Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

"Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder (30706 Views)

Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Told Me – Orji Kalu / Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Should Have Done – Al-mustapha / Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 1:24am On Jul 15, 2015
[s]
pazienza:

Why should an Arewa-Oduanistan be searching for Radio Biafra in Biafraland? Why should they feel threatened by Radio Biafra as to be searching for it.

You search for Radio Biafra location to bring harm to innocent Biafrans, and you feel threatened when they issue you the same threat by instructing Biafrans to bring death to you, if you attempt to bring death to Biafrans operating radio Biafra, are you sure you are sane?

Where in that message did Kanu instruct Biafrans to harm Yorubas that are not threatening harm to radio Biafra? What did I tell you about making sure you stay out of our way to freedom?
[/s]

Now I know you are a very wicked liar. You are a disgrace to your parents for twisting the obvious. Gosh... Why are you yeebhoes like this for God sake. You are even trying to deny the obvious after posting it for you. Is NBC=Yoruba/Hausa? NBC is looking for radio biafra and you threatening to kill Hausa/Yoruba? Are you crazy? You are an ediot for lying shamelessly this way.

You go on radio to threaten a country, curse some tribes and also inform your people to get ammunition ready to kill people of that tribe, the Nigerian government launched a search for you and you are talking about Yoruba? Is Yoruba the owner of Nigeria? Is Yoruba tribe the owner of NBC? You must be mad for trying to twist the truth, Its now clear I am wasting my time arguing with an animal like you. Imagine, this coward see nothing wrong in Kanu statement of killing the Yorubas but said we should not threaten any yeebhoe. May devil punish you for your lies. M.oronic ediot.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by hakeem4(m): 1:26am On Jul 15, 2015
Largas:
you are very drunk to post that Ironsi led that coup.

I stopped reading from that line onward.
actually the coup was originated by ifeajuna an Igbo soldier

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 1:28am On Jul 15, 2015
there is nothing left in d zoo..South West (yorobbers) monkeys and northern fuvkerzz (baboons) should know that..disintegration is the key!!!

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 1:30am On Jul 15, 2015
2.) That the Yorubas made it known to
Ojukwu that they were not ready to go
into a secession war as at that time
because they were not ready militarily,
were already surrounded by Northern
populated military garrisons and to go to
war at that point will be sheer suicide
Every leader has a 'right and duty' to
protect the survival of its people, you will
agree. Awolowo did just that

Awo said should Biafra secede that the West will do the same, he did make mention of Northern soldiers stationed in Lagos.The west wasn't ready to join the East to liberate Lagos of Northern soldiers, but it was well ready to join Arewa in her match to the East. ( Of course this is the point you tell me the clock and bull story of the west remaining neutral until Banjo match to Ore leading Biafran forces, right?)

Awo not only didn't secede when the East seceded, he teamed up with the North to fight against the East, and would even suggest the use of starvation as a weapon of war. Awo didn't stop there, he would go on to suggest the 20 pounds policy against Ndiigbo after the war.
For a man who never believed in one Nigeria, Awo broke so many records to keep Nigeria one.

Of course, Awo's duty is the safety of Yorubas first, but if you achieve that safety on the blood of another, you shouldn't expect anything short of eternal enemity from such group.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by coolitempa(f): 1:32am On Jul 15, 2015
We can never.....ever....never...ever..never....ever settle with flaties..... angry...those hateful Igbos must not allowed to stay in our lands one more day......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 1:36am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:
God knows. I do nairaland e-war for fun then with them chino and co and it all ends on nairaland. I have got no hatred in me for yeebhoes except the normal e-bashing we all do for fun, but the before election drama and radio biafra has now awaken me. I listened to that radio and heard yeebhoe calling in that they are ready to kill my people anytime and waiting for command. Even the elderly ones do call in, an old woman even promise to donate money for ammunitions yet some bastard said we should fold our arms and keep looking. His facebook page is filled with hatred and curse words for other tribe and you still want us to keep quiet. The hatred is now mutual and may it be so.

