot cake in the labour market

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by fineyemi(m): 7:08am On Jul 05, 2015
bettercreature:
It can never be equal,some University students are more brilliant than POLYTECHNIC lecturers
or a situation where Youth Corpers are teaching HND 2 students
or a situation where HND student is converted to a lecturer after graduation
truth must be told,its not the same
Dats a nonsensible talk
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 05, 2015
some comments here are just,all but hilarious.. try get his point... why the discrimination ... what i see here is no difference what a white man thinks of a Blackman..... Bsc /HND. later una go call one oyinbo racist...a perpetual f o o l would still , display their true I.d ..... think before you act/talk... 4/5yrs in a Nigerian institution no be beans ... when u have the results
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by porka: 7:14am On Jul 05, 2015
[size=13pt]There are laws setting up each institution in Nigeria. They clearly specify everything relating to such organizations.

These laws are not unconstitutional. Degrees in Nigeria are not the same as Diplomas. They are designed for different things. Degrees are for top level managerial manpower while Diplomas are for technical and middle-level manpower. The earlier you get used to it the better.

It seems your own argument is because you carrying 'firearms'. It is a lame argument.

If you use your firearm illegally because of your lack of self confidence you will be arrested and prosecuted accordingly.

You were well aware of the 'discrimination' before you signed-up. Using firearms as a threat will land you in a very unpleasant circumstances. It may lead to the review of firearms authorization for HND holders as the case maybe.

Government has made things easy for you now with the set-up of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN). You are advised to apply for a degree programme there if you are so desirous. The other alternative is for you to resign. It is better than planning to commit offense because of your frustration.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Junipero: 7:17am On Jul 05, 2015
Jakara:
Federal Government should please end this certificate discrimination between HND & B.Sc. holders in Federal Ministry of Interior (Prisons, Immigration, Civil Defence) and others in order to increase their productivity.

This discrimination is irrelevant, dangerious, unethical and unconstitutional.

There is a looming bloody clash between these two cadres at fields of operation due to live arms/ammunition they bear and that is why every well meaning Nigerian should help towards scrapping out this because you/ your family will become victim directly/indirectly & never ask God why because you caused it by not publishing or broadcasting this message.

Few of the discriminations witnessed in Min. of Interior are;
? HND (Inspectorate Cadre), while B.Sc. (Superintendent Cadre).
? Entry Level for HND is G/L 7, while a fellow Graduate with B.Sc. is G/L 8.
? HND G/L 7 earns (#70,000 pm), while B.Sc. G/L 8 earns (#120,000 pm).
? Terminal Point for HND is G/L 13, while B.Sc. is to the highest G/L.
? HND/ inspectorate cadre ranks are confusing, while superintendent
ranks are normal ranks/recognized ranks in military/paramilitary
agencies.
? B.Sc Holder hardly pay complement to his superior officer with HND certificate.
? HND graduates are denied one Grade Level during rank conversation.
? Above all, HND holder in this Ministry of Interior are regarded and treated as artisans with WASC or Trade Test qualifications.

It is shameful that staff of Ministry of Interior and others as affected no longer concentrate on their duties or bring ideas that could help the job, rather they focuse on getting more certificates by hook or by crook in order to be converted to superintendent cadre.

It is obvious that other well recognised security agencies like; Nigeria Military, DSS, Nigerian Police, etc do not discriminate
in ranking between HND & B.Sc. Holders.

Federal Government should merge Ministry of Interior with Police to stop this nonsense if they persists in this evil act called discrimination.

In germany, Graduates of UAS/Uni of Applied Sciences( aka Polytechnic) have a higher chance of getting employed quicker than Uni graduates.
Both institutions award Bsc to their graduates. Before it was only Unis.

UAS students learn with focus on Practicals and Industrial applications and employers love this.

However Uni students have a higher chance of climbing up the Career Ladder and they 4% higher in most cases.

Even at this, there is barely a trace of discrimination in the Arbeitsmarkt. Every Employer wants to give a fair chance to gifted individuals to prove their worth whether Unu or UAS or Berufakademie. That's why Germany is moving forward.

