Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,609 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) (107277 Views)

Autopsy Of A Drug Mule: Stay Out Of Hard Drugs (Viewers Discretion Advised) / Glory Uzoh Shot By Robbers In Abuja (Viewers Discretion) / Names Of All Top Secret Cults In Nigeria And Initiation Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by butanep(m): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Built2last:

get it and house of cards.

those are movies that teach you not telemundo
season movie too?
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Asuokaa: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Built2last:

i have watched blacklist season one.

bad movie, crazy guy

i guess ur slow am in season 4 bro
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Built2last: 3:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
Asuokaa:

i guess ur slow am in season 4 bro

i am a very busy person, if i am seeing a movie, it means i have plenty time to play with. Again, i don't allow myself be addicted to anything. once i sense am getting addicetd to anything i back off.

just that i am extremely interested in crime cracking movies and it builds my critical thinking
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Built2last: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2015
butanep:
season movie too?

yes, house of cards is for those interested in politics and power play.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Asuokaa: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
Built2last:

i am a very busy person, if i am seeing a movie, it means i have plenty time to play with. Again, i don't allow myself be addicted to anything. once i sense am getting addicetd to anything i back off.

just that i am extremely interested in crime cracking movies and it builds my critical thinking

i dont think your busier than me i manage a website its not easy i have to attend to the agents and upload their ppty for them as i dey nw na ppty i dey upload since morning...
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by sukkot: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
anigold:

crazy things happened in 60s and 70s My pops said there was an arm robber who was smiling few moments before his execution at Bar beach, Lagos . The called him 'DR' Ishola Oyenusi.
dimka smiling before they shot him

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1075983_396706_2782743480727_1555594378_n_jpgd4a3d91fca2808fd2ecd83d9ea8b910d
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Ishilove: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
tobimillar:
So touching....not because I don't believe in capital punishment neither is it because I know anyone of them but because some of these guys are innocent....wondering how and why the likes of ty danjuma who killed aguiyi ironsi are still alive.... wish we can have military rule again for just 2days...and then all past leaders, governors, local government chairmen, even councillors and not forgetting rapist, ritualist and murderers will face the same judgement . Our prisons are too congested some ppl have no biz in prison...they should be under six feet.
Read somewhere that Mamman Vatsa was innocent.

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Built2last: 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
Asuokaa:

i dont think your busier than me i manage a website its not easy i have to attend to the agents and upload their ppty for them as i dey nw na ppty i dey upload since morning...

meaning you are always seated.

i can be in naija for two week and 2 months outside...nature of my work. you need to seat down to watch movies abi.

i am currently seatted and active on Nairaland..will jet out on sunday till August ending.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by LEXYLOV: 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
1985 So called kangaroo Vatsa coup was babangida setup against his own best friend and best man. Nothing like coup, just to get rid of vatsa for foiling Dimka coup and being the part of the tribunal that tried the 1976 coup plotters, cause dimka was like babangida 5 and 6 and babangida himself was part of that coup, but spared by the same vatsa, whom later become his victim cause he saw him as bitter rival not bossom friends as they use to be.

Ask Dongoyaro and Bamaiyi they will tell you the full story.

That Gen Vatsa coup should be removed from national history instead ibb should be tried for Murdering Gen Vatsa and Co. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Olaone1: 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
kingthreat:
The coup that brought Buhari and Abacha to power was an easy coup as they were plotted against civilian regimes and succeeded.
When it comes to strategy and Bravery, lets give it up to these men

Yakubu Gowon
Murtala Muhammed
Ibrahim Babangida.

These are men of sterner stuff.

Sani Abacha
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by kingthreat(m): 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
Gentlesniper:
in terms of strategy and bravery, give it to Maj. Nzoegu and Maj okar, just that their coups weren't destined to succeed. IBB faced no threat 4rm buhari, just that he was way too smart 4 buhari, as 4 Gowon, he was just fortunate because he was the nxt in command after the death of Aguyi Ironsi during the 1966 counter coup events

I can agree with you but I won't celebrate Nzeogwu for any reason. To me, i liken him to Abu Shekau of Boko Haram. This man killed defenseless civilians in the name of regime change. His was the bloodiest with so many casualties. His killing of northern leaders later led to the pogroms against the igbos in the north, then an unnecessary civil war.

