Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Single Mother Looking For Love - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Mother Looking For Love (12914 Views)

Can You Marry A Single Mother? – Share Your Opinion Below / Single Mother Describes The Joystick Of Her Neighbour's Husband / Man Dumps Police Wife After Hot Sex With Single Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Mother Looking For Love by Chizoba36(f): 6:39am On Jul 08, 2015
At the age of 36, as a single parent I have to wonder if this is the end of it for me........... I wonder if it is too late to find love........
Any single ladies in the house what are your thoughts? I am absolutely devoted to my children, but I am so lonely.......
Have you given up on love completely? Let's chat
Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Cutehector(m): 6:42am On Jul 08, 2015
Picture of u looking for love

5 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Chizoba36(f): 6:45am On Jul 08, 2015
Life just happens my dear. It is a long story but one of two incompatible people...... loads of other issues that I don't think are entirely necessary to share.

My question is looking at my future and not the past........

2 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Cutehector(m): 6:49am On Jul 08, 2015
Chizoba36:
Life just happens my dear. It is a long story but one of two incompatible people...... loads of other issues that I don't think are entirely necessary to share.

awwh..... What do u advice to young girls out dr who are so keen on gettn married early.
Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by marshalcarter: 6:52am On Jul 08, 2015
Wish you the best of luck in finding 1 but I hope you won't find the wrong person

#sips weed nd tea#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Chizoba36(f): 6:59am On Jul 08, 2015
Firstly marriage is hard work! Courtship is the easy part once the roman and honeymoon period end the real work begins. Some people mask their true selves until a little later in the marriage . Some people will tell you there must have sign when you were dating etc of their true character but believe me some people are extraordinary actors!

1. Make sure that you are friends above all else! You have to LIKE the person you are with and have a genuine friendship and common interest otherwise when the crazy sex wears of and you cannot Co exist as friends then you have a problem.

2. Make sure you in laws like and accept you. In African marriages you marry the whole family! My marriage was destroyed 50% by the fact that my in laws hated me even before they met me because of where I am from! I should have walked away at that point because they wanted my husband to marry someone else but I naively thought our love could conquer all! How wrong was I

14 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Godson201333(m): 7:04am On Jul 08, 2015
@Oo that's true...

I pray you find that person that will make you happy forever..

This is a piece of advice for this ladies out there that are so desperate about having the status "married woman"
Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Cutehector(m): 7:05am On Jul 08, 2015
Chizoba36:
Firstly marriage is hard work! Courtship is the easy part once the roman and honeymoon period end the real work begins. Some people mask their true selves until a little later in the marriage . Some people will tell you there must have sign when you were dating etc of their true character but believe me some people are extraordinary actors!
1. Make sure that you are friends above all else! You have to LIKE the person you are with and have a genuine friendship and common interest otherwise when the crazy sex wears of and you cannot Co exist as friends then you have a problem.
2. Make sure you in laws like and accept you. In African marriages you marry the whole family! My marriage was destroyed 50% by the fact that my in laws hated me even before they met me because of where I am from! I should have walked away at that point because they wanted my husband to marry someone else but I naively thought our love could conquer all! How wrong was I
its well... Thanks for the advice... Dnt wear urself out lookin for love..it will find u again... Ur daughter is ur love nw, love her with evry strenght u gat....

3 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by zicoraads: 7:08am On Jul 08, 2015
Chizoba36:

Sweetheart, you have all the love you can ever hope for. Whether it's a child or children, love em like the world is about to end tomorrow. I know how it feels though, I have a female friend;a colleague, who is also a single mom. And the supposed hubby of her kid is a complete waste. There are days she cries...she asks questions...she complains...it's never easy. It's never, ever easy. But you should realise that in your 'desperate' need for love, you might make the 'mistake' you made the first time.

So, I think you should:

1. Draw close to God. He is your comfort, your love, your everything.

2. Your child/children is/are your love. Love her/him/them with all your might. You don't need a man to complicate issues for you right now. Love and concentrate all your energy in bringing that kid up.

I realise it's easier said than done, but I really hope you do it. Cheers!

13 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by mystiqueDZ(f): 7:23am On Jul 08, 2015
Who said you can't find love again!!!
You will darling!!! And a good one at that!!
AMEN..

7 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 08, 2015
Cutehector:
awwh..... What do u advice to young girls out dr who are so keen on gettn married early.
What has getting married early got to do with OP's predicament? If you like marry at 50, once it's with the wrong person it's bound to fail..

The advice should be to marry for the right reasons to the right person. . Age doesn't really matter as long as they're both adults. ..

6 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 08, 2015
Yeah, you can still find love OP... but don't be desperate. ..
Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Came: 8:27am On Jul 08, 2015
In Africa people frowns at single mothers, but embrace single fathers, it is even worse if the single mother is not a widow, people will regard her as a promiscuous lady. May you get an understanding man that will love& care about you.

