Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,079 members, 7,818,233 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (78825 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by bidex(m): 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
SuperSuave:
This is not the first time I noticed some bible verses are actually saying the opposite of another. Isn't the gospel supposed to be preached in one accord? I first noticed that Jesus Christ actually turned water into wine(alcoholic wine not fruit wine cos my Yoruba bible says "oti wine"wink which means Jesus somehow endorses wine. In the same Bible again I saw in Galatians(can't remember the chapter and verse), where the fruits of the flesh were listed, drunkenness was listed also. undecided

Another thing that ultimately made no sense was the whole Old Testament/New Testament conundrum. God actually changes his mind? In Leviticus, God lays down a bunch of laws and calls them “everlasting.” Then in the New Testament, we suddenly hear this:

For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. —Hebrews 8:7

Another one was when God brought a sheet unto Peter which contained various four-legged and two-legged animals and beasts of different kind, then God told Peter to arise, kill and eat. Peter refused saying he cannot eat unclean things, God rebuked him by saying how can he(Peter) call the things He(God) created unclean?

And later I read another verse where God outlined the forbidden animals, birds and beasts we should not eat. undecided

I was confused, so I went online to checkout if there are more Bible verses that contradicts one another, the ones I found are listed below[/font][/size][/b][/color]

Atheists should keep off this thread pls

you are talking nonsense. bible is complete and everything in it is complete. yes, Jesus turned water to wine. mind you, anything wine must contain alcohol.
... Galatians 5 talked about the fruits of the spirit, it did not say "dont drink wine" what it stated was DRUNKENNESS. let's always read with open mind abeg.
God said "thou shall not kill" but that passage that states ppl should start killing, did u read it all? did u read the build up to that passage?
Please go ask for forgiveness.

2 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
For anyone intersted in examining discrepancies in the bible see here""

http://0352182.netsolhost.com/pdf/An%20Examination%20of%20the%20Alleged%20Discrepanc.pdf
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by deleib(m): 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
Uhn
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by tsdarkside(m): 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
Freemanan:

That Smiley is my opinion sir.

grin grin grin ...good one...sorry op i couldnt help myself than to laugh.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Malakh: 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
Fleshly people can't understand spiritual things, as an authority in the word there's nothing contradictory in His word cause YHWH is not an author of confusion, I just read a few and decided to respond in regards to killing, yes we are allowed to kill strangers, even Angels have swords to kill off strangers,so what the heck you talking about

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by mooremedia: 2:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
Atheist's food is ready o

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by sweatlana: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
@SUPERSUAVE BE CAREFUL!!!

YOU ARE TREADING ON BLASPHEMY!

If you really want to understand the bible get a bible scholar to explain it to you. Don't come here and criticise what you don't know!

2 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by haibe(m): 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
Why study out of context and claim they are contradictions.. this is what you get when you study bible like your normal literature novels without the help of the holy Spirit..

Your first point about killing simply showed you lack comprehension skill because merely reading it in context, you will understand "thou shall not kill" is a law thats against murder (unlawful killing) and not killing generally. . There is lawful killing and unlawful killing. . If the govt commands a police man to kill a thief, is that murder? But its killing right? Will he be a criminal for that? So just apply a bit of sense, it will help u..

2 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by bettercreature(m): 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
The major reason is that,Bible was composed in such a way that everything would be found inside it
So there is no way it wont contradict one another
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Liebnitz(m): 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
v
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by tsdarkside(m): 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
i dont realy understand what you want to hear from us....that the bible is a messed-up piece a of book??

btw..i am not atheist,,,still christian...but i dont believe in the bible,and i dont believe in white-jesus....
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Bonapart(m): 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
@op stop all these digging.... the word of God is misery
Be careful

2 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Tripletimmy(m): 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
shuu! I now believe common sence is not as common as that... May u nt die in ignorance.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by mu2sa2: 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
So u choose to pick only 30! Pls Google the subject and you'll be shocked. Clearly some guys wrote these things and palmed them off as "word of god", hence the irreconcilable contradictions. They even revise the "word of god" any time it pleases them.

8 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by nairaman49ja: 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
Until you are helped by the Holy Spirit, You will not have understanding of the Holy Bible. The bible does not contradict himself, for God is not the author of confusion.
Prayer Point: Lord open thou my eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.
Psalm 119vs18. PRAYER!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by datcha(m): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
Remember God is not a man.May God forgive you.Sin against the spirit.Pray for divine wisdom and understanding to be able to interprete the holy bible.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Yiwawo11: 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Boyoboy9:
Every pronouncement from God was perfect so I can't say further
This is artificial(moderated/amended) bible not the originally revealed one.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by joywendy(f): 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
Lol you don't want athiest on this thread..why? Are you afraid they will confuse you? Ain't you strong enough in faith?

