Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now (61906 Views)

Top Ten Hottest And Best Rappers In Nigeria 2016 / Top 10 Best And Hottest Rappers In Nigeria-nigerian Infopedia / Top 10 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria For 2015 (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by 9jatatafo(m): 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
Olamide Phyno Vector MI Reminis

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
Frankiss44:
Ice Prince sings more than he raps these days... Vector is a worthy replacement
going with your reason on why Ice Prince should be dropped,Olamide's name also shouldn't be on that list,been singing more of late
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by kay29000(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
blessingee:

Illuminati don become wetin them dey hawk for MOLUE now abi? grin grin grin grin This guy must be high on wet mortuary weed!

LMAO! No mind the guy.
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by abdulrazat(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
Pinkylilly:
For me...
1. Olamide
2. Reminisce
3. M.I
4. Phyno
5. Lil Kesh
53. Mode 9

Wetin mode9 do you? grin
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by fF01(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
MuhdG:
Ice Prince Cannot rap
Dat dude can't even FREESTYLE to save ezz life!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by tellwisdom: 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
Deduct olamide- na noise he dey make

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Frankiss44(m): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lamispaco:
going with your reason on why Ice Prince should be dropped,Olamide's name also shouldn't be on that list,been singing more of late

True.. Blame it on rappers going commercial for pepper sake .. But Olamide still raps more than he sings and the Dude owns the airwaves right now

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by tellwisdom: 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
Pinkylilly:
For me...
1. Olamide
2. Reminisce
3. M.I
4. Phyno
5. Lil Kesh
53. Mode 9

Olodo sad

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by fretfingers: 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
Freemanan:
M.I is hot.... Issokay....

Durella is hot then
I tire oo...

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by pamcode(m): 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
olamide,Ice prince, lil kesh, Mi, Blackmagic,Vector
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by fretfingers: 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
Freemanan:
M.I is hot.... Issokay....

Durella is hot then
I tire oo...
Well him talk say na him own opinion sha...
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Frankiss44(m): 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
fF01:

Dat dude can't even FREESTYLE to save ezz life!

Lol.. That's harsh... I think Ice Prince is a case of success getting to your head.. I gave up on him when he featured Sarkodie on a track, and Sarkodie murdered him without respect

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by 4C2215131: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
kay29000:
Most of the people saying I don't know anything about rap make me laugh. They were probably shitting in pampers when I was listening to rap music. NO ONE...I repeat, no one on this thread knows more about rap music than me. But this is not about all that. This is about who is the hottest, and those guys I listed are the hottest. There is a big difference between hottest and best lyricist.

Don't be so quick to assert that no one in this thread knows about rap music more than you do. Well, you may be technically right, but I'm in the thread now and I believe I can take you on. Straight up man...no bull! Talking' bout some real hip-hop here...KRS One, Das Efx, Cellah Dwellers, Gumbo, Main Source, Fu Schnickens, Souls of Mischief and stuff...could go on and on...down to Showbiz and AG (My pockets are fat)...Diamond D (dope producer...diggin' in the crates production)...MC Eight, DJ Quick, MC Ren, MC Lyte, Shante The Queen, Salt 'n' Pepa, LL Cool J, BDK (Big Daddy Kane), Kool Moe Dee, Red Head Kingpin...could go on and on...you want us to do this...really...don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by nairamaniac: 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
#MODIFIED

These may be the hottest rappers due to commercials appeal. but not all of them are the best rappers. M.I is one of the best rappers not just in 9ja but in the world. his 1st two albums can attest to that. Don't be decieved by his inactivity for past 4years or his sub par album (Chairman). The man is a beast. I believe he deliberately slowed down due to lack of competition and need not to oppress his other label-mates. Next to M.I is Yung6 and erigga. 4get the local warri tone from Erigga, the guy is gooooood. Erigga has the best punchlines currently in Nigeria. He also does storylines like crazy. Have you heard the one with Oritshe Femi or his own remake of Wild wild west? Go and find them if you haven't heard them. Only Nas can be that creative when it comes to storylines. These 3 are currently the best. Then add Eva to the list. She does it so Effortlessly. She's more of a Lauryn Hill (Fuggees) type of rapper. I am not Yoruba, but i respect Olamide. The guy is good. You all may have gotten tired of him, but try to listen to his 1st album called Rapsody, that was RAW talents. Ice Prince is good, but seems to have stuck more of commercial appeal.
my list should be:
1. M.I
2. Yung6
3. Erigga
4. Olamide
5. Eva

