Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,703 members, 7,851,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:26 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom - Education (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom (151262 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition: The Waiting Is Over / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:49am On Mar 30, 2016
Catalyst4real:
How can a judge not even be available during a debate? Is that even allowed?
They only followed it after it was over

I sincerely don't wanna drag this issue

This is a typical example of Argumentun ad Ignoratium.

From where did you draw your conclusion?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:

I am not trying to shift not blame on anyone, I am only trying to explain to you that the score sheet couldn't have been coloured with biase as you claimed, due to the method we the coordinator adopted, and to your question of who are the judges, blah blah blah, have you forgotten you claimed to have been following since day one of this debate from first edition, by now you should know that...

Thanks...
oh please, that's a cowardly act, running away, the fact that I asked you something doesn't mean I don't know, I might know little and would want to know more, I want you to spell out the answers the same way I spelt out the questions to you. People are watching and many of them don't know the answers to the questions I asked and they would want to know. As a coordinator, moderator or whatever you want to call yourself, it wouldn't be out of place to give answers to those questions.

1) Who are the judges ?
2) What are the criteria for choosing judges or what was used to select them ?
3) What are their qualifications( educational background too will do) ?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 11:55am On Mar 30, 2016
Catalyst4real:
How can a judge not even be available during a debate? Is that even allowed?
They only followed it after it was over

I sincerely don't wanna drag this issue
You need to search your conscience.
You are making allegations that cannot be substantiated. UNILORIN were the one you should even praising.
You and your colleague from ABU delayed your debate for good 5 hours. You were supposed to start by 12pm but the delay was from your end and yet you want the judges to stay online because of you?
Same judges that took their time to come back you are castigating.
Haa. What a shame
I don't think you have conscience.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 11:56am On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:

This is a typical example of Argumentun ad Ignoratium.

From where did you draw your conclusion?
I can bet one of my kidneys they weren't around.

The judges you listed were different from the ones that were initially assigned for the debate

And they were not visible among those viewing the debate before it got to front page; I kept Checking

Only HerexG was present
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
You need to search your conscience.
You are making allegations that cannot be substantiated. UNILORIN were the one you should even praising.
You and your colleague from ABU delayed your debate for good 5 hours. You were supposed to start by 12pm but the delay was from your end and yet you want the judges to stay online because of you?
Same judges that took their time to come back you are castigating.
Haa. What a shame
I don't think you have conscience.
couldn't they have been recalled prior to the kick off?
Or the debate postponed because of their absence ?

How come Luxanne was present then?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi this is what I was talking about that day that you shouldn't be bending the rules to suit some people.
People who shouldn't have been allowed to participate in the debate for non-availability are now making ridiculous accusations.
People who delayed the debate.
People who Neyor had to made concessions for before they were allowed to participate with a single debater.
What nonsense
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:
oh please, that's a cowardly act, running away, the fact that I asked you something doesn't mean I don't know, I might know little and would want to know more, I want you to spell out the answers the same way I spelt out the questions to you. People are watching and many of them don't know the answers to the questions I asked and they would want to know. As a coordinator, moderator or whatever you want to call yourself, it wouldn't be out of place to give answers to those questions.

1) Who are the judges ?

Who is running away? Lol... At least someone who claimed to be a keen follower of the debate will know all that. Notwithstanding let me give you your answer..

Who are the judges? Are you saying who are the judges that judged the debate match you are not pleased with or all Judges?

Criteria: Firstly through nomination based on their level of criticality, logical, and analyticity in replying to political discuss, educational etc on Nairaland. After that a private interview to know their education background which is pegged at Minimum of BSC/HND and Maximum of PHD.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
Catalyst4real:

couldn't they have been recalled prior to the kick off?
Or the debate postponed because of their absence ?

How come Luxanne was present then?
Postponed because one of you was not available as at when due?
Are you people that important?
Mtchew
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:

Who is running away? Lol... At least someone who claimed to be a keen follower of the debate will know all that. Notwithstanding let me give you your answer..

Who are the judges? Are you saying who are the judges that judged the debate match you are not pleased with or all Judges?

Criteria: Firstly through nomination based on their level of criticality, logical, and analyticity in replying to political discuss, educational etc on Nairaland. After that a private interview to know their education background which is pegged at Minimum of BSC/HND and Maximum of PHD.

bro how do you pass exams, simple questions, give me answers instead of dancing round the bush. That's one evidence of how porous how educational system is producing people that can't give a direct answer to questions. What a pity
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
Catalyst4real:

I can bet one of my kidneys they weren't around.

