Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? (3461 Views)

Guys Is Dis Tru? Why Do Guys Think Ladies With Mini Skirt Are Not Wife Material / Funke Akindele Proudly Says ''my Husband Doesn't Allow Me Cook. What Do U Think / To Those Men Who Want To Progress Financially, Read This And Thank This Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by fashmania(m): 7:23am On Jul 08, 2015
Think of your checklist for the "perfect man," he's kind, gentle, handsome and hardworking, he has a good job and he's respectful of your choices, right? Should you add a good cook too? Because, according to Harris Interactive, 32 percent of men adore cooking, and 46 percent enjoy it when they have th e time. A lot of men take pleasure in cooking, and women can reap the benefits of that.

Whose “Job” Is It to Cook?
Although many modern couples have made
progress when it comes to avoiding gender
stereotypes, historically, because of legal and
cultural practices, combined with time-honored
religious and educational practices, women
spent centuries in charge of the household. In
Victorian time, an ideal women was even called
“the Angel in the House.” Women stayed home
and took care of the entirety of the cleaning
and coking. Eating out was a rare treat.
Even though sixty years ago, American women
began heading off to the workplace in droves,
it’s been hard for families to move away from
the idea that housework and cooking are
women’s work—even though she may work
outside the home as long as or even longer
than her mate. Modern couples need to have
conversations about the equal distribution of
household responsibilities. Men can absolutely
cook—either on a rotational basis with their
wives or girlfriends or in exchange for the
women of the house performing some other
household chore or errand on a regular basis.
You can always cook meals together, too.

Does a Man in Your Kitchen Threaten You a Little?
On the other hand, many women grew up with
mothers who did most or all of the cooking.
Perhaps their fathers grilled on days with
good weather and were in charge of the annual
Thanksgiving turkey, but that was about it.
Realizing your spouse or partner wants to
step up in the kitchen can be a bit of a
shock at first. Perhaps you enjoy it for a
meal or two, but eventually you start to
feel that the space you defined for yourself
with your rules and techniques is being
steamrolled over. However, if that’s the case,
you’re looking at it all wrong. Don’t focus on
what the man in your life is doing to your
kitchen, be thankful you are getting to do
something else.

The Sexy Amateur Chef
Being able to rely on your boyfriend or
husband to cook at least half of the meals
in your house can prove to be a relief for
the modern busy woman, and there’s nothing
sexier than being given a chance to relax at
the end of the day. Don’t discount your
contribution if you’re a stay-at-home mom,
either. Watching the kids all day and taking
care of the house is more than a full-time
job, so your husband can absolutely pitch in
by doing the cooking.
More women should absolutely place “pulls his
weight around the house” on their list of
“perfect man” traits. While some women may
feel like one of their talents is being usurped
when a man does the cooking, others
appreciate the break from the kitchen. All in
all, sharing the cooking benefits you both,
and it gives you a chance to try new dishes
you might have never made yourself.
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Cutehector(m): 7:24am On Jul 08, 2015
Hmmn... Me dat I like food... And she works 8 - 5pm.... I won't even disturb her for food, she will be d one complaining why don't I eat at home...
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Nairalander01: 7:25am On Jul 08, 2015
k
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 08, 2015
I like em
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by naijaboiy: 7:26am On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Bibidear(f): 7:27am On Jul 08, 2015
Gosh,i love guys dat cook good food
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Cutehector(m): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:
think like a man, act like a lady movie don dey shack u for brain
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:
coz yo cant cook.... Gosh!
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Pineapp: 7:33am On Jul 08, 2015
Men who cook are exceptional in everything because from the kitchen,the art of management is learnt....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Bibidear(f): 7:34am On Jul 08, 2015
Cutehector:
think like a man, act like a lady movie don dey shack u for brain
dnt see anyfin bad there,its being romantic,yea and av seen that movie.its a really nice one
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Bibidear(f): 7:35am On Jul 08, 2015
LueDaveLOVESYOU:
coz yo cant cook.... Gosh!
i can cook better than u
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by doskie(m): 7:38am On Jul 08, 2015
husbands for sale!!! get handsome husband for a fair price. add. 52E0447D.
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Captainswag225(m): 7:42am On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:
dont mind them guys, cooking for your woman is fun, the only problem is that we cant do it everyday.
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:

