Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

"Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder (30758 Views)

Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Told Me – Orji Kalu / Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Should Have Done – Al-mustapha / Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

I am trying to understand you perfectly Sir!

*Are you saying it was a "mere coincidence" that all the Coupist were Igbos? (maybe they are the only ones in the military then, huh?)
*That it was a mere coincidence that ALL Northern Political and Decorated Top Military officers of Northern extraction were murdered, including Tafawa Balewa
*That it was mere coincidence that Ironsi became the Head of state of an Igbo Coup and within a short time, all Federal appointments seems to "fall into Igbo hands"? ....as exemplified by what happened in University of Ibadan?
grin grin

That is one coincidence too many Bros! shocked shocked

My Blodder, the war is over and we are in 2015.
undecided undecided

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!
You keep posting lies and expect sane men to take you serious.

* Not all the January 1966 coupists were igbos. There were some yoruba and northern soldiers involved.
* The coup failed. Hence civilian governors in eastern and mid western regions were not eliminated. They were five majors. Nzeogwu up north, Ifeajuna in West. In the north it was successful because because it because it was because it was well planned and laid out. Major chude-sokkei was one of coup plotters alongside ifeajuna and nzeogwu. He was to to eliminate the eastern and and Midwestern premiers. osadebey, akanu-ibiam and Michael okpara. major chude-sokkei however was sent to India for training few months to execution of the coup. Hence a young inexperienced soldier not up to rank of Major was recruited to finish off what chude left, that was lieutenant oguchi. Oguchi held Okpara on house arrest, afterward at the radio station he declared the government overthrown. He awaited further instruction from lagos until troops sent by Ironsi came for his arrest. dude was so unprofessional that that he never sent troops to Benin. Be informed. The coup failed in East as a result of unprofessionalism and not whatever rubbish you posted up there.

* Like I said, Ironsi was most senior officer and felt it right to use strength of military to calm the country. I never said it was coincidence. Please do not misinterpret my posts. Like I said. It was not an Igbo coup. Lieutenant John kpera was a northerner and became Benue state military governor in Babangida regime.( he was not made to die unlike Nzeogwu and co simply for he was a northerner, shame!!) also, Major ademoyega was a yoruba. In the in the words of Major Kaduna nzeogwu. The soldiers he led to assasinate ahmadu bello was "truly nigerian gathering". Meaning nigerians from different tribes were were there. (read his his interview his interview with Ejindu in 1967 before the war just as he left enugu prison.

* Ironsi appointed people he he felt were best at the moment. Buhari has not not appointed any igbo man. You no go talk. If I go man do am person no go hear word.

In PGEJ's voice, continu.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Emilokoiyawon: 4:43am On Jul 15, 2015
Remarkable:

Wetuo obi, nere nway.

onye maara ihe bu onye maara mgbe obu ime gragra na mgbe obu oge ime udo. Akwukwo nso sikwara na ihe niile nwere oge ya...

(I ma na Russia nyere Nigeria nkwado buuru uzo choo inye Biafra aka, kama ojukwu si ha ha mba na o gaghi enye ha mmanu... Nigeria kwere ihe ha mmanu, mana mgbe agha biri, Nigeria aju inye he mmanu....

so again, new amamihe, ako na uche, mara na ihe nile newere oge ya.

Most Igbos have moved on about this Biafra issue - but its never too far away from the surface. However, if it must truly be achieved it must be done right (aka diplomatically) not by a senseless civil war that originates from SW and spreads across the country. You are right, the bible says there is time for everything. And I believe in the future whatever decision Ndigbo makes will be done in peace. War is not the answer - the reality is that another war at this point in history will not favor Ndigbo because you guys are the most traveled across Nigeria. There was a time when the Igbos would be advised to 'Choo ewu ojii ka chi di' since 'Oge adighi eche mmadu' however those days are gone. Now its time to be diplomatic, intelligent and patient. I am Yoruba and I must, to be honest, say that ,in my opinion, Igbos are making a colossal and needless mistake in the way and manner they interact in Lagos/Yoruba politics. Yorubas value diplomacy and intellect - the Igbos who have made it in South West have done so by appealing to this very nature. Igbos in the SW should take their cues from these Igbos rather than from rabble rousers and tribal inciters - A tuoro omara, o mara, a tuoro ofeke, o fenye ishi nohia. True wisdom will be attaining Biafra peacefully and still get to own/keep properties and travel/trade with other parts of Nigeria be it SW, N or SS. Stay away from people who are calling for blood, they will gladly shed your blood to satisfy their own lust. Kachifo.

