Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole (31395 Views)

Falana: Why Fayose Cannot Seek Re-election / Edo Bye Election: Oshiomhole, Others Cast Votes [PHOTOS] / Okonjo Iweala Withdrew $1 Billion Jonathan Reelection Campaign Fund From FA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by simple4generall(m): 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
Oshimole the new minister for finance

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
Where are the wailing wailer to shout witch hunting. Oya, food don come.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
Bushari withdraw bail out fund to payback his own grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
Oshiomole na-ata soda.
ammyluv2002:
Lies undecided
Abi...
Holds your waist as WE walk out of thread romantically
Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
Adams, leave NOI alone! She fine pass your wife?

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by Captainswag225(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
apc have started giving reasons for their failure which is inevitable
Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by Ayietim(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
No pain, no gain,
work hard and wait, the gain will surely come at the end, if you are patient and resilient.
http://ayietim.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by dustydee: 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
Oshobaba e don do nah.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by free2ryhme: 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
LocalChamp:
Okonjo-Iweala withdrew $1bn for Jonathan’s re-election —Oshiomhole

July 13, 2015
Written by Osemwengie Ben Ogbemudia, Benin

Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has accused the former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala of illegally taking $1 billion from the federation account to prosecute the re-election bid of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Speaking at a seminar organized by the Edo State government for Permanent Secretaries, Directors and Deputy Directors, the governor said the former minister also needs to tells Nigerians how the Excess Crude Account was drawn down to $4.1 billion from the peak $10 billion when no approval was given by the National Economic Council for any withdrawal.

The theme of the workshop was: “Enhancing IGR in Edo, Issues, Prospects and Challenges.”

Oshiomhole, who said Okonjo-Iweala would have been declared a pathological liar if she were to be a witness in court due to the inconsistencies in her statements, said a forensic audit would truly determine how much was illegally spent from the federation account under her watch as minister.

He said the state government would now hold Permanent Secretaries, Directors and Deputy Directors responsible for any fraud detected in their departments, saying the government has trimmed down the cost of running government.

He said: “The truth is, many things went wrong even at the federal level. As you might have read in the papers, while the federal government, under Goodluck Jonathan, with the then Coordinating Minister of the Economy liked to blame governors for wasteful spending, for not saving for the rainy day, for not investing properly, the truth is the real weakness in the Nigerian federal chain has been the Federal Government.

“Our hope is that with the new President, given his pedigree we will break from the past.

“As I’m sure you will soon begin to hear when all the numbers are published, last week, I complained aloud that Edo State lost about N10 billion over a four year period from only one source, the NLNG remittance to the federation account.

“How did I arrive at the figure? I used my 4-Figure Table and I asked myself at $2.1 billion remitted by NLNG as taxes and Shell, and by the way, Shell is not the only oil operative, we have Chevron and several others. They shared the $2.1 billion based on the revenue allocation formula, Edo State got about N2.27 billion. So I said, thank God this money came after the departure of Okonjo-Iweala and President Jonathan. If the PDP were still in charge in Abuja, this money would have been taken.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/okonjo-iweala-took-1bn-for-jonathans-re-election-oshiomhole/

The former finance minister and coordinator of the near-bankrupt economy,Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala,at the end of her sojourn in former president Ebele Jonathan's government,lost professional honour,experise-respect and gained worse-credibility to her name and image worldwide.Dr Okonjo Iweala displayed her hidden professional-shortcoming with her mishahandling of Nigeria economy,the ex-cess crude account and external reserve account and did not fair well in her overall handling of Nigerian economy and funds.She lost her professional reputation with her worst outing as Nigeria finance minister suprintended massive corruption practices and supervised looting,stealing and embezzlement of magnititude volume.Dr Okonjo Iweala is the worst minister of finance ever.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by Eliza5050(f): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
The way Jonathan went on a spending spree just to be re-elected makes me believe every word Oshiomole has said so far.
It will be sheer madness not to believe him.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by arsetalks(m): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ola17:
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks Osho baba talks too much lately. Maybe na d new wife wen him marry dey make mouth scratch am.