You want biafra and yorubas are not the cause of your problem yet you planning how to kill us and you said we should keep quiet. We are not holding you, we dont rush to your region to disturb you there. You are the one rushing to ours and still looking for our trouble yet you want us to keep quiet. Nnamdi Kanu, God bless you for waking my spirit and planting the hatred. I am helping you spread it in Yorubaland and informing everyone to now listen to your curse words and genocide plans so they can know they are in the midst of there enemies.

Brother, I know how you feel and i understand what it means, to listen to your "guest' planning to annihilate you on a large scale, as on a radio programme. It will never happen, God/Nature/Heavens is always on the side of those who stand for Peace and Truth.
Ala t'aja bala, inu re n'igbe!

There is a reason we are Yorubas: We are very intelligent and we dont allow "emotions" to becloud our reasoning!
Oruko ti ama'so omo eni, inu eni ni'gbe! ... Owo t'okere bayo, n'afi ngbe

I want you to relax! Calm down.
We both know Yorubas, though hate wars and are not aggressive but what happened in Ondo state during the NPN Vs. UPN political wahala is enough to be an eye opener to anyone that Yorubas are very grounded when it comes to war or defending themselves.

Having said that its a shame that some Igbos still applaud what nnamdi kanu is spewing.
Igbos talk about Genocide yet are supporting someone calling for Genocide!
What if he is arrested now, wont they say "They are picking on us" again?
Should Igbos not be the ones at the forefront of condemning such open display of aggression?

You know one Northerner asked me: What do you think Igbos would do, if they ever have the "Ultimate Power" in the Nigerian equation?
I could not answer but l mustered courage to say "We need to give them the benefit of the doubt".

I hope OMB will not only jam the signals of that hateful station but also arrest anyone encouraging Genocidal war in this country. Whoever or wherever that person comes from. Our kids cannot be allowed to be poisoned by such stewpid utterances, apologies for my language!

Let us not return hate for hate, evil for evil...... That is why we are Yorubas! That is why we are who we are, a cut above the rest

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Do you want me to post the members of that Coup or was it not Igbos that staged it or was Ironsi not the one made the Head of state after that Coup by his Igbo brothers and was he not Igbo?
The important thing isnot even who led the Coup, the important thing was "What happened in that Coup"...

And that is that "Northern Political and Military Elites were COMPLETELY ERASED ....by the Igbos

Dont you as an Igbo person find that abhorrent and unnecessary?
Do you actually think they (Northerners) would fold their hands and not revenge, in a very polarised Nigeria back then?
Why do Igbos, never for once condemn this "Elite Genocide" on the Northerners and only talk about their own "Genocide' which even happened in a war situation?

"Truth and Fairness" is very important in detoxifying one's spirit.

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!
NO

It must be stated clearly and openly that Ironsi was never part of the coup plotting. Even professional investigations carried out after the January coup indicted many professional soldiers but Ironsi.

Ironsi got wind of a coup, and gathered trust-worthy soldiers to block Nzeogwu act lagos after Ifeajuna had fled to Ghana. Nzeogwu was outnumbered so he smartly surrendered.

Ironsi quenched the coup attends the most senior professional Nigerian soldier.

It's never the fault of Igbos that they dominated every Nigerian institution even the military during the first Republic between 1960-1966. From the most decorated military official to the least decorated military official. No wonder majority of the January '66 coup plotters plotters were Igbo, majority if not all the January '66 coup quenchers led by General Ironsi were Igbo.

I repeat the truth, Ironsi had no hand in the January 15 1966 coup, as the most most senior most senior military official, he only tried to use the military to restore calm following the sham and corruption called elections held in 1965 which led led to January 1966 coup. IRONSI WAS NOT MADE HEAD OF STATE.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 15, 2015
hakeem4:
actually the coup was originated by ifeajuna an Igbo soldier
And Ifeajuna is a separate person from Ironsi. Ironsi had no hand in any coup.

The north bellowed that the coup plotters be crucified for future could plotters to learn lessons. pray tell me why Buhari, Abacha, Ibrahim Babangida, bastard T. Y. Danjuma and other coup plotters of Northern origin are yet to be crucified today?