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Emilokoiyawon: 4:53am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:
4.) That Yorubas despite being part and
parcel of Nigeria, stood aloof and did not
actively participate in the Biafran Civil war,
despite Lagos being the centre of
Government. Yorubas were 'initially
neutral' as the fight was basically
between Igbos and Northerners

Yorubas at no point in the Biafran Nigerian conflict were neutral, they were Nigerians from the onset Biafra was declared and the attacks against Biafra were being launched right from Lagos in Yorubaland by Northern military,that automatically made Yorubaland enemy land. Neutrality was simply not an option available to Yorubas.

They had too options:

1. Join the Biafrans and eliminate the Northerners from Lagos.

2. Join the Northerners and attack the East.

In the end they chose option 2. It was their right to chose any of the option, but each of the options came with consequences.

Eternal enemity with Ndiigbo is the consequence of option two. Yorubas should accept that in good fate and stop this propaganda of neutrality, cos it never happened.

grin grin grin You even do list (1 and 2 grin grin). Chai my guy opolo eye no be open eye. You no sharp at all. You are declaring tribal ETERNAL ENEMITY at this point in Nigeria's history. You never grow at all -O na abu a si nwata wuba ahu, o saba afo ya. grin grin grin
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Dollyak(f): 5:07am On Jul 15, 2015
Largas:
The northerners saw It as an Igbo coup neglecting the couple of yoruba and even northern soldiers caught up during the investigation of the failed January 1966 coup. doesn't that disqualify the tag 'igbo coup'?

nevertheless, you have failed to answer why there is double standard by the northerners on 5th case of prosecuting coup plotters like danjuma, babangida, abacha and Buhari.

I also want you to answer me why the 3Rs: reconstruction, réconciliation and réhabilitation started at Lagos where no property was destroyed, neglecting the East which was the battlefield that witnessed aerial bombardment, starvation answering economic meltdown.

You have failed to answer why the South east have lowest number of states, senators and representatives at the lower chamber of the House, in a bid to ensure they are marginalised and never resurge to implement policies favouring their war torn zone. In a bid to deny them equity, fairness and justice. why do they have lowest number of federal presence since 1970?

I can go on and on and on. people have resorted to Biafra because they are tired of being neglected 45years after the civil war wars imply cause they lost.

If Nigeria seriously want them to end Biafra agitation. then they must be treated fairly like the rest of Nigeria. or you conduct referendum so they so they determine if they should go seek equity, justice and fairness in a new country of theirs.
I am not the biggest fan of biafra, but the point you have up there is valid. Hence why I think they need to be addressed. I will always maintain the needs to address some fundamental issues like this before we move forward as a nation.
The agitation for baifra is understandable though they are going about it the wrong way.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by ogba20: 5:09am On Jul 15, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:
Now watch the Biafrans rain on your parade OP. Those are the real instigators right there.
. Am nt an igbo man, with respect to what happen in dis past general election i must say that the yoruba are betretals, take it or leave it. Green snake in a green grass.

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 5:23am On Jul 15, 2015
Largas:

You keep posting lies and expect sane men to take you serious.

* Not all the January 1966 coupists were igbos. There were some yoruba and northern soldiers involved.
* The coup failed. Hence civilian governors in eastern and mid western regions were not eliminated.

The reason this bad blood still festers is because some of you are living in denial, a sort delusion grandeur!
You argue like the "outcome of the war" depends on it!

Below is a list of the "Masterminds" of that Coup:
1.) Major KAduna Nzeogwu (Igbo)
2.) Major Timothhy Onwuatuegbuw (Igbo)
3.) Emmanuel Ifeajuna (Igbo)
4.) Maj. Chris Anuforo (Igbo)
5.) Major Don Okafor (Igbo)
6.) Maj. Adewale Ademoyega (Yoruba)
7.) Maj. Humphrey Chukwukah (Igbo)
cool Capt Emmanuel Nwobosi (igbo)
9.) Capt ben Gbulie (Igbo)
10) Capt. Ogbu Orji (Igbo).

So out of ten coup plotters, 9 are Igbos. (90%) and you say it is not an Igbo Coup?
Co-opting one Yoruba into it does not change anything!
where are the "some" Northern and Yoruba soldiers you are talking about?

