Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101343 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by AfricanApple(f): 8:39am On Oct 11, 2015
dearpreye:

Thanks for the time. Its MY belief that separation of powers, as far as our system us concerned, isn't actually practised though it exists in principle.
from my own POV, it is being practised just that the categories of people placed in all the spheres of power shares the same ideology: CORRUPTION
if its not practised trust me Nigeria would be a lot worse, we won't even have the effrontery to complain like we do now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mizzzbeee(f): 9:17am On Oct 11, 2015
How laziness saved my life - - By Okechukwu Ofili anyone read this book?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by uptoHim(m): 9:30am On Oct 11, 2015
dearpreye:

Hmmm. ....I just downloaded that book a few hours ago. It's a HUGE material but I'm sure the rewards will far outweigh the time and efforts needed to digest a book of such volume.

I'll be glad if you could train me on how to write a book. I'm sure I have at least one in me. Thanks.

Sure! It's a great read. I bought the 3 volumes of it in 2006, and since then, it has become one of my most priceless possessions. If it's true that Napoleon Hill was one of the best writers to have graced this planet earth, and I believe it is, then that book is one of the best books anyone can find.

Hahaha, I'm flattered. Dear preye, you are good with words. You are already a good writer. May be, you are talking about "writing books", which requires just you having a story/knowledge and the desire to pass it on to your world.

My brother, the book with you is not just knowledge imbued, it is also a good book-writing coach. It will give you a story and the desire to pass it on. Please believe.

Have you read "the original" Think and Grow Rich, written by Napoleon Hills himself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 11, 2015
uptoHim:

Sure! It's a great read. I bought the 3 volumes of it in 2006, and since then, it has become one of my most priceless possessions. If it's true that Napoleon Hill was one of the best writers to have graced this planet earth, and I believe it is, then that book is one of the best books anyone can find.

Hahaha, I'm flattered. Dear preye, you are good with words. You are already a good writer. May be, you are talking about "writing books", which requires just you having a story/knowledge and the desire to pass it on to your world.

My brother, the book with you is not just knowledge imbued, it is also a good book-writing coach. It will give you a story and the desire to pass it on. Please believe.

Have you read "the original" Think and Grow Rich, written by Napoleon Hills himself?

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon is the one I'm reading NOW. I'm on the chapter on the Subconscious. It's being awesome so far.

Yes. I'm talking about writing BOOKS. LOL!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
How laziness saved my life - - By Okechukwu Ofili anyone read this book?

I've not even heard of hitherto. Where have you been? Good to read from YOU.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:00am On Oct 11, 2015
dearpreye:

I've not even heard of hitherto. Where have you been? Good to read from YOU.
been good ooooo and you. I must say have missed you and ur posts smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by uptoHim(m): 10:02am On Oct 11, 2015
dearpreye:

When first I read the above message of yours, I thought I fully grasped the import of the message, but reading it once again this afternoon reinforced its import more, especially with your last paragraph.

I'm currently foraying into motivational speaking and personal development. In the past months I've soaked up such materials and videos on the subject that I appear inundated with the relevant skills and knowledge needed to succeed and thrive in the field. At the same time, the significant improvements I've witnessed in MY life are impressing on my heart the desire to write a book. I believe every human has at least ONE book in them.

Yeah, every life is a story. We are all books. I am sure, with the desire in you, you'll write a great book. Good enough, you are already gathering knowledge. The doors of knowledge are open to those who read. Though they are opened by those who write.

Motivational speaking; an art I so much love. I have seen and read much of the great public speaking books around, from those of Dele Carnegie to those of Lari King. Believe me, the best I have seen is The Art of Public Speaking, by Stephen Lucas. Find it, and thank me later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
been good ooooo and you. I must say have missed you and ur posts smiley

I'm happy you're strong. I've been writing and reading a lot lately BUT you've not available to edit, add and guide. All the same, you've been a blessing to ME. You all made this thread a success.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 11, 2015
uptoHim:

Yeah, every life is a story. We are all books. I am sure, with the desire in you, you'll write a great book. Good enough, you are already gathering knowledge. The doors of knowledge are open to those who read. Though they are opened by those who write.

Motivational speaking; an art I so much love. I have seen and read much of the great public speaking books around, from those of Dele Carnegie to those of Lari King. Believe me, the best I have seen is The Art of Public Speaking, by Stephen Lucas. Find it, and thank me later.

Thanks once again. Yes. We all are books; we've NOT just believed enough in ourselves.

I'll try that Stephen Lucas book. I believe if our desire to impact others is so deep and burning, we will surely find a way to express it through whatever means available. Like an erupting volcano, the white hot lava couldn't be kept underneath forever. I will surely find expression.

