Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) (106356 Views)

Autopsy Of A Drug Mule: Stay Out Of Hard Drugs (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Glory Uzoh Shot By Robbers In Abuja (Viewers Discretion) / Names Of All Top Secret Cults In Nigeria And Initiation Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by sukkot: 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
Stolen:
Buhari is the worst coup plotter of them all.

IBB should have given him the same treatment.

The Zoo must fall.

buhari is not a coup plotter. he just happened to be the most senior officer in the army after the coup went down so they had no choice but to install him.

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Gentlesniper(m): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
Skoopy:
Whatever Is it we do in life, luck plays a key role. You may ask Buhari, IBB and late Abacha about it.
heard that a soothsayer once prophesied that Buhari, Ibb, and Abacha will rule this country successively, and sure they did, so I think destiny played a part too.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by anigold(m): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
johnpalmer774:

Mr Man please learn and know better before coming online to comment on what you don't know , Buhari was never a coup Plotter but a Beneficiary to coup Plotter ...Buhari was not among those who planned coup the leader of the coup died during the process ans that was how the rest unanimously decide to make Buhari the Head of State to buttress my fact Buhari was in jos during the coup but a jet was sent to go bring him when the rest of them agreed to make him the Head state.

bros i have lots of folks in the military u dont have to be in the venue of the coup to be a part of the process... Theres what is called logistics. Dont listen to what the paper reported...

You cant be the beneficiary of a coup without not being involve directly or indirectly... The coup is a planned event no be by chance everyone involve has a duty to play after the aftermath....

4 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by thaoriginator: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
Killer season. Kill a battybwoy!
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by anigold(m): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
sukkot:
buhari is not a coup plotter. he just happened to be the most senior officer in the army after the coup went down so they had no choice but to install him.

when murtala and co overthrew Gowon with the help of Gowon's brother inlaw. The highest ranking officer to take over was never murtala. They were officers higher in rank than murtala...
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Yujin(m): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
discusant:

Because they are not good at using extreme violence.
I don't extreme violence is the problem. The most bloody coup was the Orkar coup so I think another reason is behind it.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by sukkot: 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
meanwhile here is a story of bravery i am sure none of you have ever heard. when ojukwu killed victor banjo. they tied him to the stake and started shooting. while they were shooting he was shouting back at them that ' SHOOT ME SOME MORE BECAUSE I AM NOT DEAD YET '. LMAO crazy dude. died for the wrong side.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by sukkot: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
anigold:

when murtala and co overthrew Gowon with the help of Gowon's brother inlaw. The highest ranking officer to take over was never murtala. They were officers higher in rank than murtala...
well all coups are different. in the coup that happened when they installed buhari, he was not part of the coup. do you think a disciplined man like buhari will take part in a coup ? coups are for the power drunk and reckless. buhari is neither reckless nor is he power drunk

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by anigold(m): 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Built2last:

but i think Bassam is quietly dangerous and probably more ruthless than Jamal...Jamal was broken by their father.

i think Bassam will return to be king and he may not preach that democrazy he is preaching now.

power sweat na wen you have not thasted it. e be like kpekus

@Asuokaa

i just de vex as John snow die for Game of thrones season 5.. I dey vex. For the book John snow was still the commander of the nights watch but for movie the guy die.. I still dey vex...
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by millhouse: 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
hi
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Maghan37: 3:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
Sunday8650:
Every corrupt. politician today deserve a place on that stake with their families together with them
Agreed but I do not support dat deir families shld suffer d same faith
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
lalasticlala:

link?
I'm find it difficult to attach the link, but I just tagged you. Check your mention and do the needful. Thanks.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by anigold(m): 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
sukkot:
well all coups are different. in the coup that happened when they installed buhari, he was not part of the coup. do you think a disciplined man like buhari will take part in a coup ? coups are for the power drunk and reckless. buhari is neither reckless nor is he power drunk

murtala was a very discipline soldier with good leadership qualities, folks in the 70s said murtala actually wanted a better Nigeria but evil beginning always begats an evil end, why overthrow a good man of Gowon calibre a man with so much wisdom...

If you are very sure buhari was not a coup plotter no wahala i no wan argue... Or may be u are saying this cos he is now our civilian president... The fact remains u cant be a beneficiary of a war without directly or indirectly playing a part to the success of that war....

4 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by butanep(m): 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
Built2last:
I am watching a movie titled Tyrant...similar
is it an American film?

Love films of such story lines...
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
Asuokaa:

but he was a coup plotter bro didnt u hear of the tribunal how dimka tackled him there when he was the head of the said tribunal
Clement Yilda and Dauda Usman were two soldiers found by the martial court to have taken part in the court, but were however not found. Did they excape out of the country and changed their names?
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Built2last: 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
butanep:
is it an American film?