Anyways you aren't going to get any real answer here if that's what you want.

Love this thread btw wink

*watching from the sidelines with zobo and chin chin* grin

3 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by charlesucheh(m): 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hitter:
To an unbeliever they are contradictory.
You need Jesus to understand undecided
what do you mean by "UNBELIEVER"? Are you a believer?
Stop the dogmatic response and clear things.if you can't, just keep quiet. Religious fanatics everywhere!!!!
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by brightnelly(f): 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
Interesting!!!
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by kashrush: 2:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
Pls prove to show all listed above isn't[/color] so....color=#006600] if truly u know your Bible well enough. Anyways There is none worthy of worship but Allah the mighty,the Forbearing. There is none worthy of worship but Allah,Lord of the magnificent Throne. There is none worthy of worship but Allah, Lord of the heavens and Lord of the earth and Lord of the Noble Throne.

8 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by sukkot: 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
they dont contradict if you know and understand that the bible is not a literal text but is symbolic and allegorical. for example if i write a story in 2 different books of the bible and the message to be gotten from it is that buhari is a saint. in one book i can say buhari stumbled on 10,000 naira and returned it to the owner. in another book i can write the same story as he stumbled on 20,000 naira but he returned it to the owner. to the unenlightened who reads the bible literally this is a contradiction. but the message from the story is the same and is what you need to extract from the symbolic story which is ' buhari is a honest man '. thats how the bible is written. it is not to be taken literally.

2 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Taiye4Christ(m): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
My jss1 CRE students can comfortably clarify these "contradictions" in five minutes without breaking a sweat or batting an eyelid.......
Next, please

*sipping my communion wine*
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by mohisi: 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
SuperSuave:
This is not the first time I noticed some bible verses are actually saying the opposite of another. Isn't the gospel supposed to be preached in one accord? I first noticed that Jesus Christ actually turned water into wine(alcoholic wine not fruit wine cos my Yoruba bible says "oti wine"wink which means Jesus somehow endorses wine. In the same Bible again I saw in Galatians(can't remember the chapter and verse), where the fruits of the flesh were listed, drunkenness was listed also. undecided

Another thing that ultimately made no sense was the whole Old Testament/New Testament conundrum. God actually changes his mind? In Leviticus, God lays down a bunch of laws and calls them “everlasting.” Then in the New Testament, we suddenly hear this:

For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. —Hebrews 8:7

Another one was when God brought a sheet unto Peter which contained various four-legged and two-legged animals and beasts of different kind, then God told Peter to arise, kill and eat. Peter refused saying he cannot eat unclean things, God rebuked him by saying how can he(Peter) call the things He(God) created unclean?

And later I read another verse where God outlined the forbidden animals, birds and beasts we should not eat. undecided

I was confused, so I went online to checkout if there are more Bible verses that contradicts one another, the ones I found are listed below[/font][/size][/b][/color]

christ came n left with d truth n st pual came with lies (Roman 3:7) and pual said how can I be judge a sinner if thru my lies the glory of God is mutiplies
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Teejay1313(m): 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
Op you need to really study and understand and u need a teacher to explain to u like the Ethiopian said in d bible to understand, I will just explain one for u, the old testament is still very much in force and everlasting, like Jesus said he didn't come to break d laws but to fulfil it, if u watch d commandments Jesus gave were even tougher than that of the old testament, d old said thou shall not commit adultery, Jesus said dat if u look at a woman lustfully u have commited adultery already, so u see all d laws are still there and potent, he only gave a summary of the law in d new testament, to Luv God with ur whole heart and ur neighbour as urself, d old testament wasn't perfect again becos man had sinned and continued to sin, man could not leave dat holy life and Jesus had to cum and die for man giving him d grace to leave a holy life, his blood was what sealed d new testament. So d old and new testament are in harmony. Another tin u pointed out is dat those four leggged animals that d old testament called unclean and they are called clean in d new testament, of course d blood of Jesus that was shed in d new testament made all tins holy and clean, u need to understand this.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by dammieco(m): 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
SuperSuave:

May God give u the absolute understanding of the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by fajani(m): 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
Not everyone can understand bible verse. only the Holy spirit can interprete it. is not just English....

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by neocortex: 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Don't mind those hiding behind , context those verses on killing means nothing but "kill".
Except the meaning of "kill" has changed.
It is actually some christian apologists who are ashamed of the "history of god"
that are trying so hard to misrepresent the history which the Jews themselves are very proud of.