The judges you listed were different from the ones that were initially assigned for the debate

And they were not visible among those viewing the debate before it got to front page; I kept Checking

Only HerexG was present

Now here is where the Argumentun ad Ignoratium set in that the judges name was not showing at the time of debate presupposes they were not online? The time we gave the judges was 12pm, and the two that was not available told us before hand that they will be available from the 12-4 which we agreed, and going by what happened it was only HerexG that was available at the time the debate kicked start I had to message and call the two other judges that accepted to judge on the condition that they will not actively participate but they will follow up, now tell me not seeing them online presupposes they didn't followed up? Even HerexG that was present from 12 till 9pm is bias as well? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:
bro how do you pass exams, simple questions, give me answers instead of dancing round the bush. That's one evidence of how porous how educational system is producing people that can't give a direct answer to questions. What a pity

undecided undecided undecided
Argumentun ad Hominem bro...

If the answer I gave you is not the answer you seek, I will suggest you seek for your answer else where.. Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
imagine, they closed my thread. The powers that be, this is [size=19pt]INJUSTICE[/size]
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 12:13pm On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:
Smh
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:
imagine, they closed my thread. The powers that be, this is [size=19pt]INJUSTICE[/size]

Your thread is an extension of this thread hence the closure, you can post all your allegation here, as your thread will remain dormant and will not be attended to. #Fact#
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:

undecided undecided undecided
Argumentun ad Hominem bro...

If the answer I gave you is not the answer you seek, I will suggest you seek for your answer else where.. Thanks.
bro all this your philosophy, logic 101 terms won't help you, even my younger ones knows them.
You haven't produced any answers, a reasonable man will know that for sure, I asked questions expressly spelt out, give me your answers too.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Catalyst4real: 12:16pm On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:

Now here is where the Argumentun ad Ignoratium set in that the judges name was not showing at the time of debate presupposes they were not online? The time we gave the judges was 12pm, and the two that was not available told us before hand that they will be available from the 12-4 which we agreed, and going by what happened it was only HerexG that was available at the time the debate kicked start I had to message and call the two other judges that accepted to judge on the condition that they will not actively participate but they will follow up, now tell me not seeing them online presupposes they didn't followed up? Even HerexG that was present from 12 till 9pm is bias as well? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Did I for once speak about any of the judges being biased?

The logic in my proposal is, For proper judgement they should have been around, and since you knew they wouldn't be around, why didn't you postpone it?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:
bro all this your philosophy, logic 101 terms won't help you, even my younger ones knows them.
You haven't produced any answers, a reasonable man will know that for sure, I asked questions expressly spelt out, give me your answers too.

LOL... This is what happens when you keep much attention to what is not the case...

Well my brother... The questions you asked have been properly responded to, and I repeat if my answer seems to you as not the answer you seek, you can seek your answer else where.

Wait... Or maybe you are finding it hard to relate both coz I didnt answer your questions one after the other with you question stated before the answer.

Here is it
1) Who are the judges ?

Who are the judges? Are you saying who are the judges that judged the debate match you are not pleased with or all Judges? If it is the former check the first link below and the later check the first page of this thread. .

https://www.nairaland.com/3001103/nairaland-interschool-debate-semi-finals

Criteria: Firstly through nomination based on their level of criticality, logical, and analyticity in replying to political discuss, educational etc on Nairaland. After that a private interview to know their education background which is pegged at Minimum of BSC/HND and Maximum of PhD
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
Catalyst4real:

Did I for once speak about any of the judges being biased?

The logic in my proposal is, For proper judgement they should have been around, and since you knew they wouldn't be around, why didn't you postpone it?

Your argument since you started to comment had been on UNILORIN winning is not fare enough, and if that's the case, who are the decider of such debate if not the judges?

Postpone? Lol..

Well, I will implore you to let move on, and forget about this... Third place details will be out soon.. Wish you all the best In your examinations.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
Jeez, I think I need to spoon feed you, OK,
1) write the monikers of all the nairaland debate judges,

2) I'm satisfied with your answer.

3) now for those judges you will be listing out in no.1 write their qualification.

I hope you understand now.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:
Jeez, I think I need to spoon feed you, OK,
1) write the monikers of all the nairaland debate judges,

2) I'm satisfied with your answer.

3) now for those judges you will be listing out in no.1 write their qualification.

I hope you understand now.