Presently, they are one of the richest Nigerians who amassed wealth from Niger delta oil to the detriment of niger deltans. This same people and their tribesmen will deceive some gullible Niger deltans that Igbos want only their oil Wells where as Igbos are ready to discuss terms of MARRIAGE in a Biafran Republic with with the Niger deltans. are In a zoo. A lawless entity.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 1:45am On Jul 15, 2015
3.) That Ojukwu unilaterally declared
secession (whether that was the best and
only option at that point is left to Igbos to
contemplate) and expected Yorubas to
follow despite our clear objections and ill-
preparedness

Biafra wasn't unilaterally declared by Ojukwu, Ndiigbo and indeed the East are too free minded, (a people not used to bowing down to self appointed kings) to be unilaterally led by Ojukwu whims and caprices. And no matter how you Odua-Arewa people try, the truth remains that Biafra was never an Ojukwu or Igbo agenda. Biafra was put to vote democratically by members of Eastern region consultative assembly consisting of members drawn from all ethnic nationalities present in the defunct Eastern region. Igbos of course being the Majority ethnic group in the East had a major stake in Biafra. But Biafra was never an Ojukwu or Igbo agenda, it was the wish of the Eastern region people.

Ojukwu expected Yorubas to atleast remain neutral. Awo's major complain for the West not being ready to attempt secession was the presence of Northern military in the West, to this effect, Ojukwu's first move after declaring Biafra was a Biafran military force led by a Banjo Yoruba man ( the choice of a Yoruba man obviously being to signify his noble intentions) to join forces with Yorubas in expelling the Northern soldiers from Lagos atleast and subsequently the entire Yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:

Argh! Nwanne, don't spoil the fun for me.
These agents of falsehood must be put in their place.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 1:47am On Jul 15, 2015
klevjey:

what of alakija and odetola owning oil wells in south south?

And did that prevent Nnamdi or Dipriye from owning one in the South-South or even in Lagos?

What he is talking about is "aggrandisement, unbridled greed and ridiculous selfishness"!

You look at it yourself:
There are 22 post to be shared between the North and South.
Northerners (NE,NW, N.Central e.t.c) took half and left half (11) for we Southerners (S.W, S.E as of then)

Out of this 11 posts, Igbos took Ten (10) and left One (1) for the south West!
What will you call that? Smartness, Fairness? Justice, Love?

what about the appointments in the Only University we had in Nigeria, located in the South West?
Did you read about what happened when Igbo was the head of state and made one of their the V.C.?

What do you call that?
Smartness, Fairness? Justice, Love? Wetin sef?

why cant Igbos look themselves in the face/mirror and accept that they have done "some"wrong and acknowledge it?
Ist not a sign of defeat or weakness you know, to accept you are wrong, when you are wrong?

Why do you guys shy away from discussing such issues instead go on a tangent about hatred and such emotional things?

Thanks for your opinion.

Lastpage

3 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Remarkable: 1:55am On Jul 15, 2015
sammyj:
The Civil war is the problem between the two ethnic group!!!

but before the civil war wasn't there hot competition between the two? political, economical and otherwise... if I am not mistaken, 3SC and Rangers were pretty much west pitted against east.... free education was Awo's way of catching up with the east in education... okpara was working to make igweocha the 'lagos' of the east ... (note that I said that I could be mistaken in those assertions before you start on me)... so I think it predates the civil war that a form of competetition begun between the east and the west, Nigeria can not contain the two, it seems... its almost like a fight needs to be fought... let the two tribes agree to fight and the loser will henceforth respect the other; no help from Britain, Russia or world powers... the north, perhaps, can join the yorubas.... and if some groups in the middle belt and south south want to join the igbos, they are free to... un will call/referee the fight and the fight will be televised. Again, the rules of war will be heeded by both sides, so no ojoro, one year to prepare and map out your strategies... and one year later, the winner will ... prostrated to by the loser.

Guys I'm just kidding.

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 1:56am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

And did that prevent Nnamdi or Dipriye from owning one in the South-South or even in Lagos?

What he is talking about is "aggrandisement, unbridled greed and ridiculous selfishness"!

You look at it yourself:
Northerners (NE,NW, N.Central e.t.c) took half and left half (11) for we Southerners (S.W, S.E as of then)

what about the appointments in the Only University we had in Nigeria, located in the South West?
Did you read about what happened when Igbo was the head of state and made one of their the V.C.?