There actually many verses in the bible that commanded the killing of ones enemies.
The only way to make sense of those commandments is to differentiate between Jews and gentiles
and recognize Yahweh as the local god of the ancient semitic people.

The 10 commandments was only relevant if you are dealing with the "people of god"
otherwise it is OK to kill and plunder enemy territories.

Sometime one wonder how there is so much similarity between ISIS ideology and various old testament
commandments e.g Beheading , stoning to death , crucifixion e.t.c.

My opinion.

5 Likes

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by mosesosa: 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
Thank you for bearing your mind concerning the Bible well the Bible is the word of God and so you need the holy spirit to explains the word to you flesh and blood will not help matters as you will just read and pass through them like you have just done I pray that you will have peace with God so you can get the real meaning of his word there is power in the word you are playing with may that power find and deliver you from the darkness in Jesus name Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by fajani(m): 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
SuperSuave:

Do you find this Contradict.... There was Jesus Christ before the creation of the World....

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by lekropasky(m): 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
mactoni91:
1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16 God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2 4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/
Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be
heard John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/
1 Tim 6:16
5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28 6. God is everywhere present, sees
and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job
34:22,21
God is not everywhere present,
neither sees nor knows all things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8
7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in
their heart Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12
8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19
9. God is unchangeable James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/
Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam
2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14 10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/
Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom
9:11-13/ Matt 13:12 11. God is the author of evil
Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/
Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
God is not the author of evil
1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James
1:13 12. God gives freely to those who
ask
James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
God withholds his blessings and
prevents men from receiving
them John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is
63:17
13. God is to be found by those
who seek him
Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
God is not to be found by those who seek him
Prov 1:28
14. God is warlike
Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15
God is peaceful
Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33 15. God is cruel, unmerciful,
destructive, and ferocious
Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam
15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19
God is kind, merciful, and good
James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/
1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8
16. God's anger is fierce and
endures long
Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4
God's anger is slow and endures but for a minute
Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5
17. God commands, approves of,
and delights in burnt offerings,
sacrifices ,and holy days
Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9
God disapproves of and has no
pleasure in burnt offerings,
sacrifices, and holy days.
Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is
1:13,11,12 18. God accepts human sacrifices
2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg
11:30-32,34,38,39
God forbids human sacrifice
Deut 12:30,31
19. God tempts men Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/
Matt 6:13
God tempts no man
James 1:13
20. God cannot lie
Heb 6:18 God lies by proxy; he sends forth
lying spirits t deceive
2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek
14:9
21. Because of man's wickedness
God destroys him Gen 6:5,7
Because of man's wickedness