Are you seriously for real? undecided undecided undecided undecidedLWKMD.... I think it is high time I stop replying to your comment. Do I look like a jobless or not to do person that will start listing Out each judges and their qualifications? You must be a joke well let me provide links to all the debates go through all and write out their names on a sheet of paper yourself and one after the other send them PM requesting for their Qualification. #yeyeman#

You will find the link to all debate here check out their names and send them PM.

https://www.nairaland.com/2811855/nairaland-interschool-debate-third-edition
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:

Are you seriously for real? undecided undecided undecided undecidedLWKMD.... I think it is high time I stop replying to your comment. Do I look like a jobless or not to do person that will start listing Out each judges and their qualifications? You must be a joke well let me provide links to all the debates go through all and write out their names on a sheet of paper yourself and one after the other send them PM requesting for their Qualification. #yeyeman#

You find the link to all debate here check out their names and send them PM.

https://www.nairaland.com/2811855/nairaland-interschool-debate-third-edition
cowardly act again, after bragging about your QUALIFIED judges, provide information on them now you can't and you want to make us believe the whole system is not flawed.
Seun you need to see this.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:
cowardly act again, after bragging about your QUALIFIED judges, provide information on them now you can't and you want to make us believe the whole system is not flawed.

A reasonable human being will be able to infer the qualification of all the judges from the answer I gave you, In quote below, but you only choose to continually display your erroneous way of thinking...

After that a private interview to know their education background which is pegged at Minimum of BSC/HND and Maximum of PhD

Hence replying you any further will be make you feel your questions are coherent.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 1:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
(This will be the topic for the Final match between OAU (Support) and UNILORIN(Oppose) )

Should Federal Character Matter in public offices appointment?

However, in a bid to make this edition final different from the past the participants for OAU AND UNILORIN will be doing justice to two other topics before the deal day(which date is unknown yet).

To the two other topics, it will be a form of normal nairaland discussion, just the way the rebuttal stage is been done, the participant will be given short time to prepare on the topic, and date will be given the discussion/rebuttal will be on this thread with the judges around to further question each TEAM on their stance.
Hence the first topic you will be dealing with is

Should UTME be scrapped? OAU will be arguing against while Unilorin will be arguing for.

The date will be unveil soon, remember it is just to test the both TEAM, after the two rebuttal stage wit different topics, marks will be given to the best among the two TEAM...

Prepare a 500 worded essay on the topic, date of the discussion on the topic may be tommorow or Friday, just be ready. Thanks.

OAUTemitayo
Emaculate99
Neyoor
Graciousolo
Tourshaw

While( this will be the THIRD place topic Between Abu Zaria and LASU)

LASU supports while Abu Zaria Opposes.

Social Media: A tool for measuring effective leadership.

Catalyst4real
Abuklaw
Timidelaw
DEJMAN
Holarpelumi
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by luxanne(f): 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
@Catalyst4real,

Hello smiley

I have lot of things to say concerning your outburst but I'll rather not 'cuz if I do, it may aggravate the issue or perhaps cause some rivalry between you and your team mate and I wouldn't want that.

However, I need to reassure you that whoever judged your debate are judges who have been part of this exercise from day one, hence they can be called upon at any given time to stand in for the other just as you can get yourself a replacement when not available...there is absolutely nothing wrong in doing that.

Secondly, I know what I had to do to be present for that debate despite the initial time scheduled for kick off and I could have simply told Fynestboi off to go find a replacement given the timing he called me later on for the debate, but there I was through it all, same as HerexG, but that doesn't go to prove that, those who couldn't be present for the debate aren't serious minded individuals, c'mon, it will be unfair to come to such a conclusion given that the timing for that debate was altered and their previous engagements in other debates.

Thirdly, we aren't getting paid for this Catalyst4real, no not one of us, save for you debaters, that is, getting awarded at the end of this competition, with some of the judges sponsoring, but you will never see us complain cuz we enjoy being part of this team, voluntarily. So at this point I'll say it's really sad that you can call any of these judges biased, same judges who have been there from the essay submission stage till now and without a token? They need to be rather applauded if you ask me.

And finally, I know you are deeply upset about your school losing out from this competition but deep down within you, you know we did our best to make that debate as fair as possible, seeing that we had to break our procedures, and instead of having a 2 to one battle, we had to appeal to your opponent for a duo, haba Catalyst4real, we don't deserve this kind of outburst from you na, we don't.

However, I need you to let it go Catalyst4real, let it...

Hope to see you around for the third place match... smiley
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by luxanne(f): 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:

You need proof because you are Horlapelumi or Timidelaw or any of our debaters or what exactly?

I read from your post that you have been following the debate from her first edition, so tell me, why didn't you request for a rerun when LASU won the last edition?

Oh, I get... The judges weren't biased then.

Lool.

