Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,112 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

"Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder (30761 Views)

Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Told Me – Orji Kalu / Quit Notice On Igbos: What Arewa Youths Should Have Done – Al-mustapha / Lets Settle Our Differences, Igbo Group Tells Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Remarkable: 2:30am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:
You opening article is full of conjectures, lies and half truths, that had all been exposed and thoroughly trashed out here on NL time and time again.

It is safe to say that Yorubas have reached a point of no return in the lies and false propaganda against Ndiigbo, if after thorough debunking, you still stick to your half baked lies and half truths.

I mean, what's the point of this thread? To start going back and front on issues already discussed in the past? That will be a waste of time.

In summary, your thread belongs to nowhere but trash bin. Such a waste of internet space.

I decided to look at the intention of the op though, he might have kicked it off with the wrong foot, but I think he genuinely wants the ball in the goal post... cut him some slac?

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 2:32am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Let us assume what you posted is the true version of events (which it is not) three questions come to mind:

1.) Why would Biafra or Ojukwu predicate his success on the actions of another region seceding?

2.) if he knew he cant win unless he gets the support of Yorubas (by them also seceding) why cant he just surrender and recant his words (okay we wont secede anymore but we need a better deal), instead of going-on headlong into the war, when he knew he cant win since the Yorubas have decided it was "foolhardy and suicidal" to do it at that point in time?

3.) Does it not appear to you that Ojukwu and Igbos decided their own fate by continuing the process of Biafranisation (even as some of you still do today) when it was obvious the support he envisaged was crucial but not forthcoming?
Should you now blame your failure to "critically analyze the situation" and make a decision that is "in the best interest of your people" ...on another tribe?

Again, you mean the "West" should be stewpid enough to "allow Igbos to help them liberate Lagos of Northern soldiers" by making their homeland A THEATRE OF WAR AND THE ATTENDANT DESTRUCTION?
What you proposed to the West is silly because we could (and have) achieve the same thing a few years later, without destroying our enclave or sending millions of our people to an early grave.

If you cant see the wisdom in that, then .....*** you must think we are just mouthing when we say we have "superior intelligence"!

*We never joined the Northerners until you guys matched Westwards as far as Oore town, a few kilometers from Ijebu Ode, next to Lagos!
*We reminded you time after time, that you are threatening our survival when you were bombing Lagos!
*We gave you enough time to direct your artillery "Northwards" ...towards the North that you have a beef with but you were willing to "bite more than you can chew" and did not "critically analyze the situation" you are leading yourselves into ..... just as you are doing now in 2015!
*Maybe you took our "warmness" for cowardice, just as yo are still doing now..... but we had no choice than to prove you wrong!
*Moreso, Awolowo was a "Nigerian" in as much as secession was concerned and he served "his fatherland" meritoriously till the end of the war. Same cannot be said of Ojukwu, for his "fatherland Biafra"!

Yet you are not even honest enough to blame yourselves for your own actions!

I have explained the rationale behind the "Food and Monetary policies" in those war times and they cannot be faulted by any objective mind.

Having cleared the above, the war is over, get over it NOW!
We are about reconciliation and forgiveness here.

Thanks for your opinion
-

Lastpage!

If we can't agree on the bits of history, then of what use is your hypothetical questions.

Stop beating around the Bush and attack my points, I have no time for your games and chest beating.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 2:34am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:
[s][/s]

Its obvious you are a kid. Which oil are you talking about? Ondo state produce oil and its also Niger Delta. Who are you to talk about Oil when Ondo state also produce Oil. You can only do your shakara to the North that dont produce oil at all. ONDO state is a Yoruba state that produce oil, get that into your head bro.

What is my business if ondo state produces oil or d entire South West?? Lagos, is a no man's land as South south's oil is a no man's oil...or vice versa!! I chose Lagos because it has d highest population of other ethnic groups, especially igbos...

2 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 2:34am On Jul 15, 2015
klevjey:

you call Lagos land of yorubas, but call the oil of Niger Delta Nigeria's...

You don't set terms and definitions for a people, strong in their millions!!

Agreed!! Lagos belongs to the Yorubas, but you should also agree Niger Delta's oil is ND's

If you don't, then LAGOS HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO BE A NO MAN'S LAND!!

Dont get it twisted please!

You are mixing-up TWO THINGS

1) geographical land area and the people (2) Resources under the ground

A.) Yes, Niger Delta, as a land, belongs to the Niger Deltans as a people, just as Lagos belongs to Yorubas as a people; and Anambra belongs to Igbos, as a people or Kano belongs to Hausas, as a people

B.) Because Nigeria is a "Federal Republic", it RESOURCEs belong to the Federal Govt.
The Groundnut Pyramids of the north, the Cocoa of the West, the Oil of the Niger Delta, the Rubber in Ondo state, e.t.c ALL BELONG TO NIGERIA represented by the Federal Govt.