God will not destroy him
Gen 8:21
22. God's attributes are revealed in
his works. Rom 1:20
God's attributes cannot be
discovered
Job 11:7/ Is 40:28
23. There is but one God
Deut 6:4 There is a plurality of gods
Gen 1:26/ Gen 3:22/ Gen 18:1-3/
1 John 5:7 Moral Precepts 24. Robbery commanded
Ex 3:21,22/ Ex 12:35,36
Robbery forbidden
Lev 19:13/ Ex 20:15
25. Lying approved and sanctioned
Josh 2:4-6/ James 2:25/ Ex 1:18-20/ 1 Kings 22:21,22
Lying forbidden
Ex 20:16/ Prov 12:22/ Rev 21:8
26. Hatred to the Edomite
sanctioned
2 Kings 14:7,3 Hatred to the Edomite forbidden
Deut 23:7
27. Killing commanded
Ex 32:27
Killing forbidden
Ex 20:13 28. The blood-shedder must die
Gen 9:5,6
The blood-shedder must not die
Gen 4:15
29. The making of images
forbidden Ex 20:4
The making of images
commanded
Ex 25:18,20
30. Slavery and oppression
ordained Gen 9:25/ Lev 25:45,46/ Joel 3:8
Slavery and oppression forbidden
Is 58:6/ Ex 22:21/ Ex 21:16/ Matt
23:10
31. Improvidence enjoyed
Matt 6:28,31,34/ Luke 6:30,35/ Luke 12:3
Improvidence condemned
1 Tim 5:8/ Prov 13:22
32. Anger approved
Eph 4:26
Anger disapproved Eccl 7:9/ Prov 22:24/ James 1:20
33. Good works to be seen of men
Matt 5:16
Good works not to be seen of
men
Matt 6:1 34. Judging of others forbidden
Matt 7:1,2
Judging of others approved
1 Cor 6:2-4/ 1 Cor 5:12
35. Christ taught non-resistance
Matt 5:39/ Matt 26:52 Christ taught and practiced
physical resistance
Luke 22:36/ John 2:15
36. Christ warned his followers not
to fear being killed
Luke 12:4 Christ himself avoided the Jews
for fear of being killed
John 7:1
37. Public prayer sanctioned
1 Kings 8:22,54, 9:3
Public prayer disapproved Matt 6:5,6
38. Importunity in prayer
commended
Luke 18:5,7
Importunity in prayer condemned
Matt 6:7,8 39. The wearing of long hair by
men sanctioned
Judg 13:5/ Num 6:5
The wearing of long hair by men
condemned
1 Cor 11:14 40. Circumcision instituted
Gen 17:10
Circumcision condemned
Gal 5:2
41. The Sabbath instituted
Ex 20:8 The Sabbath repudiated
Is 1:13/ Rom 14:5/ Col 2:16
42. The Sabbath instituted because
God rested on the seventh day
Ex 20:11
The Sabbath instituted because God brought the Israelites
out of Egypt
Deut 5:15
43. No work to be done on the
Sabbath under penalty of death
Ex 31:15/ Num 15:32,36 Jesus Christ broke the Sabbath
and justified his disciples in
the same
John 5:16/ Matt 12:1-3,5
44. Baptism commanded
Matt 28:19 Baptism not commanded
1 Cor 1:17,14
45. Every kind of animal allowed for
food.
Gen 9:3/ 1 Cor 10:25/ Rom 14:14
Certain kinds of animals prohibited for food.
Deut 14:7,8
46. Taking of oaths sanctioned
Num 30:2/ Gen 21:23-24,31/
Gen 31:53/ Heb 6:13
Taking of oaths forbidden Matt 5:34
47. Marriage approved
Gen 2:18/ Gen 1:28/ Matt 19:5/
Heb 13:4
Marriage disapproved
1 Cor 7:1/ 1 Cor 7:7,8 48. Freedom of divorce permitted
Deut 24:1/ Deut 21:10,11,14
Divorce restricted
Matt 5:32
49. Adultery forbidden
Ex 20:14/ Heb 13:4 Adultery allowed
Num 31:18/ Hos 1:2; 2:1-3
50. Marriage or cohabitation with a
sister denounced
Deut 27:22/ Lev 20:17
Abraham married his sister and God blessed the union
Gen 20:11,12/ Gen 17:16
51. A man may marry his brother's
widow
Deut 25:5
A man may not marry his brother's widow
Lev 20:21
52. Hatred to kindred enjoined
Luke 14:26
Hatred to kindred condemned
Eph 6:2/ Eph 5:25,29 53. Intoxicating beverages
recommended
Prov 31:6,7/ 1 Tim 5:23/ Ps
104:15
Intoxicating beverages
discountenanced Prov 20:1/ Prov 23:31,32
54. It is our duty to obey our rulers,
who are God's ministers
and punish evil doers only
Rom 13:1-3,6
It is not our duty to obey rulers, who sometimes punish the
good and receive unto
themselves damnation therefor
Ex 1:17,20/ Dan 3:16,18/ Dan
6:9,7,10/ Acts 4:26,27/
Mark 12:38,39,40/ Luke 23:11,24,33,35
55. Women's rights denied
Gen 3:16/ 1 Tim 2:12/ 1 Cor
14:34/ 1 Pet 3:6
Women's rights affirmed
Judg 4:4,14,15/ Judg 5:7/ Acts 2:18/ Acts 21:9
56. Obedience to masters enjoined
Col 3:22,23/ 1 Pet 2:18
Obedience due to God only
Matt 4:10/ 1 Cor 7:23/ Matt 23:10
57. There is an unpardonable sin Mark 3:29
There is not unpardonable sin
Acts 13:39 Historical Facts 58. Man was created after the other
animals
Gen 1:25,26,27
Man was created before the other
animals
Gen 2:18,19 59. Seed time and harvest were
never to cease
Gen 8:22
Seed time and harvest did cease
for seven years
Gen 41:54,56/ Gen 45:6 60. God hardened Pharaoh's heart
Ex 4:21/ Ed 9:12
Pharaoh hardened his own heart
Ex 8:15
61. All the cattle and horses in Egypt
died Ex 9:3,6/ 14:9
All the horses of Egypt did not die
Ex 14:9
62. Moses feared Pharaoh
Ex 2:14,15,23; 4:19
Moses did not fear Pharaoh Heb 11:27
63. There died of the plague
twenty-four thousand
