Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101423 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Springz(f): 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
anonimi:

Quite impressive and quite uncommon for a Nigerian to not be interested in personal motivation books but rather keen on deeper knowledge-enriching novels that enhance the reader's imagination capacity.
Bravo.
You definitely have what MizMyColi called "sapiosexualism" wink

Lol, sapiosexual huh. grin

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Ups01(m): 10:50am On Nov 01, 2015
Principles of Success by Jack Canfield

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2015
Fools die by Mario Puzo. It changed my life....

But I doubt others would understand it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by vrooooom(m): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
SirWere:
Fools die by Mario Puzo. It changed my life....

But I doubt others would understand it
please tell me about that book.I've been reading it without understanding much.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
vrooooom:
please tell me about that book.I've been reading it without understanding much.
It's somehow similar to the hustles of an average Nigerian man. Where Corruption is inevitable and your success don't count much
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by vrooooom(m): 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
SirWere:
It's somehow similar to the hustles of an average Nigerian man. Where Corruption is inevitable and your success don't count much
like a vicious cycle?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
dearpreye:

You may forward me your mail.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Csami(m): 1:52am On Nov 08, 2015
There was a country - Chinua Achebe
Please don't ask me for summary, please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by megawax8: 8:13am On Nov 09, 2015
Csami:
There was a country - Chinua Achebe Please don't ask me for summary, please.
why you dey read the same book wey i dey read?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Csami(m): 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
megawax8:

why you dey read the same book wey i dey read?

Na the other way round, why u dey read wetin I dey read?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by megawax8: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Csami:

Na the other way round, why u dey read wetin I dey read?
oya, which page you dey make we know who first start?.....LOL

Mungo Park!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
Will you believe if I tell you that my search for knowledge led me to a Theological school in 2012? Many even thought I will graduate to be a Cleric. grin
Wow. Inspiring.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
dearpreye:
To some, their certificates have become their reasons not to read any longer. Success can be a hindrance sometimes.

Oftentimes once people land that dream join they've always desired, they stop reading. They stop improving. They stop learning. They stop growing. Reading must become a habit.

Your company actually pays for the information you have. Experience is information acquired over a very long period of time.
Wow wow wow. smiley inspirations everywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 10, 2015
I'm reading this thread from page 1. It's more than an inspirational book.
#inspired

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Ups01(m): 11:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
lol at least he is one of the few responsible men have seen on Nairaland... So.... kiss wink

Yea, he's a great personality
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
surelove:

Definition of the Law of Attraction: I attract to my life whatever I give my attention, energy and focus to, whether positive or negative.
powerful!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 06, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Jesu Kristi!

I am currently reading INTENSITY by Dean Koontz. It is simply marrafakn.

I don't want it to finish.

I stopped reading novels for more than 10 years. What a fool.

I will pay you money to read Intensity, and maybe False Memory...

My God, Intensity is, for lack of words, is INTENSE!
Dean Koontz is a great writer, I read the Intensity some years back. It was a good read!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 06, 2015
VickyRotex:

It's the History of Crime and Criminal Justice.

Talks about "The Civil War to World War I, World War I to World War II, World War II to the Vietnam War".

Yet to complete it though. I stopped reading it for a while.

It's about 33MB, quite a large file for Yahoo. I've uploaded it on Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2af3r2v716kq1b/MURDER_IN_AMERICA.pdf?dl=0
Thanks for sharing. I just downloaded Murder in America and will start reading it ASAP. I'd been searching for a book of this type for long.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 06, 2015
Oga With all the time I spend writing plus the school work I have to do. I am not sure I can read any book oO
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by VickyRotex(f): 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2015
gensteejay:

Thanks for sharing. I just downloaded Murder in America and will start reading it ASAP. I'd been searching for a book of this type for long.

Great!

You're Welcome!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 06, 2015
Chikabenjamin:
Oga With all the time I spend writing plus the school work I have to do. I am not sure I can read any book oO

No wahala. Even during my higher Institution days, amongst a litany of assignments, I was able to still read books outside my field. It's all about priority and habit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Springz(f): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
Stalker by Faye Kellerman

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by queenfav(f): 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
I am currently reading 'jenny lopez has a bad week' by lindsey kelk.So far,it has been a good read,very funny too.These days,I find myself drawn to chicklits than other genres.I guess its my escapist mechanism to shut out all the crap in the real world,and get a good laugh out of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
queenfav:
I am currently reading 'jenny lopez has a bad week' by lindsey kelk.So far,it has been a good read,very funny too.These days,I find myself drawn to chicklits than other genres.I guess its my escapist mechanism to shut out all the crap in the real world,and get a good laugh out of it.

Currently reading Rich Dad Poor Dad. Guess I'm obsessed with leaving the Rat Race.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by queenfav(f): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
dearpreye:

Currently reading Rich Dad Poor Dad. Guess I'm obsessed with leaving the Rat Race.
great book I tell u..My idea of a good day is lying down,curled up with a good ebook.The experience is priceless.Readers are indeed leaders.There's a lot of knowlege in books,you just have to reach out,pick one up and educate yourself.I hope I would still have time to read by next year because of my work.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
queenfav:
great book I tell u..My idea of a good day is lying down,curled up with a good ebook.The experience is priceless.Readers are indeed leaders.There's a lot of knowlege in books,you just have to reach out,pick one up and educate yourself.I hope I would still have time to read by next year because of my work.

Yes. There's so much to learn from good books. With the advent of ebook, voracious readers now have a greater access to books. The experience is indeed awesome. I currently have this Scribd app downloaded onto my phone. With a few dollars a month as subscription, I've got an access to over 500, 000 books; I've read over 10 books for the past 3 months. Once you read a book, the app lines up similar ones. For instance, you pick up a book on finance and it brings up a multiple of books on finance. I hardly go out these days. The more I read the angrier I become at my very limited knowledge and I'm spurred to dig more.

Since reading is your hobby, you'll sure find a way to read, even if it's just a few pages every day. In this ear, the information we've got till date may be inadequate to meet our next year's information needs.

Rich Dad Poor Dad has been an amazing read. We must seek to increase our assets while reducing our liabilities. The poor work for money; the wealthy create a system that ensures their money works for them.

Knowledge. .....What you know gives you an edge.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Springz(f): 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
Currently reading 'The Trouble with Nigeria' by Chinua Achebe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 05, 2016
Just finished reading "Famished road" by Ben Okri..

574 pages, but so interesting..

Now onto the next book!

Purple Hibiscus which is to be followed by Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hills!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by kingsamosy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
Currently reading The Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by queenfav(f): 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
I am currently reading things I wish my mother had told me by lucia van der post.Its a guide to living with impeccable grace and style.This one is a keeper,especially for ladies.It teaches you how to dress with class,shop smartly,apply makeup,skincare,cook,decorate the home etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 25, 2016
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

I know it can be seen as pretentious by some people but once you start reading, it's hard to stop. (Especially when you want to scream and yell at one of the characters.)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 25, 2016
queenfav:
I am currently reading things I wish my mother had told me by lucia van der post.Its a guide to living with impeccable grace and style.This one is a keeper,especially for ladies.It teaches you how to dress with class,shop smartly,apply makeup,skincare,cook,decorate the home etc

Maybe I'll someday write Things I Wish My Father Told Me. Because it's very obvious he didn't do a fantastic job. LOL......I'm learning a lot myself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Day The World Ended / #my Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.