Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (78812 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by eliwa47(m): 4:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
vapid:
That's really something
yea, that's really an issue!
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by tsdarkside(m): 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
Spy360:

I thought you claim to be a nihilist? How come you can determine what is good from what is evil?

Hmm! People believe what they don't know.

Well neither black nor white is evil, they are just colours.

pahhh....white-people are evil....stvpid messed-up asssholes,that can not tell the difference between their faces and their asssholes........
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Obadiah77(m): 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
tosinbabe:

Bros u dey vex?
I love you i can die for you kiss
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
SuperSuave:
This is not the first time I noticed some bible verses are actually saying the opposite of another. Isn't the gospel supposed to be preached in one accord? I first noticed that Jesus Christ actually turned water into wine(alcoholic wine not fruit wine cos my Yoruba bible says "oti wine"wink which means Jesus somehow endorses wine. In the same Bible again I saw in Galatians(can't remember the chapter and verse), where the fruits of the flesh were listed, drunkenness was listed also. undecided

Another thing that ultimately made no sense was the whole Old Testament/New Testament conundrum. God actually changes his mind? In Leviticus, God lays down a bunch of laws and calls them “everlasting.” Then in the New Testament, we suddenly hear this:

For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a second. —Hebrews 8:7

Another one was when God brought a sheet unto Peter which contained various four-legged and two-legged animals and beasts of different kind, then God told Peter to arise, kill and eat. Peter refused saying he cannot eat unclean things, God rebuked him by saying how can he(Peter) call the things He(God) created unclean?

And later I read another verse where God outlined the forbidden animals, birds and beasts we should not eat. undecided

I was confused, so I went online to checkout if there are more Bible verses that contradicts one another, the ones I found are listed below[/font][/size][/b][/color]

Atheists should keep off this thread pls
2 Samuel 6:23 — "Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death."
2 Samuel 21:8 — "But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite:"
This contradiction between the references in 2 Samuel is caused by a textual problem. Since the understanding of both passages is clear and possible without problems, the difficulty must have to do in some way with the text itself and how it has been passed on, or else there must be a problem in translation.
Some modern Bibles actually have already corrected this problem, and they do not have the word "Michal" in the verse in 2 Samuel 21:8, but rather the word "Merab". Some codices which are also mentioned in the Massorah, as well as the Septuagint and the Aramaic texts do have the word "Merab" for "Michal" in this passage.
That "Merab" is the correct word becomes clear from another passage in 1 Samuel 18:19, where Adriel and his wife are also mentioned. There it says, "But it came to pass at the time when Merab Saul's daughter should have been given to David, that she was given unto Adriel the Meholathite to wife."
The context and the observation of the other verses where the same persons are mentioned helps clarify this apparent contradiction which is seen in some translations. Michal, the daughter of Saul, had no children; Merab, another daughter of Saul, had at least five sons which are mentioned in the Scriptures.

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by muahmed(m): 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
MNDY:

. . .for your Islamic mind now, you don see wetin to hold on to against these Christians, abi?
I guess ur brain is so shallow 2 think properly

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Is Jesus God? / Pastor T. B. Joshua: The Man in the Synagogue / Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.