I hope you see what is meant now?

But let me add that this does not justify the wanton ecological disaster of the ND, the poor infrastructure there nor the poverty there. These are the "failures of Governance", from your looting LG chairmen, to the Governor and the President of the federation.
Those issues arose out of corruption

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 2:36am On Jul 15, 2015
6.) That for almost two years, Yorubas
were reluctant to react to such
provocations as we felt he should have
directed his bomb "Northwards" since we
hold no grudge against Igbos.
7.) That the 'final straw that broke the
camel's back' was when Ojukwu's army
attacked, as far as Oore town (current
Ondo state, just before Ijebu-Ode) and
Yorubas felt his intention was to destroy
Yoruba lands, as he has done to Benin
kingdom!

I believe the above is a case of Yoruba neutrality, which I had already addressed.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 2:38am On Jul 15, 2015
klevjey:

What is my business if ondo state produces oil or d entire South West?? Lagos, is a no man's land as South south's oil is a no man's oil...or vice versa!! I chose Lagos because it has d highest population of other ethnic groups, especially igbos...

Jerry, You are a little kid and from Edo state. Southwest state called Ondo produce oil and its part of the Niger Delta, I dont care if oil is no man's oil, thats your own problem. You can only throw that insult to the North since they dont produce any oil, the yaeboes and the SW produce oil so whats your problem?
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 2:40am On Jul 15, 2015
The rest of the opening post were simply not worthy of any reply as they were mainly emotional rants with no substance.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 2:42am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

A.) Yes, Niger Delta, as a land, belongs to the Niger Deltans as a people, just as Lagos belongs to Yorubas as a people; and Anambra belongs to Igbos, as a people or Kano belongs to Hausas, as a people

B.) Because Nigeria is a "Federal Republic", it RESOURCEs belong to the Federal Govt.
The Groundnut Pyramids of the north, the Cocoa of the West, the Oil of the Niger Delta, the Rubber in Ondo state, e.t.c ALL BELONG TO NIGERIA represented by the Federal Govt.

But let me add that this does not justify the wanton ecological disaster of the ND, the poor infrastructure there nor the poverty there. These are the "failures of Governance", from your looting LG chairmen, to the Governor and the President of the federation.

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

Thank you very much..That's why am telling you you don't dictate laws to a people..

If you want Lagos to belong to the Yorubas, then we are telling you we want Niger Delta's oil to be ours...That is why we are moving for the emancipation of the Niger Delta...
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 2:43am On Jul 15, 2015
Largas:
NO

It must be stated clearly and openly that Ironsi was never part of the coup plotting. Even professional investigations carried out after the January coup indicted many professional soldiers but Ironsi.

Ironsi got wind of a coup, and gathered trust-worthy soldiers to block Nzeogwu act lagos after Ifeajuna had fled to Ghana. Nzeogwu was outnumbered so he smartly surrendered.

Ironsi quenched the coup attends the most senior professional Nigerian soldier.

It's never the fault of Igbos that they dominated every Nigerian institution even the military during the first Republic between 1960-1966. From the most decorated military official to the least decorated military official. No wonder majority of the January '66 coup plotters plotters were Igbo, majority if not all the January '66 coup quenchers led by General Ironsi were Igbo.

I repeat the truth, Ironsi had no hand in the January 15 1966 coup, as the most most senior most senior military official, he only tried to use the military to restore calm following the sham and corruption called elections held in 1965 which led led to January 1966 coup. IRONSI WAS NOT MADE HEAD OF STATE.

I am trying to understand you perfectly Sir!

*Are you saying it was a "mere coincidence" that all the Coupist were Igbos? (maybe they are the only ones in the military then, huh?)
*That it was a mere coincidence that ALL Northern Political and Decorated Top Military officers of Northern extraction were murdered, including Tafawa Balewa
*That it was mere coincidence that Ironsi became the Head of state of an Igbo Coup and within a short time, all Federal appointments seems to "fall into Igbo hands"? ....as exemplified by what happened in University of Ibadan?
grin grin

That is one coincidence too many Bros! shocked shocked

My Blodder, the war is over and we are in 2015.
undecided undecided

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 2:44am On Jul 15, 2015
Remarkable:

I decided to look at the intention of the op though, he might have kicked it off with the wrong foot, but I think he genuinely wants the ball in the goal post... cut him some slac?