What do you call that?

why cant Igbos look themselves in the face/mirror and accept that they have done "some"wrong and acknowledge it?
Ist not a sign of defeat or weakness you know, to accept you are wrong, when you are wrong?

Why do you guys shy away from discussing such issues instead go on a tangent about hatred and such emotional things?

Thanks for your opinion.

Lastpage
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 1:57am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

You look at it yourself:

What do you call that?

Thanks for your opinion.

Lastpage

you call Lagos land of yorubas, but call the oil of Niger Delta Nigeria's...

You don't set terms and definitions for a people, strong in their millions!!

Agreed!! Lagos belongs to the Yorubas, but you should also agree Niger Delta's oil is ND's

If you don't, then LAGOS HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO BE A NO MAN'S LAND!!

5 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 1:59am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Brother, I know how you feel and i understand what it means, to listen to your "guest' planning to annihilate you on a large scale, as on a radio programme. It will never happen, God/Nature/Heavens is always on the side of those who stand for Peace and Truth.
Ala t'aja bala, inu re n'igbe!

There is a reason we are Yorubas: We are very intelligent and we dont allow "emotions" to becloud our reasoning!
Oruko ti ama'so omo eni, inu eni ni'gbe! ... Owo t'okere bayo, n'afi ngbe

I want you to relax! Calm down.
We both know Yorubas, though hate wars and are not aggressive but what happened in Ondo state during the NPN Vs. UPN political wahala is enough to be an eye opener to anyone that Yorubas are very grounded when it comes to war or defending themselves.

Having said that its a shame that some Igbos still applaud what nnamdi kanu is spewing.
Igbos talk about Genocide yet are supporting someone calling for Genocide!
What if he is arrested now, wont they say "They are picking on us" again?
Should Igbos not be the ones at the forefront of condemning such open display of aggression?

You know one Northerner asked me: What do you think Igbos would do, if they ever have the "Ultimate Power" in the Nigerian equation?
I could not answer but l mustered courage to say "We need to give them the benefit of the doubt".

I hope OMB will not only jam the signals of that hateful station but also arrest anyone encouraging Genocidal war in this country. Whoever or wherever that person comes from. Our kids cannot be allowed to be poisoned by such stewpid utterances, apologies for my language!

Let us not return hate for hate, evil for evil...... That is why we are Yorubas! That is why we are who we are, a cut above the rest

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

Bros, I think its high time we Yorubas drop that omoluabi tag and give it to these people. I dont have facebook account but had to go register one when a nairaland friend send me a page of how some peeps are discussing on how they will annihilate the Yorubas. It happens to be Nnamdi Kanu's page, its always curse and insult. When a nairalander friend said I should listen to radio biafra, I thought its a normal chest beating things yeebhoes do on nairaland with there normal bragging but was surprised when people call in to inform the director guy that they are ready to finish the Yorubas once and for all. One guy said he is angry that the director is delaying the order that he need to kill all Yorubas/Hausa so he can have rest of mind. The man have brainwashed them that Yoruba is there problem, they blame Yorubas for everything on this earth. How can you still blame Yoruba for the problem of your region when we all collect federal allocations from the Fed government. its not that Yorubas are been paid some special monthly money, I dont know how Yoruba is been blamed for the rot in there region when they also have governors and reps.

They call us coward cos we are quiet and not aggressive like the Hausa, maybe they will learn to respect us when we show them. We dont look for trouble anywhere and reason they see us as coward. They live peacefully in our land, but I now blame my people for been cool with these beast called yeebhoes. I hope you can see one of them here saying Nnamdi Kanu's call for for the killing of Yorubas is nothing, that its no big deal. I have spread there words and inform many Yoruba people in Naija to watch out for the yeebhoes. We should be at alert now and be careful, we are now enemies and we should let them know. Nnamdi Kanu is a god in Igboland for preaching genocide on Yoruba/Hausa people. They hate us and we should let them know its now mutual.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Remarkable: 2:00am On Jul 15, 2015
unstableaswater:
Any Yoruba man can wake up one morning and post any nonsense that they like and say igbo group.

Let me tell you one thing about posting a topic and replying yourself, it is the first sign of madness.

If the group is not Ohanaeze then it is not an igbo group with recognition.

OP son go and read your book and leave igbos, they are far too great for a riffraff like you.