Ice prince can play the 6th man on the bench to the above 5. Vector should be in there. but I don't know who he would sub. Eva needs to be there.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
Frankiss44:

True.. Blame it on rappers going commercial for pepper sake .. But Olamide still raps more than he sings and the Dude owns the airwaves right now
true about that,the unique thing about Olamide is,even when he sings,they still turn out to be hit,just like the case of Shakiti Bobo,although I would love to see the good old Olamide back..

The one that did

Voice of the street

Ilefo Illuminati

Those were ure Ra songs,although he did come with some in his latest Album,like Zero Joy...
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by fF01(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
nairamaniac:
These may be the hottest rappers due to commercials appeal. but not all of them are the best rappers. M.I is one of the best rappers not just in 9ja but in the world. his 1st two albums can attest to that. Don't be decieved by his inactivity for past 4years or his sub par album (Chairman). The man is a beast. I believe he deliberately slowed down due to lack of competition and need not to oppress his other label-mates. Next to M.I is Yung6 and erigga. 4get the local warri tone from Erigga, the guy is gooooood. Erigga has the best punchlines currently in Nigeria. He also does storylines like crazy. Have you heard the one with Oritshe Femi or his own remake of Wild wild west? Go and find them if you haven't heard them. Only Nas can be that creative when it comes to storylines. These 3 are currently the best. Then add Eva to the list. She does it so Effortlessly. She's more of a Lauryn Hill (Fuggees) type of rapper. I am not Yoruba, but i respect Olamide. The guy is good. You all may have gotten tired of him, but try to listen to his 1st album called Rapsody, that was RAW talents. Ice Prince is good, but seems to have stuck more of commercial appeal.
my list should be:
1. M.I
2. Yung6
3. Erigga
4. Olamide
5. Eva

Ice prince can play the 6th man on the bench to the above 5.
ERIGGA! u sabi person. dat guy says it as it is. most of ma friends be lyk: guy wetin u dey hear 4 dis guy song sef.
bur ma kush guyz love am sha!
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Maintech: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
lekjons:
what of Illblis,(Oga Bosr)??

Illbliss kwa? My 5 month-old son raps better than that dude.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Frankaka8(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
Pinkylilly:
For me...
1. Olamide
2. Reminisce
3. M.I
4. Phyno
5. Lil Kesh
53. Mode 9
is lil kesh a rapper Abi na him shoki dey worry you?? LooLs #no bad blood

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Maintech: 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
Realgana:
Eedris Abdulkarim
Lord of Ajasa
2shots
Ruggedman
Alaye
Indomie generation will be like what is this guy saying.

I half endorse this
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Gynacologist(m): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
ssusoloc:
Oga comot MI from there jare
y?
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by teegrams(m): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
Please you people should stop listing Olamide as a rapper for now ,the guy stopped rapping a long time ago.any reason to dispute ?? Pick up Olamide track from last year and listen he now sings in Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by MCJIKEL22(m): 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
kay29000:
I was just watching Reminisce's 'Local Rappers' video yesterday, and was thinking of how far Nigerian rappers have come in the last couple of years. Things are now looking good for Naija rappers, and they don't have to sound foreign to be accepted.

I decided to put a list together, naming who I consider the TOP 5 HOTTEST rappers in Nigeria right now. Yup! Here goes.