And by mere coincidence, the plotters killed all the Top "Military and Political" Northern leaders, .....leaving no single Igbo military or political leader dead? shocked shocked
By mere coincidence, the ONLY PLACE it was well planned, was in the North! grin grin
Are you for real?
Even Ironsi, who is Igbo was the one that decided he had to use "military coup" to "CALM the tension in the country and he did so with entirely Igbo cabinet, those are the only people he could trust!! LMAO! grin grin

You guys like to deceive yourselves and you fabricate a thousand excuses why you are never responsible for your own part of the shenanigans!

This is why we are still where we are today, 2015.

But fabricating stories is not the interest of this thread.
We want to see how future generations at least, can learn and move-on with what happened, as the Igbo organisation that threw the olive branch suggested.

Thanks for your opinion, sane man!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by arsetalks(m): 5:26am On Jul 15, 2015
unstableaswater:
Any Yoruba man can wake up one morning and post any nonsense that they like and say igbo group.

Let me tell you one thing about posting a topic and replying yourself, it is the first sign of madness.

If the group is not Ohanaeze then it is not an igbo group with recognition.

OP son go and read your book and leave igbos, they are far too great for a riffraff like you.

You? This I exactly the problem with many ( not all), you are so uneducated it is unreal. It I an embarrassment in fact.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 5:28am On Jul 15, 2015
ogba20:
. Am nt an igbo man, with respect to what happen in dis past general election i must say that the yoruba are betretals, take it or leave it. Green snake in a green grass.

Thats nice coming from someone who is not Igbo.

BTW, what are you? Yoruba or Northerner abi u be Alien! grin grin

You mean voting out a government that was deemed not performing is betrayal?
What will you them call sticking to something/method that has failed for the last six years? Cow/Herd mentality or tribalism?

But this thread is not even about what happened in the last general election only.
It is about a request that "sane people" should find a way to make Nigerians work together instead of pulling at each others throat, especially between Igbos and Yorubas.

Gerrit?

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 5:35am On Jul 15, 2015
As l suggested yesterday,

olillywales:

FEDERAL GOVT BANS RADIO BIAFRA

The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Information, Dr. Sade Yemi-Esan, on Tuesday said the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation has succeeded in stopping the signal of Radio Biafra because it was not licensed.

Yemi-Esan disclosed this to State House correspondents shortly after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari of her ministry’s activities inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

She said the commission was currently working with security agencies to apprehend those behind the illegal radio.

She said, “We also gave a report on Radio Biafra. Right now, the signals from the radio have been jammed successfully by the NBC. The commission is also working with security agencies to get those that are behind that radio because it is an illegal radio. It is not licensed by anybody to be on the airwaves in Nigeria.”

She added that the President had directed her ministry to put machinery in place to end the scourge of piracy in the nation’s movie industry.

She said the President gave a clear directive that the ministry must work hard to ensure that film producers get what is due to them. “The President raised concerns about piracy in Nollywood and he has instructed us to work harder to ensure that the producers of Nollywood films get what is due to them and that we reduce piracy to the barest minimum,” she said.

She added that the President frowned at some media houses that are in the habit of owing salaries.

She said Buhari saw the development as not too good for the country.

She said, “I think it was last week that one of the newspapers was shut down because of non-payment of salaries. I think that should not be heard of in a country like Nigeria.

“Mr. President frowns on things like that, the welfare of every Nigerian, especially journalists is one of the major concerns that we have.”

The Permanent Secretary said the President wanted the ministry to intensify publicity because of his desire that every Nigerian should know about policies and programmes of his government.

She said they also talked about external publicity and the possibility of re-opening the federal information services abroad.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/nigeria-broadcasting-commission-finally.html

we cant allow some faceless Radio station to be spewing hatred into the ears of our young children.
we will get there, step by step.

Lastpage!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Dollyak(f): 6:09am On Jul 15, 2015
First and foremost, a big respect to lastpage for this
initiative. I respect you and T8ksy knowledge about Nigeria's history. Your diplomatic approach is top notch and admirable Sir.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 6:14am On Jul 15, 2015
Dollyak:
First and foremost, a big respect to lastpage for this
initiative. I respect you and T8ksy knowledge about Nigeria's history. Your diplomatic approach is top notch and admirable Sir.

It is our pleasure M'aam but we take no credit for it. That T8sky na ogbonge pas sme o! undecided

The credit goes to all of us, we just want to live peacefully with ourselves and debunk these distrust and rabble-rousing from our Brothers!

Thanks for your own opinion.

Lastpage!