4 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by 400billionman: 8:33am On Jul 08, 2015
Chizoba36:

Lesson : Marry your soulmate
Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by lilmax(m): 8:34am On Jul 08, 2015
It's in your hands,your character,your attitude should change if you want love......
Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by bellong: 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Chizoba36:
Firstly marriage is hard work! Courtship is the easy part once the roman and honeymoon period end the real work begins. Some people mask their true selves until a little later in the marriage . Some people will tell you there must have sign when you were dating etc of their true character but believe me some people are extraordinary actors!1

2. Make sure you in laws like and accept you. In African marriages you marry the whole family! My marriage was destroyed 50% by the fact that my in laws hated me even before they met me because of where I am from! I should have walked away at that point2 because they wanted my husband to marry someone else but I naively thought our love could conquer all! How wrong was I

The bold 2 is the red flag you missed. In courtship, people don't pay attention to things that really matter but to mundane things because of emotions.

@Topic, best things in life happen when we least expect them. Be committed to your daily activities. Don't be anxious or desperate in finding a man. You will be found when the time comes and age is still on your side.. No worries

2 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by austine4real(m): 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
Chizoba36:

what type of guy do u wnt?
How many kids do u av?
Wot is d age range of ur man u like?
Where do u stay?
We can just b frnds 4 nw
Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Obodo999(m): 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
op.
upload your picture .
send me a pm.

I am a single father too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
Obodo999:
op.
upload your picture .
send me a pm.

OP, you see. . . God really does work in mysterious ways. grin

1 Like

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Chizoba36(f): 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
lilmax:
It's in your hands,your character,your attitude should change if you want love......

Wow very judgemental of you for automatically assuming that I am the problem! And you were able to deduce this ftom where exactly? undecided

9 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by axhead(m): 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
with God all things are possible.dont stop believing God.even if it tarries wait for it God will grant you your heart desire of a husband

1 Like

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Haywhymido(m): 12:47am On Jul 09, 2015
Chizoba36:

Wow very judgemental of you for automatically assuming that I am the problem! And you were able to deduce this ftom where exactly? undecided
no mind dat one dear. get across to dose ones above n see if things will work out well.

2 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by BlowJobs: 2:50am On Jul 09, 2015
Chizoba36:

Hey Chizoba.

Just a quick question, do you consider someone younger (let's say by 8-10years) with a child.
Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Chizoba36(f): 4:53am On Jul 09, 2015
Thanks to everyone who has responded to my post! I have quite a few attempts of private messages, flattering as it may be I am really not desperate or wanting to rush into anything. I was more interested in us engaging in dialogue about matters of the heart that affect single parents. Finding love when you have kids is more complicated because you ask yourself :

1. Will your new partner love and truly accept your child / children
2. Will their family accept you and your kids
3. There are also money matters, some people may not be happy to accept financial responsibility for children that are not biologically theirs.
4. So how much participation can you expect from your partner when it comes to raising kids from previous relationships
5. Do blended families really work - not just for the adults but for the kids

So many questions really that one cannot answer until you find yourself kneed deep in that situation.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 09, 2015
Cutehector:
Picture of u looking for love
or i dont bliv it
Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 09, 2015
Obodo999:
op.
upload your picture .
send me a pm.

My friend, send her a pm jor!! angry angry
Which one is send you a pm? If you send, who go die? undecided
When you start sending each other message, then you guys can send pix over there, not here.

11 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
tchidi:

When you start sending each other message, then you guys can send pix over there, not here.

How about you mind your own damn business and let them figure it out themselves. Are you OP's PA?

1 Like

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by plaetton: 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
Relationships are very complicated in this age of me me.
Every seeks self fullfilment of one type or another. Every one wants more of everything. In this atmosphere, it is becoming almost impossible for two people to have common needs, common aspirations, common integrity and common values for any extended period of time.

Love is an illusion that lulls people into a false sense of security, wellbeing and fullfilment.

Everyone should be striving to find common values, respect and deep friendship, not love.

Unfortunately, women always seem to be at the loosing end of this, because they are always looking for the elusive neatly packaged love.

Love is not only hard to find, but even harder to maintain and endure.

How can two people ever love equally? Not possible. One partner has to love more to keep the union going. But for how long?

So, is it better to love more or be loved more?

Are you seeking someone to love, or someone to love you.
It gets very complicated.

2 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
Timbuktou:

How about you mind your own damn business and let them figure it out themselves. Are you OP's PA?

How about you kindly get off my mentions and take your own 'mind-your-business' pill? If you were minding yours, you won't be here. undecided undecided. Have a nice day. wink

6 Likes

Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Obodo999(m): 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
tchidi:

Why e dey pain u like this .
Why taking panadol for another woman's headache.?
Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Obodo999(m): 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
Chizoba36.

I cannot see your message.
Is there another ways we can connect ?
I am much interested in you.

Thanks.
Re: Single Mother Looking For Love by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
Obodo999:

Why e dey pain u like this .
Why taking panadol for another woman's headache.?

Guy, rapu okwu!! I sendigo the pm? undecided
Oge adiro! angry wink smiley
Mewezie ka nwoke!!! Especially an igbo one!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Makes You Unique As A Person? / Something You Believe In That Most People Don’t / Do You Like Your Full Name Why Do Nigerians Have So Many Wierd Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.