i can cook better than u
in ur widest dream far apart from da reality... Can you make Shrimp Lo Mein, chiitlin, radish cake, cous cous, scrambled toasted eggs with blended yogurt sauce? Bet u cant xo hw u beta than me. What about baked oat with salmon leaf, jollof pampered rice, naked beans with pepper,..... Cmon indomie gal
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Olofintoto(m): 7:50am On Jul 08, 2015
Captainswag225:
dont mind them guys, cooking for your woman is fun, the only problem is that we cant do it everyday.
seconded.

1 Like

Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Kingsasian(m): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2015
To be frank, I love cooking. I don't need to wait for any lady to do my cooking and I hope to continue doing it even in marriage.
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by whiteybankz(m): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:
Then com n love me ooo…hehe
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by eyeon(m): 8:03am On Jul 08, 2015
I love cooking; and if she doesn't love cooking, then she wount taste my cookies... Cooking is worth it.
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by chuks34(m): 8:06am On Jul 08, 2015
Olofintoto:
seconded.
thirded smiley
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by eyeon(m): 8:06am On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:
Thanks, they mustn't know that you love me.
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Gurgle(f): 8:11am On Jul 08, 2015
If its more practical then I should allow him to do it. sometimes the man is even a better cook than his wife self

but to be honest it would irritate me if I were sitting at a table allowing my husband to serve me..taaa

I would rather he help with other chores like cleaning or ironing to allow me to have time to cook

Just thinking about it I cant stand it at all

1 Like

Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Enegod(m): 8:31am On Jul 08, 2015
Men don't cook! undecided
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Bibidear(f): 8:44am On Jul 08, 2015
Captainswag225:
thank u jawe,i am not asking it everyday,buh at least once in a while
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Bibidear(f): 8:45am On Jul 08, 2015
LueDaveLOVESYOU:
in ur widest dream far apart from da reality... Can you make Shrimp Lo Mein, chiitlin, radish cake, cous cous, scrambled toasted eggs with blended yogurt sauce? Bet u cant xo hw u beta than me. What about baked oat with salmon leaf, jollof pampered rice, naked beans with pepper,..... Cmon indomie gal
wait first,are u a caterer,or did u study hotel management in skool
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Bibidear(f): 8:45am On Jul 08, 2015
whiteybankz:
Then com n love me ooo…hehe
lols,naughty you
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by kingkoboko: 8:46am On Jul 08, 2015
Women luv men wey sabi cook. A woman who cant cook shud b humble enof 2ask her 2teach her how2.

Read d complete INDIA VS NIGERIA match story here: www.IndiaVsNigeria.com
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Bibidear(f): 8:46am On Jul 08, 2015
eyeon:
Thanks, they mustn't know that you love me.
lols,they wont know,it would be between the both of us
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Captainswag225(m): 8:48am On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:

thank u jawe,i am not asking it everyday,buh at least once in a while
thats great, once in a while shouldnt be a problem for any gud and loving husband to cook for his woman.
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:

wait first,are u a caterer,or did u study hotel management in skool
me momma used to be wen she was jobless
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by whiteybankz(m): 8:53am On Jul 08, 2015
Bibidear:

lols,naughty you
Abi na, it's you that said it o, so now exhibit it o
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Bibidear(f): 8:54am On Jul 08, 2015
LueDaveLOVESYOU:
me momma used to be wen she was jobless
shay u will marry me,when shud i come to pay ur dowry so u can cook all these 4 me. Lol
Re: Men Who Cook: What Do You Think, Ladies? by Bibidear(f): 8:54am On Jul 08, 2015
whiteybankz:
Abi na, it's you that said it o, so now exhibit it o
lols,no wahala

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Your Relationship Start With Money, Love Or Friendship? / How To Have Sex Without Catching Feelings / Tolani Baj Nipple Came Out Small For Fresh Air While Partying Yesterday. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.