BTW: Its still funny that that Igbo Mod refused to display this thread on front page despite going five pages throughput the whole night yet the other one by Igbo person was promptly displayed!
-Small time now, "it" go ban me like say na me take im husband! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Dollyak(f): 6:22am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

It is our pleasure M'aam but we take no credit for it. That T8sky na ogbonge pas sme o! undecided

The credit goes to all of us, we just want to live peacefully with ourselves and debunk these distrust and rabble-rousing from our Brothers!

Thanks for your own opinion.

Lastpage!

BTW: Its still funny that that Igbo Mod refused to display this thread on front page despite going five pages throughput the whole night yet the other one by Igbo person was promptly displayed!
-Small time now, "it" go ban me like say na me take im husband! grin grin
Lalasticlala is really fair and I am sure he will put this on front page when he wakes up. No doubt, this deserve a front page.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 6:27am On Jul 15, 2015
Saw this on the other thread and reproduced it here Credits to the owner.

rashylous:
MESSAGE TO ALL IGBO YOUTHS
"......!!!!Ndigbo wake up!!!!!!!..
We want federal appointments but we don't want federal prisoners transferred to our south east prisons.
We want Senate presidency yet we hate APC and didn't vote for APC.
We want to produce Nigerian President yet we want Biafra republic.
We want to rule Nigeria yet we aren't united.
We say northerners hate us yet we remain in the north despite the bombings.
We call President buhari a boko haram yet we want him to develop igboland.
We want to secede from Nigeria forcefully yet we keep investing all over Nigeria.
We want our sons and daughters appointed into key positions in the buhari govt yet we fight Rochas okorocha and Sen Chris Ngige.
Una think say power na Free drink? Who is deceiving who?
Ndigbo, we are the cause of our problems. I remain Honourable Victor Ezendigbo alias Radio without battery 93.1FM reporting from Adazi ani, Anambra state."
~ Honourable Victor Ezendigbo
MY TAKE
Ndigbo don't know what they want. They continue to confuse themselves. The old generations poison the minds of the new generations. If they continue like this, they shall become more irrelevant in Nigeria politics. I hope and pray they get their ass together. Hopefully they produce a president in the nearest future.
# NigeriaMustGetItRight

The above is why we cannot afford to keep fighting because all the baove will NEVER HAPPEN unless Igbos and Yorubas UNITE and live together as one.

or do you think l am mistaken?

Lastpage!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 15, 2015
CHM11:

Your bolded will most likely work. Problem will only arise when the igbos try to claim oil/gas producing lands in the SS. I believe that's why the Biafra dream failed the first time. Nigeria and Biafra fought for the Oil discovered in the SS region, a non igbo, non yoruba and non hausa minority people.
God bless you CHM11

The Igbo re just fighting For Biafra so only them will have access to our resources. greedy fellows. Why Nigeria on the other hand are fighting to keep the resources within there control.

That why we need to come out and say We want Niger Delta Republic, Or better still a country with Edo, Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri, Ilaje will be better the reason I added ilaje is bcous there languages is 80% itsekiri.

or One Nigeria
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Very true, that is why l threw it open, while requesting for MATURED PUBLIC OPINION! grin grin grin

Is that all you can contribute?

o'dikwa very big, resounding and informative! undecided undecided undecided

Thanks for such a huge contribution.

Lastpage!

Have u ever tried to teach an engineering student integration n differenciaton 1 day before exam

If u have, u will understand why I can't say much to her.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Mcowubaba: 6:50am On Jul 15, 2015
tiger28:
My deep deeper deepest dislike towards Igbos was borne out of (1) Their audacity to claim that lagos is a no man's land. Only a BASTARD will deny his/her region and die over another man's land. The worst of it all?with all the MANY tribes that live in lagos, ONLY igbos are the ones killing themselves over lagos (2a) igbos public charade during the Lagos gubernatorial election . Imagine these people DEMANDED for an IGBO DEPUTY GOVERNOR?(no other tribe has ever demanded for their tribe to be deputy governor of any igbo state,they will NEVER do so because only BASTARDS die over another man's land)hence their double loss in the elections relegated them further down to 5th class citizens (2b) igbos asking the Lagos State government to start celebrating their new yam festival like Yorubas celebrate Eyo festival in lagos.Imagine? My dislike will never change as long as they keep disrespecting their host ALL over the world e.g South Africa,Malaysia.The easiest thing is to give them their Biafra so P square and phyno can only perform in owerri or else they will need a visa.
Flawed logic....
In as much I don't support some of the ambiguous requests made by "some" Igbos..
Nw let's look @ it logically..
Igbo has the 2nd largest population in Lagos (Yoruba being the 1st)- so it is based on this fact, that "some" igbos feel the should to an extent enjoy "some/same" privileges with their Yoruba counterparts..that's just it...
Have u heard Igbos in any other Southwest state request 4 anything NO...bcuz the don't have significant number nd "economic importance"
Abt lagos being a no mans land- a lot of arguments, debates, facts has been discussed nd analysed abt that..let us not go into that!!!!
Abt Psquare, Phyno e.t.c- that is absolute laughable, do u even knw wat is secession/referendum, do u think if Biafra is Reality today, all Igbos in lagos will leave their houses nd business 4 ur people cheesy think again
Won't biafra be in ECOWAS undecided..u dey use Visa go Benin, Ivory coast, Ghana eh ..
Lil wayne that is far away in USA, doesn't he have massive fan base in Nigeria...I don't think u knw much abt Entertainment Business, so lemme 4give u cheesy
Nd oga easy with the Bastard calling, Lastpage create this thread 4 a good purpose...pls stop d insult..