Love films of such story lines...

yes...but about middle east and tyrany in governance
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by zendy: 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
When a coup is successful, it is legal

But when a coup is unsuccessful, it is treason

3 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Rexyl(m): 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
Life! While some coupists were arrested and sentenced to death, some others managed to escape similar treatment and surprisingly they eventually emerged leaders of Nigeria. Life isn't fair, some will just managed to have their ways through. In God I have hope.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Built2last: 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
Asuokaa:

i implore to go get it cause its raining fine...they tried to assassinate jamal but it failed, bassam is nw an insurgent leader and many more even his wife wanna marry again

abeg stop, leave me for suspense

thanku
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Built2last: 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
anigold:

i just de vex as John snow die for Game of thrones season 5.. I dey vex. For the book John snow was still the commander of the nights watch but for movie the guy die.. I still dey vex...

abeg no vex,
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by butanep(m): 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
Built2last:

yes...but about middle east and tyrany in governance
need to get that film...
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by InvertedHammer: 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
/

This was why Abacha, Buhari, IBB had to be ruthless. There was no loyalty. Everyone was striving to be on top and in the process,
friends had to eliminate friends. The so-called dictators were protecting their interests by killing suspected coup-plotters and their
propaganda machines masquerading as journalists. A lot of the financiers of the coups (eg. Abiola) had media houses they used to
water the ground for coup-plotters to strike. And they dealt him a heavy blow.

Buhari was not radical enough to plot a coup. Tunde Idiagbon was his backbone. But Buhari (being a senior military officer) had to
become the president to placate the North after Alh.Shehu Shagari was overthrown to avoid a repeat of Kaduna Nzeogwu saga.

Buhari was the president but the name that was feared by all was Tunde Idiagbon

\

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Built2last: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
butanep:
need to get that film...

get it and house of cards.

those are movies that teach you not telemundo
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by anigold(m): 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
sukkot:
meanwhile here is a story of bravery i am sure none of you have ever heard. when ojukwu killed victor banjo. they tied him to the stake and started shooting. while they were shooting he was shouting back at them that ' SHOOT ME SOME MORE BECAUSE I AM NOT DEAD YET '. LMAO crazy dude. died for the wrong side.

crazy things happened in 60s and 70s My pops said there was an arm robber who was smiling few moments before his execution at Bar beach, Lagos . The called him 'DR' Ishola Oyenusi.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by sukkot: 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
anigold:

murtala was a very discipline soldier with good leadership qualities, folks in the 70s said murtala actually wanted a better Nigeria but evil beginning always begats an evil end, why overthrow a good man of Gowon calibre a man with so much wisdom...

If you are very sure buhari was not a coup plotter no wahala i no wan argue... Or may be u are saying this cos he is now our civilian president... The fact remains u cant be a beneficiary of a war without directly or indirectly playing a part to the success of that war....
[b]bros, its military protocol. if a coup is succesful and the leader of the coup is dead, they look for the most senior officer in the military and give him the presidency. does not mean you are part of the war. its protocol. whats he supposed to say when they came to pick him up ? ermmm nooo i no wan be president oooo make una leave me alone for where i dey for jos jejely. buhari is not a coup plotter

and who said gowon was a man of good caliber ? do you know why they ( dimka ) plotted the coup against murtala ? because all the corruption and free money that they were getting under gowon was plugged when murtala got in. murtala is like buhari, hates corruption and is very disciplined. so under his regime the military boys could not loot anything. and this pissed them off. they ( dimka and co ) were making covert trips to london where gowon was exiled to tell him that they want to coup murtala and will put him back in power if successful. so gowon while he himself may not have been a very corrupt man was like jonathan goodluck meaning under his reign corruption was allowed to flourish. army officers were enjoying like crazy. till murtala came and put an end to it all. point being your gowon is not as clean as you make him out to be [/b]

3 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
That means say I no watch DAT season 5 finish be DAT ooo. I no even no say Jon snow died. I only watched it till when they escaped from the white walkers and they crossed the waters
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by free37: 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hmm...
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by sukkot: 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
anigold:

crazy things happened in 60s and 70s My pops said there was an arm robber who was smiling few moments before his execution at Bar beach, Lagos . The called him 'DR' Ishola Oyenusi.
oh yes i remember reading about oyenusi lmao. DIMKA was also smiling before they shot him. i think the men of those days were braver and more manly than the men of today.

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Asuokaa: 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
Built2last:

abeg stop, leave me for suspense

thanku

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin and try to get this one too BLACKLIST another fire brand series
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by freakyhat: 3:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
OP...

Put viewers discretion... grin

Lalasticlala cc

Op did put that, check thread title undecided
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Built2last: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
Asuokaa:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin and try to get this one too BLACKLIST another fire brand series

i have watched blacklist season one.

bad movie, crazy guy
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by nijanigga: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re:"EXECUTED IN APRIL 1990" that's not true. Orkar's coup was stages on Sunday April 22,1990, and it took several months for their trials before their execution. Do you all remember Major-General Charles Ndiomu?
How many times did Late Major-General Mamman Kastina plotted coup against Gowon? at some point Gowon had to report him to his ( Katsina's dad.
How many people did IBB executed quietly and their families paid out?
All these information you gave are just tips not deep down. if Idiagbon had not perform that mecca trip in aug 1985 ,IBB,Abacha and co would have been long gone and save Nigeria a mess.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Terwase Akwaza 'Gana' Corpse: Before & After He Was Killed (Graphic Photos) / Lance Corporal Harrison Friday: Masked Soldier Apprehended By Nigerian Army / Retired Yahoo Boy Exposes Ritual Methods, Speaks On Eating Poo, Sex With Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.