Wetuo obi, nere nway.

onye maara ihe bu onye maara mgbe obu ime gragra na mgbe obu oge ime udo. Akwukwo nso sikwara na ihe niile nwere oge ya...

(I ma na Russia nyere Nigeria nkwado buuru uzo choo inye Biafra aka, kama ojukwu si ha ha mba na o gaghi enye ha mmanu... Nigeria kwere ihe ha mmanu, mana mgbe agha biri, Nigeria aju inye he mmanu....

so again, new amamihe, ako na uche, mara na ihe nile newere oge ya.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by nduchucks: 2:01am On Jul 15, 2015
Someone was suggesting a SNC - didn't GEJ spend about a billion naira on SNC without anything to show for it?

@OP, I'm afraid the generation of the 1966 coup plotters will have to die off before real healing can begin. 15 - 20 more years should do it.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 2:03am On Jul 15, 2015
klevjey:

you call Lagos land of yorubas, but call the oil of Niger Delta Nigeria's...

You don't set terms and definitions for a people, strong in their millions!!

Agreed!! Lagos belongs to the Yorubas, but you should also agree Niger Delta's oil is ND's

If you don't, then LAGOS HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO BE A NO MAN'S LAND!!

Sir, Is Ondo not part of ND. You guys call us parasite cos of oil but Ondo, a SW state produced more oil than the SE. Calabar was a former capital, but no one call it No man's land. There is nothing like no man's land in Nigeria, that is why we have the state of Origin in our constitution. There is also difference between Lagos state and Lagos Island.

6 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 2:05am On Jul 15, 2015
4.) That Yorubas despite being part and
parcel of Nigeria, stood aloof and did not
actively participate in the Biafran Civil war,
despite Lagos being the centre of
Government. Yorubas were 'initially
neutral' as the fight was basically
between Igbos and Northerners

Yorubas at no point in the Biafran Nigerian conflict were neutral, they were Nigerians from the onset Biafra was declared and the attacks against Biafra were being launched right from Lagos in Yorubaland by Northern military,that automatically made Yorubaland enemy land. Neutrality was simply not an option available to Yorubas.

They had too options:

1. Join the Biafrans and eliminate the Northerners from Lagos.

2. Join the Northerners and attack the East.

In the end they chose option 2. It was their right to chose any of the option, but each of the options came with consequences.

Eternal enemity with Ndiigbo is the consequence of option two. Yorubas should accept that in good fate and stop this propaganda of neutrality, cos it never happened.

6 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by hakeem4(m): 2:06am On Jul 15, 2015
Largas:
And Ifeajuna is a separate person from Ironsi. Ironsi had no hand in any coup.

The north bellowed that the coup plotters be crucified for future could plotters to learn lessons. pray tell me why Buhari, Abacha, Ibrahim Babangida, bastard T. Y. Danjuma and other coup plotters of Northern origin are yet to be crucified today?

Presently, they are one of the richest Nigerians who amassed wealth from Niger delta oil to the detriment of niger deltans. This same people and their tribesmen will deceive some gullible Niger deltans that Igbos want only their oil Wells where as Igbos are ready to discuss terms of MARRIAGE in a Biafran Republic with with the Niger deltans. are In a zoo. A lawless entity.
but what the northerners saw was an igbo coup because no Igbo leader was affected and another became the head of state + making all his co-workers IGbos only and the natural behaviour of the IGbos .... They always have this pride

After the hausa's retaliated ... They made a middle beltan and even a Christian the leader
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 2:12am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Sir, Is Ondo not part of ND. You guys call us parasite cos of oil but Ondo, a SW state produced more oil than the SE. Calabar was a former capital, but no one call it No man's land. There is nothing like no man's land in Nigeria, that is why we have the state of Origin in our constitution. There is also difference between Lagos state and Lagos Island.

There is nothing like no man's land, but there is state of origin aabi?? Like I typed, you don't quote laws for others to follow..if u say Lagos belongs to Lagos and not Nigeria, hence other tribes should 'behave' in Lagos, then we tell you our oil belongs to us..and we want resource control!$!