Ps.. I am not a Biafra supporter!!!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:
4.) That Yorubas despite being part and
parcel of Nigeria, stood aloof and did not
actively participate in the Biafran Civil war,
despite Lagos being the centre of
Government. Yorubas were 'initially
neutral' as the fight was basically
between Igbos and Northerners

Yorubas at no point in the Biafran Nigerian conflict were neutral, they were Nigerians from the onset Biafra was declared and the attacks against Biafra were being launched right from Lagos in Yorubaland by Northern military,that automatically made Yorubaland enemy land. Neutrality was simply not an option available to Yorubas.

They had too options:

1. Join the Biafrans and eliminate the Northerners from Lagos.

2. Join the Northerners and attack the East.

In the end they chose option 2. It was their right to chose any of the option, but each of the options came with consequences.

Eternal enemity with Ndiigbo is the consequence of option two. Yorubas should accept that in good fate and stop this propaganda of neutrality, cos it never happened.

The emboldened already puts your conjectural BS to rest. Like the average ibo, logic is not your forte, only emotions.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 15, 2015
barcanista:
I am happy that Igbos and Yorubas are seeing so much reasons why there should be peace. We need Igbo/Yoruba unity to achieve growth in this country. I think we all should allow the events of 1967-70 behind us and forge a new phase of our relationship.

God Bless the BIG THREE (Igbo-Yoruba-Hausa)! God bless the other ethnic minorities(but equal in Nigeria). Most importantly, God Bless the Great Ijaw Nation.

Chai the way this guy matured nor b small.
pleasing Yoruba and Igbo E biggot at thesame time.

Lolz..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:
5.) That Ojukwu in his military
'calculations and strategy', tried to force
Yorubas into the war, thinking he was
trying to open a second front and thereby
'stretch' the Nigerian Army. He also
wanted a psychological blow on the
federal govt by attacking Lagos. As a kid,
l remember him attacking and bombing
the Casino Cinema, at Alagomeji, in Lagos
mainland.

I have always heard Yorubas speak of Biafrans attacking Lagos, I wish Biafrans were able to attack Lagos, but the fact remains that that never happened, Biafran led Army was stopped at Ore by Nigerians, sabotaged by Banjo, probably because the Yorubas were not eager for the Northerners to be eliminated from Lagos after all. Awo was only bluffing.

Ojukwu match to Lagos was obviously and prompted by Awo's posture of being inability to eliminate the Northern soldiers from the West being the reason why he couldn't declare Odua republic, and the fact that the Northerners were headquartered at Lagos.

This is one of our opposing genetic make ups.

What kind of leader takes his folks into war knowing well enough his territory is under heavy military occupation?

Do you guys ever reflect on Ojuwu's error of declaring a war he knows his team holds its shorter end of the stick?

We assess situations before taking risks, this is why an average Yoruba man would rather stay in his enclaves than go where he may not likely make it - you call it cowardice.

For y'all, you jump into anything and anything blindly without assessment and then get burnt and point fingers - you call this bravery.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by ApcSucks: 7:01am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Jerry, You are a little kid and from Edo state. Southwest state called Ondo produce oil and its part of the Niger Delta, I dont care if oil is no man's oil, thats your own problem. You can only throw that insult to the North since they dont produce any oil, the yaeboes and the SW produce oil so whats your problem?

Pendy ur always found in tribalism thread what kind of human are you? Child of hate and backwardness olukwu

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Mcowubaba: 7:03am On Jul 15, 2015
Goodboiyy:

God bless you CHM11

The Igbo re just fighting For Biafra so only them will have access to our resources. greedy fellows. Why Nigeria on the other hand are fighting to keep the resources within there control.

