Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,154 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song (36636 Views)

Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? / Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Osinachi Remix – Entertainment Journalist / The Art Of The Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Davido And Osinachi – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Shymm3x: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
mablie:
Thank you for the list and information.Tinie Tempah?The guy is too pop for me.Chipmunk?I believe he had two tracks with mavado and chris brown a few years ago.So Solid Crew reminded me of wu-tang clan when I first watched their "21 seconds" video(which I still love)Anyway,thank you

Yes, he went pop for the singles and to get paid. But he used to do grime, though he was more into making tunes for the chics when he did grime back in the day.

Chipmunk is heavy - his first ever popular tune "who are you" is a UK grime classic. He has a recent tune called "I'm fine" ft. Stormzy and Shalo that's heavy as well. Stormzy is heavy and he's killing the grime scene right now. And Bugzy Malone from Manchester is heavy as well.

Check Skepta's "Shutdown" - that's killing the scene right now. Skeppy is a legend! grin You can check Kano's "P's and Q's" - another UK grime classic.

So Solid Crew paved the way - big ups to Romeo, Mega, Asher D, Harvey, Lisa Maffia, Swiss and the collective.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by dayojags10(m): 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
op what are you smoking?,well you a female,so you know nothing about hard core rap. Reminisce murder that track,then phyno. Uzi and classiqe?,ooh lawd bami dariji wan
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Nah. Who's Boogey? Send a link to his tune.

Lmao @ flooring Jigga with Nursery rhymes, while speaking in tongues. Grandiose delusion. grin

Download link - http://notjustok.com/2012/07/26/boogey-i-killed-em-rigor-mortis-you-and-you/

Lyrics - http://genius.com/Boogey-i-killed-em-rigor-mortis-lyrics
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Ymodulus: 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
niceguy7:
That uzi of a guy were is he from?
Classiq rep the hausa aspect wella.

Classic Hausa was top Notch.

It sounds Kanoish or kadunaish or katsinaish or Bauchi-ish. I think he is from Bauchi.

Safarigal said he is from Nassarawa I doubt that. Nasarawa people don't speak hausa like this. Their Hausa sounds fake like Minna people
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by no2fuks(m): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
dubylhover:
kai,i always tell pipo that its only smart and intelligent pipo that really get vector's line...c how he correlated yemi alade,johnny,and walking away..linking with johnny walker

there is nothing to get. it is only pipo that are vector fans that see something in nothing.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by FullDepth1: 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
For a 5 minute Track, it's worth every Hype. Best Believe.

This Remix is Classic. Now this is what we call a Rmx, Putting Efforts Create a Totally different Package from the First.

RAPs from - Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Medieval English... Then finally Vector Closing His Track. Goodness Me !! It doesn't get any better !

The Arrangement of the Rappers based on their Tempo was Awesome, The RISE and HEAT down To the End of the Track, Coming Calm with Vector, Indeed has to go to whoever Produced and Compiled this Rmx. Your Head keeps Nodding (Even if you are busy with other stuffs) till the end.

The Instrumentals, sound quality, choice of Strings, The Mix,... Damn! We are Blessed in Nigeria...

Much love to UZI and Classiq.... Don't Relent Guys..

I listened to "DJ Caise ft UZI - Psycho Music" ... UZI is a MAAAAAAD MAAAAANN !!!!! i was like shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
I dont tink Olamide would hv done beta than Baba hafusa in dat dope track. They are jst Awesome!!
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by no2fuks(m): 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
abdulkayus:
Point of correction Safarigirl, Classiq is not from Nassarawa bt from Bauchi, Tafawa Balewa local government. He is a bosom friend right from secondary school to university. He was brought up in Kano and his father is also a Doctor of Geography at Bayero University, kano.
He has been listening to rap music since secondary school time and decided to took it as a career in uni.
Classiq babban yayan Michael da Hannatu.

what Is the name of that school you attended again?
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
Reminisce killed it for me. I think you're looking at a passionate delivery as your main criterion to grade, that's obvious from your admission to not understanding hausa, I'll assume you don't understand yoruba either. Baba Hafusa.