You are simply New to this arena. Yorubas and the word genuine don't mix, he simply has nothing to sell other than Igbophobic rants. I have them figured out to a T, and they never disappoint.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 2:46am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by klevjey: 2:49am On Jul 15, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Jerry, You are a little kid and from Edo state. Southwest state called Ondo produce oil and its part of the Niger Delta, I dont care if oil is no man's oil, thats your own problem. You can only throw that insult to the North since they dont produce any oil, the yaeboes and the SW produce oil so whats your problem?

am not jerry and not from Edo state..My point is: Let south south's oil be seen as south south's and not Nigeria's... datz y we are moving for the emancipation of Niger Delta
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by bukster(f): 2:52am On Jul 15, 2015
Largas:
And Ifeajuna is a separate person from Ironsi. Ironsi had no hand in any coup.

The north bellowed that the coup plotters be crucified for future could plotters to learn lessons. pray tell me why Buhari, Abacha, Ibrahim Babangida, bastard T. Y. Danjuma and other coup plotters of Northern origin are yet to be crucified today?

Presently, they are one of the richest Nigerians who amassed wealth from Niger delta oil to the detriment of niger deltans. This same people and their tribesmen will deceive some gullible Niger deltans that Igbos want only their oil Wells where as Igbos are ready to discuss terms of MARRIAGE in a Biafran Republic with with the Niger deltans. are In a zoo. A lawless entity.
Almost everyone that you mentioned came to power through a bloodless coup. Only 1 Nigerian head of state's have ever been killed after the civil war. Murtala Muhammad whose killer was promptly assassinated. Abachas's death is still officially considered a heart attack but the unofficial reason is that he was murdered by Indian prostitues. Despite the amount of coups that Nigeria has been through, after the civil war, military governments tried to avoid killing off the leaders they took over from in order to avoid the mistakes that led to the civil war.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 2:55am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:
3.) That Ojukwu unilaterally declared
secession (whether that was the best and
only option at that point is left to Igbos to
contemplate) and expected Yorubas to
follow despite our clear objections and ill-
preparedness

Biafra wasn't unilaterally declared by Ojukwu, Ndiigbo and indeed the East are too free minded, (a people not used to bowing down to self appointed kings) to be unilaterally led by Ojukwu whims and caprices. And no matter how you Odua-Arewa people try, the truth remains that Biafra was never an Ojukwu or Igbo agenda. Biafra was put to vote democratically by members of Eastern region consultative assembly consisting of members drawn from all ethnic nationalities present in the defunct Eastern region. Igbos of course being the Majority ethnic group in the East had a major stake in Biafra. But Biafra was never an Ojukwu or Igbo agenda, it was the wish of the Eastern region people.

Ojukwu expected Yorubas to atleast remain neutral. Awo's major complain for the West not being ready to attempt secession was the presence of Northern military in the West, to this effect, Ojukwu's first move after declaring Biafra was a Biafran military force led by a Banjo Yoruba man ( the choice of a Yoruba man obviously being to signify his noble intentions) to join forces with Yorubas in expelling the Northern soldiers from Lagos atleast and subsequently the entire Yorubaland.

You still dont get it, do you?
1.) Yorubas did not attack any Igbo soldier nor participated ACTIVELY in the war till it was about two years old.
We only defended the S/west when Ojukwu and his Biafran Army wanted to run-over us, as far as Oore town in present Ondo state.
Even when they overran Benin Kingdom, a part of Yoruba entity, we were still "begging" them to desist ...as we do not want to tackle them headlong! Please be fair in your response now?

2.) Yorubas do not want Biafra Soldier to "liberate them" using force and war. We have our own "mental startegy" for achieving desired results.
But you insisted on "helping us liberate" ....... us!
Na by force to help people liberate them?
grin grin grin

We knew the impact of war on our people and how it will set us back a hundred years....something Igbos are feeling up to this moment. But then We cant afford and dont want "those impact". Things might be different today in 2015

Instead of accepting that you miscalculated, you are "shifting blame and clamoring for separation"!

This is the sole reason why Igbos are saying[b] "Allow us to go"![/b]
I mean, if it was that easy to go, you would have tried to go and wont be asking for permission to go!
Who gives that kind of permission? Even the Bible says "the Violent take it by force"! .... that is if they can sha! undecided
Be realistic, l am begging you, for the sake of love.
Thats all.

Thanks for your opinion.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 2:56am On Jul 15, 2015
klevjey:

am not jerry and not from Edo state..My point is: Let south south's oil be seen as south south's and not Nigeria's... datz y we are moving for the emancipation of Niger Delta

Stop the lies. You can deny anyway but the truth is widely open Ogunbor. Can see you have switch from naija delta oil to south south oil, very good. The oil producing states are called Niger Delta and a Yoruba state is part of it. They are even the fourth or fifth in terms of contribution among the 9 states. They even collect 13 percent derivation but other region that contributes through Agriculture dont receive any derivation so I dont know your problem. No one is holding you from forming Nigerdelta republic and you cant see a Yoruba man holding you from doing that so i dont know why you are foaming in the mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by SUBWAY101(m): 2:59am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

1.) Yorubas did not attack any Igbo soldier nor participated ACTIVELY in the war till it was about two years old.
We only defended the S/west when Ojukwu and his Biafran Army wanted to run-over us, as far as Oore town in present Ondo state.
Even when they overran Benin Kingdom, a part of Yoruba entity, we were still "begging" them to desist ...as we do not want to tackle them headlong! Please be fair in your response now?