That why we need to come out and say We want Niger Delta Republic, Or better still a country with Edo, Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri, Ilaje will be better the reason I added ilaje is bcous there languages is 80% itsekiri.

or One Nigeria
What makes me pissed off, is when I see the type of silly comment!!!
Out of 5 Igbo State, 3 has oil...nd out of that 3, 2 (Imo nd Abia) are already among the NDDC states nd get oil allocations/derivation (can't remember the name of the allocation now)
So in ur pawpaw mind, Igbos are the 1s in dying need of ur "so-called oil"..a tribe that has OIL ALREADY!!!
Pls State where nd when the agitators of Biafra in Recent times has "begged" or "Forced" the Southsouth to join the Struggle Tell me
The point is that many of your kind, don't even have an in-depth knowledge abt Biafra!!! Nd are quick to jump into hasty conclusions!!
Even this oil thing self...
Many Great Countries of the World don't produce or have Oil cheesy
China, England, Germany, Spain, Japan, Singapore e.t.c get Oil
Even the USA u hear, only recently started utilising their own Oil resources....
Don't lay over emphasis on Oil....without other countries buying it 4rm u, u are doomed!!!
Let there just be a new efficient source of energy, na una go drink dat una oil..abeggii..NEXT!!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 7:07am On Jul 15, 2015
Mcowubaba:

Flawed logic....
In as much I don't support some of the ambiguous requests made by "some" Igbos..
Nw let's look @ it logically..
Igbo has the 2nd largest population in Lagos (Yoruba being the 1st)- so it is based on this fact, that "some" igbos feel the should to an extent enjoy "some/same" privileges with their Yoruba counterparts..that's just it...
Have u heard Igbos in any other Southwest state request 4 anything NO...bcuz the don't have significant number nd "economic importance"

Nd oga easy with the Bastard calling, Lastpage create this thread 4 a good purpose...pls stop d insult..

Ps.. I am not a Biafra supporter!!!

U talk well Bros.

Are you aware that Lagos Fashola was the first to have an Igbo State Commissioner?
Are you aware that there are a few LGA Chairmen of Igbo origin in Lagos state?

Going by percentage of total population, Igbos are less than 10% of Lagos population (Dont foget Lagos has five divisions, as far as Epe!)

dont you think Lagos and Yorubas are generous on that account or less say "accommodating" to that effect?

How many Yoruba Commissioners do we have in the Eastern state?

But that is not even the point.
The main thing is to show appreciation to your host, to "arrange them" (as in Aponle) such that they feel honored and not to get into a confrontational attitude with them.
This will go a long way in ensuring that you are sure-footed in their domain as they will not be looking over their shoulders and wondering what next you intend to grab!
....and if we go by antecedents of the Igbo then back, when they had the Ultimate Power as Head of state of Nigeria, Bros, it was a bit scary o! shocked shocked

Having said that, we are now in 2015 and our efforts should be focused on "re-assuring ourselves, integrating ourselves, breaking down barriers" yet some are still shouting Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu is still shouting and inciting Igbos to kill Yorubas anywhere they find them in the East.
Has he forgotten that a lot of Igbos also live in the South West?

Anyway, we are going to encourage all Igbos who have "faith in this Olive Branch and believe in EQUITY" to take a leap of faith.
We have die-hards within us as well as you have but the "good ones" must speak up for Peace while trying to convince the die-hards to let bygones be bygones.

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 15, 2015
The OP's attempt at offering explanations and also extending an arm of friendship makes no sense. Like someone rightly said, social media is a conduit for venting but where the person got it wrong was saying it does not go beyond that (just online).

I want all Yoruba folks on this thread to be honest or go back to conduct a survey amongst their kin folks/friends weighing their thoughts about Ibos. Whatever response you get, you can share or ponder over it.

From my end, most folks I know and those I do not but whose opinions I weighed both old and young adults were uninterested in ibo shenanigans in the time past, they just shrugged or chuckled at everything. Over the recent year(s) they have become different in that everyone now seems to be coming out of some sort of trance or where they buried their heads and realizing offenses or characteristic attitude of Ibos they have had whatevrr interaction with and they have become angry (an example is the Oba Akiolu's outburst, an apparent break of a pent up anger). More recently, I was surprised to witness Ibo/Yoruba discussion degenerate so fast into the Yorubas saying stuffs to the Ibos face, I stayed mute.

