Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... (16418 Views)

15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career / How Can I Amend The Greatest Mistake I Have Made In My Life, / Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by innocentii: 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
Oooops:
My greatest mistake i still regret was choosing to attend a polytechnic even tho i had a choice to go to a university.... I attended a federal technical college and was crazy about getting practical knowledge.... Got admission thesame time for Ambrose Alli University and Auchi Polytechnic.... chose the polytechnic and i still regret my actions.... cos your practical knowledge would not give you d promotion nor enhancement out here....
ADVICE::
If u currently have that intention of going thru a Poly or even currently in one, Please, drop it and go start again or better have a backup plan to further... cos with a poly result,,, prepare for discrimination.... and don't expect a miracle!!!

tell them bro.

not only in Nigeria sef. if you want to further in a well developed country, you cant do masters or Pgd with HND. you have to apply for undergraduate at year 2.

OND is the worst. you cant even use it for undergraduate admission outside the country as it is not rated as equivalent to 1st year in university or A level - Not is South Africa, and even hardly in Ghana except for less recognised schools abroad..

he who have eyes should read and note this...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
hakeem4:
I'm still in school and I pray I don't make any

Any civil engineer in the house
you are on the right path as far as career is concerned.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by innocentii: 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
adonbilivit:
coz ur b.f was in d poly too?
I think she's referring to government discrimination. can't really fathom point.

but the babes set Ooo! have u seen Whr Dp? grin
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
pbs4real:
eeya. . . Pele its well.

Thanks o.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by pbs4real(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

Thanks o.
u wlcm.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by pbs4real(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
vivaciousvivi:

Thanks o.
u wlcm.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Ephemmm: 3:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
Soreza:
NOT MY CAREER BUT CHOOSING BUHARI WAS A MISTAKE JONA WAS RIGHT AFTERALLT HE BOKOHARAM KILLINGS DOUBLE,NAIRA FALLING DOUBLE,OTHER SECTORS STAGNANT OR THINGS CHANGING FOR THE WORSE.

I wish you speedy recovery from the psychosomatic imbalances you have been experiencing since the defeat of GEJ.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Ephemmm: 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
Emmeritus:
The greatest career mistake anyone can make is choosing the wrong spouse-ubknown

Agreed! I can see you are talking from experience.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Evvilgenius: 3:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
miblolo:
For choosn 2 b an ENT surgeon

Haha...what will you choose if given a second chance?
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by hakeem4(m): 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
lekahm:

you are on the right path as far as career is concerned.
thanks sir
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by modestdude(m): 3:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lizabeth25:
The Career is not a mistake but the dropping of BSC over HND that is the mistake. I'm regretting every bit of it.!
You can work around it dear. its never late
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Spydamannn(m): 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
Not investing all the capital I had in my. New business,It was my first time of starting a biz and I was playing safe...if I had invested more I would have been eating more by now

Life goes on,Keep Winning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by pumpz(m): 3:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
Brb!
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
Government what? This one is not government error...its mine and I'm dancing to the tune.!

quote author=innocentii post=35706496]u mean you dumped bsc for HND?

why? are you not based in Nigeria? or You r referring to the government?[/quote]
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by fflamingo(m): 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
My greatest mistake is seeking for practical knowledge in polytechnic. Despite getting admitted to funaab the same time I got admitted to polyibadan. Am done with my national diploma and Industrial Training.
Passed jamb already but the greatest pain is losing 3years to polytechnic education when I should be going for service next year. I would be going for matriculation.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
I know and I'm going to fix my error because the discrimination is killing!

modestdude:
You can work around it dear. its never late
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
BF ke? I'm a book person. I don't know mix it with other things!

adonbilivit:
coz ur b.f was in d poly too?
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by nkemdi89(f): 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
It will only become a regret when its too late to reverse or make amends.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by nkemdi89(f): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
miblolo:
Please I have a friend that snored heavily what can he do to reduce or stop it?
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dear, Polytechnic is a waste of time. I can say it anytime any day.! I have good results in both ND and HND. Every Vacancy outside is only ment for BSC holders. What's d essence of going to school if you can't use the cert?

