Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (79016 Views)

Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push / Answers To Supersuave's 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nihilist: 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
tsdarkside:

atheist is someone,that dont believe in rubbish.........if the truth pass him or her way,they accept it,and adjust....

their is going to be a strange war between religous-people and atheists in the future.....

i am more a nihilist....

I think I am more a nihilist.

Look...it's my user id
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by wendixx(f): 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
I'm interested too, if you don't mind.

Thanks.

softwhispers:
THANKS A LOT SUPERSUAVE FOR EXPOSING THESE VERSES TO PUBLIC SCRUTINY. AND U TOO, MACTONI91!
U HAV FURNISHED ME WITH AMPLE MATERIAL FOR MORE INTENSIVE STUDY OF THE SCRIPTURES.
IT APPEARS TO ME SUPERSUAVE, THAT U ARE AN HONEST PERSON WHO RESPECTS THE BIBLE AND DESIRES SOMEONE TO CLEAR UP THESE SEEMING CONTRADICTIONS. AT LEAST, THAT IS HOW I INTERPRET UR CAVEAT TO ATHEISTS. IF SO, REST ASSURED THAT URE ALREADY ON THE RIGHT PATH. THE FOUNDER OF CHRISTIANITY GENEROUSLY PRAISED HIS HUMBLE FOLLOWERS FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT THINGS THEY FOUND DIFFICULT TO GRASP AND ENCOURAGED SAME. (MATT 7:7)
I WAS QUICKLY IRRITATED BY THOSE SELF RIGHTEOUS COMMENTERS WHOM WHEREAS THEY WERE AS CONFOUNDED AS U ARE, QUICKLY DISMISSED U AS LACKING 'THE SPIRIT' AND REBUKED U FOR SEEKING ENLIGHTENMENT. ONE EVEN ACCUSED U OF BLASPHEMY. THESE ARE THE GULLIBLE FANATICS PARADING IGNORANCE AND MAKING CHRISTIANITY UNATTRACTIVE TO ENLIGHTENED INDIVIDUALS. U ARE FAR WISER THAN THEY WILL EVER BE! WHAT U ARE DOING IS SEEKING FOUNDATION FOR UR FAITH. FOR IF THE BIBLE IS FULL OF INCONSISTENCIES, THEN IT BELIES ITS CLAIM TO DIVINE AUTHORSHIP. BLIND, BASELESS BELIEF IS CREDULITY, NOT FAITH. THE BIBLE IS FREE OF CONTRADICTIONS. OF THAT, I'M CONVINCED. AND I'M EAGER TO PROVE THAT TO U!
SUBSEQUENTLY, I SHALL ADDRESS EACH OF THE 30 'CONTRADICTIONS' WITH A VIEW TO RESOLVING THEM. AT A GLANCE, I CAN EASILY RECONCILE MAJORITY OF THE 'CONTRADICTIONS'. THOUGH, IM SEEING SOME FOR THE FIRST TIME.
IF U COULD PROVIDE ME UR EMAIL ADD, I COULD FORWARD THE CLARIFICATIONS TO U AS A WORD OR PDF ATTACHMENT, ONCE IM DONE.
KINDEST REGARDS.

SOFTWHISPERS
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by omnikether: 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
The Proverbs 26:4 and 5 really got me laughing...
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Funpeter: 3:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
architez:

How much?
his a scam dont fall for him
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by eliwa47(m): 5:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
vapid:
the veil of the internet makes Bold the cowards of the world.
Have been on net ever before u came to existence foool, am not surprise cos u are brainless n lack courtesy even to your parents.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Ericsdm55(m): 6:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
Weah96:

Why did you continue to type after saying this? Someone is using common sense to show you contradictions in language, while you are settled on using insanity to make your point.
Na u get ur mouth so if talk anything u want. Na u get sense called sanity. Continue to attack God's word. Let him that is filthy continue in that direction and he that is just continue too.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Ericsdm55(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
Weah96:

Why did you continue to type after saying this? Someone is using common sense to show you contradictions in language, while you are settled on using insanity to make your point.
Na u get ur mouth so u fit talk anything u want. Na u get sense called sanity. Continue to attack God's word. Let him that is filthy continue in that direction and he that is just continue too.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Ericsdm55(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
Weah96:

Mr known common sense called sanity.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by tsdarkside(m): 11:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nihilist:

I think I am more a nihilist.

