Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,163 members, 7,835,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... (16414 Views)

15 Common Mistakes In Choosing A Career / How Can I Amend The Greatest Mistake I Have Made In My Life, / Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lizabeth25:
The Career is not a mistake but the dropping of BSC over HND that is the mistake. I'm regretting every bit of it.!

How do u mean? What happened? I'm interested.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by innocentii: 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Government what? This one is not government error...its mine and I'm dancing to the tune.!

quote author=innocentii post=35706496]u mean you dumped bsc for HND?

why? are you not based in Nigeria? or You r referring to the government?
ennnn! shocked tell me more.
what's d tune like? hip-hop or r&b?

but on a more serious note, why did u switch?
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Odunharry(m): 5:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Dear, Polytechnic is a waste of time. I can say it anytime any day.! I have good results in both ND and HND. Every Vacancy outside is only ment for BSC holders. What's d essence of going to school if you can't use the cert?

dont agree totally...Poly isnt a waste of time.
we have many poly graduates making it big time
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Aspiregreat: 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
drealnamdy:
My dad wanted me to become a lawyer but the choice I made was business...soo far I ve being enjoying it... Meanwhile a friend also made his choice too...his dad wanted him to be a doctor but he made a choice "a disgrace to the family' which is also a career part cheesy

Your Dad actually wanted the best for You,but your quest for money jeopardized everything...if u had gone to law school you won't use PART to replace PATH cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
The tone is Makosa!!!

quote author=innocentii post=35712164]ennnn! shocked tell me more.

but on a more serious note, why did u switch?[/quote]
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Forward1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
Badgers14:
My dad wanted me to be a medical doctor, mom wanted me to be a lawyer.. But i ended up not being any of them. The pressure was too much that i was losing concentration in school.
I settled with biochem. Proud metabolite cool

just tell us you were offered biochem.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nduxzy: 5:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
Same Shoes
vivaciousvivi:
None really except not doing my ICAN when I had the chance embarassed
Now its a struggle.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by U2ice(m): 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
My parents wntd me to b a politician bt I wantd accountin tho ended up studing Bus/edu now I wished I'd studied fine-art grin....anyways notin spoil, na politician I go b last last make I make money 1st#benBrucemyMentor
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by adonbilivit: 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lizabeth25:
BF ke? I'm a book person. I don't know mix it with other things!

nice
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by innocentii: 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lizabeth25:
The tone is Makosa!!!

quote author=innocentii post=35712164]ennnn! shocked tell me more.

but on a more serious note, why did u switch?
wow! with your height waist down, you must be having real fun dancing to d tone tongue *kidding*

But u still never said why u took d decision undecided
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Forward1(m): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lizabeth25:
Dear, Polytechnic is a waste of time. I can say it anytime any day.! I have good results in both ND and HND. Every Vacancy outside is only ment for BSC holders. What's d essence of going to school if you can't use the cert?

i believe u were not compelled to attend a polytechnic. I spent 3 yrs at home after my secondary sch because i refuse to obtain a ploy jamb form, i rejected diploma & others. But today I'm a sound graduate of one of the best fed uni in nig. Pls learn to dream big & pursue ur dreams with all sense of responsibility. Don't want say much..... Brevity is the soul of wit (shakespeare)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by pythondjango(m): 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
superior1:
None, I entered the right career accidentally. Now, I dey thank God
please can you tell us that accidental luck you are in.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by LLVelly: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
When we was young everybody wants to be one...a doctor,nurse,banker,gangster.etc but when we start school,things no longer interest us. So some we get addicted to noise making in class & some will like sitting at the backest of d back then dreams are lost. In Nigeria there's nothing like dream...we only get one aim and that is MONEY because it's MONEY>POWER>RESPECT.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by kuchikau: 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
The duara born bastard is nigeria biggest mistake...stupid president
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by kuchikau: 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
Boko hari is nigerias mistake..correct it now
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by smartwengslamatt: 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
if d career hasn't killed u, den diaz no mistake(s)
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by JERIZO(m): 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
It is not about the mistake you made, but what you did to correct that mistake. You made a Mistake, fine! But what have you learnt from it, and what are you doing with what you learnt. There is always a room for change, improvement, or better still adaptation. Your survival depends on your ability to adapt(adaptation involves positive changes) to who you are and what you have become and make the best out of it, instead of pilling up blames which changes nothing.
We are bound to make mistakes, but what we do with those mistakes is what matters.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hmmmm.