2.) Yorubas do not want Biafra Soldier to "liberate them" using force and war. We have our own "mental startegy" for achieving desired results.
grin grin grin

We knew the impact of war on our people and how it will set us back a hundred years....something Igbos are feeling up to this moment. But then We cant afford and dont want "those impact". Things might be different today in 2015

Instead of accepting that you miscalculated, you are "shifting blame and clamoring for separation"!

I mean, if it was that easy to go, you would have tried to go and wont be asking for permission to go!
Who gives that kind of permission? Even the Bible says "the Violent take it by force"! .... that is if they can sha! undecided
Thats all.

Thanks for your opinion.

Lastpage!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by CHM11: 3:00am On Jul 15, 2015
EggovinMma:
I think nobody should forget history, else it may repeat itself again.
What happened during the civil war was really something that will continue to live in the minds of every igbo, it was a genocide in all its entirety. Igbos were killed even in the army by their fellow hausa soldiers.All they wanted was self determination. So many countries have done it and still doing it.

Looking at Nigeria today, I honestly pray we survive yet another 4 years.Our leaders are greedy and selfish. If the marriage isn't working, there should be a divorce.

Looking back at the horror of those civil war years, it's effect et al, and the igbos still insist on biafra, why not give it to them?
Your bolded will most likely work. Problem will only arise when the igbos try to claim oil/gas producing lands in the SS. I believe that's why the Biafra dream failed the first time. Nigeria and Biafra fought for the Oil discovered in the SS region, a non igbo, non yoruba and non hausa minority people.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 3:11am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:
4.) That Yorubas despite being part and
parcel of Nigeria, stood aloof and did not
actively participate in the Biafran Civil war,
despite Lagos being the centre of
Government. Yorubas were 'initially
neutral' as the fight was basically
between Igbos and Northerners

Yorubas at no point in the Biafran Nigerian conflict were neutral, they were Nigerians from the onset Biafra was declared and the attacks against Biafra were being launched right from Lagos in Yorubaland by Northern military,that automatically made Yorubaland enemy land. Neutrality was simply not an option available to Yorubas.

They had too options:

1. Join the Biafrans and eliminate the Northerners from Lagos.

2. Join the Northerners and attack the East.

In the end they chose option 2. It was their right to chose any of the option, but each of the options came with consequences.

Eternal enemity with Ndiigbo is the consequence of option two. Yorubas should accept that in good fate and stop this propaganda of neutrality, cos it never happened.

Bros, You are talking "after the fact".
I am saying Yorbas were neutral from the onset, before the war started.
*Dont forget it was Igbos and Hausas that were killing themselves (mostly) in the coup and counter-coup
*Dont forget that till todays, hardly will you hear that Yorubas gather to kill any Igbo person, as happens in the North
Even now that things were tense! I tell you, if it was in the North that had so much Igbos doing business, during the last election with the utterances of Igbos, the killings would have started. You and l know this.

You need to separate Lagos as a sit of governemnt, and Yorubas as indigene of Lagos.
Order can be given in Lagos and implemented in Anambra, by the then military Govt.
Order can be given in Enugu and implemented in Kano ror Kaduna, by the Biafran military commanders.

But what would appear dubious is to give order in Enugu, to attack Lagos (despite being the sit of government) to kill Yorubas while leaving Hausas in Kano and Kaduna unscacthed!
How many times did you hear that Kano or Kaduna was attacked during the civil war?
Yet, from Benin down to Oore was decimated by Biafran Soldiers?

In all honesty, Ojukwu wanted to destroy the South West Yorubaland, for not joining him, even if it means he would let go the Hausas that are his main traducers. That is very vindictive and Yorubas make no Apologies for defending themselves robustly.
Igbos would do same, if in our shoes

As for the eternal enmity, go and sit down joor!
You dont marry into the tribe of your eternal enemy! or can anyone war with himself?

Thanks for your opinion Sir!

Lastpage!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 3:13am On Jul 15, 2015
hakeem4:
but what the northerners saw was an igbo coup because no Igbo leader was affected and another became the head of state + making all his co-workers IGbos only and the natural behaviour of the IGbos .... They always have this pride

After the hausa's retaliated ... They made a middle beltan and even a Christian the leader

Thanks for this additional insight.

