Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media (44900 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Comment About Ex-President Yar'adua's Health / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi / Buhari Appoints Tolu Ogunlesi As His SA On Digital/New Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
He is a columnist in the Punch. His picture reminds me.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by DaMaster(m): 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
Congrats Greatest UIte! Proud to be associated with you.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by timawoku(m): 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2015
If you are a media political enthusiast and you don't know tolu ogunlesi then you are not complete. Barcanista really needs to learn one or 2 things from these, I have a word for online political analyst. 'always seek relevance to stay relevant'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by tpiadotcom: 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
hmm, his wife is a blogger.

do I see some new mod appointments.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by luvprince4real(m): 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
SA media and publicity, SSA media and publicity and now SA on new media and we want to cut cost of governance, by duplicatting offices. Nija i hail thee.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by PenSniper: 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
[b][/b]
Mogidi:
Apart from the military officials, Buhari has only appointed News men, Garba Shehu, Adesina and Ogunlesi.
This government is going to rule through Twitter, this is why it was wrong to vote an illiterate.

Twitter may have won Buhari the presidency, twitter can't sustain his grip on power though.

Jumping the gun. Buhari's eagle
has not landed yet.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Mogidi: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
PenSniper:
[b][/b]

Jumping the gun. Buhari's eagle
has not landed yet.

I hope Buhari's eagle land on ya head grin grin
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by SPG4U(m): 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
RichDad1:

I'm allergic to space booking ni. angry angry angry
eeya sorry ehn? Nxt time take ur eyes of it and concentrate on why u are here ok?
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Calbarian(m): 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mogidi:
Apart from the military officials, Buhari has only appointed News men, Garba Shehu, Adesina and Ogunlesi.
This government is going to rule through Twitter, this is why it was wrong to vote an illiterate.

Twitter may have won Buhari the presidency, twitter can't sustain his grip on power though.

I just came across this and I must admit, I'm a bit perturbed:

This message is for Nigerians whether PDP or APC apologist. Christian or Muslim. Let's pause for a minute and think about the way we fight corruption in Nigeria.
Last week, The former governor of Jigawa state was arraigned by EFCC alongside his children for receiving N1.35 billion kickback from a government contractor. Few days later, he was flown to Abuja and granted bail on self recognition!.
So he is a free man now at least till next 7years, because case no dey finish here till minimum of 7years. Now, calculate what tax payers are losing:
1. N1.35B +
2. EFCC officers salary + time spent on the matter that could have been used more judiciously +
3. Legal fees. Keyamo and Co will collect nothing less than N50m to prosecute any case.
At the end of the day, the court will give a verdict that this man is not guilty of N1.35b fraud then he will go home on self recognition. So the more you steal the more you will be recognized as VIP in Nigeria.
Is this type of anti corruption war making sense at all. Please let us think and act now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
luvprince4real:
SA media and publicity, SSA media and publicity and now SA on new media and we want to cut cost of governance, by duplicatting offices. Nija i hail thee.
Just as Jonathan had Abati, Okupe and Omokiri?
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by mohisi: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
MosakuAW:

Congrats.

He looks calm from his pix.

We are still awaiting appointments from the east, all we have been seeing is North and West or there is no credible person in East!
u did nt vote 4 him n u wnt appointment 4r him is that nt funny even he will appoint 4r east let him appoint 4r Imo state

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Ephemmm: 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
Mogidi:

The same way media propaganda on NTA and AIT against Tinubu and Buhari has helped PDP to win. He can use Radio Biafra if he likes, he will be kicked out the same way GEJ was kicked out if he fail to perform.

God bless Nigeria, my beloved country.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
timawoku:
If you are a media political enthusiast and you don't know tolu ogunlesi then you are not complete. Barcanista really needs to learn one or 2 things from these, I have a word for online political analyst. 'always seek relevance to stay relevant'.
What happens to Barcanista? Did I tell you that I was lobbying for the job?
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Ephemmm: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
huangcheng:
Chai!! The only post befitting of our Yoruba brothers is media spokesperson. This is an insult to the entire Yoruba tribe who were the brain behind the re-branding of a tyrant General Buhari.

I weep for Tinubu.

Please continue weeping till the time comes he appoints Nnamdi Kanu too as BiafraSE New Media Aide tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by PenSniper: 5:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
huangcheng:
Chai!! The only post befitting of our Yoruba brothers is media spokesperson. This is an insult to the entire Yoruba tribe who were the brain behind the re-branding of a tyrant General Buhari.

I weep for Tinubu.

Sarcastic weeping for yet another
þdisappointment ? Don't cry for me
'Argentina', cry a lagoon for your
rejection. Wait to offer your usual
sacrifices to your god of Amadioha
when and if you are graciously given
the sgf. And BTW, Yorubas are not your brothers. That ended before the elections and wont change.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by dahaz(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
I dont know tolu but from peoples comments he seems to b a briliant chap. congrats..Buhari is fast learning from jonathans mistakes. ignore the south west at your own risk.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
tupacshakur:

Flat-heads are not to be entrusted with such overly sensitive positions.

When the time comes for PMB to appoint a special assistant or minister for special duties or any other "not-too-serious" role, expect a Flat-head to be appointed.

And you think SA "New" Media is a serious role right? Yorubastard Monkey!