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
if they succeeded then they would have been military leaders.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by MrPresident1: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
Buhari knew about the coup of 1983 that brought him to power, this was attested to by Major Bamidele who was later executed for the Vatsa conspiracy of 1986.

Major Bamidele's story was quite a pathetic one, he told the tribunal that sentenced him to death that in 1983, he reported the coup that was to overthrow Shagari to his GOC, General Buhari, Buhari promptly ordered his detention until the coup was carried out, and Buhari was named the head of state.

Major Bamidele was an unlucky man he reported a coup and was jailed, he ailed to report another and was executed for it.

http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/nigeria_facts/MilitaryRule/Omoigui/VatsaConspiracy-1985.html

2 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by nijanigga: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ishilove:

Read somewhere that Mamman Vatsa was innocent.

read the last paragraph of the link below.
There are many other thousands of innocent people in the grave whom IBB murdered. Their souls are crying for justice. All those he made widows and orphans are seeking justice.
read also the confession by domkat bali and Charles ndiomu

http://www.ocnus.net/cgi-bin/exec/view.cgi?archive=99&num=25213
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by nijanigga: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
MrPresident1:
Buhari knew about the coup of 1983 that brought him to power, this was attested to by Major Bamidele who was later executed for the Vatsa conspiracy of 1986.

Major Bamidele's story was quite a pathetic one, he told the tribunal that sentenced him to death that in 1983, he reported the coup that was to overthrow Shagari to his GOC, General Buhari, Buhari promptly ordered his detention until the coup was carried out, and Buhari was named the head of state.

Major Bamidele was an unlucky man he reported a coup and was jailed, he ailed to report another and was executed for it.

http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/nigeria_facts/MilitaryRule/Omoigui/VatsaConspiracy-1985.html

u mixed it up. if was rather against IBB. Bamidele heard about IBB's coup against Idiagbon and reported it to Buhari who did not take action,so IBB took revenge on Bamidele.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by MrPresident1: 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
I think Colonel Aker Mike Iyoshe is one of the bravest soldiers the Nigerian Army has ever produced. He was the best in everything he ever did. He was even credited with being the person who coined the phrase, 'soldier come, soldier go' as he exchanged laughters with General Vatsa whilst both were tied to the stake awaiting execution.

Those were men. Mean men

http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/nigeria_facts/MilitaryRule/Omoigui/PalaceCoup-1985II.htm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by emperorfidel(m): 4:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
anigold:

sorry student i can give u a link to download the Tyrant series free but since u are looking for Tyrant the movie. I know sabi...

Learn and quit being recalcitrant to correction.
A series is a movie, that is the point!
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by MrPresident1: 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
nijanigga:

u mixed it up. if was rather against IBB. Bamidele heard about IBB's coup against Idiagbon and reported it to Buhari who did not take action,so IBB took revenge on Bamidele.

No, you are wrong. I put my source there.

Bamidele knew about the coup to overthrow Shagari, he told his boss Buhari who apparently was in on the plot, Buhari ordered his detention until the coup was carried out. Later Bamidele found out about Vatsa's conspiracy but he did not report it.

For this, he was executed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by frodobee: 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
anataala:
you're a pagan buhari believe in one and Only God who has no partner

Frodobee :

The god of the Jihadist? You obviously an APCoid.
The baboon and monkey blood sucking god? Throw your emotions away and see ur Buharia for what he is.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Asuokaa: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Built2last:

meaning you are always seated.

i can be in naija for two week and 2 months outside...nature of my work. you need to seat down to watch movies abi.

i am currently seatted and active on Nairaland..will jet out on sunday till August ending.

not to watch movies but to monitor and update a website, i mostly watch in the mid-night or am busy listening to bishop oyedepo messages and playing my ps3 simultaneously all in the midnight...last week sunday i didnt sleep i was awake all tru

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by chukkystar(m): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
Built2last:

We are far apart.

i dey ABJ.

i will drive round and look for it or watch it online if i dont see

safe
go to Wuse market, U'll get complete seasons of tyrant
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by stonecoldcafe: 4:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nigeria has really changed. Those good old days they hang or shoot people up and down - no shaking!

We have come a mighty long way. These days the courts are scared to even sentence someone to death for a heinous crime.