Smh?!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by luxanne(f): 3:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
danyel09:
I think it is high time the judging process for this debate be put under great consideration.what are the criteria for scoring, are they religiously followed ?who are the moderators, are they impartial ?It is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that this round results between LASU and OAU is anothercase of terrible, corrupt and questionable situations which we may soon start leaving or playing with if we don't start dealing with them now. We are not justcalled the future for nothing. One of our responsibilities is to rescue our educational system which is in a state of quagmire. I salute those that birthed this whole thing, bit we are already getting it wrong.The debate results are not fair, and they are not right.Many people here will agree with me that the LASU team pulled this off. People had started congratulating them even before the results were released, it showed how glaring it was that they are rightful winners. They pulled off an excellent argument, the rebutting may not be great as some of the questions may even be considered vague but that did not stop people from congratulating team LASU for a great job. Team LASU has been robbed inbroad daylight and we request that ;1)the debate process be reviewed by neutral people2) fynestboi should not moderate, we and almost everyone here has lost trust in him as it is glaring that he has a big interest and thereby breaches the general principle " Nemo judex in causa sua" 3) the round between team LASU and team OAU be reviewed and if deem fit, should be taken again4) the announced result on the debate round between team LASU and team OAU should be annulled. 5) Seun, Obinoscopy, lalasticlala this should be givenserious consideration.

The most hilarious of your outburst.

Well, I would have taken you seriously if you had said all debate from the first edition till date should be annulled but with the emboldened?

It's quite obvious what this outburst is about.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:
(This will be the topic for the Final match between OAU (Support) and UNILORIN(Oppose) )

Should Federal Character Matter in public offices appointment?

However, in a bid to make this edition final different from the past the participants for OAU AND UNILORIN will be doing justice to two other topics before the deal day(which date is unknown yet).

To the two other topics, it will be a form of normal nairaland discussion, just the way the rebuttal stage is been done, the participant will be given short time to prepare on the topic, and date will be given the discussion/rebuttal will be on this thread with the judges around to further question each TEAM on their stance.
Hence the first topic you will be dealing with is

Should UTME be scrapped? OAU will be arguing against while Unilorin will be arguing for.

The date will be unveil soon, remember it is just to test the both TEAM, after the two rebuttal stage wit different topics, marks will be given to the best among the two TEAM...

Prepare a 500 worded essay on the topic, date of the discussion on the topic may be tommorow or Friday, just be ready. Thanks.

OAUTemitayo
Emaculate99
Neyoor
Graciousolo
Tourshaw

Catalyst4real
Abuklaw
Timidelaw
DEJMAN
Holarpelumi
Three topics? Are we writing for PhD?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Three topics? Are we writing for PhD?

Misconception bro. You ain't writing on three topics, the only one you need serious research is the final proper, the first two are just normal nairaland discussion, in which you debaters will use you experience gotten from the debate so far to approach.... You won't need to put up any essay if possible just let have your view on the topic. Simple... I hope you get this? Just to keep this thread lively till the day of the final, we can as well remove the score part...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
Fynestboi:

Misconception bro. You ain't writing on three topics, the only one you need serious research is the final proper, the first two are just normal nairaland discussion, in which you debaters will use you experience gotten from the debate so far to approach.... You won't need to put up any essay if possible just let have your view on the topic. Simple... I hope you get this? Just to keep this thread lively till the day of the final, we can as well remove the score part...

Which one is the final topic and which two topics are for the discussions.

I can only see two topics here instead of three and please can you kindly fix the date and time now, so as to plan our availability.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
Neyoor:

Which one is the final topic and which two topics are for the discussions.

I can only see two topics here instead of three and please can you kindly fix the date and time now, so as to plan our availability.

The third one is coming...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 6:38pm On Mar 30, 2016
NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE THIRD EDITION FINALS.

OAU VS UNILORIN to discuss the topic.

Should UTME (Unified Tertiary matriculation Examination) Be scrapped or not?

Join us on Sunday as the two Schools will be doing justice to it..

Time: 6pm...

Judges.

Joseph1382
Kingtom
Freemanan
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 12:44am On Mar 31, 2016
Fynestboi:
NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE THIRD EDITION FINALS.

OAU VS UNILORIN to discuss the topic.

Should UTME (Unified Tertiary matriculation Examination) Be scrapped or not?

Join us on Sunday as the two Schools will be doing justice to it..

Time: 6pm...

Judges.

Joseph1382
Kingtom
Freemanan
Are we going to be Judged.
Thought you said it is just like the normal discussion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (65) (Reply)

Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread / 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. / ✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.