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Remarkable: 2:12am On Jul 15, 2015
Stolen:

Yorubas care about tribe, they are the most tribalistic group in Nigeria. Have u seen any King in Nigeria before threaten to murder and dump an entire tribe in Lagos Lagoon? Yoruba Lagos Oba did right in the presence of igbo dignitary and his guest.

Did you watch the video? is that the tone someone that is angry uses to sound a warning?

After threatening us, they create a thread to settle difference with our corpse or ghost. Yorubas should go and die.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 2:15am On Jul 15, 2015
5.) That Ojukwu in his military
'calculations and strategy', tried to force
Yorubas into the war, thinking he was
trying to open a second front and thereby
'stretch' the Nigerian Army. He also
wanted a psychological blow on the
federal govt by attacking Lagos. As a kid,
l remember him attacking and bombing
the Casino Cinema, at Alagomeji, in Lagos
mainland.

I have always heard Yorubas speak of Biafrans attacking Lagos, I wish Biafrans were able to attack Lagos, but the fact remains that that never happened, Biafran led Army was stopped at Ore by Nigerians, sabotaged by Banjo, probably because the Yorubas were not eager for the Northerners to be eliminated from Lagos after all. Awo was only bluffing.

Ojukwu match to Lagos was obviously and prompted by Awo's posture of being inability to eliminate the Northern soldiers from the West being the reason why he couldn't declare Odua republic, and the fact that the Northerners were headquartered at Lagos.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 2:18am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:
2.) That the Yorubas made it known to
Ojukwu that they were not ready to go
into a secession war as at that time
because they were not ready militarily,
were already surrounded by Northern
populated military garrisons and to go to
war at that point will be sheer suicide
Every leader has a 'right and duty' to
protect the survival of its people, you will
agree. Awolowo did just that

Awo said should Biafra secede that the West will do the same, he did make mention of Northern soldiers stationed in Lagos.The west wasn't ready to join the East to liberate Lagos of Northern soldiers, but it was well ready to join Arewa in her match to the East. ( Of course this is the point you tell me the clock and bull story of the west remaining neutral until Banjo match to Ore leading Biafran forces, right?)

Awo not only didn't secede when the East seceded, he teamed up with the North to fight against the East, and would even suggest the use of starvation as a weapon of war. Awo didn't stop there, he would go on to suggest the 20 pounds policy against Ndiigbo after the war.
For a man who never believed in one Nigeria, Awo broke so many records to keep Nigeria one.

Of course, Awo's duty is the safety of Yorubas first, but if you achieve that safety on the blood of another, you shouldn't expect anything short of eternal enemity from such group.

Let us assume what you posted is the true version of events (which it is not) three questions come to mind:

1.) Why would Biafra or Ojukwu predicate his success on the actions of another region seceding?

2.) if he knew he cant win unless he gets the support of Yorubas (by them also seceding) why cant he just surrender and recant his words (okay we wont secede anymore but we need a better deal), instead of going-on headlong into the war, when he knew he cant win since the Yorubas have decided it was "foolhardy and suicidal" to do it at that point in time?

3.) Does it not appear to you that Ojukwu and Igbos decided their own fate by continuing the process of Biafranisation (even as some of you still do today) when it was obvious the support he envisaged was crucial but not forthcoming?
Should you now blame your failure to "critically analyze the situation" and make a decision that is "in the best interest of your people" ...on another tribe?

Again, you mean the "West" should be stewpid enough to "allow Igbos to help them liberate Lagos of Northern soldiers" by making their homeland A THEATRE OF WAR AND THE ATTENDANT DESTRUCTION?
What you proposed to the West is silly because we could (and have) achieve the same thing a few years later, without destroying our enclave or sending millions of our people to an early grave.

If you cant see the wisdom in that, then .....*** you must think we are just mouthing when we say we have "superior intelligence"!

*We never joined the Northerners until you guys matched Westwards as far as Oore town, a few kilometers from Ijebu Ode, next to Lagos!
*We reminded you time after time, that you are threatening our survival when you were bombing Lagos!
*We gave you enough time to direct your artillery "Northwards" ...towards the North that you have a beef with but you were willing to "bite more than you can chew" and did not "critically analyze the situation" you are leading yourselves into ..... just as you are doing now in 2015!
*Maybe you took our "warmness" for cowardice, just as yo are still doing now..... but we had no choice than to prove you wrong!
*Moreso, Awolowo was a "Nigerian" in as much as secession was concerned and he served "his fatherland" meritoriously till the end of the war. Same cannot be said of Ojukwu, for his "fatherland Biafra"!