Igbos should just call a spade, a spade and let us move on.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 3:19am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:
5.) That Ojukwu in his military
'calculations and strategy', tried to force
Yorubas into the war, thinking he was
trying to open a second front and thereby
'stretch' the Nigerian Army. He also
wanted a psychological blow on the
federal govt by attacking Lagos. As a kid,
l remember him attacking and bombing
the Casino Cinema, at Alagomeji, in Lagos
mainland.

I have always heard Yorubas speak of Biafrans attacking Lagos, I wish Biafrans were able to attack Lagos, but the fact remains that that never happened, Biafran led Army was stopped at Ore[b] by Nigerians[/b], sabotaged by Banjo, probably because the Yorubas were not eager for the Northerners to be eliminated from Lagos after all. Awo was only bluffing.

Ojukwu match to Lagos was obviously and prompted by Awo's posture of being inability to eliminate the Northern soldiers from the West being the reason why he couldn't declare Odua republic, and the fact that the Northerners were headquartered at Lagos.

Look l dont know how old you are during the Civil war but l use to live less than one kilometer from the Casino Cinema in the late sixties and l can tell you as an eye witness that Casino Cinema was bombed by Igbos. I am not saying a battalion of Soldeirs matched all the way to Lagos O! grin
They sent suicide bombers like Boko Haram is doing today, to bomb places in Lagos!
That Cinema never recovered till today!

And by the way, are you telling us Yorubas are no longer Nigerians and vice-versa? You were stopped at Oore by Yoruba soldiers led by the Scorpion Himself.
dont let us go to that side as it will start to appear we are gloating over the debacle, as a sign of respect to those who lost their lives on both sides, or dont you know we also lost soldiers? ITS A FREAKING WAR, for God's sake!

Thanks Sir, for your opinion

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 3:20am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

grin grin grin

Thats all.

Thanks for your opinion.

Lastpage!

What exactly are you talking about? were Yorubas soldiers not part of the Odua-Arewa Army that was attacking Biafra? Who was Adekunle that was shooting at anything that moves in the East? Awo and his starvation policy?

No time were Biafrans attempting to over run Yorubaland, plots to bring genocide on Biafrans were being plotted by Northern soldiers domiciled in Yorubaland, and at first yorubas claimed to be too weak to chase out those enemies of Biafra occupying Lagos, and when attempts were made by Biafrans to chase the Northerners out from Yorubaland, the same Yorubas that were too weak to chase out the Northerners and protect their land, were now strong enough to oppose Biafrans, who are you deceiving?

You can not harbour an enemy that seek to destroy me in your house, claim to be too weak to chase him out of your house ,still stand on my way of chasing him out and still claim neutrality and friendship.

Ndiigbo have fully recovered from the war, we enviably sit on top of all human development indices in Nigeria. But we never forget our enemies and those that harboured them.

No, we are simply scared of the international community involvement, we wouldn't want a situation where we will be fighting Britain and Egypt again. You were never our match, once international influences are eliminated or evened out.

There is simply no love between the killer and the killed, but I believe that international boundary between Biafra and Arewa-Oduanistan, will buy both countries respect, I think we have passed the stage of love.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 3:30am On Jul 15, 2015
lastpage:

Look l dont know how old you are during the Civil war but l use to live less than one kilometer from the Casino Cinema in the late sixties and l can tell you as an eye witness that Casino Cinema was bombed by Igbos. I am not saying a battalion of Soldeirs matched all the way to Lagos O! grin
They sent suicide bombers like Boko Haram is doing today, to bomb places in Lagos!
That Cinema never recovered till today!

And by the way, are you telling us Yorubas are no longer Nigerians and vice-versa? You were stopped at Oore by Yoruba soldiers led by the Scorpion Himself.
dont let us go to that side as it will start to appear we are gloating over the debacle, as a sign of respect to those who lost their lives on both sides, or dont you know we also lost soldiers? ITS A FREAKING WAR, for God's sake!

Thanks Sir, for your opinion

Lastpage!

I repeat, Biafra never bombed Lagos, no evidence whatsoever to suggest such.
Probably the propaganda Awo- Gowon and their Egyptian airforce used to deceive you lots, they had no qualms bombing hospitals and market places full of women and children in Biafra, dropping a few bombs in Lagos to increase you lots innate Igbophobia surely can't be beyond them.

Biafran match stopped at Ore. A price Ojukwu paid for mis judging Banjo and Yorubas treachery, a mistake Biafra 2.0 will never repeat.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by tiger28: 3:31am On Jul 15, 2015
klevjey:

you call Lagos land of yorubas, but call the oil of Niger Delta Nigeria's...