The Ogas and Madams who work(ed) here could speak more on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by odobainas: 7:21am On Jul 05, 2015
I see no reason why we that call ourselves graduate shld b insulting ourselves over this Bsc nd Hnd discrimination.honestly 4 me d shld b treated equally after all d all render better security 2 us
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Mcaise: 7:21am On Jul 05, 2015
Jakara:
Federal Government should please end this certificate discrimination between HND & B.Sc. holders in Federal Ministry of Interior (Prisons, Immigration, Civil Defence) and others in order to increase their productivity.

This discrimination is irrelevant, dangerious, unethical and unconstitutional.

There is a looming bloody clash between these two cadres at fields of operation due to live arms/ammunition they bear and that is why every well meaning Nigerian should help towards scrapping out this because you/ your family will become victim directly/indirectly & never ask God why because you caused it by not publishing or broadcasting this message.

Few of the discriminations witnessed in Min. of Interior are;
? HND (Inspectorate Cadre), while B.Sc. (Superintendent Cadre).
? Entry Level for HND is G/L 7, while a fellow Graduate with B.Sc. is G/L 8.
? HND G/L 7 earns (#70,000 pm), while B.Sc. G/L 8 earns (#120,000 pm).
? Terminal Point for HND is G/L 13, while B.Sc. is to the highest G/L.
? HND/ inspectorate cadre ranks are confusing, while superintendent
ranks are normal ranks/recognized ranks in military/paramilitary
agencies.
? B.Sc Holder hardly pay complement to his superior officer with HND certificate.
? HND graduates are denied one Grade Level during rank conversation.
? Above all, HND holder in this Ministry of Interior are regarded and treated as artisans with WASC or Trade Test qualifications.

It is shameful that staff of Ministry of Interior and others as affected no longer concentrate on their duties or bring ideas that could help the job, rather they focuse on getting more certificates by hook or by crook in order to be converted to superintendent cadre.

It is obvious that other well recognised security agencies like; Nigeria Military, DSS, Nigerian Police, etc do not discriminate
in ranking between HND & B.Sc. Holders.

Federal Government should merge Ministry of Interior with Police to stop this nonsense if they persists in this evil act called discrimination.

If e pain u, go get urself a Bsc..shekina.

Bsc requires mores brains than brunt, when we need Hnd holders for jobs requiring their level of mental strength, we will use them for the jobs.

Can u compare a master degree holder with that of a bsc? noooo.Or will u call urself a prof when u complete ur graduate studies noooo.

So pls improve urself and quit trying to garner sympathy

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 05, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Its not fair, both shld be equal.
Both are not equal. A simple study of mode of entry and coursed of study for the same program will tell u the different
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 05, 2015
fineyemi:
Dats a nonsensible talk
It is not. I taught HND 1and 2 as a "corpper"
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by fineyemi(m): 7:28am On Jul 05, 2015
naijaspeak:
[size=18pt]The federal government should restructure polytechnic education in Nigeria by introducing a one year Bsc top up programme for HND Holders to make it at par with university Bsc programme:

OND - 2 Years (a 6 months industrial training is included to make the program 2 years)
HND - 2 Years
Bsc top up programme - I Year
after your one year Bsc top up programme you go for NYSC

All HND holders who have graduated from Nigerian polytechnics under the old structure can still come back to school to do a one year Bsc top up programme to give them a full Bachelor degree.[/size]
Yeah!!!! U are ryt,. I tink its only kwasu dats observing dat programme
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by lonelydora: 7:29am On Jul 05, 2015
Op, do u have any professor in poly that taught you on any course? Instead of being happy that HND holders these days are getting manageable work more than B.Sc you are here complaining. Why you no pass JAMB with high scores?