Methinks the smart thing to do is to gather all the evidence of financial graft against the immediate past government and approach the courts and stop boring some of us to death with all these salon gossip!
It is called politics, that's how the game is played.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by Sunofgod(m): 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2015
LocalChamp:
Okonjo-Iweala withdrew $1bn for Jonathan’s re-election —Oshiomhole

July 13, 2015
Written by Osemwengie Ben Ogbemudia, Benin

Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has accused the former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala of illegally taking $1 billion from the federation account to prosecute the re-election bid of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Speaking at a seminar organized by the Edo State government for Permanent Secretaries, Directors and Deputy Directors, the governor said the former minister also needs to tells Nigerians how the Excess Crude Account was drawn down to $4.1 billion from the peak $10 billion when no approval was given by the National Economic Council for any withdrawal.

The theme of the workshop was: “Enhancing IGR in Edo, Issues, Prospects and Challenges.”

Oshiomhole, who said Okonjo-Iweala would have been declared a pathological liar if she were to be a witness in court due to the inconsistencies in her statements, said a forensic audit would truly determine how much was illegally spent from the federation account under her watch as minister.

He said the state government would now hold Permanent Secretaries, Directors and Deputy Directors responsible for any fraud detected in their departments, saying the government has trimmed down the cost of running government.

He said: “The truth is, many things went wrong even at the federal level. As you might have read in the papers, while the federal government, under Goodluck Jonathan, with the then Coordinating Minister of the Economy liked to blame governors for wasteful spending, for not saving for the rainy day, for not investing properly, the truth is the real weakness in the Nigerian federal chain has been the Federal Government.

“Our hope is that with the new President, given his pedigree we will break from the past.

“As I’m sure you will soon begin to hear when all the numbers are published, last week, I complained aloud that Edo State lost about N10 billion over a four year period from only one source, the NLNG remittance to the federation account.

“How did I arrive at the figure? I used my 4-Figure Table and I asked myself at $2.1 billion remitted by NLNG as taxes and Shell, and by the way, Shell is not the only oil operative, we have Chevron and several others. They shared the $2.1 billion based on the revenue allocation formula, Edo State got about N2.27 billion. So I said, thank God this money came after the departure of Okonjo-Iweala and President Jonathan. If the PDP were still in charge in Abuja, this money would have been taken.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/okonjo-iweala-took-1bn-for-jonathans-re-election-oshiomhole/

Oshiomhole “How did I arrive at the figure? I used my 4-Figure Table and I asked myself . . . .

[img]http://media2./media/jGeuf0mcBdh3q/200w.gif[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by anonimi: 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
SkySpirit:
Oshiomole is taking his personal fight with Okonjo Iweala too far may be he lost valuable cash during the Ekiti elections when his flight was not allowed to move. Oshiomole isn't a financial expert he cant contradict the ex minister. Whatever facts he has he should go to court or the EFCC and stop this campaign of calumny against her. He is becoming too petty!

The useless, half-literate man obviously knows nothing about seeking legal redress in court except when it is to reclaim his electoral mandate.
Perhaps it simply shows he is just making empty NOISE for mumucious people to get excited about.

What an imp!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by frisky2good(m): 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
E be like say na Iweala this man wan marry before but she no gree abi wetin come be all this wahala na?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by omogin(f): 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
Osho baba, you get some points sha, but is this why you have run the local government in your state aground? Allow the chairmen full access to their cash na, let them pay their workers and old pensioners. We never thought this your fine wife will be so costly to maintain o. Pay up Osho babs, pay up

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by ERODEDEAST(f): 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lara need to keep this man Busy.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by scachy(m): 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ugly wizard, shut up for once!!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by bokohalal(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
I will believe Oshiomole over Okonjo-Iweala any day. He knows what he is saying.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by 9jatatafo(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
Osho baba is high with his new wife kitty-cat's juice. He keeps bringing new allegations against the ex finance minister. From 30 billion to 3.1 billion and now to 1 billion all without proof. Is Osho the right person to be raising false alarm? I hope one of his L.G.'S Chairmen do same to him. With his banga head. Go-and-die governor, fresh kpekus good ooo. See as you dey speak in tongues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by juman(m): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
StOla:
Okonjo Iweala has found a nemesis in Oshiomhole.