You don't set terms and definitions for a people, strong in their millions!!

Agreed!! Lagos belongs to the Yorubas, but you should also agree Niger Delta's oil is ND's

If you don't, then LAGOS HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO BE A NO MAN'S LAND!!
Oga, I have NEVER heard of any ND person that disputes the ownership of lagos, because they are very proud of their origin.its only the Igbos .And Yorubas cannot dispute that the oil doesn't belong to ND. The only People that ND'ers should be more careful and concerned about are the igbos because right after the presidential election loss, a lot of them have been using word like " our oil in the east feed nigeria", "lower niger" , "Biafra includes the ND" etc. They can't go Biafra alone without ND oli so they are recent ATTACHÉS by force with ND. Igbos can never coexist with anyone once they have cornered ND oil. A word is enough. ...

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by tiger28: 3:37am On Jul 15, 2015
klevjey:

There is nothing like no man's land, but there is state of origin aabi?? Like I typed, you don't quote laws for others to follow..if u say Lagos belongs to Lagos and not Nigeria, hence other tribes should 'behave' in Lagos, then we tell you our oil belongs to us..and we want resource control!$!
You mean ND oil??when did SE start producing MAJOR oil??Ondo state alone produce more oil than all of SE.....next will be Lagos soon. Stay tuned!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 3:41am On Jul 15, 2015
tiger28:
Oga, I have NEVER heard of any ND person that disputes the ownership of lagos, because they are very proud of their origin.its only the Igbos .And Yorubas cannot dispute that the oil doesn't belong to ND. The only People that ND'ers should be more careful and concerned about are the igbos because right after the presidential election loss, a lot of them have been using word like " our oil in the east feed nigeria", "lower niger" , "Biafra includes the ND" etc. They can't go Biafra alone without ND oli so they are recent ATTACHÉS by force with ND. Igbos can never coexist with anyone once they have cornered ND oil. A word is enough. ...

This propaganda is stale. Atleast not when they( Niger deltans) see that the majority of oil cogs had been tactfully lured to Lagos by Awo immediately after the war, when Okpara in contrast had relocated shell from Owerri to PH, not when they see the likes of Alakija competing on top of Forbes list on their wealth, not when they saw the way the Northern elites with the help of their Yoruba side kicks had cornered their oil blocks, not when they saw how you lots treated their son in the last election.

If after all those and they are still to blind to fall for your propaganda, then they must be silly.

Here is what we achieved without ND oil wealth, even with the Nigerian negativity drawing us backwards, with or without ND, Biafra will be a great country, greater than whatever your BOKO SHARIA ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF AREWA-ODUANISTAN can ever amount to, and you know that, that's why you are filled with trepidation at the mention of BIAFRA!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 3:42am On Jul 15, 2015
tiger28:

This propaganda is stale. Atleast not when they( Niger deltans) see that the majority of oil coys had been tactfully lured to Lagos by Awo immediately after the war, when Okpara in contrast had relocated shell from Owerri to PH, not when they see the likes of Alakija competing on top of Forbes list on their wealth, not when they saw the way the Northern elites with the help of their Yoruba side kicks had cornered their oil blocks, not when they saw how you lots treated their son in the last election.

If after all those and they are still too blind as to fall for your propaganda, then they must be silly. And by the way, Nzeogwu the leader of the Igbo coup was a Niger deltan too.

Here is what we achieved without ND oil wealth, https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

Even with the Nigerian negativity drawing us backwards. With or without ND, Biafra will be a great country, greater than whatever your BOKO SHARIA ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF AREWA-ODUANISTAN can ever amount to, and you know that, that's why you are filled with trepidation at the mention of BIAFRA!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by Nobody: 3:42am On Jul 15, 2015
bukster:

Almost everyone that you mentioned came to power through a bloodless coup. Only 1 Nigerian head of state's have ever been killed after the civil war. Murtala Muhammad whose killer was promptly assassinated. Abachas's death is still officially considered a heart attack but the unofficial reason is that he was murdered by Indian prostitues. Despite the amount of coups that Nigeria has been through, after the civil war, military governments tried to avoid killing off the leaders they took over from in order to avoid the mistakes that led to the civil war.
Danjuma committed coup and so should be prosecuted. what is good for the goose is good for the gander. If you do not prosecute him for coup plotting yet scream that ifeajuna and nzeogwu be prosecuted then I don't know of any other higher form of injustice and double standard against a fellow compatriot.

Justice in all all the areas Igbos are marginalised or the agitation for a new Republic of Biafra continues.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by tiger28: 3:45am On Jul 15, 2015
klevjey:

Listen to me, those laws were created by the white men in the zoo..and those laws aren't favouring us..That's y we r creating our own!!