Look...it's my user id

hahahaha....you funny..we nihilist undersand,that the world did not create it self....but...we dont believe in fantasies!!!..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Zakamori: 12:09am On Jul 15, 2015
hamzeiy:

oooh...i taught the writers were guided by the holy spirit...now i know better...the spirit inspired them with the words of god and left them to write otherwise......and for God sake i wouldnt compare the bible with historical books....if it is really inspired to men by god as you claimed...it should be preserved by god from such errors...
#atleast we have a common point of agreement...we both agreed it was written by men not by jesus himself nor was it written in his presence... and that like every book of history there are bound to be errors.....
FYI....THE QURAN IS NOT A BOOK OF HISTORY AND THERE ARE NO ERRORS IN IT...IT HAS PASSED SEVERAL GENERATIONS FROM ONE HAND TO ANOTHER, ONE SLAVE TO ANOTHER ,ONE MASTER TO ANOTHER ..ONE NATION TO ANOTHER FOR MORE THAN 1400 YEARS AND NOT A SINGLE ERROR OR MISTAKE IS FOUND SO THE BIBLE THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE 2000 YEARS OLD SHOULD BE THESAME IF IT HAS NOT BEEN CORRUPTED.
THE QURAN....HMMM ....WORDS OF GOD WELL PRESERVED...I ADVISE YOU TO TAKE A GLANCE ON IT ENGLISH TRANSLATN WITH A FREE MIND...KNOW ISLAM B4 YOU JUDGE IT

lol. funny.
words of Allah and words of God are different bro. Allah might have written the quran with his own handwriting; that's great. the word of God is the inspiration that God passes to us through the bible and sometimes through ministrations by the spirit.
I do have an english quran bro
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Zakamori: 12:15am On Jul 15, 2015
omnikether:
The Proverbs 26:4 and 5 really got me laughing...

different scenarios require different responses bro

there are times a fool must be answered so he can clearly see that he is a fool.

there are times a fool is best ignored so you don't appear to be one yourself.

these is wisdom nah. its clear.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Spy360(m): 6:58am On Jul 15, 2015
Zakamori:

lol. funny.
words of Allah and words of God are different bro. Allah might have written the quran with his own handwriting; that's great. the word of God is the inspiration that God passes to us through the bible and sometimes through ministrations by the spirit.
the quran is a funny book to read. I really enjoyed it during my quest for God. It really got me laughing. cheesy
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Spy360(m): 7:17am On Jul 15, 2015
tsdarkside:

hahahaha....you funny..we nihilist undersand,that the world did not create it self....but...we dont believe in fantasies!!!..
Ok now I understand why you two sound so delusional.

I doubt your nihilistic claims. 'Real' nihilist shouldn't speak or do anything because they know it counts for nothing. They shouldn't even say they are nihilist since they aren't real.

Even your nihilistic view is fantasy.

I wonder how some people could be so daft. ' a fool says in his heart, there is no God'.- Bible.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 8:47am On Jul 15, 2015
And how did you come by that information?
eliwa47:

Have been on net ever before u came to existence foool, am not surprise cos u are brainless n lack courtesy even to your parents.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by hamzeiy: 11:28am On Jul 15, 2015
Zakamori:

lol. funny.

even a northern chtistain or christains in the arab world or any one that understands the arabic language will see your stupidity......Allah is not God...Imagine ..in this era of information...
#you have a copy of english quran.....Really.....what i have come to know about christains xpecially during my service years is the fact that you lie alot..serously..even your so called MOG..go just sit down they blow lie on events....though that is understandable because the father of modern christanity AKA PAUL THE IMPOSTOR encouraged you to lie for the sake of the gospel or god....(read your bible well for more info on that)....
in islam you dont need to lie to propagate the truth....

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by eliwa47(m): 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
vapid:
And how did you come by that information?
By your utterances of course, i know people like you.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Spy360(m): 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2015
hamzeiy:

even a northern chtistain or christains in the arab world or any one that understands the arabic language will see your stupidity......Allah is not God...Imagine ..in this era of information...
#you have a copy of english quran.....Really.....what i have come to know about christains xpecially during my service years is the fact that you lie alot..serously..even your so called MOG..go just sit down they blow lie on events....though that is understandable because the father of modern christanity AKA PAUL THE IMPOSTOR encouraged you to lie for the sake of the gospel or god....(read your bible well for more info on that)....
Mohammed got his inspiration after he had encountered Syrian christians. So he gave the quran based on what he got from the bible. The problem is that his understanding was flawed, so he misconstrued most of the information he received. For example, taking the Holy Spirit to be angel Gabriel, he taught that the angel impregnated Mary to have Jesus. So that while accepting great personality of Christ as the righteous one he fails to accept his divinity.