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by hotgunz(m): 7:31am On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:

Yeah, it is kindergarten English, but I got my spellings right. My written english is SIMPLE AND CORRECT. I am not like the half-baked poly fool you are defending, who couldn't spell dangerous correctly. And because YOU see it as kindergarten English doesn't make it such. Last time I checked, you are not a Briton. So, eediot, you've for no authority to judge my English.
guy u re jst makin fool of ur self. Jst keep shut, ur kind will surely b those dat wrote exam in special centre's
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by hotgunz(m): 7:33am On Jul 05, 2015
lonelydora:
Op, do u have any professor in poly that taught you on any course? Instead of being happy that HND holders these days are getting manageable work more than B.Sc you are here complaining. Why you no pass JAMB with high scores?
another big mumu after tonytony......

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by emmylight4u: 7:34am On Jul 05, 2015
Go to all banks in Nigeria the who cashiers are HND holders also. God help this country called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by perryy(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:
Your spelling of "dangerous" is enough to show you off as a poly student. Many of them cant speak or write simple and correct English; just like you have displayed here. Now, which polytechnic did you graduate from? Your school's standard must have been very poor! "Dangerious"? Queen Elizabeth must hear this!

You are not even better off. You have poor diction. What is the meaning of simple and correct English?

Let sleeping dog lie. I'm a polytechnics graduate, and I don't believe there is any university graduate that can vie with me in terms of the use of English. Some polytechnics students are really academically poor, same with many university students / graduates. It is a fall out of our poor educational system, it neither a function of the university you attended nor is it a function of the polytechnics you attended. Albert Einstein the great was a poly graduate.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by noordean(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2015
Even those that graduated from 'Amadioha Private University' are like: me na Bsc i get o. Especially most ladiez here.Mtchewww!
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by fineyemi(m): 7:36am On Jul 05, 2015
Mee234:

It is not. I taught HND 1and 2 as a "corpper"
U, as a bsc copper taught HNd1 n 2. It can't b possible. U can't teach dem practically inclined courses. I swear.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by fineyemi(m): 7:38am On Jul 05, 2015
perryy:

You are not even better off. You have poor diction. What is the meaning of simple and correct English?

Let sleeping dog lie. I'm a polytechnics graduate, and I don't believe there is any university graduate that can vie with me in terms of the use of English. Some polytechnics students are really academically poor, same with many university students / graduates. It is a fall out of our poor educational system, it neither a function of the university you attended nor is it a function of the polytechnics you attended. Albert Einstein the great was a poly graduate.
You ar ryt!!!!!!
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by luvluvluv: 7:38am On Jul 05, 2015
Jakara:

Learn to read well before contributing. Which constitution stated that they should be discriminated in Labour Market more expecially in a place where people bear live arms. I pray that you or your family becomes a direct victim or fall casualty to this unconstitutional and irrelevant discrimination.
Say Amen to my prayers above if you are still sure that B.Sc is constitutionally above HND.

Talkin abt constitution, I bet u hav neva tried to find out why it's like dat. The word here should be ''clash'' and not ''discrimination''. I tell u this, until dat constitution is amended, both r definitely not on same level... in simple terms, bsc is management while Hnd is subordinate.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by bettercreature(m): 7:41am On Jul 05, 2015
LuckyLadolce:
I will really like to know the course u red, and I will get u jst an ND boy/girl to teach u more on it. Were u thought anything on criticism in school at all? The manners at which u criticise is so blind... not even one of ur criticisms is constructive. U av jst been spewing gilbrish. Go n learn how to be polite.
Keep hiding the truth and let's see if that's going to set you free
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 05, 2015
fineyemi:
U, as a bsc copper taught HNd1 n 2. It can't b possible. U can't teach dem practically inclined courses. I swear.
l did. Electrification and the second course was a practical class that was handle by the hod
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by neocortex: 7:43am On Jul 05, 2015
@Jakara , the so called discrimination will never end except all polytechnics are upgraded to Universities.
The aims behind the establishment of polytechnic is different from university and this has nothing to
do with one being better than the other.
Nigeria didn't invent polytechnics, they exist everywhere across the globe.
Rather than embark on a futile campaign for equality , a more effective strategy should be calls for the abolition of polytechnics.