Hausa and Yoruba can't make law for Igbo and Niger Delta..For what reason? Lagos is a no man's land..and if u don't like it so, then recognise Niger Delta's oil as ND's!
ONLY BASTARDS call any land in Nigeria a no man's land. Yes you have the freedom to roam anywhere in Nigeria because you are a Nigerian, the same reason why you don't see a Yoruba man being made an Obi or a calabarman being made TOR TIV or an ebiraman being crowned an Oba, every land is very indigineous, this happens all over Africa but just ONE tribe kills themselves over this.

3 Likes

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by tiger28: 3:49am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:

This propaganda is stale. Atleast not when they( Niger deltans) see that the majority of oil coys had been tactfully lured to Lagos by Awo immediately after the war, when Okpara in contrast had relocated shell from Owerri to PH, not when they see the likes of Alakija competing on top of Forbes list on their wealth, not when they saw the way the Northern elites with the help of their Yoruba side kicks had cornered their oil blocks, not when they saw how you lots treated their son in the last election.

If after all those and they are still too blind as to fall for your propaganda, then they must be silly. And by the way, Nzeogwu the leader of the Igbo coup was a Niger deltan too.

Here is what we achieved without ND oil wealth, https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

Even with the Nigerian negativity drawing us backwards. With or without ND, Biafra will be a great country, greater than whatever your BOKO SHARIA ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF AREWA-ODUANISTAN can ever amount to, and you know that, that's why you are filled with trepidation at the mention of BIAFRA!
NOW Nzeogwu was a niger deltan? see these people o. He was IGBO of delta state,same way you guys claim Madam Ngozi (Madam One chance) from delta state.
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by pazienza(m): 3:53am On Jul 15, 2015
tiger28:
NOW Nzeogwu was a niger deltan? see these people o. He was IGBO of delta state,same way you guys claim Madam Ngozi (Madam One chance) from delta state.

He was Igbo and Niger deltan the same time. Igbos are stake holders in Niger delta, that's the point I was passing across to you.

1 Like

Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 3:59am On Jul 15, 2015
Largas:
The northerners saw It as an Igbo coup neglecting the couple of yoruba and even northern soldiers caught up during the investigation of the failed January 1966 coup. doesn't that disqualify the tag 'igbo coup'?

nevertheless, you have failed to answer why there is double standard by the northerners on 5th case of prosecuting coup plotters like danjuma, babangida, abacha and Buhari.

I also want you to answer me why the 3Rs: reconstruction, réconciliation and réhabilitation started at Lagos where no property was destroyed, neglecting the East which was the battlefield that witnessed aerial bombardment, starvation answering economic meltdown.

You have failed to answer why the South east have lowest number of states, senators and representatives at the lower chamber of the House, in a bid to ensure they are marginalised and never resurge to implement policies favouring their war torn zone. In a bid to deny them equity, fairness and justice. why do they have lowest number of federal presence since 1970?

I can go on and on and on. people have resorted to Biafra because they are tired of being neglected 45years after the civil war wars imply cause they lost.

If Nigeria seriously want them to end Biafra agitation. then they must be treated fairly like the rest of Nigeria. or or you or you conduct or you conduct referendum so so they so they determine so they determine if so they determine if they so they determine if they should go seek equity, justice and fairness in a new country of theirs.

Do you by any means "stammer"? grin grin Just kidding, l guess it was your keyboard that was stammering up there! kiss kiss

On a more serious note.... and l will not mince word with you so you might not like what l would say but l am giving you the mindset of "others" which you might not be aware of.

1.) There is no equity in Nigeria, not even amongst the Yorubas who were part of the #teamvictory in the war, the only luck Lagos has was because it was the capital and anywhere in the world, the Capital comes first in development.

2.) I agree that the Northerners who held sway on power after the war, did not go overboard to let you guys feel welcomed. Its a combination of "anger, vissionlessness, selfishness and post-war vendetta" . That was not right if and when we are trying to forge a united Nigeria. ND suffered similar neglect despite being the Apple basket!

3.) The fact that Igbos did not actually "openly accept" defeat (remember Ojukwu was still in Ivory Coast for some time before he wss pardoned to come back home) and accept their role in what led to the war (as they still do today) gave the impression that they were only "bidding their time" to start another war of secession.

4.) This created an atmosphere of distrust such that "others" were wondering what these Igbos might try to do, if you give them too much room and power. The impoverization was deliberate though we also have to acknowledge that the fact that the Igbos tend to be Nomadic and live outside their own domain also contributed to their under-development!