Forward1:

i believe u were not compelled to attend a polytechnic. I spent 3 yrs at home after my secondary sch because i refuse to obtain a ploy jamb form, i rejected diploma & others. But today I'm a sound graduate of one of the best fed uni in nig. Pls learn to dream big & pursue ur dreams with all sense of responsibility. Don't want say much..... Brevity is the soul of wit (shakespeare)
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by papercoin(m): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
Joavid:
More of an educational mistake -
Hating maths all through secondary school.
I wish I tried to learn. I wish I focused, am sure if I did I would be good at it.

Am regretting it.sad

Now, its like am starting over. I've got economics to deal with.
sad

mine was maths and account but I did great in econometric still baffle me till date
sha at MSC level am doing great in both #nagodwin
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by miblolo(f): 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Really? Please tell me more. Why dont you like ENT? What else could have taken you?
May b a family physician
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by miblolo(f): 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
[quote author=nkemdi89 post=35708690]
Please I have a friend that snored heavily what can he do to reduce or stop it?[/
cause may depend on d age,however weightloss in overweight helps alot.its better to see a dr for proper evaluation.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by lawrence9999(m): 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
proudly a pharmacist by profession. but if i had had a second chance i would have studied mathematics. i love anything calculation. about to start up my master in pharmaceutical chemistry
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Adortem: 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
The greatest mistake I made in choosing my career was that, I never chose my career, I was given grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Brite100: 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
Joavid:
More of an educational mistake -
Hating maths all through secondary school.
I wish I tried to learn. I wish I focused, am sure if I did I would be good at it.

Am regretting it.sad

Now, its like am starting over. I've got economics to deal with.
sad
& Come to think of it, maths is the easiest subject especially @ the secondary sch level.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by mentorandfriend(m): 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
miblolo:

May b a family physician
Done with residency in ENT? Or still on it?
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by nkemdi89(f): 12:18am On Jul 11, 2015
[quote author=miblolo post=35720048][/quote]
He isn't over weight but it has to do wit his nasal passage.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by Youngsage: 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
kamez:
my parents wanted me to be a medical doctor. but i hate hospital environment, and i also like to have time to enjoy myself. so i rebelled and instead i studied industrial physics,

I'm currently enjoying the job of my dream,

so for now I think I made the right choice
Lol but bros who tell you say all dokis no get time to enjoy themselves? It depends sha. Abi na some doctors they flex pass sef. I mean the rich ones lol
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by kfrosh: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
False!!! Your HND has the same recognition in USA and Canada schools ; I have little idea about UK and other European countries. I know lots of HND graduates doing so well in their respective field but unfortunately they still get victimized in getting promoted.
innocentii:
tell them bro.

not only in Nigeria sef. if you want to further in a well developed country, you cant do masters or Pgd with HND. you have to apply for undergraduate at year 2.

OND is the worst. you cant even use it for undergraduate admission outside the country as it is not rated as equivalent to 1st year in university or A level - Not is South Africa, and even hardly in Ghana except for less recognised schools abroad..

he who have eyes should read and note this...
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by DaisyII: 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
kilokeys:
I should have faced music

But come to think of it... Diversity isnt a bad idea

I am an engineer by cert, a facility manager by job, a PA, a personnel manager, a safety officer by prof. Exams, a guitarist , singer, pianist and erhmm plenry thingz.. And i get small change from all these..
LEARN whatever u can .. Thats d fastest way to EARN

That's a wise thing to do.
Re: What Is The Greatest Mistake You Made In Choosing Your Career .... by MicroBox: 11:03am On Jul 12, 2015
Suppose to have travel round south east during my NYSC days that is from one oil and gas certification to the other I.e Mud School,Diving School etc though information is key. Now back to far north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How You Are Killing Your Own Career / Best Ways To Politely Shut Down A Conversation During Work Time / Origins Of Ten Common Professions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.