I think there should be a translation of each rappers delivery into English and rate, that would be fairer.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by stonecoldcafe: 5:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
Absolutely loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the song. I loved the original and i totally love the remix as well. Thanks for making me watch the video.

I always believed the song deserved more than what it got initially; so much so i've always had it in my phone. I loved some of Vector's lines in the original song too ...your history go be like Ivan Ikoku my guy...
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by anigbajumo(m): 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lamispaco:
Thank God it's your opinion sha,no further comment

Exactly wat I told my fwend dis morni.Bt I always rate vector dan any fuckin naija rapper....checkout vector ft sarkodie,he kill sarkodie mind u sarkodie has won BET...#jst imagine
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Shymm3x: 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
darkenedrebel:

Download link - http://notjustok.com/2012/07/26/boogey-i-killed-em-rigor-mortis-you-and-you/

Lyrics - http://genius.com/Boogey-i-killed-em-rigor-mortis-lyrics

Decent still.

But I couldn't decipher some of his metaphors and similes cos they don't really correspond, like where he said, "Where's your league you Micheal Phelps/Nigga like yourself wishing you had a couple of tyson belts/Know i'm the harder mike i done murder a lot of mics". I don't get the Michael Phelps reference, and the Mike Tyson reference about murder. And maybe the content as well.

Regardless, I like the structure - not too generic, with too many rhymes. Ditto his wordplay and multisyllabic patterns.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by phreakabit(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
Phyno got skills but doesn't have that hunger/desire to deliver anymore
Vector is all hype
Is Reminisce a rapper self? . . Flows too basic
Uzi. . . Meh
Classiq. . . Lol

When you have a real hip hop collab that isn't aimed at being some commercial piece, there should be versatility, skills on display, word play etc.
Just my opinion sha
3/10
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by no2fuks(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
darkenedrebel:

even Modenine walks between a thin line of wack &average . He can barely maintain a two-syllabic rhyme scheme throughout a 16.

Boogey is the only one worth listening to nowadays. His delivery's on point, he's got bars & he's very technical ✘

too technical ol skool rules.

yo hip hop hurray 80s/90s hip-hop influence too strong
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by anigbajumo(m): 5:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
BrOwnSuga3:
I am a big big fan of VEC, He's a good rapper. But Olamide and Ice Prince will always be up there because VEC is not consistent. He release one good song and go to sleep, you don't hear from him again for a long.

If he can be consistent, he'll be the best and most popular in Nigeria

Yea,bt Ola nd ice p......dey him bk wen we ar talkin about reasonable lyrics...
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by dROC1: 5:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
sukkot:
4.58 MINUTES OF MY LIFE I CANT GET BACK. RUBBISH SONG

Crap song and video....Nigerians and celebrating mediocrity. How does this even compare to Ghost Mode?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by airmark(m): 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
Safarigirl, this remix is ok, but I still rate Phyno and Olamide's Ghost mode higher.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by GodstimeAlale(m): 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
crazygod:
listened and definately not the song of the year. whats the essence of rap when u cant even hear what dem folks are spitting? Even as fast as crazy bone is, i can still hear what he spits.
Ever wondered why the best rappers in the world are not fast spitters... even eminem as fast as he is most times reduces his tempo to pass his message.
The only dude who killed d track was vector cos i heard every word. this young rappers should go listen to rakim, ice cube and nas make dem know wetin rap is all about.
Finally, song is too noisy.
crazygod:
listened and definately not the song of the year. whats the essence of rap when u cant even hear what dem folks are spitting? Even as fast as crazy bone is, i can still hear what he spits.
Ever wondered why the best rappers in the world are not fast spitters... even eminem as fast as he is most times reduces his tempo to pass his message.
The only dude who killed d track was vector cos i heard every word. this young rappers should go listen to rakim, ice cube and nas make dem know wetin rap is all about.
Finally, song is too noisy.
[quote author=crazygod post=35857364]listened and definately not the song of the year. whats the essence of rap when u cant even hear what dem folks are spitting? Even as fast as crazy bone is, i can still hear what he spits.
Finally, song is too noisy. [/quote

Seconded!
Check dis Out. Itz Crazy Ah Swear
https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/23831

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
BuddhaPalm:
Filled with Illuminati-wannabe imagery.