As for those bickering over which of polys/unis produce smarter graduates, they must know that individual's difference in intellect is mainly
responsible for scholastically prowess , not the institution one attends since smart graduate are found in both polytechnics and universities.

3 Likes

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by bettercreature(m): 7:43am On Jul 05, 2015
fineyemi:
It's true he did my brother I wrote about it earlier
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by bettercreature(m): 7:45am On Jul 05, 2015
suavetony:

Wondering if u saw d four walls of the school...no offence...a sound Uni graduate won't be spilling this gibberish...like I said earlier...been taught by both parties so am highly disappointed
I'm using primary six certificate
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by lonelydora: 7:46am On Jul 05, 2015
hotgunz:
another big mumu after tonytony......

Proof of a pained Poly graduate.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by redcliff: 7:48am On Jul 05, 2015
Jakara:

B.Sc fools are the ones taking Nigeria backwards through looting and projecting issues like this other than bringing idea that could make youths have hope like leaders of tomorrow.
I have both Polytechnic (HND) and University (MBA) Certificates, which is expensive, what about those that can not afford it.
That is why you and I should join hands in ending this madness by publishing/broadcasting it and if possible relating it with our friends and relations in NASS because of its looming danger i

well, I would not exchange words with you but the mark is already there. If you can eradicate poverty from Nigeria then you can surely eradicate this imbalance you talk about B.Sc and HND graduates...
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by porka: 7:51am On Jul 05, 2015
damilareoye:
Am tired of the so called discrimination. why should one be rated above the other. even in some field of study, a polytechnic graduate is far better than a university graduate. no wonder one of my lecturer was telling me university graduate are meant to be boss and I was like 'smh' for these man.
mind you, am a uni student.

[size=13pt]They two systems are designed with different objectives.

Degree programs are designed for top level management and policy makers. Degree holders are thus trained to use their brain to think out/through solutions while Diploma holders are trained to receive instructions and carry them out as directed.

That's why they (Diploma holders) are better at punching Adding Machines than figuring out how income can be generated in an organization.[/size]
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by ubs123(m): 7:52am On Jul 05, 2015
Jakara,
Why bother yourself with this issue when 80% of unemployed graduates are from the university? Few years back I placed advert to employ graduates for my company, the written application letters I got from Bsc holders were pathetic. Please let's drop this topic and improve our education sector.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by perryy(m): 7:53am On Jul 05, 2015
bettercreature:
Polytechnic are just too bad infact they are destroying Nigerian EDUCATION system,you will weep for Nigeria if you attend some polytechnic lectures

So true though. Come to gateway polytechnics, igbesa for a confirmation of your assertion. Though I am a poly graduate, the quality of lecturers found in our polytechnics won't allow me to call for the equalisation of HND and BSc . However, it should be noted that that it is not all university graduates that are sound. Most of them are academically poor, even poorer than graduates from most federal polytechnics.

The only thing that can save the polytechnics from this malady is the application of stringent rules in the recruitment of lecturers. The NUC is doing a great job in that direction, and it is for that reason that you have many sound lecturers in universities
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 05, 2015
corpROYAL:

@tonytony208.

Governor Rauf Aregbeshola of Osun State is an HND holder and he is an engineer by profession graduated from the ibadan polytechnic
Aregbe is a technologist though. HVAC/Refrigeration technologist
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Megaflex(m): 7:53am On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:

Yeah, it is kindergarten English, but I got my spellings right. My written english is SIMPLE AND CORRECT. I am not like the half-baked poly fool you are defending, who couldn't spell dangerous correctly. And because YOU see it as kindergarten English doesn't make it such. Last time I checked, you are not a Briton. So, eediot, you've for no authority to judge my English.
heheheheh!!! "you've for no authority to judge my English". BSC holder indeed. you'r jst a local "shampion"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Chioma Opara; Made 9A's In WAEC, 345 In JAMB, Wins $340,000 Scholarships / Textbook Teaching Kids About Gender Roles (Pictured) / Uniabuja Tallest Student “evidence” Shows Off His Modelling Skills In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.