Even gov nor wan sign or attest to the execution...

Indeed times have changed
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Theloveth(m): 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
Built2last:

We are far apart.

i dey ABJ.

safe
check o2tvseries.com it's there. embarassed
Built2last:

We are far apart.

i dey ABJ.

safe
check o2tvseries.com it's there.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Youngpo413: 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
Built2last:

woooow, i need season 2. where can i get it.

i just ended where he failed in the coup...the thing pain me say the guy failed in that coup.

but i know Jamal will not kill him. he would rather exile him
american movie or korean?
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Chukky86: 5:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
The babagida regime coup of 199o, i notice there no single northerners in the list. All igbo and yoruba.
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Built2last: 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2015
Youngpo413:
american movie or korean?

America but storyline is on middle east and tyrany in governance
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by AkaIkenga: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
Murtala got lucky through that coup. He was a man who deserved to be hanged but was drowned. He should have received the Nuremberg treatment instead. He was a war criminal and a mass murderer of innocent and defenseless compatriots.

1 Like

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by anigold(m): 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
sukkot:
[b]bros, its military protocol. if a coup is succesful and the leader of the coup is dead, they look for the most senior officer in the military and give him the presidency. does not mean you are part of the war. its protocol. whats he supposed to say when they came to pick him up ? ermmm nooo i no wan be president oooo make una leave me alone for where i dey for jos jejely. buhari is not a coup plotter

and who said gowon was a man of good caliber ? do you know why they ( dimka ) plotted the coup against murtala ? because all the corruption and free money that they were getting under gowon was plugged when murtala got in. murtala is like buhari, hates corruption and is very disciplined. so under his regime the military boys could not loot anything. and this pissed them off. they ( dimka and co ) were making covert trips to london where gowon was exiled to tell him that they want to coup murtala and will put him back in power if successful. so gowon while he himself may not have been a very corrupt man was like jonathan goodluck meaning under his reign corruption was allowed to flourish. army officers were enjoying like crazy. till murtala came and put an end to it all. point being your gowon is not as clean as you make him out to be [/b]

most of what u just said are historically correct, the part that dimka contacted Gowon to overthrow murtala is a little bit confusing to me, Dimka was a very ambitious person who planned the coup to take over as Military President ...Historically successful coups in Nigeria have also always been planned by a particular group of lucky/intelligient officers(most of them are now eating fat on Nigeria's wealth we all know them)... I said lucky because fate has always been working in their favour...

Am not sure Gowon actually wanted to be in power after the bloodless coup, i think Gowon was actually tired of power after the civil war wahalas...

One thing that still baffles me is the issue of overthrowing ones regime, does not mean there was no procedure in the military that dictates who becomes the next military head of state, was power always to be taken by force not by due process... I dont think there was any peaceful handing over during the military era...

3 Likes

Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by armadeo(m): 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
sukkot:
meanwhile here is a story of bravery i am sure none of you have ever heard. when ojukwu killed victor banjo. they tied him to the stake and started shooting. while they were shooting he was shouting back at them that ' SHOOT ME SOME MORE BECAUSE I AM NOT DEAD YET '. LMAO crazy dude. died for the wrong side.

Just googled the guy, that is one mean mf. Jeez a man who looks at death smiling at him and smiles back.

Shivers. ....
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by sukkot: 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
armadeo:

Just googled the guy, that is one mean mf. Jeez a man who looks at death smiling at him and smiles back.

Shivers. ....
HEHE yeah that victor banjo is one mean son of a gun lmao. thats bravery at its peak. the epitome of bravery. grin
Re: List Of Coup Plotters In Nigeria And What Happened To Them (viewers discretion) by Sunday8650: 5:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
Maghan37:
Agreed but I do not support dat deir families shld suffer d same faith
If the father of an arm robber partook in the loot of his son knowing the source of the money is illegal should the father be spared. Politicians are worst than ritualist they have the face of God and heart of the devil. Such people don't deserve to live

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Retired Yahoo Boy Exposes Ritual Methods, Speaks On Eating Poo, Sex With Ladies / Man Records ‘sex Movie’ Inside Osun Grove, Shares On Social Media / Lady Smoking Shisha With 4-Year-Old Son Wanted By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.