The fact is, the anger is widespread and it is growing rapidly, the OP's thread is unnecessary as things are not likely to get better -

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 7:14am On Jul 15, 2015
Mcowubaba:

What makes me pissed off, is when I see the type of silly comment!!!
Out of 5 Igbo State, 3 has oil...nd out of that 3, 2 (Imo nd Abia) are already among the NDDC states nd get oil allocations/derivation (can't remember the name of the allocation now)
So in ur pawpaw mind, Igbos are the 1s in dying need of ur "so-called oil"..a tribe that has OIL ALREADY!!!
Pls State where nd when the agitators of Biafra in Recent times has "begged" or "Forced" the Southsouth to join the Struggle Tell me
The point is that many of your kind, don't even have an in-depth knowledge abt Biafra!!! Nd are quick to jump into hasty conclusions!!
Even this oil thing self...
Many Great Countries of the World don't produce or have Oil cheesy
China, England, Germany, Spain, Japan, Singapore e.t.c get Oil
Even the USA u hear, only recently started utilising their own Oil resources....
Don't lay over emphasis on Oil....without other countries buying it 4rm u, u are doomed!!!
Let there just be a new efficient source of energy, na una go drink dat una oil..abeggii..NEXT!!

Bros, u don dey show your hand small-small o! shocked shocked shocked

As a "non-igbo"! grin grin grin
take am sofry-sofry o!
dont get angry at anyone for thinking differently from you, it why it is called an "opinion".
What they see in Newyork as morning, is what we see in Nigeria as evening (7hours difference) at the same time! wink

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

BTW: Funnily, l could almost decipher an Igbo person, even if he was born in Lagos and had lived all his life in Lagos (meaning pseudo-yoruba sort of), by his choice of words in a sentence! grin grin undecided

Seems we all have "peculiar choice of words" we use, especially when we are not trying to be elusive!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 15, 2015
They both fought for Oyel.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by disumusa: 7:17am On Jul 15, 2015
sammyj:
The Civil war is the problem between the two ethnic group!!!
it true, Yoruba did not support Biafra and they will never.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by kotv: 7:21am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Sir, Is Ondo not part of ND. You guys call us parasite cos of oil but Ondo, a SW state produced more oil than the SE. Calabar was a former capital, but no one call it No man's land. There is nothing like no man's land in Nigeria, that is why we have the state of Origin in our constitution. There is also difference between Lagos state and Lagos Island.

Ondo does not produce more oil that se. ondo produces the least oil in Nigeria. It is also not part of nd. Obasanjo made it a nd but it is not.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 7:25am On Jul 15, 2015
9jacrip:
The OP's attempt at offering explanations and also extending an arm of friendship makes no sense. Like someone rightly said, social media is a conduit for venting but where the person got it wrong was saying it does not go beyond that (just online).

I want all Yoruba folks on this thread to be honest or go back to conduct a survey amongst their kin folks/friends weighing their thoughts about Ibos. Whatever response you get, you can share or ponder over it.

From my end, most folks I know and those I do not but whose opinions I weighed both old and young adults were uninterested in ibo shenanigans in the time past, they just shrugged or chuckled at everything. Over the recent year(s) they have become different in that everyone now seems to be coming out of some sort of trance or where they buried their heads and realizing offenses or characteristic attitude of Ibos they have had whatevrr interaction with and they have become angry (an example is the Oba Akiolu's outburst, an apparent break of a pent up anger). More recently, I was surprised to witness Ibo/Yoruba discussion degenerate so fast into the Yorubas saying stuffs to the Ibos face, I stayed mute.

The fact is, the anger is widespread and it is growing rapidly, the OP's thread is unnecessary as things are not likely to get better -

Sir, You are speaking from a hypocritical point of view!
What was your conclusion when yo conducted the same survey on Igbos? Do share it with us please.

You offered us "what happened or is happening" ...but not "WHY it is happening", which is even more important!
In time past, it is true they just shrug it over .... but now they are reacting!

The QUESTION is WHY are they reacting now, if they never reacted before, and just shrugged it off?
*Could it be it was getting more brazen?
*Could it be they are getting fed-up?
*Could it be it is increasing in intensity?
*Could it be that the use of Social Media had provided an anonymous platform for hatefulthings to be said without any fear of repercussion?
*Could it be........