His claims always turn up right.

grin grin

Jonathan government was not good and the woman was incharge of the economy.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
Those who celebrate Good luck Ebele Jonathan will do well to compile ALL his interview sessions where he spoke extempore and answered questions so we can xray his thoughts on Nigeria. I wager it will be clear he was a clueless HeadState who got dumfounded by The Office - he stood by for six years wondering what was happening around him because he had no idea. Thank God we were rid of him! 
ziccoit:
Unless you just want to be stupidly myopic, unreasonably loyal and heartlessly tribalistic; you will agree with every right thinking Nigerians that GEJ factually suceeded in running this country aground. What would have been the fate of this country is better imagine if he had won his second term bid. The most dangerous person to be entrusted with power is a sheepishly clueless figure who always forms fake brilliancy. Never again will Nigeria fall into a wrong hand.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by 2kris(m): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
Osho u never face ur state and get things right by meaningfull employment to prevent our angels from flying abroad...u are here shouting jona...wey dey otuoke dey drink gin

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by nijanigga: 9:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ola17:
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks Osho baba talks too much lately. Maybe na d new wife wen him marry dey make mouth scratch am.

Methinks the smart thing to do is to gather all the evidence of financial graft against the immediate past government and approach the courts and stop boring some of us to death with all these salon gossip!
you can't lump such gargantuan information into one.Nigerians will begin to connect the dots and those who have good heads will make rational judgements. Osho baba please carry go jo.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by janco: 9:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
Its a follish way to comment. Oshimole has really missed the mark
Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by ammyluv2002(f): 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
Freemanan:

Abi...
Holds your waist as WE walk out of thread romantically
kiss
Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
[size=14pt]Oshomole please leave Jonathan alone. You have a new wife that needs attention. Face her since you have failed and abandoned Edo State to her fate. The people are crying that your new wife is so expensive to maintain that LG workers are no longer being paid and now owed several months salary arrears. Are you waiting for church to start feeding them before you act like AREGBESE.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by loomer: 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
liberty300:
It's like this man has a soft spot for madam okonjo. This dude is sick. He's just jealous

Maybe the woman no gree give am pusssy chop.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by Zico5(m): 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
ziccoit:
Unless you just want to be stupidly myopic, unreasonably loyal and heartlessly tribalistic; you will agree with every right thinking Nigerians that GEJ factually suceeded in running this country aground. What would have been the fate of this country is better imagine if he had won his second term bid. The most dangerous person to be entrusted with power is a sheepishly clueless figure who always forms fake brilliancy. Never again will Nigeria fall into a wrong hand.
Gbam! U nail it bro. I can't say it better
Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by guardsman: 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
IWEALA FORGES NATIONAL STATISTICS - PROFF SOLUDO - I CONCUR
I would be surprised if dis woman who superitended over d most massive looting of our national treasury in history escapes jail.
Apart of d massive illegal withdrawals frm d treasury, our govt corporations, infrastructure etc built over many years & generations & dat should rightly belong to our children & grand children were shamelessly shared within a cabal of govt sponsors in deals dat reek of corruption & infamy.
When d probes begin, there will be no where 4 her & her oga at d top to hide their sticky fingers. Kirikiri straaaaaight!

1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala Withdrew $1bn For Jonathan’s Re-election —oshiomhole by nicerichard05: 9:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
[size=18pt]You Oshiobaba How much did u withdraw to marry your New Wife? Or Howw much did you withdraw to give to ur inlaws? Mtchewwww oga abeg park well jor. [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayemi Appoints Joe Komolafe As Amotekun Corps Commander / Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. / Amaechi And Jonathan: What Caused The Rift ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.