Borrowed heavily from Jay Z's video (can't recall the title).

A for effort. It's not easy to put yourself on the line and showcase your creativity.

But by far, my best Nigerian rap remixes are SHOKI! & Show Me Yuh Rozay
U and Vector get beef? U just carry BEEF for the video like ELERAN! Give dem a plus, even if they copied, I bet its nat even easy to copy ur friend in a French Exam!
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by danbrowndmf(m): 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
darkenedrebel:
This song is thrash! is this what you call rap? Africans should quit rapping altogether ✘
the classiq guy is cool...how can u call dis song trash? What do u really want? Even the favourite kendrick lamar sef do trash sometimes?.:/

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by abdulkayus(m): 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ayameze2015:
have you heard about hausa rapper Monrell?

Morell is from Borno State.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
What's wrong with you kids of nowadays sef? Best Nigerian rap song ever? You must be smoking that opium....

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
GodstimeAlale:
[color=#990000][/color]
And u wan make we hear ur own?? Are U Nas or IceCube?
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by danbrowndmf(m): 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
His greatest asset is word play. How he plays with word amuses me
an intelligent dude!
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ymodulus:

Classic Hausa was top Notch.

It sounds Kanoish or kadunaish or katsinaish or Bauchi-ish. I think he is from Bauchi.

Safarigal said he is from Nassarawa I doubt that. Nasarawa people don't speak hausa like this. Their Hausa sounds fake like Minna people
I think he's from bauchi.
We've got rising stars in arewa. Most especially kaduna.

Search youtube for yaran northside
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by danbrowndmf(m): 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
darkenedrebel:

even Modenine walks between a thin line of wack &average . He can barely maintain a two-syllabic rhyme scheme throughout a 16.

Boogey is the only one worth listening to nowadays. His delivery's on point, he's got bars & he's very technical ✘
much respect to you....buh hw many nigerian rappers hv u listen to,i knw u jus find joy in criticizn them... Listen to paybac,blaqbonez,lordvino..

I understand ur point that nigerians are below par in rap,buh d way u rubbish the is jus to much

joe cole, Kendrick lamar,Eminem and Nas are still my favourite,buh dah wunt make me rubbish nigerian rappers

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Kceezie: 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
Barnabas Buba Aka Classiq is not From Nassarawa ohhh. The guy na Bauchi guy from the Das Tribe. But was born in Kano to Dr. L F Buba. A lecturer at BUK... U can ask me more abt Him. Na my HomeBoy that's Classiq, Michael and Hannatu they r just Three

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by danbrowndmf(m): 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
Shymm3x:

Decent still.

But I couldn't decipher some of his metaphors and similes cos they don't really correspond, like where he said, "Where's your league you Micheal Phelps/Nigga like yourself wishing you had a couple of tyson belts/Know i'm the harder mike i done murder a lot of mics". I don't get the Michael Phelps reference, and the Mike Tyson reference about murder. And maybe the content as well.

Regardless, I like the structure - not too generic, with too many rhymes. Ditto his wordplay and multisyllabic patterns.
u said Vector is to wack,now see my favourite boogey now,u still cnt understand wht he's saying. What do u like sef?
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2015
Very. I dey always surprise as these mofos dey always criticise all these Nigerian rappers. Always quick to call them wack cuz they expect them to do rap like the Americans. Can Chris Brown ever do Afro beat like Wizkid? Does that make him wack? Is 2chanz any better than MI?
danbrowndmf:
an intelligent dude!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by kaybee88(m): 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2015
classiq is from bauchi state, not nasarawa
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by GodstimeAlale(m): 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]"And u wan make we hear ur own?? Are U Nas or IceCube?"

Perhaps Better, depend On Ur Judgment Wen u Listen Finish!
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by igwedaboss(m): 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
Mad ass jam... Dope to be on the number one spot.
Uzi shouldn't sleep...
He should this platform to push some solid work out there.
To me it was
Uzi
Phyno
Vector
Remi
Classiq

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Falz Blasts Yahoo Boys In "Confirm" / Download Money Heist Season 5 - English / MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.