Num 25:9
There died of the plague but
twenty-three thousand 1 Cor 10:8
64. John the Baptist was Elias
Matt 11:14
John the Baptist was not Elias
John 1:21
65. The father of Joseph, Mary's husband was Jacob
Matt 1:16
The father of Mary's husband was
Heli
Luke 3:23
66. The father of Salah was Arphaxad
Gen 11:12
The father of Salah was Cainan
Luke 3:35,36
67. There were fourteen
generations from Abraham to David Matt 1:17
There were but thirteen
generations from Abraham to David
Matt 1:2-6
68. There were fourteen
generations from the Babylonian captivity
to Christ.
Matt 1:17
There were but thirteen
generations from the Babylonian
captivity to Christ Matt 1:12-16
69. The infant Christ was taken into
Egypt
Matt 2:14,15,19,21,23
The infant Christ was not taken
into Egypt Luke 2:22, 39
70. Christ was tempted in the
wilderness
Mark 1:12,13
Christ was not tempted in the
wilderness John 2:1,2
71. Christ preached his first sermon
on the mount
Matt 5:1,2
Christ preached his first sermon
on the plain Luke 6:17,20
72. John was in prison when Jesus
went into Galilee
Mark 1:14
John was not in prison when
Jesus went into Galilee John 1:43/ John 3:22-24
73. Christ's disciples were
commanded to go forth with a staff
and sandals
Mark 6:8,9
Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with neither
staffs nor sandals.
Matt 10:9,10
74. A woman of Canaan besought
Jesus
Matt 15:22 It was a Greek woman who
besought Him
Mark 7:26
75. Two blind men besought Jesus
Matt 20:30
Only one blind man besought Him Luke 18:35,38
76. Christ was crucified at the third
hour
Mark 15:25
Christ was not crucified until the
sixth hour John 19:14,15
77. The two thieves reviled Christ.
Matt 27:44/ Mark 15:32
Only one of the thieves reviled
Christ
Luke 23:39,40 78. Satan entered into Judas while
at supper
John 13:27
Satan entered into him before the
supper
Luke 22:3,4,7 79. Judas committed suicide by
hanging
Matt 27:5
Judas did not hang himself, but
died another way
Acts 1:18 80. The potter's field was purchased
by Judas
Acts 1:18
The potter's field was purchased
by the Chief Priests
Matt 27:6,7 81. There was but one woman who
came to the sepulchre
John 20:1
There were two women who
came to the sepulchre
Matt 28:1 82. There were three women who
came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:1
There were more than three
women who came to the sepulchre
Luke 24:10 83. It was at sunrise when they
came to the sepulchre
Mark 16:2
It was some time before sunrise
when they came.
John 20:1 84. There were two angels seen by
the women at the sepulchre, and
they were standing up.
Luke 24:4
There was but one angel seen,
and he was sitting down. Matt 28:2,5
85. There were two angels seen
within the sepulchre.
John 20:11,12
There was but one angel seen
within the sepulchre Mark 16:5
86. Christ was to be three days and
three nights in the grave
Matt 12:40
Christ was but two days and two
nights in the grave Mark 15:25,42,44,45,46; 16:9>
87. Holy ghost bestowed at
pentecost
Acts 1:8,5
Holy ghost bestowed before
pentecost John 20:22
88. The disciples were commanded
immediately after the
resurrection to go into Galilee
Matt 28:10
The disciples were commanded immediately after the
resurrection to go tarry at
Jerusalem
Luke 24:49
89. Jesus first appeared to the
eleven disciples in a room at Jerusalem
Luke 24:33,36,37/ John 20:19
Jesus first appeared to the eleven
on a mountain in Galilee
Matt 28:16,17
90. Christ ascended from Mount Olivet
Acts 1:9,12
Christ ascended from Bethany
Luke 24:50,51
91. Paul's attendants heard the
miraculous voice, and stood speechless
Acts 9:7
Paul's attendants heard not the
voice and were prostrate
Acts 26:14
92. Abraham departed to go into Canaan
Gen 12:5
Abraham went not knowing
where
Heb 11:8
93. Abraham had two sons Gal 4:22
Abraham had but one son
Heb 11:17
94. Keturah was Abraham's wife
Gen 25:1
Keturah was Abraham's concubine
1 Chron 1:32
95. Abraham begat a son when he
was a hundred years old, by the
interposition of Providence
Gen 21:2/ Rom 4:19/ Heb 11:12 Abraham begat six children more
after he was a hundred years
old without any interposition of
providence
Gen 25:1,2
grin

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by saint047(m): 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
If you are not alin with the scripture you will be malin by the devil. Op it simply shows how ignoramus you are. Only those who are in the spirit can understand spiritual things. ..... You are a canal man op....... period

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Is Jesus God? / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue / Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.