Again he mistook Sarah's son Isaac for that of the slave girl's Ismael as the promised child.
So much and more are the attempts of the quran to look like the bible.

But unknown to muslims, the Word of God is beyond letters and books. The word by which all things are created and which sustains all existence is power, life and spirit. The Word of God is God himself.

'the letter kills but the spirit gives life. My word is a life giving spirit.' John 6:63.

'the Word of God is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God.' I Corin 1:18

'In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.' John 1:1

'for the Word of God is alive and active' Hebrews 4:12
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by hamzeiy: 4:57pm On Jul 15, 2015
Spy360:

Mohammed got his inspiration after he had encountered Syrian christians. So he gave the quran based on what he got from the bible. The problem is that his understanding was flawed, so he misconstrued most of the information he received. For example, taking the Holy Spirit to be angel Gabriel, he taught that the angel impregnated Mary to have Jesus. So that while accepting great personality of Christ as the righteous one he fails to accept his divinity.

Again he mistook Sarah's son Isaac for that of the slave girl's Ismael as the promised child.

But unknown to muslims, the Word of God is beyond letters and books. The word by which all things are created and which sustains all existence is power, life and spirit. The Word of God is God himself.

'the letter kills but the spirit gives life. My word is a life giving spirit.' John 6:63.

'the Word of God is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God.' I Corin 1:18

'In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.' John 1:1

........we shall come to see who is right from who is wrong
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Zakamori: 7:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
hamzeiy:

It should be clear to everyone now that there are times one should not answer a fool according to his folly, it would only seem like we are one and the same.

I doubt if you know as much of islam as I know sef: no make me open book for you o.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Zakamori: 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
Spy360:

sir, the devil has only one problem with christianity: that we have the revelation of the divinity of Jesus Christ. That is one thing he has consistently battled against: it was too big for his ignorant mind (if thou art the son of God didn't end during his fastings, the devil asked again on the cross). Jesus wasn't going to prove any point except the 'sign' of prophet Jonas - he'll go to hell and have victory over the devil, his host of hell, and death.

The devil still tries today to keep men in darkness as regards the divinity of Christ through various religions (even many so called Christians lack the knowledge of the power of that revelation - they were simply told, or they read it in a certain book). if the devil keeps men away from the knowledge of the son, then no matter what religion they claim, they cannot be free indeed(only the son can make men free)

*you are spot on on the Mohammed part* I just don't like to argue with these guys; they are ignorant and do not listen. soon they start cursing and threatening.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
You do?
eliwa47:

By your utterances of course, i know people like you.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by tsdarkside(m): 12:19am On Jul 16, 2015
Spy360:

Ok now I understand why you two sound so delusional.

I doubt your nihilistic claims. 'Real' nihilist shouldn't speak or do anything because they know it counts for nothing. They shouldn't even say they are nihilist since they aren't real.

Even your nihilistic view is fantasy.

I wonder how some people could be so daft. ' a fool says in his heart, there is no God'.- Bible.

ahhh...i dont even know what nihilist realy means.....this words are from this world,that is going down anyways....who cares..... grin grin grin grin
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Spy360(m): 6:38am On Jul 16, 2015
tsdarkside:

ahhh...i dont even know what nihilist realy means.....this words are from this world,that is going down anyways....who cares..... grin grin grin grin
Oh! Apologies.

But how can you claim what is nothing or what you don't know? You cannot believe in a vacuum, nothing exists in a vacuum.

You can find meaning in Jesus. Life becomes meaningful and purposeful when you have Jesus living in you.

Yes it sounds strange. Even I can't explain how it happens. But it is real, I am experiencing it, and anyone with that experience will tell you it is real. It comes like joy, satisfaction, peace of mind, a sense assurance, hope, comfort- it's so massive I tell you.

I urge you to have this same experience with me.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Spy360(m): 7:11am On Jul 16, 2015
Zakamori:

sir, the devil has only one problem with christianity: that we have the revelation of the divinity of Jesus Christ. That is one thing he has consistently battled against: it was too big for his ignorant mind (if thou art the son of God didn't end during his fastings, the devil asked again on the cross). Jesus wasn't going to prove any point except the 'sign' of prophet Jonas - he'll go to hell and have victory over the devil, his host of hell, and death.