5. Ice Prince

4. M.I

3. Phyno

2. Reminisce

1. Olamide

What do you think? You disagree with any placement? As I always say when I put lists like this up; this is the HOTTEST rappers in the game list, and not the most lyrical rappers in the game list. I believe these 5 guys I have mentioned are the hottest in the game right now, in 2015. Ice Prince has had a long stretch for the past 4 years, but I think they slowed things down at Choc City for him, so that his label mate, M.I can get some shine too with his latest album. Olamide and Phyno have been killing shit consistently for years now, but in the last couple of months, Reminisce has been bringing that fire. I would put him at number one, but Olamide's work ethic is just insane.

http://www.kaysrapzone.com/2015/07/top-5-hottest-nigerian-rappers-right.html
i disagree with your list
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Frankiss44(m): 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lamispaco:
true about that,the unique thing about Olamide is,even when he sings,they still turn out to be hit,just like the case of Shakiti Bobo,although I would love to see the good old Olamide back..

The one that did

Voice of the street

Ilefo Illuminati

Those were ure Ra songs,although he did come with some in his latest Album,like Zero Joy...

Spot on

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by STEVENcrack(m): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
NO way reminisce is coming b4 phyno..and Vector d viper sud be there hun.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by blessingee: 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
tellwisdom:
Deduct olamide- na noise he dey make

To deduct Olamide is to delete the whole list!

Olamide is HOT, dishing out HITS and u say he's making noise? abeg change your ear piece to follow come grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by jrerico1(m): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
if you nor dey rap, nor ever make rap list because cat sabi swim nor mean say e be cat fish -
M.I Abaga

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by letsbet(m): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
kay29000:

Pls name just one song from Vector in 2015 that is hot on radio...Just one song.

KINGKONG grin
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by kay29000(m): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
4C2215131:

Don't be so quick to assert that no one in this thread knows about rap music more than you do. Well, you may be technically right, but I'm in the thread now and I believe I can take you on. Straight up man...no bull! Talking' bout some real hip-hop here...KRS One, Das Efx, Cellah Dwellers, Gumbo, Main Source, Fu Schnickens, Souls of Mischief and stuff...could go on and on...down to Showbiz and AG (My pockets are fat)...Diamond D (dope producer...diggin' in the crates production)...MC Eight, DJ Quick, MC Ren, MC Lyte, Shante The Queen, Salt 'n' Pepa, LL Cool J, BDK (Big Daddy Kane), Kool Moe Dee, Red Head Kingpin...could go on and on...you want us to do this...really...don't think so.

I won't lie, I am impressed, but I still stand on my word. Judging by the names you listed, I know you are probably in your late 30s or early 40s, cos those are rappers from the 80s. I am 34, and started listening to rap music in the early 90s, but I have all the old classics...Eric B and Rakim's Paid in Full...Slick Rick's The Adventures of Slick Rick and all those 80s hip hop albums. Judging from the fact that you know more about 80s hiphop, but i know 80s, 90s, 2000s and this j cole and Kendrick Lamar era, I know more about hip hop than you.
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by rhymxkid(m): 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
kay29000:

Pls name just one song from Vector in 2015 that is hot on radio...Just one song.

Ara ra ra ra ra !! Oro ro ro ro ro !! King kong!! Ft sarkodie
Kingkong 2 ft reminisce,phyno.. Osamo!! Odum!!
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Frankaka8(m): 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
dareyking:

King Kong + Remixes nko!!!......
kingkong kor, ping pong ni... Vector is kool, buh d OP list is arguably correct. Those 5guys are dropping it at will.... **drops mic**

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Temysteve(m): 7:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
lekjons:
what of Illblis,(Oga Bosr)??
especially dat 'Many Men' ft Wizzy. It was dope!!!
Re: Top 5 Hottest Rappers In Nigeria Right Now by Frankaka8(m): 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
rhymxkid:
Ara ra ra ra ra !! Oro ro ro ro ro !! King kong!! Ft sarkodie Kingkong 2 ft reminisce,phyno.. Osamo!! Odum!!
those songs still dey learn and begging for air waves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Big-sized Lady Twerks For Nollywood Actor, Rocks Him (photos) / A Heavily Pregnant Funke Akindele In New Photos / Linda Ikeji Drags Wizkid To Police Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.