Yet you are not even honest enough to blame yourselves for your own actions!

I have explained the rationale behind the "Food and Monetary policies" in those war times and they cannot be faulted by any objective mind.

Having cleared the above, the war is over, get over it NOW!
We are about reconciliation and forgiveness here.

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 2:20am On Jul 15, 2015
klevjey:

There is nothing like no man's land, but there is state of origin aabi?? Like I typed, you don't quote laws for others to follow..if u say Lagos belongs to Lagos and not Nigeria, hence other tribes should 'behave' in Lagos, then we tell you our oil belongs to us..and we want resource control!$!

Listen again, Ondo is an Oil producing state and its a Yoruba state. So which oil are you talking about again? No land in Nigeria is no man's land, we all have state of Origin. Can you receive Lagos state bursary when you were in school cos you lived there? Be honest

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 15, 2015
hakeem4:
but what the northerners saw was an igbo coup because no Igbo leader was affected and another became the head of state + making all his co-workers IGbos only and the natural behaviour of the IGbos .... They always have this pride

After the hausa's retaliated ... They made a middle beltan and even a Christian the leader
The northerners saw It as an Igbo coup neglecting the couple of yoruba and even northern soldiers caught up during the investigation of the failed January 1966 coup. doesn't that disqualify the tag 'igbo coup'?

nevertheless, you have failed to answer why there is double standard by the northerners on 5th case of prosecuting coup plotters like danjuma, babangida, abacha and Buhari.

I also want you to answer me why the 3Rs: reconstruction, réconciliation and réhabilitation started at Lagos where no property was destroyed, neglecting the East which was the battlefield that witnessed aerial bombardment, starvation answering economic meltdown.

You have failed to answer why the South east have lowest number of states, senators and representatives at the lower chamber of the House, in a bid to ensure they are marginalised and never resurge to implement policies favouring their war torn zone. In a bid to deny them equity, fairness and justice. why do they have lowest number of federal presence since 1970?

I can go on and on and on. people have resorted to Biafra because they are tired of being neglected 45years after the civil war wars imply cause they lost.

If Nigeria seriously want them to end Biafra agitation. then they must be treated fairly like the rest of Nigeria. or you conduct referendum so they so they determine if they should go seek equity, justice and fairness in a new country of theirs.

4 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 2:23am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Listen again, Ondo is an Oil producing state and its a Yoruba state. So which oil are you talking about again? No land in Nigeria is no man's land, we all have state of Origin. Can you receive Lagos state bursary when you were in school cos you lived there? Be honest

Listen to me, those laws were created by the white men in the zoo..and those laws aren't favouring us..That's y we r creating our own!!

Hausa and Yoruba can't make law for Igbo and Niger Delta..For what reason?

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Remarkable: 2:24am On Jul 15, 2015
Mckennedy:

until yorubas apologise for all igbo treasury they looted and at the end of the civil war,, don't forget igbos were giving £20 only no matter how much millions you may have banked with Nigerian bank provided you're an igbo..Secondly the idea of food blockade instigated by Awolowo is another food for thought,, yorubas should put pride away and apologise to igbos on all these issues , less I forget last time I checked Fashola deported igbos from lagos,Oba Akiolu treating to dump them in the lagoon,so where are your love??.until the sovereignty of the disposes people are addressed there will never be peace.

... Fashola deported more than ten (10( times more to other SW states... If a Hausa or another non-Igbo group had visited the oba prior to the election... would he not have said the same thing? I like your idea though of an apology though, because it seems, it actually is, as far as nl goes anyways, that its the yorubas that gloat more about the war...

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 2:24am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Listen to me, those laws were created by the white men in the zoo..and those laws aren't favouring us..That's y we r creating our own!!