Aspireahead:

please can you explain more.... for me I see all of them as just waste of 4/5 years....I should have pursued my dreams without taking the school route. BTW I am in my final year in the university.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by gazilion: 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
I am a Geoscientist!

BSC GEOLOGY (UNN)
MSC PETROLEUM GEOSCIENCE (MANCHESTER)

There is wealth beneath the earth !!

No Regrets...
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by GeneralQuamdeen: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
My greatest mistake is.. I chose to be a science student because my dad asked me to...
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Wiseoldman: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
I started with a love for everything science in junior secondary...i was going to become a scientist. Love for money pushed my attention towards my rich aunts field (accounting). Right about the end of high school money pushed me towards my richer uncle's field (petroleum engineering). During jamb my dad made chose chemical engineering because of an even richer aunt. I nonetheless changed this choice to mechanical engineering with a tipex at d jamb form submission center. Today I can say it has turned out not too bad :-) I am another soldier plying my trade with the "Biggest company you have never heard off" keeping watch on the blue waters ensuring ur fuel never runs out....
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Aspireahead(m): 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Dear, Polytechnic is a waste of time. I can say it anytime any day.! I have good results in both ND and HND. Every Vacancy outside is only ment for BSC holders. What's d essence of going to school if you can't use the cert?

I still believe both are a waste of precious time. I have a friend in the hostel who graduated from economics and is telling me he is looking for money to attend video making school as that is where his dreams lie, although he already has a job as the Client Relation officer for Modeducation consultants in calabar, and I ask him why did he then study economics in the university... this are his exact words "the only lesson I have learnt in the university is that i abandoned my dreams trying to impress the society" and i could not agree any less. I remember all the things I wanted to be and do before my admission... I remember the things I could do...all that is now history. the worst part is that i won't be graduating with a 'good' degree.
BTW...there is a job in the front page that accepts HND qualifications...and I will advice you talk to xfire in the career section...there is this thread of his that I have been drawing inspiration from. all is well.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by SFSNIPER(m): 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
Benedict44:
Good morning all....We have been hearing about career in this fields and no one have told us if he or she made a mistake in choosing his or her career so we would like to know if you made any mistake in choosing your career or did you just achieved success easily....

......The oga's in the house , your comments are highly needed ...tanx..

Choosing the military was a huge mistake.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lol.!

Aspireahead:

I still believe both are a waste of precious time. I have a friend in the hostel who graduated from economics and is telling me he is looking for money to attend video making school as that is where his dreams lie, although he already has a job as the Client Relation officer for Modeducation consultants in calabar, and I ask him why did he then study economics in the university... this are his exact words "the only lesson I have learnt in the university is that i abandoned my dreams trying to impress the society" and i could not agree any less. I remember all the things I wanted to be and do before my admission... I remember the things I could do...all that is now history. the worst part is that i won't be graduating with a 'good' degree.
BTW...there is a job in the front page that accepts HND qualifications...and I will advice you talk to xfire in the career section...there is this thread of his that I have been drawing inspiration from. all is well.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Aspireahead(m): 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Lol.!

let me take your laugh as having past that stage.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by drealnamdy(m): 4:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
My dad wanted me to become a lawyer but the choice I made was business...soo far I ve being enjoying it... Meanwhile a friend also made his choice too...his dad wanted him to be a doctor but he made a choice "a disgrace to the family' which is also a career part cheesy
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by mentorandfriend(m): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
miblolo:
Really? Please tell me more. Why dont you like ENT? What else could have taken you?
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Ephemmm:

Agreed! I can see you are talking from experience.
nooo
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hmmmmmm

Aspireahead:

let me take your laugh as having past that stage.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by bummyla(m): 4:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
Wasted N250K On A Professional Exam, I Wasn't Qualified To Write, Because My Friend Was Writing It and He Always Chew My Ears Off, How Much He Would Be Paid Once He Finished The Exam!

How Painful The Experience Was!

http://www.bummyla.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Ways To Politely Shut Down A Conversation During Work Time / Origins Of Ten Common Professions / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.