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by PenSniper: 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
kaycid77:
This guy look like a HACKER..... another wikileak grin

Yes, a hacker from the land of master hackers - Biafra (bear-furo).
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
Calbarian:

I just came across this and I must admit, I'm a bit perturbed:

This message is for Nigerians whether PDP or APC apologist. Christian or Muslim. Let's pause for a minute and think about the way we fight corruption in Nigeria.
Last week, The former governor of Jigawa state was arraigned by EFCC alongside his children for receiving N1.35 billion kickback from a government contractor. Few days later, he was flown to Abuja and granted bail on self recognition!.
So he is a free man now at least till next 7years, because case no dey finish here till minimum of 7years. Now, calculate what tax payers are losing:
1. N1.35B +
2. EFCC officers salary + time spent on the matter that could have been used more judiciously +
3. Legal fees. Keyamo and Co will collect nothing less than N50m to prosecute any case.
At the end of the day, the court will give a verdict that this man is not guilty of N1.35b fraud then he will go home on self recognition. So the more you steal the more you will be recognized as VIP in Nigeria.
Is this type of anti corruption war making sense at all. Please let us think and act now.

Jonathan was trying to fight it in his own ways by strengthening institutions, FOI, PIB and a whole lot of ways. These was the strategy even Transparency international acknowledged and our corruption index fell consistently under Jonathan.

But then the propaganda machines came and told us Jonathan is the father of Satan and Buhari is the mother of Angel Michael. Typical of Nigerians we go for miracles instead of reality. Now we are back to the crude old way of fighting corruption which has never worked and will not work!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by feedthenation(m): 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
If Barcanista had stayed with the APC, maybe, just maybe he will have gotten the position of SA New Media.

Don't worry 2019 is just around the corner, Barcanista, your time will surely come.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by phyllosilicate(m): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
1bunne4lif:
that's where you got it wrong. There should be fairness and equity it doesn't matter if the east voted for him or not.
Bro fairness and equity isn't in politics. The Americans say Majority has their way, minority has their say.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Gboliwe: 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
Of all the twitter noisemakers (the Omojuwa, Ogundamisi etal) Ogunlesi is the one with the broadest mind. During the lagoon era with Nze Akiolu, he was the only one amongst those noisemakers who stood firm and condemned the pronouncement of the Nze. I don't follow him on twitter but he is a facebook friend and him and Jideonwu seem to have the same kind of mind. I can stand these ones. But Omojuwa and Ogundamisi? Those ones are irritating noisemakers

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Chibokgame: 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
Wao that's a welcome development,
Buhari is really reducing the cost of governance.

But for the man,
He is damn lucky,
His nose alone is a different Twitter account.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by thaoriginator: 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2015
MosakuAW:

Congrats.

He looks calm from his pix.

We are still awaiting appointments from the east, all we have been seeing is North and West or there is no credible person in the East!
no flat heads allowed
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Drdonzeez(m): 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
You'll never get satisfied
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
Funjosh:
This is cool cool I am a follower of his handle on twitter very intelligent young Nigerian smiley

This is the type of change we want let the youth be integrated into the government. smiley

Buhari is always forward thinking.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by harry509: 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
talk2smat:
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Tolu Ogunlesi, a journalist, as his Special Assistant on New Media. Officials at the presidency told PREMIUM TIMES Mr. Ogunlesi has undergone security screening and his appointment is to be announced in the coming days. Mr. Ogunlesi is one of Nigeria’s most active Twitter users, and was clearly in favour of Mr. Buhari’s election in the 2015 general elections.

He will be the Buhari administration’s social media anchor, a role played by Reno Omokiri for former President Goodluck Jonathan. Mr. Ogunlesi describes himself as a poet, photographer, and fiction writer. Before his appointment, he was a freelance writer, contributing articles to various publications, mostly abroad. He also syndicated opinion articles in many Nigerian newspapers, including PREMIUM TIMES.

Mr. Ogunlesi, who trained as a pharmacist, worked as Features Editor for the defunct 234NEXT newspapers. In 2009 he was awarded the Arts and Culture prize in the annual CNN Multichoice African Journalism Awards. He won the CNN award again in 2013 in another category. He was also shortlisted for the inaugural PEN/Studzinski literary prize.

Mr. Ogulesi tweets via @toluogunlesi and has 143,000 followers.

Credit:http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/186789-buhari-to-name-journalist-tolu-ogunlesi-sa-new-media.html
dat 9ice.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by 1bunne4lif(m): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Bro fairness and equity isn't in politics. The Americans say Majority has their way, minority has their say.
we're in a democratic rule and he was elected the president of nigeria and not of those that voted for him.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by philips70(m): 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Japhet Omojuwa has lost out again, Daura President appointing my yoruba folks into *talk talk* position while the Northerners are getting juicy appointments.

Change Indeed

Japhet Omojuwa do not want government's appointment at the moment. This is a statement of fact. If he wants there are many open positions he can serve. You guys should keep out of this hate in everything.
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by olaolulazio(m): 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
He looks like an Ethiopian citizen.
More like a marathon race athlete.

Congratulations in advance!
Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by ikaboy: 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nice one, I remember working with him in Visafone Comm then. Bad news for the anti buhari e-warriors- (barcanis.. and co)

Barcanista would have gotten this role, if on the other side. Bro don't be deterred.

life's more than what you studied in school
 try following what you are passionate about
 and stay on it... this is what usually happens

Congrats to Tolu, the Pharmacist turned writer.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Name Journalist, Tolu Ogunlesi, SA New Media by timawoku(m): 5:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
barcanista:
What happens to Barcanista? Did I tell you that I was lobbying for the job?
baba barcanista!

I know you are open to criticism, don't get me wrong, I appreciate your analysis a lot!

Am not necessarily talking about getting a political appointment or job But devoid yourself of sentiments, then relevance will seek you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Called Off Election Boycott- IPOB / Policewoman Carries Ebelechukwu Obiano's Bag, Nigerians React (Photos) / "Is It Because It's Buhari? Can't Suffer & Smile Because My Bro Is President"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.