5.) Some Igbo "leaders" are also to blame as they play "sell-out" of their people, for personal gains. From Nzeribes, to Ojukwu himself (l know Igbos wont like that part but l think he should have been a God father "anointing from behind", instead of playing partisan Politics when he came back as that would have given him more respect and bargaining power; just my opinion). I also wonder why Igbo Governors have not find it in their heart to "come together and use their allocation to do meaningful collaboration projects that would uplift their area...they are not poor mind you, as a people! but have nothing to show for it in the East itself...maybe in Lagos sha)

6.)Even up till today, there is still that trust deficit between Igbos and other Nigerian tribes, not just Yorubas alone. Even their closest neighbour, the Niger Deltans still view them with distrust. But How can you "completely trust" people who dont believe in the nigerian project?

so we have a "chicken and egg" situation here:
*Igbos agitate for Biafra because they are neglected by Nigeria and are not properly integrated
*Nigeria feels Igbo are not trying to properly ingrate into Nigeria because they still want to actualize Biafra and cannot be trusted with anything, especially Power, in the nigerian equation.

Who should break the ice? I think Igbos need to show Nigerians that they are onboard the Nigerian ship FULLY. No tjust waiting to seize an opportunity!
I say this because when you have a "chicken and Egg situation", you only need to go back and look at the "antecedents" to decide which should give first.

Take the last election as an example: Igbos wanted all hell to break lose so they can seize the opportunity to secede and actualize Biafra.
But meanwhile, they were urging the ND folks on, like they were really rooting for them because they think some injustice is being done to them for trying to vote our former President Jonathan.
Other Nigerians know and see this.
It is this kind of scenario that makes "Nigeria" to consciously suppress Igbos.

Igbos have also been known to be unstable (forgive my use of that word) and to not stand solidly behind what is right, even if they dont benefit from it.
Take the Saraki scenario as another example: Igbos knew what Saraki did was treacherous. Such Vile humanbeing MUST never be put anywhere near a position of responsibility but because it is a "dagger in the heart of Yorubas", Igbos are willing to go along with it.
When you behave that way, you are sending out the wrong signals and telling others that you are "unreliable and undependable".

I can go back to the past thirty of forty years wherein Igbos have acted the spoiler role (NPN Vs.UPN, SDP Vs NRP, Abiola Saga, Renaming of Unilag, e.t.c). In most cases, it is directed at Yorubas but meanwhile, the Northerners who reap the benefit dont give a phuck about Igbos. For them, they have seem the Igbos thru and thru.
Mind you, the Northerners are not that "indecisive" as the Westerner Yoruba when it comes to swift actions and they follow themselves dogmatically. Yorubas have this penchant for not following "orders", except they completely agree to it (Obasanjo's first term is an example)

In summary (l dont want to dwell too much on these examples as it will raise other arguments again), I think the igbos should throw the Olive branch first and let Nigerians embrace them.
The likes of Nnamdi Kanu is not doing such effort any favors at all.
I will also suggest that Igbos not put all their eggs in one basket because things dont always go as planned.
That your sworn enemy might be your saving grace when the time comes! undecided

It is not that we actually like the Hausas (Sharia and blood-letting Vs. Born-to-rule mentality) and we collude with them, but we have found them to be at least more reliable than the Igbos. We can tolerate their excesses and we can also make our own demands which they also know when to "bow to" (as in Presidency and other political matters) otherwise, they know what we are capable of doing without even fighting!
Babangida will remember us, if not Abacha! grin
Igbos too have to know when to stop boasting and use "deft tactics" to achieve set objectives!

Chai, who da phuck am l to turn myself into "igbo adviser" sef, abi dem don dash me wife? shocked shocked grin grin

Thanks for your opinion Sir!

Lastpage!
Re: "Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder by lastpage: 4:11am On Jul 15, 2015
pazienza:
The rest of the opening post were simply not worthy of any reply as they were mainly emotional rants with no substance.

You have responded almost ten times and yet you keep saying it warrants no response! grin grin

Nna, calm down now, biiko! shocked shocked

The war is over. We are just trying to ease the tension and see where we can vent out so that we dont bottle all that hate inside.

And your use of foul language is unnecessary.

Will you not help a Yoruba man, if you see him being attacked by Robbers or would you sayy Good for him,. na Yoloba im be! grin grin grin

Chillax Bro.
Even if we go to war today, we will still come back and discuss on at a a table ..... so why not just discuss at a table as we are doing than trying to hack ourselves to death first, huh?

At this time of the night sef, how can you still be angry?
BTW: hypothetical question sat times are designed to make you reflect on your own position and see if is logical

I wont thank you this time, for your opinion though but then Thanks for your opinion

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Halliburton Scandal: Buhari May Go After IBB, Abdulsalami, Jubril Aminu / Photos From Peter Obi's Campaign At Ariaria Market, Aba / Elections: Why Sitting Presidents Lose Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.