The devil still tries today to keep men in darkness as regards the divinity of Christ through various religions (even many so called Christians lack the knowledge of the power of that revelation - they were simply told, or they read it in a certain book). if the devil keeps men away from the knowledge of the son, then no matter what religion they claim, they cannot be free indeed(only the son can make men free)

*you are spot on on the Mohammed part* I just don't like to argue with these guys; they are ignorant and do not listen. soon they start cursing and threatening.
Sir, you are right. The devil's trick is to allow people accept Jesus as a 'prophet', or a good man, or a great man, or a powerful man. But he blinds them to His divinity because that is the key.

For by accepting his divinity they believe and accept His work of salvation. Yes SALVATION, that's what devil keeps away from them.

No other religion talks about salvation. They talk about God and prophets and monks, they talk about morality and love. but not salvation. Because the devil knows that it is what sets them free.

They end up wishing for heaven and craving for 70 virgins or are there 72 studs?

When Mohammed was dying, his daughter asked him where he would be going when he dies and he said he does not know only Allah does. If a man does not know the way how come people are following? unless they are blind. If Mohammed is not even sure of making heaven, how sure can his followers be? Pathetic.

But Jesus says ''Do not let your heart be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it where not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back, and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.'' John 14:1-3.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by eliwa47(m): 9:48am On Jul 16, 2015
vapid:
You do?
sure.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by tsdarkside(m): 10:47am On Jul 16, 2015
Spy360:

Oh! Apologies.

But how can you claim what is nothing or what you don't know? You cannot believe in a vacuum, nothing exists in a vacuum.

You can find meaning in Jesus. Life becomes meaningful and purposeful when you have Jesus living in you.

Yes it sounds strange. Even I can't explain how it happens. But it is real, I am experiencing it, and anyone with that experience will tell you it is real. It comes like joy, satisfaction, peace of mind, a sense assurance, hope, comfort- it's so massive I tell you.

please,dont come with jesus-christ to me,even white for that matter......everything white is evil!!!....
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by parisbookaddict(f): 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
efilefun:
SO those animals killing around kills only christians right shows how deluded you are... was a mosque not blown recently even the Emir Lamido's mosque was attacked last year so stop reasoning like a lipsrsealed

Muslim have been killing each other since the death of the warlock paedophile prophet of Islam who recited the unholy quran.

Sunnis, shia, alwaites, alevis, ahmediyyas, Kurdish Muslims etc keep murdering each other when they aren't murdering Christians or Jews or extorting jizyah tax... That a mosque was bombed by Muslims means nothing. Even the kabba and black stone u Muslims adore have both been defaced by Muslims in the past.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by vapid: 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
That's really something
eliwa47:

sure.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Weah96: 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Spy360:

It is imaginary. Real Muslims feel the same joy after reading Mohammed. If you had to guess, how many true followers of Christ would you say are in Nigeria at this moment? Ignore the ones you consider fake to you.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by hamzeiy: 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
Zakamori:

It should be clear to everyone now that there are times one should not answer a fool according to his folly, it would only seem like we are one and the same.

I doubt if you know as much of islam as I know sef: no make me open book for you o.
.pls open book...i challenge you to open the books...am on my knees...Get those facts u think you have against quran and bring them on..i will love you for it...
#But as i said earlier...you guys are born liers..so keep lying to your self untill the inevitable reality comes to you...This would be my last conversatn with you offcourse unless you open the books of islam in that case, i would be willing to engage on a reasonable discussion with you..otherwise i have better things to be doing with my time .. ...no time for liers and pple tha dont know the foudatn of their faith..

1 Like

Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Spy360(m): 4:14pm On Jul 16, 2015
tsdarkside:

please,dont come with jesus-christ to me,even white for that matter......everything white is evil!!!....
I thought you claim to be a nihilist? How come you can determine what is good from what is evil?

Hmm! People believe what they don't know.

Well neither black nor white is evil, they are just colours.
Re: List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Spy360(m): 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
Weah96:

It is imaginary. Real Muslims feel the same joy after reading Mohammed. If you had to guess, how many true followers of Christ would you say are in Nigeria at this moment? Ignore the ones you consider fake to you.

Islam was developed on the concept of christianity. But you see that's where the error lies. Christianity is more than a religion, it is the gift of an eternal adundant life.

'For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus our Lord', Romans 6:23.

'... I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly'. John 10:10b

Whoever claims to be a child of God but does not have this life is only fooling himself.
Yes there are nominal christians or church goers but...

'Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his. And, let every one that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.' 2Timothy 2:19.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) / Pastor Obafemi Banigbe Resigns As A COZA Board Of Trustees Member / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.