Hausa and Yoruba can't make law for Igbo and Niger Delta..For what reason? Lagos is a no man's land..and if u don't like it so, then recognise Niger Delta's oil as ND's!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 2:25am On Jul 15, 2015
[s]
pazienza:
5.) That Ojukwu in his military
'calculations and strategy', tried to force
Yorubas into the war, thinking he was
trying to open a second front and thereby
'stretch' the Nigerian Army. He also
wanted a psychological blow on the
federal govt by attacking Lagos. As a kid,
l remember him attacking and bombing
the Casino Cinema, at Alagomeji, in Lagos
mainland.

I have always heard Yorubas speak of Biafrans attacking Lagos, I wish Biafrans were able to attack Lagos, but the fact remains that that never happened, Biafran led Army was stopped at Ore by Nigerians, sabotaged by Banjo, probably because the Yorubas were not eager for the Northerners to be eliminated from Lagos after all. Awo was only bluffing.

Ojukwu match to Lagos was obviously and prompted by Awo's posture of being inability to eliminate the Northern soldiers from the West being the reason why he couldn't declare Odua republic, and the fact that the Northerners were headquartered at Lagos.
[/s]

You yeebhoes are the most useless and worthless people on earth. God knows. Imagine this beast saying Banjo sabotaged there struggle all because the guy is a Yoruba man. You beasts were on the defensive all through the war, your only offensive was led by this same Banjo you are now denigrating here. He was killed by that paedophile coward called Ojuku, Yaebhoes would have been crying till date if its a Yoruba that killed another yeebhoe that way. You beast insult Wole Soyinka daily and curse him yet he was jailed cos of your rubbish biafra. I hope sane Yoruba's can see this people are beast and animals in human skin. They are very selfish and will always twist anything to favor them. Spit on you all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 2:26am On Jul 15, 2015
Remarkable:

but before the civil war wasn't there hot competition between the two? political, economical and otherwise... if I am not mistaken, 3SC and Rangers were pretty much west pitted against east.... free education was Awo's way of catching up with the east in education... okpara was working to make igweocha the 'lagos' of the east ... (note that I said that I could be mistaken in those assertions before you start on me)... so I think it predates the civil war that a form of competetition begun between the east and the west, Nigeria can not contain the two, it seems... its almost like a fight needs to be fought... let the two tribes agree to fight and the loser will henceforth respect the other; no help from Britain, Russia or world powers... the north, perhaps, can join the yorubas.... and if some groups in the middle belt and south south want to join the igbos, they are free to... un will call/referee the fight and the fight will be televised. Again, the rules of war will be heeded by both sides, so no ojoro, one year to prepare and map out your strategies... and one year later, the winner will ... prostrated to by the loser.

Guys I'm just kidding.
You are mistaken Sir, Those issues were not what caused the war.
Naturally, there will be competition between nations, even Ijebus compete with Ibadan and Egba, within Yoruba nationality but it is a healthy competition.

The cause of the war was as l have chronicled it in my fifteen point post on page one.
*Hausas feel bad about igbos in their midst. They kill them (hence my use of the phrase "not the least accommodating"wink. They still do it till today!
*Igbos retaliated in that very genocidal Coup that put such crimes on a National scale!
Individuals killing individuals.... is different from one nationality erasing all the "Political and military leaders" of another and then installing themselves in their place!
*The Northerners retaliated in similar fashion.
*Igbos could take it no more and decide to secede!
*Northerners said you aint going no-where, not now! => CIVIL WAR

If anyone tells you anything different, call them LIARS! They are lying to you.
I have no reason to lie to you on the cause, it changes nothing

Notice that the word Yoruba did not even show face in the process until the war was really in its second year

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 2:27am On Jul 15, 2015
[s]
klevjey:

Hausa and Yoruba can't make law for Igbo and Niger Delta..For what reason? Lagos is a no man's land..and if u don't like it so, then recognise Niger Delta's oil as ND's!
[/s]

Its obvious you are a kid. Which oil are you talking about? Ondo state produce oil and its also Niger Delta. Who are you to talk about Oil when Ondo state also produce Oil. You can only do your shakara to the North that dont produce oil at all. ONDO state is a Yoruba state that produce oil, get that into your head bro.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Florence Ita-giwa Defects From APC To PDP, Backs Ayade For 2nd Term / Guidelines On Easing Of Lockdown In The FCT / Peter Obi, Others Lose Abuja Lands, As Wike Revokes 167 Plots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.