These are what a HONEST and NON_BIGOTED PERSON will seek to understand by investigation, not just accuse people of an offense ..... and that is what we are trying to do here so that if we know the WHY's, we can then tell ourselves some home truths and then "make-up" after offering our apologies ......because apologies are easier to make, easier ot accept as sincere, if both parties have clarified the issues involved

Having said that, l want to thank you for your opinion. You have shed light on another angle of the discussion.
Would you by any chance, be ready to let the past go, and forgive, if you have the opportunity to do so.... or would you hold on to the bitterness and hatred of the past?

Thanks, once again.

Lastpage!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by kotv: 7:29am On Jul 15, 2015
klevjey:

What is my business if ondo state produces oil or d entire South West?? Lagos, is a no man's land as South south's oil is a no man's oil...or vice versa!! I chose Lagos because it has d highest population of other ethnic groups, especially igbos...

I understand what you are trying to do. the hypocrisy of Yoruba is very dangerous. they get angry when others call lagos a no man's land but they are always the first to call oil in ss a nigerian oil. that is one thing i don't like about yoruba is their greediness and hypocrisy. I understand the message you passing along but the oil in ss belongs to ss. there is no such thing as no man's oil.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Sir, You are speaking from a hypocritical point of view!
What was your conclusion when yo conducted the same survey on Igbos? Do share it with us please.

You offered us "what happened or is happening" ...but not "WHY it is happening", which is even more important!
In time past, it is true they just shrug it over .... but now they are reacting!

The QUESTION is WHY are they reacting now, if they never reacted before, and just shrugged it off?
*Could it be it was getting more brazen?
*Could it be they are getting fed-up?
*Could it be it is increasing in intensity?
*Could it be that the use of Social Media had provided an anonymous platform for hatefulthings to be said without any fear of repercussion?
*Could it be........

These are what a HONEST and NON_BIGOTED PERSON will seek to understand by investigation, not just accuse people of an offense ..... and that is what we are trying to do here so that if we know the WHY's, we can then tell ourselves some home truths and then "make-up" after offering our apologies ......because apologies are easier to make, easier ot accept as sincere, if both parties have clarified the issues involved

Having said that, l want to thank you for your opinion. You have shed light on another angle of the discussion.
Would you by any chance, be ready to let the past go, and forgive, if you have the opportunity to do so.... or would you hold on to the bitterness and hatred of the past?

Thanks, once again.

Lastpage!

You can take the survey a notch further by conducting your Ibo survey, I have no business with that - besides, the answer to that is all over social networks and other media outlets.

You can stay offering apologies from you and your household, not for other many Yoruba whose lines have been crossed.

I do not hate, it is evil, I'd only go with my type.

Have a good day.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SegunAdewole: 7:38am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:
You opening article is full of conjectures, lies and half truths, that had all been exposed and thoroughly trashed out here on NL time and time again.

It is safe to say that Yorubas have reached a point of no return in the lies and false propaganda against Ndiigbo, if after thorough debunking, you still stick to your half baked lies and half truths.

I mean, what's the point of this thread? To start going back and front on issues already discussed in the past? That will be a waste of time.

In summary, your thread belongs to nowhere but trash bin. Such a waste of internet space.

Lastpage lied. Even Femi aribisala know that Ibos were right to attack Lagos. Anti-Biafran orders were taken from lagos. How can you expect Ibos to go after the sultan's head in Sokoto when war orders where coming from Gowon in yorubaland. Lastpage my brother, you are senseless sha.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SegunAdewole: 7:44am On Jul 15, 2015
logica:
There has been a wrong use of terms which I believe started with the Sardauna (Ahmadu Bello).

When you speak of "dominate", what comes to mind is like the Barcelona FC team of present. They dominate. And why do they dominate? Because they are head and shoulders above all other teams.

On the other hand, what the Igbo as a group tended to do is called amassing. Like a crowd of piranha on a hapless goat.

Everyone knew they (the Igbos) had most to gain from the Nigerian contraption. For instance, Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani had been interacting way back since the 15th Century. The Igbos had been isolated for so long till the Oyinbos came along to build bridges connecting them to the South West and North. So they suddenly developed a wanderlust and wanted to spread across the country. Meanwhile Yorubas and Hausas who had wanderlust were already old, tired or dead so not many were engaging in such travel. But it was the behavior of the surjourners in their various host lands that was ultimately their undoing.

But since we don't really like Ibos. We and fulanis should tell Ibos to go hell. I am from illorin and support an Oduarewa republic. Insha Allah

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shares Photo From His Hospital Bed / Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 / Dogara, Adamu Adamu And Tinubu Held A Special Meeting In Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.