A colleague arranged me to speak about these issues to a team of NYSC folks in the coming days. Lemme see how it goes.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by queenfav(f): 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
I am currently reading a book by claudia carroll titled "remind me again why I need a man".It is books like this that make me the more addicted to chicklit novels.It makes a very funny read but yet full of thought provoking themes on what a single woman faces in every area of her life.I am halfway through it and can authoritatively say that the author is one hell of a writer.You can download it here if you are into chicklits. http://bookos-z1.org/s/?q=remind+me+again+why+I+need+a+man&e=1&t=0

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2015
dearpreye:

I'm happy you're strong. I've been writing and reading a lot lately BUT you've not available to edit, add and guide. All the same, you've been a blessing to ME. You all made this thread a success.
smiley you are so humble smiley
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
Mizzzbeee:

No matter your tight schedule, please endeavour to occasionally drop a line. You never could tell how far it could go. Have a great week ahead.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by effyzie01(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2015
Message from the Sphinx - Graham Hancock

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
hehe nairaland has finally initiated me into reading sha. mhhen the way I read this ehh even my friends have started complaining sef. but I still find it hard to read novels. well am currently reading god's secrets by an unknown writer I think it was writing around 16 abi 17 century mhenn the book is so old it a PDF file sha I suffered before I got that book but av not regretted it so far the book I just supper

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
oloyolo:
hehe nairaland has finally initiated me into reading sha mhhen the way I read this ehh even my friends has started complaining sef but I still find it hard to read novels well am currently reading god's secrets by an unknown writer I think it was writing around 16 abi 17 century mhenn the book is so old it a PDF file sha I suffered before I got that book but av not regretted it so far the book I just supper

Just keep the spirit. Let it become your habit. It's our habits that determine our values, which in turn determine our future. You lose NOTHING by reading a book.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
dearpreye:

Just keep the spirit. Let it become your habit. It's our habits that determine our values, which in turn determine our future. You lose NOTHING by reading a book.
thanks bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 19, 2015
Change your thinking, change your life by Brian Tracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2015
Jesu Kristi!

I am currently reading INTENSITY by Dean Koontz. It is simply marrafakn.

I don't want it to finish.

I stopped reading novels for more than 10 years. What a fool.

I will pay you money to read Intensity, and maybe False Memory...

My God, Intensity is, for lack of words, is INTENSE!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by GuyFawkes: 11:21pm On Oct 19, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Jesu Kristi!

I am currently reading INTENSITY by Dean Koontz. It is simply marrafakn.

I don't want it to finish.

I stopped reading novels for than 10 years. What a fool.

I will pay you money to read Intensity, and maybe False Memory...

My God, Intensity is, for lack of words, is INTENSE!

Dean Koontz gives you that eerie feeling
Great author alongside Stephen King.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
GuyFawkes:

Dean Koontz gives you that eerie feeling
Great author alongside Stephen King.

My brother, I dey tell you.

But this one is not as creepy as it is intensely immersive and SUSPENSEFUL.

And to cap it, he's just 'flexing' with English. Such mastery.

Nothing supernatural in this one. However, the antagonist, Edgler Foreman Vess, is probably the MADDEST character ever created.

Intense...
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by GuyFawkes: 12:30am On Oct 20, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

My brother, I dey tell you.

But this one is not as creepy as it is intensely immersive and SUSPENSEFUL.

And to cap it, he's just 'flexing' with English. Such mastery.

Nothing supernatural in this one. However, the antagonist, Edgler Foreman Vess, is probably the MADDEST character ever created.

Intense...

Bro
It's on my to read list o.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Ups01(m): 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2015
Mizzzbeee:

Crush alert!!!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ups01:

Crush alert!!!
lol at least he is one of the few responsible men have seen on Nairaland... So.... kiss wink
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 28, 2015
Good morning everyone. Just finished Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki. The four group of people that make up the quadrant are the E, employees, S, self employed, B, business owners, and I, Investors. The E and S make up the left side of the quadrant while the B and I make up the right hand side of the quadrant.

The Es and Ss are those who are actively involved in making their money. That is, they are people who exchange their time and skills for money. And they're those whose money depends on others. They're always broke, not minding how much money or salaries they earn every month.

On the other hand, the Bs and Is are the wealthy folks. Their money works for them even when they are asleep or on a vacation. These are the mega rich.

It was a great read. It changed my mind est towards money. And it has encouraged me to take very quickly steps that will place me on my journey from the left hand side of the quadrant to the right.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by rhames(m): 8:47am On Oct 29, 2015
I am reading The New Secrets of CEOs by Steve Tappin and Andrew Cave.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 29, 2015
rhames:
I am reading The New Secrets of CEOs by Steve Tappin and Andrew Cave.

Do you mind sharing a line, sentence or paragraph with us?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by rhames(m): 11:06am On Oct 29, 2015
dearpreye:

Do you mind sharing a line, sentence or paragraph with us?

Let's face it,the world is constantly changing-no big surprise there- but the sheer pace of change can be staggering confusing and downright terrifying at times. Richard Branson

Its a must read for today's upcoming entrepreneurs. Its a book that contains interviews of CEOs of some of the world's biggest organizations. It discussed how the CEOs balance and adapt their their own lives and the company direction in the face of globalisation and technology and the personal and organisational sacrifices to achieve their goals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
I just downed The Racketeer and Theodore Boone by John Grisham...I don't enjoy" motivationals and how to" books...am dealing everything John Grisham at the moment and its been a fantastic time out

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Springz(f): 9:32am On Oct 30, 2015
Just read Dan brown's inferno, reading Rip Van Winkle....
As for motivation books, not a fan. I don't read such bleh.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2015
Springz:

Hmmmm...everyone with their forte.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by anonimi: 10:21am On Oct 30, 2015
Springz:

Quite impressive and quite uncommon for a Nigerian to not be interested in personal motivation books but rather keen on deeper knowledge-enriching novels that enhance the reader's imagination capacity.
Bravo.
You definitely have what MizMyColi called "sapiosexualism" wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Springz(f): 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
dearpreye:

Hmmmm...everyone with their forte.
Yeah, I guess so.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Day The World Ended / #my Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.